Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? (6243 Views)

Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Ozouno1: 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
I'm researching the meaning of country names. It is interesting that Dahomey took the name of another Empire and became Republic of Benin.

But I cannot find this information. What is the True Meaning of the Word "Benin/Bini" and what language does it come from?
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by step1: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2017
I think you are mistaking. Benin is very different from bini

The word bini is from a corrupt word Ubini which mean land of vexation

Benin republic was was formally Republic of Dahomey but after a revolution they renamed it republic of Benin after the bright of benin.

Bright of benin was formally named slave coast which was use by many countries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by olasaad(f): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
The Yoruba will say"Ile Ibinu"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2017
You have got your history totally messed up.
Benin is the name of the pre-colonial african country whose king holds the title Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
The Bight of Benin and the slave coast are two different things, by the way, the Bight of Benin got its name before the slave coast got its own name (because the Benin Kingdom was already trading with europeans way before the transatlantic slave trade.)
And for your information the Bight of Benin got its name from the Benin Kingdom.
The word "bini" has no meaning and is being used by those who have no clue of the history of the kingdom or who simply are confused because there is currently an other country which is calling itself: Republic of Benin.
And, Dahomey did rename itself after the Benin Kingdom, even your claim of Dahomey renaming itself after the Bight of Benin which was named after the Benin Kingdom shows an anti-Benin bias. But it is a non issue because the original Benin is the Benin Kingdom.
Why do people like you keep trying to reduce Benin by any means ? I bet you would have loved Dahomey calling itself "republic of oyo".

Here is a video about Benin Kingdom and some pre-colonial maps showing the kingdom/empire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw

Some ancient maps of Benin Kingdom:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

step1:
I think you are mistaking. Benin is very different from bini

The word bini is from a corrupt word Ubini which mean land of vexation

Benin republic was was formally Republic of Dahomey but after a revolution they renamed it republic of Benin after the bright of benin.

Bright of benin was formally named slave coast which was use by many countries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by macof(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2017
historyworld030:
Benin is the name of the pre-colonial african country whose king holds the title Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
The Bight of Benin and the slave coast are two different things, by the way, the Bight of Benin got its name before the slave coast got its own name (because the Benin Kingdom was already trading with europeans way before the transatlantic slave trade.)
And for your information the Bight of Benin got its name from the Benin Kingdom.
The word "bini" has no meaning and is being used by those who have no clue of the history of the kingdom or who simply are confused because there is currently an other country which is calling itself: Republic of Benin.
And no Dahomey renamed itself after the Benin Kingdom, even your claim of Dahomey renaming itself after the Bight of Benin which was named after the Benin Kingdom shows an anti-Benin bias. But it is a non issue because the original Benin is the Benin Kingdom.
Why do people like you keep trying to reduce Benin by any means ? I bet you would have loved Dahomey calling itself "republic of oyo".

Here is a video about Benin Kingdom and some pre-colonial maps showing the kingdom/empire:

do ignore this slowpoke. He knows nothing but likes to talk too much

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2017
There is no such thing as "bini", the word is Benin. "bini" is a word some confused people use to call either the Edo or the Benin Kingdom or Benin City because they are confused by the fact that there is a country which is called Benin Republic. So "bini" is a woord used by confused and ignorant people. The name of the Kingdom is Benin and the name of the people is Edo. The name of the capital of the kingdom is Benin City.

Ozouno1:
I'm researching the meaning of country names. It is interesting that Dahomey took the name of another Empire and became Republic of Benin.

But I cannot find this information. What is the True Meaning of the Word "Benin/Bini" and what language does it come from?
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
If you are genuinly interested in learning about the Benin Kingdom/empire then you can contact the british museum or consult their documents online. You can also check out the Benin bronzes which the british stole from Oba Ovonramwen's palace. (Oba Ovonramwen was the Oba of Benin who fought against the british military). You can take a look at pre-colonial maps from several european libraries including those I posted which are from la Bibliothèque Nationale de France.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Mulakintanwa(m): 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2017
It is a yoruba word meaning give birth and child.

IBi - ęNi give birth to a person. Bini.

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
This is very hilarious! OMG! Distortion is the order of the day. So pathetic.
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by MayorofLagos(m): 6:12am On Dec 09, 2017
Ozouno1:

Although Yoruba say it is Ibinu (the annoyance of Oranminyan on account of encounters in Edo).

Here is my honest theory -
That Bini and Omo N'Oba are connected and cojoined terms and mean "child of" or a "reproduction of".

