Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

A Journalist Has Revealed What Pastors Are Doing With Tithes And Offerings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Journalist Has Revealed What Pastors Are Doing With Tithes And Offerings (521 Views)

What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Journalist Has Revealed What Pastors Are Doing With Tithes And Offerings by felicia58: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
While the issue of tithing appears to be causing ripples and division
among Nigerians, an investigative journalist and writer,
Femi Owolabi, has come to the defence of some pastors and what
they do with the tithes and offerings they get from the
church.
Femi Owolabi took to his Facebook account to speak on the trending
issue. Below is what he posted:
“I live around Yaba area of Lagos. From Sabo down to Iwaya, you
see boreholes donated by Mountain of Fire and Miracles
Ministries, MFM.
Many months ago, I was working on a report and I needed to carry
out some laboratory tests. When I got to University of Lagos’
Chemical Engineering lab, I was directed to the university’s central
lab which I gathered is the largest and most equipped.
Entering, I saw that the lab was donated by Daniel Olukoya, founder
of MFM who is actually an alumnus of the school.
As much as the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria,
CAN, embarrasses itself on the pages of newspaper, CAN
runs one of the largest displaced persons camps in the northeast.
For three years that I have been mobilizing relief materials
for displaced persons in the northeast, aside individuals and a few
NGOs, Christian organizations have been a larger donor of
relief materials. My phone would ring, and the caller goes, “I am
Pastor JJ. We have bags of cloths, please how do we get these
to the displaced persons in the northeast?”

Read more >>> https://www.goldeneyeng.com/journalist-revealed-pastors-tithes-offerings/
Re: A Journalist Has Revealed What Pastors Are Doing With Tithes And Offerings by Fxmanager(m): 1:08am On Dec 07, 2017
Okay.
Re: A Journalist Has Revealed What Pastors Are Doing With Tithes And Offerings by fellowman: 6:57am On Dec 07, 2017
first of all this story is fake, the story is made to promote one church and to embarrass CAN. Let me ask you how much does your church donate to CAN, go and find out.

And secondly who is Femi owolabi?, why does his opinion matter? so you had to put the story in your blog .

(1) (Reply)

Bishop surivives Fatal Accident After Attending Son's Wedding in benin(photo) / Happy Christmas: Thinkers, Let's Celebrate The Birth Of Niklas / Prophecy For Israel 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.