Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains (4322 Views)

White Man Holds Umbrella For Oluwo Of Iwoland, Rasheed Akanbi In London / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / What Is The True Meaning Of The Word "Benin/bini"??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by lionel4power(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE BY NATASHA H. AKPOTI AND TRY NOT TO BE DEPRESSED.

WHAT DOES NIGERIA MEAN TO YOU? by Natasha H. Akpoti

Nigeria is simply a geographical expression of the imperialists’ greed and spite.

Recently, I was on a flight from Dallas to London when I struck an interesting conversation with an American professor of African history. We talked about the human race and countries.

America, he said was named after an Italian explorer called Amerigo Vespucci. Amerigo was known to denote his discovered land a “ New World”. So long after her independence, the New World appropriated quite well with the dream of all Americans.

“What about Nigeria”? He asked me.

“Flora Shaw Lugard coined Nigeria and her inspiration was the river Niger” I replied.

“Wrong”. The historian responded. “Republic of Niger was named after River Niger not Nigeria”. That’s what white historians want you to believe. I don’t understand the gullibility of blacks. You have so much information but chose not to research but dwell and believe all the white man says” he added.

Nigeria simply means “The Nigger Area” or “Land of the Black slaves”. Nigger was a common derogatory slang used for slaves” He bluntly said.

His words hit my heart sharply and I was grateful the cabin lights were dim so he couldn’t see the expression on my face. It was a night flight; we had 9 more hours to our destination so I had all the time to listen. Sipping slowly on my orange juice I beckoned on him to continue.

The West African Region identified as Nigeria today was known to have supplied more slaves than any other country. The quality of human “cargo” was supreme and priced much more than slaves from other West African countries.

The men were strongly built and were expert cotton farmers. Only wealthy plantation owners could afford slaves from “Nigeria”. Little wonder, slaves from your country were nicknamed “black gold” and the British slave ship named “White Lion” brought them into Virginia.

“I am still not convinced” I shot at the grey bearded historian.

“Very well, lets start this way” he continued…

What gave River Niger its name?

I looked blankly at him…

It’s the European Slave traders and done for easy mappings. That river was the longest cutting across many black lands. River Niger simply means the River of Niggers or Negroes as you wish to say.

Listen dear Natasha, you must have an open mind to first agree that most of what you were taught in Nigerian history is distorted and made to confuse the people.

I said nothing… and he kept on talking.

The imperialists were very brutal with no humane sentiments to Africa. Their business was simply to exploit and trade for their advantage. The Berlin Conference of 1885 legalized Africa as distant colonies to the imperialists.

Most African countries were named by what suited the “masters”.

Ghana was named Gold Coast because the abundance of gold Britain exploited.

Zimbabwe was named Rhodesia by Mr. Cecil Rhodes who treated the country like his company.

Oh, lastly he added… the oil colony of the Niger Delta part of Nigeria was called the Slave Coast.

Natasha, I hope you know that Sir. Goldie sold the Southern Nigeria protectorate (land and people) to the British Government for £865,000 (eight hundred and sixty five thousand pounds) in the year 1899.

“Finally, finally” he added… “there was a debate on whether to name your country Negroland or Nigritia as you were the most populated black nation. However, those on Nigritia won and the word was added in the Century Dictionary in 1904 to mean a large territory of niggers/ negros”.

Thanks for your “lecture” I said.

Listen, I am sorry if I upset you but your country is greatly admired world wide for its great resources especially its people. What happened to them is distortion of facts to enable indirect rule function at the detrimental discord of its people.

All Nigerian people need do is reach out to their core and harness a common vision which can bring forth the missing patriotism. You guys will be a world power in no time with your fire and potentials. But first…

- reach your core
- find your truth
- build your nation

Hints: Ask for the Southern and Northern amalgamation contracts. These should be made public for all Nigerians to know. Get to know what terms Nigeria was married upon.

I know the Royal Niger Company was given some dubious rights to half of all mining revenue for 99 years from 1900.

These documents should be with the British government, United African Company and Leventis companies as there were parented from the Royal Nigeria Company. That’s if they are missing at your government’s administration.