In Yoruba there are two identifiers for a child; each carries a spiritual equivalency reference. Omo is that which is seeded by the father. Ibi or Bibi is that which is birthed by the mother.

The seed of the new dynasty is Omo N'Oba, but creation of the new State is Ibini (Bini).

The story of Oranmiyan himself has not completely been told. Next to Oduduwa, Oranminyan is the next greatest Yoruba in antiquity. He sat on three Thrones - Oyo, Bini, Ife.

In my own theory I believe Oranmiyan is same as Aramean and Orion. This is for discussion in future.
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Although Yoruba say it is Ibinu (the annoyance of Oranminyan on account of encounters in Edo).

That Bini and Omo N'Oba are connected and cojoined terms and mean "child of" or a "reproduction of".

In Yoruba there are two identifiers for a child; each carries a spiritual equivalency reference. Omo is that which is seeded by the father. Ibi or Bibi is that which is birthed by the mother.

The seed of the new dynasty is Omo N'Oba, but creation of the new State is Ibini (Bini).

The story of Oranmiyan himself has not completely been told. Next to Oduduwa, Oranminyan is the next greatest Yoruba in antiquity. He sat on three Thrones - Oyo, Bini, Ife.

In my own theory I believe Oranmiyan is same as Aramean and Orion. This is for discussion in future.

Hmmm,I do appreciate many people who are connected to the present day people known as Yoruba and the extra work been done to unravel the identity of these founder of the dynasty known today. I, have informed on several occasions the ritual associated with Odu'a's ancestors and his descendants, which is a pointer to the place he came from. Ritualism and religion is a key to identify people's ancestry wherever such people migrated from or emigrated to. I had at one time in my research thought that Odu'a came from Egypt (Kemet), considering the “Ora" which is suffix to to Oke. And “Ora" is linked to the Ram worship in Egypt, while Pharaoh was the kingly lineage leader that worship such animal because Ra(m) was associated with god in their own religion. However, Odu'a don't worship Ram but use it as a sacrifice for redemption and other form of cleansing. I am deeply rooted in the particular aspects of Odu'a rituals tradition, so I was absolutely 100% certain he and his people in the present day oke Ora in Yoruba land weren't Egyptians. Then, the Aramean classification of the grandson of Odu'a known as oranmiyan, may seem connected but I see it not being accurate because Arameans didn't have this peculiar tradition that solely belong to Odu'a ancestors and descendants and Abraham's descendants. Certain information may be seen as weird but it is true .Do you know not all descendants of Ooni Odu'a descendants uses this ram as sacrifice, according to the account? Then, as far as I am concerned, Oba BINI didn't met his father, oranmiyan till both died because he,Owomika(Eweka) was a baby When oranmiyan left, so this can explain the reason oba BINI don't meet his apparent heir to the throne. On the name of BINI , like you rightly opined, the land of vexation (ULE—UBINU — ILE IBINU —BINI). In every words, there seems to be different meaning even if such word are shared amongst different clan or tribes. As far as I am concerned, Omo n' Oba, emanated from Yoruba through oranmiyan and literally mean King's son or a son crowned as king or son is king. All these depending on what happened during that period.

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by MayorofLagos(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ola,
The only thing I will take away here is your use of the word "religion". Yoruba, traditionally, did not have a religion, Yoruba had, and still have, "worship".

Prayer is the act of seeking for self-redemption and salvation against afflictions in a malevolent universe.

Worship is the act of venerating and praising GOD and His agents of creation in a benevolent cosmos.

After consulation on an individual's roadmap in the matrix database (opon ifa), the barriers and blockages in his/her path are identified. He/she is then advised to offer sacrifice. The sacrifice is an appeasement to soften the malevolent barriers and blockages, to lower their opposition to the individual's efforts snd struggles so he/she can advance along. The sacrifice does not go to GOD. They are not meant for GOD. They are for self.

On the other hand, burnt offerings, blood offerings, at the altar or inner sanctum of the shrine or temple....yes, this is for GOD, this is ritual to GOD and the ascendants and descendants of the Holy Order of the Cosmos....their place is on the sacred ladder (or chain, or steps) that extends down from heaven to earth.

Therefore, while Ifa is the manuscript of life and contains code for self-redemption and philosophy of living, there is something else....a Holy book or record of the creed of worship. I dont know what it is or what we call it, perharps this second manuscript might be what Yoruba call EDI, but Im honestly lacking in this knowledge beside the point that another manuscript exist beside Ifa.

Ram sacrifice, dove sacrifice, blood offerings, burnt offerings, and so on are all contained in this second Holy book and will tell how, when, where these things are to be done.

