Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Making A Short Film About Stand Up Comedy In Nigeria. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Making A Short Film About Stand Up Comedy In Nigeria. (944 Views)

Hilarious Stand Up Comedy Performance By Akpororo (watch) / Stand Up Comedy For A Nairalander! / Funny Videos And Stand Up Comedy Links. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making A Short Film About Stand Up Comedy In Nigeria. by Jacobeh: 9:24am On Mar 30, 2010
Hello Nairalanders

My name is Jacob.
My friend and I are participating in a competition, that if we win, enables us to travel to a country to make a short film, which is to be shown at film festivals and used in education in our home country, Denmark in Scandinavia.

The Theme of the film has to have something to do with people being in a dilemma. At the same time we thought that making a film about stand up comedians in Nigeria would be a really interesting subject. So in this case it could have something to do with the choice of being a stand up comedian instead of being something else. Or In other words, Was there a dilemma when chosing to become a stand up comedian, and what was that dilemma.

The reason I'm Posting a message here on Nairaland, is that my friend and I have never been to Nigeria, and therefore don't know any stand up comedians. We're not looking for the big and famous ones, an unknown or local is just as good. The most important thing, is that they do stand up comedy, and that they are willing to participate in a film, that is to be shown various places and in the public media in our country, and maybe other countries if it becomes a good film.

So what I'm asking out there in Nairaland is, if any of you might know of anyone, or maybe you are that one yourself, that could help us?

Thanks!

/Jacob
Re: Making A Short Film About Stand Up Comedy In Nigeria. by Dyt(f): 11:35am On Mar 30, 2010
Hm hm,well welcome,bt wait o,na true

(1) (Reply)

The Ass Hahaha! / I Wish You All A Mary Xmas And A Prosperous New Year And : / Akpor Go Kill U Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.