That’s right… UAC and Leventis are owned by ex slave traders and still grow their empires in Britain.

“Thanks once again dear sir. I need to get to my seat for some sleep”. I appreciated.

Just as I got to my seat, we hit turbulence and the seatbelt sign came on.

The plane shook violently, my mind went to late Pius Adesanmi and I made a silent prayer for him.

I took a look at the live travel map that showed we were flying above the “Natashquan River” in Canada.

What? A river bearing a similarity with my name sounding like “ Natasha Can”.

Maybe this is some sort of a sign that I should not let this experience go but research more and share with you.

So I arrived Nigeria and began to research deeply; bearing in mind the professor warned that not all books are published online as some information are preserved for the “discerning” minds.

I searched up the Century Dictionary, the Slave ship named “White Lion”, Flora Shaw and the naming of Nigeria (what a story), the naming of the Republic of Niger; the Slave Coast of Niger Delta, Sir Goldie, Royal Niger Company, History of UAC & Leventis… the amalgamation contract.

Wait a second… I searched for the 1914 Nigeria Amalgamation contract and found no answer. We know the English men to be high on documentations and record keeping so where are the amalgamation papers?

Who signed on behalf of Nigeria?

- Awolowo was born in 1909 and was 5 years at 1914
- Azikiwe was born in 1904 and was 10 at 1914
- Balewa was born in 1912 and was 2 years old at 1914
- Ahmadu Bello was born in 1910 and was 4 at 1914

Moving on.

It’s clear that the formation and naming of our beloved country is shrewd in dubious inconsiderable dealings. Little wonder we have become strangers filled with ethnic bitterness hanging unto the foreign man’s religion, government and education.

We are lost… but we can find our bearing if we begin not only to have discussions about our existence but take proactive remedial steps.

Some would shove this off as “mere history”. However, remember the proverb “a river that forgets its source runs dry”.

2019 elections may have come and gone. A lot of cases hope for redemption at the tribunal. But I say this, its not over yet. We all can put voices demanding for disclosures of amalgamation and naming contents. However, legislative and executive power matters in quickening the processes.

The Kogi governorship election comes up later in the year. Going through history, you shall see the possibilities of a New World being born from Kogi state.

Its possible to get a governor who would begin discussions towards a willing coalition of regions.

Until then, Nigeria is just a name given to a lucrative land for colonial exploits … a land of strong black negros… a land which bears the poverty capital of the world… a land afraid to be great. A land which feels it doesn’t deserve to be industrialized, educated, healthy and wealthy.

What’s in a name they say?

EVERYTHING!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Prince4945(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Dami12345: 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
I knew this from the akashi records.

I call on Kungsango to defend his stupid claim that the name Nigeria is from some dumb god.

I knew it ment land of slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Dami12345: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2019

I call on Kingsango to defend his stupid claim that the name Nigeria is from some dumb god.

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by bqlekan(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
Wow! A good read. Mind boggling
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by uncjay(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
When I tell some people that Nigeria is a scam they don't believe.....
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
lionel4power:
PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE BY NATASHA H. AKPOTI AND TRY NOT TO BE DEPRESSED.

WHAT DOES NIGERIA MEAN TO YOU? by Natasha H. Akpoti

Nigeria is simply a geographical expression of the imperialists’ greed and spite.

Recently, I was on a flight from Dallas to London when I struck an interesting conversation with an American professor of African history. We talked about the human race and countries.

America, he said was named after an Italian explorer called Amerigo Vespucci. Amerigo was known to denote his discovered land a “ New World”. So long after her independence, the New World appropriated quite well with the dream of all Americans.

“What about Nigeria”? He asked me.

“Flora Shaw Lugard coined Nigeria and her inspiration was the river Niger” I replied.

“Wrong”. The historian responded. “Republic of Niger was named after River Niger not Nigeria”. That’s what white historians want you to believe. I don’t understand the gullibility of blacks. You have so much information but chose not to research but dwell and believe all the white man says” he added.