There is lots to unravel about Yoruba, historically, culturally, artistically, scientifically, divinely, astronomically, linguistically, politically, militarily, economically, geographically....

Aramean were people of Canaan. Does this help?
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by macof(m): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
MayorofLagos:

well well
Are you a student of history, ethnology, Anthropology or any related courses?
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2017
Ozouno1:

Benin is different from Bénin. Benin metamorphosed from Ule Ibinu to current day Benin in Nigeria. While Bénin Republic came into existence as a result of the Damohey people's welcoming attitude towards the white, when they came in contact with them i.e strangers,especially the French. Basically, it is a French descriptive word for Dahomey people which inturn can be said to be an adjective that literarily mean kind. Honestly I have seen the like of mongo park here on NL who claimed to have discovered Odo oyá, known to Yoruba which its name was changed to River Niger, a river that had existed before his great grandfather was born. And each tribes existing in present day Nigeria gave the river name according to the link associated with it. Some people will come online and start claiming Edo of BINI Kingdom extended her rule to Dahomey country..... These people can kill with their generic Lying. And I thought some Edo boys here claims having French knowledge, which ought to have pinned down the difference between the two. In other not to mislead people, who genuinely seek authentic information on certain aspects of the people of Africa.

If you are Edo and genuinely want to learn, researched works are out there to be fed with if in sincerity you seek such. But if you are Edo and allows pride to envelope your mindset, then, I will not go further than this.

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by AxxeMan: 12:29am On Dec 10, 2017
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=63139009]Benin is different from Bénin. Benin metamorphosed from Ule Ibinu to current day Benin in Nigeria. While Bénin Republic came into existence as a result of the Damohey people's welcoming attitude towards the white, when they came in contact with them i.e strangers,especially the French. Basically, it is a French descriptive word for Dahomey people which inturn can be said to be an adjective that literarily mean kind. Honestly I have seen the like of mongo park here on NL who claimed to have discovered Odo oyá, known to Yoruba which its name was changed to River Niger, a river that had existed before his great grandfather was born. And each tribes existing in present day Nigeria gave the river name according to the link associated with it. Some people will come online and start claiming Edo of BINI Kingdom extended her rule to Dahomey country..... These people can kill with their generic Lying. And I thought some Edo boys here claims having French knowledge, which ought to have pinned down the difference between the two. In other not to mislead people, who genuinely seek authentic information on certain aspects of the people of Africa.

If you are Edo and genuinely want to learn, researched works are out there to be fed with if in sincerity you seek such. But if you are Edo and allows pride to envelope your mindset, then, I will not go further than this. [/quote][/s]

Everyone disregard this trash this liar wrote up there!! angry
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by rhektor(m): 12:59am On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=63139009]Benin is different from Bénin. Benin metamorphosed from Ule Ibinu to current day Benin in Nigeria. While Bénin Republic came into existence as a result of the Damohey people's welcoming attitude towards the white, when they came in contact with them i.e strangers,especially the French. Basically, it is a French descriptive word for Dahomey people which inturn can be said to be an adjective that literarily mean kind. Honestly I have seen the like of mongo park here on NL who claimed to have discovered Odo oyá, known to Yoruba which its name was changed to River Niger, a river that had existed before his great grandfather was born. And each tribes existing in present day Nigeria gave the river name according to the link associated with it. Some people will come online and start claiming Edo of BINI Kingdom extended her rule to Dahomey country..... These people can kill with their generic Lying. And I thought some Edo boys here claims having French knowledge, which ought to have pinned down the difference between the two. In other not to mislead people, who genuinely seek authentic information on certain aspects of the people of Africa.

If you are Edo and genuinely want to learn, researched works are out there to be fed with if in sincerity you seek such. But if you are Edo and allows pride to envelope your mindset, then, I will not go further than this. [/s]

Everyone disregard this trash this liar wrote up there!! angry

Based on what? Is it because you said that we should disregard it, or because you have provided us with a reasonable amount of evidence as to its ineffectiveness? You don't just disregard a thing until you have a fact contrary to that opinion or belief

2 Likes

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by AxxeMan: 1:10am On Dec 10, 2017
rhektor:

Based on what? Is it because you said that we should disregard it, or because you have provided us with a reasonable amount of evidence as to its ineffectiveness? You don't just disregard a thing until you have a fact contrary to that opinion or belief

As an EDO SON FROM THE RED SOIL....... I AM STATING THAT TRASH IS FALSE!

