Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

#ENDSARS Goes Viral As It Is Featured On BBC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #ENDSARS Goes Viral As It Is Featured On BBC (1808 Views)

Nigerian 'Rubber Kids' Can Twist Their Bodies Like Snake, Featured On BBC / Ghanaian Girl With Beautiful Blue Eyes Goes Viral (Photos) / Incredible:pretty Woman Goes Viral As She Strips Unclad For Her Maternity Shoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS Goes Viral As It Is Featured On BBC by Lilpea(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
The #ENDSARS campaign has been branded ‘politically motivated’ and the police claim criminals are behind the campaign but it appears the world is watching. The trending issue featured on BBC and below is how they reported it…

An online campaign against police brutality has gone viral in Nigeria. The hashtag #EndSARS started trending over the weekend after a post claiming a young man was shot by the police’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad, known as Sars.

On Saturday, a user with the handle @YabaKid claimed to have seen officers from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad shoot a boy in the head in front of him. The user had been tweeting with the hashtag #EndSARS for many months but in the past few days thousands of others have responded with their own stories of police brutality. Many claimed to have been held at gunpoint, arrested without charge, forced to pay bribes and even shot by officers from the unit.
Read more>>http://www.paramountupdates.com/endsars-goes-international-featured-bbc/

Re: #ENDSARS Goes Viral As It Is Featured On BBC by Samusu(m): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
Wow, from Al Jazeera AJStream airing tonight to BBC. CNN ati take over
Re: #ENDSARS Goes Viral As It Is Featured On BBC by Ncsamuel(m): 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
Yes! They have to end it oh. Cos i dont see why someone will just stop me on my way to work, asking to check out my phone. Wtf are you looking for? Do i have armed robbers as contacts on my phone or what?
Re: #ENDSARS Goes Viral As It Is Featured On BBC by destino24(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
Samusu:
Wow, from Al Jazeera AJStream airing tonight to BBC. CNN ati take over

AJStream airs tomorrow.
Re: #ENDSARS Goes Viral As It Is Featured On BBC by Samusu(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
destino24:

AJStream airs tomorrow.

OK, noted

(1) (Reply)

Sex Starved Nigerian Man Begs For Sex On Social Media / Do you have the Parent/Guardian Form for the Nigeria Navy Recuritment 2018? / Is Disability A Crime? Where Is The Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.