Your White professor friend has some audacity to express the above sentiment. What does he mean by gullibility. Did he get into the mind of Flora to understand the root of her use of the word "Niger" at that point in time.

lionel4power:

Nigeria simply means “The Nigger Area” or “Land of the Black slaves”. Nigger was a common derogatory slang used for slaves” He bluntly said.
His words hit my heart sharply and I was grateful the cabin lights were dim so he couldn’t see the expression on my face. It was a night flight; we had 9 more hours to our destination so I had all the time to listen. Sipping slowly on my orange juice I beckoned on him to continue

in the statement above you can clearly see that the so called professors scholarly interpretations of the origins of the country Nigeria is influenced by his ow restrictive history of Slavery in America.

Etymologically the word "Niger" is Latin derived and connotes blackness. The Spanish and Portuguese derivative is "negra" or "negro". These two nations were heavily involved in Slave trading and introduced this word into the American Lexicon. The word "negra" was corrupted very likely by Southern peoples who often drag their words out to become :N.i.i..I..g...g..g..e..e..r" thus the common use of the derogatory term for slaves in the Americas.

This word however was not common in the European and English Lexicon for Africans and was strictly an American term.

Flora and Lord Lugard were British and upper class ones as well who would most likely not use those sorts of terms in common speech, therefore it is speculation at best to say that Flora's idea comes from this thought process and rather Flora would more or less have used the word "Niger" in the same fashion as the founders of the "Royal Niger company"_ A British company established as a commercial entity in what is known as Nigeria today before the very naming of the country.

lionel4power:

The West African Region identified as Nigeria today was known to have supplied more slaves than any other country. The quality of human “cargo” was supreme and priced much more than slaves from other West African countries.

The men were strongly built and were expert cotton farmers. Only wealthy plantation owners could afford slaves from “Nigeria”. Little wonder, slaves from your country were nicknamed “black gold” and the British slave ship named “White Lion” brought them into Virginia.

False premise.West Africa in "total "supplied slaves to the new world and not just Nigeria as it is known today. The people that inhabit Sierra leone were much more desirable slaves than say the Igbos or Yorubas because they had a better mastery of farming that was desirable in Georgia and Virginia.

The Congo and Central African countries supplied more slaves on average to the new world than did West Africa.

lionel4power:

“Very well, lets start this way” he continued…

What gave River Niger its name?

I looked blankly at him…

It’s the European Slave traders and done for easy mappings. That river was the longest cutting across many black lands. River Niger simply means the River of Niggers or Negroes as you wish to say.

This is true but again the origins of the word are rooted in "Blackness" and not "slavery". The words Kemet, Ethiopia, Sudan also connotate land of the blacks, does that mean their original meanings were derogatory. This your professor is an undercover racist.

lionel4power:

The imperialists were very brutal with no humane sentiments to Africa. Their business was simply to exploit and trade for their advantage. The Berlin Conference of 1885 legalized Africa as distant colonies to the imperialists.

Most African countries were named by what suited the “masters”.

Ghana was named Gold Coast because the abundance of gold Britain exploited.

Zimbabwe was named Rhodesia by Mr. Cecil Rhodes who treated the country like his company.

Oh, lastly he added… the oil colony of the Niger Delta part of Nigeria was called the Slave Coast.

Natasha, I hope you know that Sir. Goldie sold the Southern Nigeria protectorate (land and people) to the British Government for £865,000 (eight hundred and sixty five thousand pounds) in the year 1899.

“Finally, finally” he added… “there was a debate on whether to name your country Negroland or Nigritia as you were the most populated black nation. However, those on Nigritia won and the word was added in the Century Dictionary in 1904 to mean a large territory of niggers/ negros”.

Thanks for your “lecture” I said.

Listen, I am sorry if I upset you but your country is greatly admired world wide for its great resources especially its people. What happened to them is distortion of facts to enable indirect rule function at the detrimental discord of its people.

All Nigerian people need do is reach out to their core and harness a common vision which can bring forth the missing patriotism. You guys will be a world power in no time with your fire and potentials. But first…

- reach your core
- find your truth
- build your nation

Hints: Ask for the Southern and Northern amalgamation contracts. These should be made public for all Nigerians to know. Get to know what terms Nigeria was married upon.

