Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. (13342 Views)

Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? / Has Anyone In Nigeria Ever Gotten A Job From Indeed? / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Virtualaccounts: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2017
moscobabs:
My wife got her job while she was 2 weeks pregnant, but the HR and her boss didnt know untill one day he asked my wife out and the woman told him she's married and even pregnant, According to her the man just opened her mouth and said ''if he knew he wouldnt have employed her

There was no medical screening as part of the recruitment process?
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by webngnews: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2017
Yes
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by fineEagle: 9:05am On Dec 06, 2017
Some companies don't do pt test.......
Virtualaccounts:

There was no medical screening as part of the recruitment process?
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by bidemibunmi: 10:04am On Dec 06, 2017
it is well. my company employed a pregnant woman in her third trimester of recent and put her on a particular salary level and told her that after she put to bed(i.e. after her maternity leave) they will increase her salary by 50%. so for you to get a job as a pregnant woman, you must be connected or have that special skill that will make you next to none.
booqee:

third trimester..and showing..so i can't even conceal it
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
Daboomb:

With full benefit sef or is her husband one of those useless guys that cant feed a woman for just 9months? angry angry
maybe you are useless and cant feed ur woman.. but that certainly the opposite of my husband.

I only hate to stay at home that long without working and irrespective of pregnancy im very agile, hardworking and eager to work..except when i eventually deliver my baby to tend and care for. So finance is not a problem as i even have a side business of mine coupled with my husband's earning and support.

Now swerve and move to the nairaland kids section to continue saying ur nonsense where its not abnormal. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
Enkay12:
I will advice you manage your job till you put to bed but if you can't, resign and chill at home, take care of yourself till you give birth since you are already in your third trimester . The truth is nobody will want to employ you now and in the next few months you are already seeking for maternity leave, it's not even nice. Though you can still be favoured.
thanks a lot. Well I've finally resigned last week (its an inevitable decision). I'll do just as u said..chill till after delivery.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
speak2jasmine:
My story is quite a sad one
Lemme drop it here
I got a job when I was 4month gone in an oil firm this March 2017(marketing officer)
My employer knew, it's a new company.
I worked my ass out till it was my 8month in pregnancy my employer told me to go home so I can rest and put to bed, I applied for maternity leave, bear in mind we were two pregnant ladies. The other lady put to bed before me a month interval when it was time for her to resume she was told no vacancy. Her husband fortunately for them is the youth president where the firm is and so his boys caused lots of scene at the office and the next day she was told to resume the next month. Over to me, I had my baby unfortunately who lived for two month and he had a hole in his heart and TGA a heart disease which needed urgent surgery in India, my baby couldn't make it, he died, he left me. This was two month after birth Informed my office everything and that I want to resume, I was told no vacancy , meaning I lost two things at the same time infact my whole world crumbled. The HR told me there's nothing she can do well if the were expecting my hubby to create a scene that's a no no. So I"m jobless for now believe me I'm hurt took me a whole lot to write this. But I know God is always there for his people. On a lighter note i'm in need of a job my contact(enosampson4real@gmail.com)
I'm so sorry to read this. Nigerian labour market is unreasonably harsh! My prayer for you is that God will bless you with another blessed child and give you a better job before january 2018. Stay cheerful dear

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by District475: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
booqee:
Hi guys..

Ok i'm currently employed but due to some urgent and important reasons, I need to change my job ASAP.

For every application I've gone through, once they see i'm pregnant, (irrespective of how good my performance was), they just change their story.

I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this?

Don't you think its unfair..

Please lets me hear your experience or opinion.. whether male or female..

Thanks..

Mods, i'll appreciate if this is on front page

Na so, you want to get a Job with your Big Stomach undecided
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Lamanii22(f): 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
1234onyekwe:
Mehn,this is the best quote so far.

Most terrible comment so far...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? / Amaiden Energy Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Special Appeal To All Employers Of Labour And HR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.