Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Who Really Owns Jerusalem? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Really Owns Jerusalem? (3887 Views)

This Pair Of Photos Tells A Lot On Who Really Owns Israel / Czech Republic Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of The State Of Israel / Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by ENG1110: 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
I have been reading comments from people about Jerusalem, and most people choose which side to support based on their religion without considering history. I just want to quickly point out some facts, and why it is more complicated than it seems.

1. Jews lived in present day Israel for a long time before being exiled by the Romans (second exile)
2. After the exile, the Romans relocated a new set of people to occupy the land.
3. Jews became dispersed over Europe, which led to their persecution in Europe, and holocaust during 2nd world war by Hitler.
4. For a long time, Jews had no country, that is why you have German jew, Polish Jew, Hungarian Jew etc
5. While in Exile, Arabs took root in Israel, which was solidified when Ottoman empire conquered the region.
6. During this period, Jerusalem became a holy site for muslims.
7. After WW1, the British took over Israel from Ottoman, and around that time, Jews started returning to Israel.
8. After second WW, Britain decided to divide the region into 2-Israel and Palestine, and Jerusalem will be neutral since both claim it as their holy site.

I have skipped over a lot of things, because it is quite complicated.

The issue now is that, who really owns the land. Jews had it for a long time after taking it from the Canaanites. Palestinians have been on that land for almost 1000 years, so you cannot just come from Europe and claim this was your country 1000 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Michael004: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
Some jews from west Africa.

7 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by ENG1110: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
The general agreement is that Israel's capital will be in west Jerusalem, and Palestine capital in east Jerusalem, but a 2 state solution need to be reached first. The move by Trump just complicates things

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by samebony1: 2:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
The land belongs to the Jews, Israelis if you like. And Jerusalem is their ETERNAL capital.

The Torah is their C of O. I never thought Trump can have my support, until now.

Any body that thinks the Israelis are not entitled to the land is playing with fire and will, most assuredly met with failure.

Israel defeated the Arab coalition in many wars over the years and will continue to beat them, even without the help of USA.

Psalm 137:5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning

The true Jew or Christian can never ever forget or do anything that will work against God's purpose for Jerusalem, which is that the City of David is meant for the descendants of Abraham through Sarah.

11 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by amjoseph19: 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
ENG1110:
The general agreement is that Israel's capital will be in west Jerusalem, and Palestine capital in east Jerusalem, but a 2 state solution need to be reached first. The move by Trump just complicates things
You guys should stop all this 2 state resolution nonsense. Undivided Jerusalem belongs to the Israeli. History pointed to that and the world knows that. The world have been pampering Islams for far too long. thank God we have a president who doesn't give a rat ass to sentiment. If Islam do anyhow, them go see anyhow.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by TherWasACountry: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
Depends on where u want to trace it from.

Jews claim of Jerusalem started with Abraham. Before Abram, it was owned by Jebusites - ancient tribes whose origins are unclear but thought to be from what is present day Iraq, Syria and Jordan. Abram himself was a native of Ur, a place close to Babylon or present day Iraq. The rest is history as u have enumerated.

It is not clear how directly Palestinians are related to the original Jebusites but what is well known is that they are descendants of the Philistines whose main domain were Gath, Gaza, Ekron, Ashteroth (indeed, Gaza strip still exists under Palestinian Hamas control).

From Abraham to Moses, Joshua and Caleb (the battle of Hebron), Jews conquered the land and occupied it. BUT! They dint completely annihilate the original inhabitants, and therefore mixed up with them. All through David and Solomon, the Kings and the Prophets, Judaism became instituted in the land (before now, the land had been fetish). Massive temples, synagogues, walls (today's Jewish holy sites) were built.

At AD 70, Emperor Nero scattered the Jews all over the world. References to this are found in the Book of Daniel. The Romans ran the show for centuries until Constantine who heavily brought the Christians (through Catholics) back into the picture (since Christ and the Apostles). Numerous ancient relics were collected - parts of the cross, spear of Longinus, veil of Veronica, and some claim the legendary holy grail. And so a second contender entered d show - Christians - also claiming Jerusalem as a holy site.

The subsequent reign of the Ottomans introduced widespread Islam. A lot of Jewish sites had been destroyed by the Romans, and so they replaced some with big Mosques like the Al aqsa - Islam's third holiest site, still standing today, and one of the hottest buttons in the contentions. And so the City tumbled from hand to hand until the British came and started sharing land as they always do (just like they shared Nigeria and Africa. They dint start today).