I know the Royal Niger Company was given some dubious rights to half of all mining revenue for 99 years from 1900.

These documents should be with the British government, United African Company and Leventis companies as there were parented from the Royal Nigeria Company. That’s if they are missing at your government’s administration.

That’s right… UAC and Leventis are owned by ex slave traders and still grow their empires in Britain.

“Thanks once again dear sir. I need to get to my seat for some sleep”. I appreciated.

This is the only part of his conversation with you that is factual within context.

6 Likes

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dami12345:

I call on Kungsango to defend his stupid claim that the name Nigeria is from some dumb god.

Negro does not mean slave. It is a Latin derived word that means "black skinned" or "black."

The Latin word for slave is "Servus" or "servilus" which is borrowed into English as "servant" or bonded or slave.

Prior to Latin in common Language other words were used to denote black people from Africa, Hamitics, Sudanics, Ethiopians. All these words denote blackness in their etymological origins.

That professor is s.T.u.pid.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by labani06(m): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
that professor is a big liar and a racist indeed
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Dami12345: 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2019
morpheus24:

Negro does not mean slave. It is a Latin derived word that means "black skinned" or "black."

The Latin word for slave is "Servus" or "servilus" which is borrowed into English as "servant" or bonded or slave.

Prior to Latin in common Language other words were used to denote black people from Africa, Hamitics, Sudanics, Ethiopians. All these words denote blackness in their etymological origins.

Right. This is the problem with idi.o.ts they believe they know another mans language and motives better than him.
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by sleepking(m): 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
morpheus24:

why is it that very stupid people like to call people stupid. Freedom is a choice, make better choices or maybe u have chosen stupidity. We all know the right professor is right deep down unless if u are not truly an African
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dami12345:

Right. This is the problem with idi.o.ts they believe they know another mans language and motives better than him.

A professor of history should understand basic etymology_ origins of a word as etymology conveys the original motive behind the word even if the meaning changes over time.

Case in point the etymology of the word "nice" means in its simplest latin form as "ignorant or unaware or foolish", something negative.

The new meaning of the word now has positive connotations as when we say "He did something nice for me." The original meaning of the word still holds its resonance in the new use of the word even though the meaning has changed.

In other words if you do something "nice" for me, I am "ignorant" of the reason why you did this for me which is why I believe what you did to me was nice.

The original meaning of the word "negro" is "black" and not slave. It was used to describe African peoples as seen from the eyes of the Portuguese and the Spanish. Its use in the context of slave as in "nigger" is an American lexicon invention and not one from Europe.

Nigeria simply means "land of blacks" and not "Land of slaves as it was coined by a European lady.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
sleepking:
why is it that very stupid people like to call people stupid. Freedom is a choice, make better choices or maybe u have chosen stupidity. We all know the right professor is right deep down unless if u are not truly an African

Again Nigeria as it was coined when you break down the etymology means "Land of blacks"...."Niger....area". The Latin word for slave is not "niger"

Sudan in Arabic means "land of the blacks" as Sud is black in Arabic. The word for slave in Arabic comes from the 3 letter root "ABD" as in 'abeed" or 'abdu-Allah".

Athiops in Greek means Black or burned face. Ethiopia means land of the blacks in greek. The word for slave in greek is 'doulos"

All these people who invaded Africa and took slaves have different words for black and for slave, for some reason you believe the Spanish were different abi?

The Royal Niger company was named before the advent of the actual country Nigeria. The people who coined it that must be stupid as to name their company the "Royal Slave company". Hmmmm

The professor can deceive you guys if he likes. He cannot deceive me. If you wish to be know as " Land of the slaves' because you feel someone other than you named you that you are Free to think that.

Be happy that an African is able to decipher word patterns effectively instead of swallowing everything you hear because it came from a "white' professor of history from America.