An debating my land or history with a busy body Yoruba , who finds his own oyo or Osun history boring is not worth my time!
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by AxxeMan: 1:30am On Dec 10, 2017
And, Dahomey did rename itself after the Benin Kingdom, even your claim of Dahomey renaming itself after the Bight of Benin which was named after the Benin Kingdom shows an anti-Benin bias. But it is a non issue because the original Benin is the Benin Kingdom.

Well-done my brother ...... Otemwen utásē

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by rhektor(m): 2:07am On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:

As an EDO SON FROM THE RED SOIL....... I AM STATING THAT TRASH IS FALSE!

An debating my land or history with a busy body Yoruba , who finds his own oyo or Osun history boring is not worth my time!

This is quite unnecessary and illogical, the truth needs no covering as much as lies do. Clear the air once and it will make a lasting impact. Names calling would only breed enmity which I'm sure our ancestors never were apart of

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by AxxeMan: 2:16am On Dec 10, 2017
rhektor:

This is quite unnecessary and illogical, the truth needs no covering as much as lies do. Clear the air once and it will make a lasting impact. Names calling would only breed enmity which I'm sure our ancestors never were apart of

You Yoruba's should learn to mind your business, you don't see Edo's doing busy body on Yoruba matter cuz honestly we Dnt give a fvvck bout you all...

As An Edo Man I just told you that trash your brother wrote about Edo is a lie and you are also asking me rubbish

What your brother wrote does it make sense to you?
How wuld u feel if it was d Igbo's writing same about Yoruba!

Warn your ppl to stay off telling lies about Edo History they know nothing about!!
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by rhektor(m): 2:34am On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:

You Yoruba's should learn to mind your business, you don't see Edo's doing busy body on Yoruba matter cuz honestly we Dnt give a fvvck bout you all...

As An Edo Man I just told you that trash your brother wrote about Edo is a lie and you are also asking me rubbish

Warn your ppl to stay off telling lies about Edo History they know nothing about!!

Your problem is simply empty pride, simple question you can not answer must you be this bigoted? You threw away common sense in a simple matter. As simple and clear as my statement is you still have to enmeshed your deluded mind I evading the question. You just expose your I'll feelings towards others by this act. Only those who are afraid of logic resolve to violence which you just did. Even Jesus used superior arguments to drive home his point not resolving to insults. You claim you know your history yet you are afraid to state the obvious but want you discard what someone wrote [/b]based[b] on what? Check the bolded if my question seem too much for you consult the elders or stop winning and whinger like a child here

2 Likes

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by MayorofLagos(m): 5:08am On Dec 10, 2017
macof:
well well
Are you a student of history, ethnology, Anthropology or any related courses?

Why do you ask?
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by MayorofLagos(m): 5:10am On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:

We rule over your land in Bini. What do you mean mind our business? Bini is our business. Have you lost your mind?
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by AxxeMan: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2017
[s]J author=MayorofLagos post=63140779]

We rule over your land in Bini. What do you mean mind our business? Bini is our business. Have you lost your mind?[/quote][/s]

Who is this clown?

Even the Lagos you have on your moniker is Edo Territory , so you are nothing but an EDo Slave grin grin grin

See this clown

Hahaha
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by AxxeMan: 8:55am On Dec 10, 2017
[s]
rhektor:

Your problem is simply empty pride, simple question you can not answer must you be this bigoted? You threw away common sense in a simple matter. As simple and clear as my statement is you still have to enmeshed your deluded mind I evading the question. You just expose your I'll feelings towards others by this act. Only those who are afraid of logic resolve to violence which you just did. Even Jesus used superior arguments to drive home his point not resolving to insults. You claim you know your history yet you are afraid to state the obvious but want you discard what someone wrote [/b]based[b] on what? Check the bolded if my question seem too much for you consult the elders or stop winning and whinger like a child here
[/s]

Seems you have eye problems!

At the beginning of this thread an Edo man , took time to decimate and proof wrong all the trash written by Yoruba's here with facts, maps. And Videos and you are here still asking for what?

Sunday school teacher my ass , you are nothing but a misguided lair just like your brothers, stop redicling Christianity abeg grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by macof(m): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Why do you ask?
cause if you study even the basics of those courses you would know already that your "theory" cannot hold because its already established fact that Oranmiyan is a prince from Ife. Orion, Aramean theory is as good as dead on arrival

If you knew the basics of such disciplines you would know that one name doesn't have to correlate with another name in another language just because they sound alike. That's what should be called a fools truth

Some words from two different languages can infact be related but sound different e.g.. igbo - Ego, Yoruba - owo. Igbo - ugbo, Yoruba- oko
These are actual cognates that formed from a single language which the ancestors of the Yoruba and Igbo spoke

It is this sort of confused historical theories that make Edos want to bank on the gross ignorance of Yorubas on her history. They know many don't know what is history and what is fiction
Stop doing the Yoruba a disservice by all this middle East, European connection that do not make any sense
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by rhektor(m): 11:16am On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:
[s][/s]

Seems you have eye problems!

