Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

10 Things This Police Unit Doesn't Want You To Know About SARS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10 Things This Police Unit Doesn't Want You To Know About SARS (585 Views)

Rape, Sex Scandal Rocks Police Unit In Abeokuta, Ogun State / Meet CSP Gana: All You Need To Know About SARS New Boss In Lagos / Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things This Police Unit Doesn't Want You To Know About SARS by ehmmieJ: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
Here are the ten things you should know;

1) Bail is free

This is a fact. It’s a shame that most Nigerians don’t know this. If you have been arrested by the police do not be swindled into paying for your bail.

2) You are liable to remain silent if arrested

If you are ever arrested by SARS or other police officers, please know you can choose to remain silent. This is backed up by the Nigerian constitution.

3) Lawyer

During interrogation, your lawyer must be present. According to Section 6(2)(a) Administration of Criminal Justice Act (2015); your legal counsel must be present when questioned by law enforcement officials

4) Torture is illegal

Forget what you’ve seen in the movies, the Nigerian police has no right to torture anyone including suspects. This also includes unlawful treatment.

5) Searching of phones

It is illegal for any police officer to search your phone(s). SARS operatives are fond of going through phones. This is illegal and they don’t have the right to do so.

6) Innocent till proven guilty

This is a universal principle but somehow a few of our police officers do not know this. No one is guilty until a court of law delivers such a verdict. Till then, a suspect is innocent and should be treated as such.

7) Reason of arrest

A policeman must state the reason why you are under arrest before putting you in the ‘cuffs.

cool Compensation for unlawful arrest

If you have ever been unlawfully arrested before, you have a right to be compensated by the authorities. This is according to Section 35(6) of the 1999 constitution.

http://infopromoter.com/2017/12/06/10-things-this-police-unit-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about-sars/

1 Like

Re: 10 Things This Police Unit Doesn't Want You To Know About SARS by SenorFax(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
Criminal organisation called Sars, they will even arrest you for keeping quiet.

Walking to their van like.....

Re: 10 Things This Police Unit Doesn't Want You To Know About SARS by duduwest(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
You sound right but how many people got the liver to question this lawless tout in uniform? I remember the day I tried to proof the stuff I made of, nobody beg me before I negotiate my free with 5k. Let's just pray our path don't cross the line of this wicked people
Re: 10 Things This Police Unit Doesn't Want You To Know About SARS by magaliyu(f): 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
Police is your friend.
Re: 10 Things This Police Unit Doesn't Want You To Know About SARS by Authoreety: 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2017
Sars should be scrapped

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Baale Crushes Wife To Death With Jeep / Unlawfully Declining Of Dispense Error By Banks To Defraud Customers / How I Was Tricked To Join Badoo Cult Group- Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.