7 Likes

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by sleepking(m): 12:23am On Apr 27, 2019
morpheus24:

Again Nigeria as it was coined when you break down the etymology means "Land of blacks"...."Niger....area". The Latin word for slave is not "niger"

Sudan in Arabic means "land of the blacks" as Sud is black in Arabic. The word for slave in Arabic comes from the 3 letter root "ABD" as in 'abeed" or 'abdu-Allah".

Athiops in Greek means Black or burned face. Ethiopia means land of the blacks in greek. The word for slave in greek is 'doulos"

All these people who invaded Africa and took slaves have different words for black and for slave, for some reason you believe the Spanish were different abi?

The Royal Niger company was named before the advent of the actual country Nigeria. The people who coined it that must be stupid as to name their company the "Royal Slave company". Hmmmm

The professor can deceive you guys if he likes. He cannot deceive me. If you wish to be know as " Land of the slaves' because you feel someone other than you named you that you are Free to think that.

Be happy that an African is able to decipher word patterns effectively instead of swallowing everything you hear because it came from a "white' professor of history from America.
u did well...clap for yourself
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 2:06am On Apr 27, 2019
sleepking:
u did well...clap for yourself

Don't just throw blank gestures. Rebut anything I have said as inaccurate first. If you can't then Shut up!

Who do you think you talking to here bruh, some 6 year old wet behind the ears.

Ps. When I see rubbish being fed to my peoples I call it out loud and clear!

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Olu317(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2019
KingSango:

You're allowing a Caucasian teach you grin grin grin

America was taken from Ameru the Nubian explorers who built Inca and Mexico civilizations

Nigeria well that just meant Niger Area which the NG in African language means king ruler Nigeria is the land of kings and very few African nations can claim as many kingdoms and empires

N is Noon is Arabic and Hebrew both mean waters thus the Niger river

G is Gimel in Hebrew for camel and soul which a camel is God sent in the desert grin and the soul of West Africa is the Niger river and Kingdoms formed around it for thousands of years

I don't think Arabic has a G

All Alphabet comes from the first mundane language of alphabet drawn from the thousands of hieroglyphs

Let me show you

‘M' is mem in Hebrew's pictographs and not ‘n' : which symbolises forth and back movement of water,chaotic, blood
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 10:39pm On May 01, 2019
KingSango:

Nigeria well that just meant Niger Area which the NG in African language means king ruler Nigeria is the land of kings and very few African nations can claim as many kingdoms and empires

N is Noon is Arabic and Hebrew both mean waters thus the Niger river

G is Gimel in Hebrew for camel and soul which a camel is God sent in the desert grin and the soul of West Africa is the Niger river and Kingdoms formed around it for thousands of years

I don't think Arabic has a G

All Alphabet comes from the first mundane language of alphabet drawn from the thousands of hieroglyphs

Let me show you

Bros na wa o, is it the Africans that named the river or is it the Spanish/Portuguese.

There are several other African names for the river, one such in Yoruba is "Oya"

Where did you conjure this origin story from. Na wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Foolishwisdom: 1:01pm On May 02, 2019
morpheus24:

Bros na wa o, is it the Africans that named the river or is it the Spanish/Portuguese.

There are several other African names for the river, one such in Yoruba is "Oya"

Where did you conjure this origin story from. Na wa o!

It doesn t matter how the Name came to be for we are discussing what it means

I know the name is Oya river in the tradition

You're acting as if no one else knows that except you then you are taking the high road suggesting that I am in support of colonialization

angry
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Foolishwisdom: 1:07pm On May 02, 2019
Olu317:

‘M' is mem in Hebrew's pictographs and not ‘n' : which symbolises forth and back movement of water,chaotic, blood

So your e going to teach me about the waters of Nun which is the chaos waters described by hieroglyphs that gave symbols to the first language

Look it up waters of Nun not Mem and I know Mem also stands for water and mother
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Foolishwisdom: 1:12pm On May 02, 2019
grin
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Olu317(m): 3:44pm On May 02, 2019
Foolishwisdom:

So your e going to teach me about the waters of Nun which is the chaos waters described by hieroglyphs that gave symbols to the first language

Look it up waters of Nun not Mem and I know Mem also stands for water and mother

I have no intention to proof anything to you or anyone else on egocentrism but to inform on accurate Hebrew words discovered since 1905 because this platform cut across the globe. So, I don't know where ‘nun' stand for water in ancient Hebrew except it is not Hebrew pictograph's you inferred . In actual fact, if you are kingsango then you blundered beyond redemption because the hebrew picture of nun is ‘SEED' which has been transcribed as Continue,Heir, Son.