At the beginning of this thread an Edo man , took time to decimate and proof wrong all the trash written by Yoruba's here with facts, maps. And Videos and you are here still asking for what?

Sunday school teacher my ass , you are nothing but a misguided lair just like your brothers, stop redicling Christianity abeg grin grin grin grin

Digression and deviation keep it up. When you fail to answer simple questions it shows that you are just empty. What has Sunday school got to do with this? Can you see silly you are? You fail to appeal to even common sense.

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by AxxeMan: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2017
rhektor:

Digression and deviation keep it up. When you fail to answer simple questions it shows that you are just empty. What has Sunday school got to do with this? Can you see silly you are? You fail to appeal to even common sense.

Lock up and enta bush jaare
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by MayorofLagos(m): 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:
[s]J author=MayorofLagos post=63140779]

We rule over your land in Bini. What do you mean mind our business? Bini is our business. Have you lost your mind?[/s]

Who is this clown?

Even the Lagos you have on your moniker is Edo Territory , so you are nothing but an EDo Slave grin grin grin

See this clown

Hahaha

Edo is a conquered territory. You have no beginning. Ogiso was brought to rule you from Ife, Oba was brought to rule over you from Ife. Lagos is an original territory of Awori. Bini is known in Lagos, we dont know Edo.

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by MayorofLagos(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
macof:
cause if you study even the basics of those courses you would know already that your "theory" cannot hold because its already established fact that Oranmiyan is a prince from Ife. Orion, Aramean theory is as good as dead on arrival

If you knew the basics of such disciplines you would know that one name doesn't have to correlate with another name in another language just because they sound alike. That's what should be called a fools truth

Some words from two different languages can infact be related but sound different e.g.. igbo - Ego, Yoruba - owo. Igbo - ugbo, Yoruba- oko
These are actual cognates that formed from a single language which the ancestors of the Yoruba and Igbo spoke

It is this sort of confused historical theories that make Edos want to bank on the gross ignorance of Yorubas on her history. They know many don't know what is history and what is fiction
Stop doing the Yoruba a disservice by all this middle East, European connection that do not make any sense

I pity you. Look at your lengthy anger over a theoretical input. I didnt know nobody is allowed to offer a theory without first studying and understanding all these subjects. Now that I know, I will be more defiant and offer theories that are wild and extreme. I want to revv up your anger. grin
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by macof(m): 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
MayorofLagos:

I pity you. Look at your lengthy anger over a theoretical input. I didnt know nobody is allowed to offer a theory without first studying and understanding all these subjects. Now that I know, I will be more defiant and offer theories that are wild and extreme. I want to revv up your anger. grin

Smh. Pity the entire Yoruba nation
And you wonder why Yoruba history is in shatters

If you don't care about your ethnic history, some others do
Re: What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? by Olu317(m): 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

I adore this piece. I have mentioned one peculiar tradition of admunia descendants (Ooni ) that I, Olu was initiated into the RAM SACRIFICE and the peculiar yard of white clothes usage. How on earth will someone now deny research that is connected to a people in Middle East, simply because of pride? How can someone claim descendant from Pharaoh who worship Ram and don't kill them as sacrifice call that lineage as Odu'a ancestors? There are so many information that was lost due to the acidic nature of the the present location of Yoruba land, which is rainforest region. The tradition of OONI point him to Hebrews. Either true or lie, ancestral worship is a key to ascertain one's connection to wherever one came from. One person asked, who the father of Odu'a was, and there was no answer. Do you even know that kings existed before Odu'a in the ILE IFE history before his arrival ? These kings are not known by many people in Yoruba land. But Ifa corpus have record of some kings that existed in Yoruba world , like Olugbon, Aresa . Despite the complexity of Yoruba history,simply because of intermarriage with different groups. All Yoruba have direct link to the clan in ILE IFE ,even if some people deny part of it. Yoruba are related. So the earlier the better for researchers to look at all theoretical possibilities to the places Yoruba migrated from.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Awori Youths Blast Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu. / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri / What's The Ibo-yoruba-bini Connection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.