So if u ask me, the land dint belong to either of them. Jebusites owned Jerusalem. But Jews had conquered and taken the land from them, and have been stronger than them till today.

If I were Palestinians, I'd quit fighting for Jerusalem. Today it's the Jews. It's been like that for millennia. People come and go, the land remains. That's wisdom.

God had already Arabs and Palestinians. They'd have twelve tribes and the fatness of the earth. It's waste of time to make their lives about Jerusalem. Let them move on. Leave d Israelis (they can never b more powerful than them) if they don't want to remain in occupation forever. Carve out a territory for themselves, without Jerusalem if necessary. Focus on developing their people and have their fulfilled lives in happiness and peace.

The Yoruba would say Sho ti gbo?

13 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by PFRB: 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
ENG1110:
I have been reading comments from people about Jerusalem, and most people choose which side to support based on their religion without considering history. I just want to quickly point out some facts, and why it is more complicated than it seems.

1. Jews lived in present day Israel for a long time before being exiled by the Romans (second exile)
2. After the exile, the Romans relocated a new set of people to occupy the land.
3. Jews became dispersed over Europe, which led to their persecution in Europe, and holocaust during 2nd world war by Hitler.
4. For a long time, Jews had no country, that is why you have German jew, Polish Jew, Hungarian Jew etc
5. While in Exile, Arabs took root in Israel, which was solidified when Ottoman empire conquered the region.
7. After WW1, the British took over Israel from Ottoman, and around that time, Jews started returning to Israel.
8. After second WW, Britain decided to divide the region into 2-Israel and Palestine, and Jerusalem will be neutral since both claim it as their holy site.

The issue now is that, who really owns the land. Jews had it for a long time after taking it from the Canaanites. Palestinians have been on that land for almost 1000 years, so you cannot just come from Europe and claim this was your country 1000 years ago.

You have accepted that Jews own Jerusalem so let them have it.

5 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Sirjamo: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2017
samebony1:
The land belongs to the Jews, Israelis if you like. And Jerusalem is their ETERNAL capital.

The Torah is their C of O. I never thought Trump can have my support, until now.

Any body that thinks the Israelis are not entitled to the land is playing with fire and will, most assuredly met with failure.

Israel defeated the Arab coalition in many wars over the years and will continue to beat them, even without the help of USA.

The true Jew or Christian can never ever forget or do anything that will work against God's purpose for Jerusalem, which is that the City of David is meant for the descendants of Abraham through Sarah.
If Israel is as powerful as you claim, why haven't they been able to occupy the whole Jerusalem? why are we talking about two state solution to the crisis?
If the former Soviet Union could not defeat the Arab coalition in Afghanistan, is it Israel that was trashed by Hezbollah alone in Lebanon that will defeat it. Continue deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by SalamRushdie: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2017
Palestines muslims couldnt have had it for a thousand years when Islam is just 600 years old ..The messnger of God Trump has spoken and Jerusalem now belong to Isreal

9 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by SalamRushdie: 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2017
samebony1:

Good to see you are beginning to see Trump is no regular president
Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sirjamo:
If Israel is as powerful as you claim, why haven't they been able to occupy the whole Jerusalem? why are we talking about two state solution to the crisis?
If the former Soviet Union could not defeat the Arab coalition in Afghanistan, is it Israel that was trashed by Hezbollah alone in Lebanon that will defeat it. Continue deceiving yourself.

lol Isreal has been occupying the whole of Jerusalem since 1967.What planet are you from? Isreal thrashed by heszboilla? You must be dreaming

6 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Zuluhead(m): 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2017
Jerusalem belongs to isreal, this issue have been lingering for years. Al jazeera news station most priority is to paint isreal bad and palestine good to the world.they never showcase or promote any good new about isreal.
ENG1110:

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by samebony1: 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sirjamo:

Israel is not talking about two state solution but the International community that is supporting the Palestine.
Russia could not defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan, because US was supported the Taliban with weapon and other logistics. US was afraid that if Russia gain access to a warm water port, they will be able to spread their communist ideology farther and thereby undermine US interest in the South Pacific and Eastern Africa.