There is no need for self defence because you blundered on ‘nun', and If you seek whaetever first language as your own ‘nun', then it is not ancient Hebrew, which was what was posted by kingsango. So therefore, I hope you won't let pride get hold of you since there are 1000+ people who know more than you and I in this world we live in . Hitherto, don't posit as if you are correct.. Interestingly, you are Afrocentric and am not because my-our own ancestors(ancient Yorubas),known as ‘gods' —orisha, know no colour but have respect for well behave people they encountered.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Separateways: 4:24pm On May 02, 2019
Olu317:

I have no intention to proof anything to you or anyone else on egocentrism but to inform on accurate Hebrew words discovered since 1905 because this platform cut across the globe. So, I don't know where ‘nun' stand for water in ancient Hebrew except it is not Hebrew pictograph's you inferred . In actual fact, if you are kingsango then you blundered beyond redemption because the hebrew picture of nun is ‘SEED' which has been transcribed as Continue,Heir, Son.

There is no need for self defence because you blundered on ‘nun', and If you seek whaetever first language as your own ‘nun', then it is not ancient Hebrew, which was what was posted by kingsango. So therefore, I hope you won't let pride get hold of you since there are 1000+ people who know more than you and I in this world we live in . Hitherto, don't posit as if you are correct.. Interestingly, you are Afrocentric and am not because my-our own ancestors(ancient Yorubas),known as ‘gods' —orisha, know no colour but have respect for well behave people they encountered.

Cheers.

Nun, also spelled Nu, oldest of the ancient Egyptian gods and father of Re, the sun god. Nun's name means “primeval waters,” and he represented the waters of chaos out of which Re-Atum began creation. ... Nun was also thought to continue to exist as the source of the annual flooding of the Nile River

I may have blundered the posting so what it's a small issue

Yet what I am getting is an echo of foul sentiment for the truth I have posted here under KingSango

Alot of arrogance coming from some of you such as yourself

My views upon human origins are based upon science and my feelings are neutral

I am more concerned with bloodline than race

Such as PanYoruba vs PanAfrican

Yet because of pride y'all allowed jealous Africans who lie in bed with the Caucasian to come between what may have been a good thing

Not all Africans are good people and that's evident now

Even Sango fought against very wicked Yorubas that were sacrificing babies and the mothers of those twins

We hold not the same urgency for solving problems whose roots go back centuries in Africans worldwide

You have rejected me and now we go our separate ways

Sango only speaks once and never again

Elijah Muhammad prophesied the Asians would rise first and when I witness the enormous pride and conciet coming from the African world I now know why

Yet the Hermetic prophecy explains the demons controlling that pride and ignorance in them

Hermes' Prophecy

There will come a time when it will have been in vain that Egyptians have honored the Godhead with heartfelt piety and service; and all our holy worship will be fruitless and ineffectual. The Gods will return from earth to heaven; Egypt will be forsaken, and the land which was once the home of religion will be left desolate, bereft of the presence of its deities.

They will no longer love this world around us, this incomparable work of God, this glorious structure which he has built, this sum of good made up of many diverse forms, this instrument whereby the will of God operates in that which he has made, ungrudgingly favoring man's welfare.

Darkness will be preferred to light, and death will be thought more profitable than life; no one will raise his eyes to heaven; the pious will be deemed insane, the impious wise; the madman will be thought a brave man, and the wicked will be esteemed as good.

As for the soul, and the belief that it is immortal by nature, or may hope to attain to immortality, as I have taught you; all this they will mock, and even persuade themselves that it is false. No word of reverence or piety, no utterance worthy of heaven, will be heard or believed.