Israel defeated a coalition of Arabs in the Six Day War, also known as the June War, 1967 Arab–Israeli War. The Arabs were also spanked in the Yom Kippur War 1973, not to talk of the 1948 war, when a vey young Israeli nation defeated a coalition of many Arab nations. Israel can not be defeated by any Arab nation(s)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by samebony1: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Good to see you are beginning to see Trump is no regular president

Am not for Trump, but for Israel. Anything that will further the interest of Israel will ever have my support.
[b]If God can use even satan himself to achieve a purpose, then he can use Trump

If Trump continue with his racist behavior against Blacks in US, I will still call him out.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by orisa37: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
The Jebus are Ijebus from the SW own Jerusalem.

4 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Bari22: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2017
Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Bari22: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sirjamo:

Tell him please, if they are that powerful let them force palastenians out of that land
Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Palestines muslims couldnt have had it for a thousand years when Islam is just 600 years old ..The messnger of God Trump has spoken and Jerusalem now belong to Isreal

This is about as moronic as measuring the age of Igbo civilization from the time that Christianity landed on our shores. So Palestinians did not exist before Islam? In your book of Bible myths, what religion did all those Canaanite groups, or Jebusites or Hittites or Philistines etc practise? I guess if they didn't practise Abrahamic religions, then the people never existed, abi?

3 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by SalamRushdie: 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

This is about as moronic as measuring the age of Igbo civilization from the time that Christianity landed on our shores. So Palestinians did not exist before Islam? In your book of Bible myths, what religion did all those Canaanite groups, or Jebusites or Hittites or Philistines etc practise? I guess if they didn't practise Abrahamic religions, then the people never existed, abi?

No matter what you Satanist do and No matter how you cry a biblical prophecy has just been fulfilled and Jerusalem will forever be Isreal Capital from now on

8 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by TherWasACountry: 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
SalamRushdie:

No matter what you Satanist do and No matter how you cry a biblical prophecy has just been fulfilled and Jerusalem will forever be Isreal Capital from now on

And yet, it will still add nothing to your life. grin
No one can free you from this mental slavery, but yourself the day you grow some sense. So carry on glorying and exulting in the oppression of another people like a typical African slave.

4 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by haffaze777(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2017
Michael004:
Some jews from west Africa.
stop telling lie, Jerusalem is biafla land

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Sirjamo: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

lol Isreal has been occupying the whole of Jerusalem since 1967.What planet are you from? Isreal thrashed by heszboilla? You must be dreaming
Hamas has been in charge of east Jerusalem until recently, while the ruling Fatah has been controling the rest of Palestine, it is you that should rather get your facts right
Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

And yet, it will still add nothing to your life. grin
No one can free you from this mental slavery, but yourself the day you grow some sense. So carry on glorying and exulting in the oppression of another people like a typical African slave.

don't mind the idiot. Israeli government also supported apartheid in south Africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

they were pagan hence God warned the Israelites not to copy any of their pagan practices... Unlike islam dat copied many things from jews and Christians

1 Like

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

don't mind the idiot. Israeli government also supported apartheid in south Africa.

Don't expect that to register in their heads. Their book of Bible myths told them to be unquestioning slaves to the Zionist agenda.
Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2017
salvation101:
they were pagan hence God warned the Israelites not to copy any of their pagan practices... Unlike islam dat copied many things from jews and Christians

What does their paganism have to do with their roots/origin in the region?

And there is plenty in the Judaic religion that was borrowed from their Pagan neighbours. Forget about your Bible mythologies and do some serious basic research.

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

What does their paganism have to do with their roots/origin in the region?

And there is plenty in the Judaic religion that was borrowed from their Pagan neighbours. Forget about your Bible mythologies and do some serious basic research.
i trust my Bible over ur contorted research

3 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by anibirelawal(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
The name "JERUSALEM" belongs to the JEWS, while the LAND belongs to the PALESTINIAN.
Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2017
salvation101:
i trust my Bible over ur contorted research

Then you're little better than an illiterate. It's your choice to wallow in your ignorance. smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Then you're little better than an illiterate. It's your choice to wallow in your ignorance. smiley
u can go hug transformer then cos Jerusalem is already Isreal capital

2 Likes

Re: Who Really Owns Jerusalem? by ratcock: 5:48am On Dec 08, 2017
salvation101:
u can go hug transformer then cos Jerusalem is already Isreal capital
Why are you replying that Muslim who keeps living in denial. The best thing is to allow him to continue consoling himself.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Polish Government Says Prince William Is Son Of Jacob Rothschild / Russia’s Secret Weapon: Undercover Chechens Inside Daesh Guide Aerospace Forces / Nato Units Left 61 African Migrants To Die Of Hunger And Thirst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.