And so the Gods will depart from mankind - a grievous thing and only evil angels will remain, who will mingle with men, and drive the poor wretches into all manner of reckless crime, into wars, and robberies, and frauds, and all things hostile to the nature of the soul.

Then will the earth tremble, and the sea bear no ships; heaven will not support the stars in their orbits, all voices of the Gods will be forced into silence; the fruits of the Earth will rot; the soil will turn barren, and the very air will sicken with sullen stagnation; all things will be disordered and awry, all good will disappear.

But when all this has befallen, then God the Creator of all things will look on that which has come to pass, and will stop the disorder by the counterforce of his will, which is the good. He will call back to the right path those who have gone astray; he will cleanse the world of evil, washing it away with floods, burning it out with the fiercest fire, and expelling it with war and pestilence.

1 Share

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 02, 2019
morpheus24:

A professor of history should understand basic etymology_ origins of a word as etymology conveys the original motive behind the word even if the meaning changes over time.

Case in point the etymology of the word "nice" means in its simplest latin form as "ignorant or unaware or foolish", something negative.

The new meaning of the word now has positive connotations as when we say "He did something nice for me." The original meaning of the word still holds its resonance in the new use of the word even though the meaning has changed.

In other words if you do something "nice" for me, I am "ignorant" of the reason why you did this for me which is why I believe what you did to me was nice.

The original meaning of the word "negro" is "black" and not slave. It was used to describe African peoples as seen from the eyes of the Portuguese and the Spanish. Its use in the context of slave as in "nigger" is an American lexicon invention and not one from Europe.

Nigeria simply means "land of blacks" and not "Land of slaves as it was coined by a European lady.

well said smiley

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Olu317(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2019
Separateways:

Nun, also spelled Nu, oldest of the ancient Egyptian gods and father of Re, the sun god. Nun's name means “primeval waters,” and he represented the waters of chaos out of which Re-Atum began creation. ... Nun was also thought to continue to exist as the source of the annual flooding of the Nile River

Yet what I am getting is an echo of foul sentiment for the truth I have posted here under KingSango

Yet because of pride y'all allowed jealous Africans who lie in bed with the Caucasian to come between what may have been a good thing

Even Sango fought against very wicked Yorubas that were sacrificing babies and the mothers of those twins

We hold not the same urgency for solving problems whose roots go back centuries in Africans worldwide

Elijah Muhammad prophesied the Asians would rise first and when I witness the enormous pride and conciet coming from the African world I now know why

Yet the Hermetic prophecy explains the demons controlling that pride and ignorance in them

Hermes' Prophecy

There will come a time when it will have been in vain that Egyptians have honored the Godhead with heartfelt piety and service; and all our holy worship will be fruitless and ineffectual. The Gods will return from earth to heaven; Egypt will be forsaken, and the land which was once the home of religion will be left desolate, bereft of the presence of its deities.

They will no longer love this world around us, this incomparable work of God, this glorious structure which he has built, this sum of good made up of many diverse forms, this instrument whereby the will of God operates in that which he has made, ungrudgingly favoring man's welfare.

Darkness will be preferred to light, and death will be thought more profitable than life; no one will raise his eyes to heaven; the pious will be deemed insane, the impious wise; the madman will be thought a brave man, and the wicked will be esteemed as good.

As for the soul, and the belief that it is immortal by nature, or may hope to attain to immortality, as I have taught you; all this they will mock, and even persuade themselves that it is false. No word of reverence or piety, no utterance worthy of heaven, will be heard or believed.

And so the Gods will depart from mankind - a grievous thing and only evil angels will remain, who will mingle with men, and drive the poor wretches into all manner of reckless crime, into wars, and robberies, and frauds, and all things hostile to the nature of the soul.

Then will the earth tremble, and the sea bear no ships; heaven will not support the stars in their orbits, all voices of the Gods will be forced into silence; the fruits of the Earth will rot; the soil will turn barren, and the very air will sicken with sullen stagnation; all things will be disordered and awry, all good will disappear.

But when all this has befallen, then God the Creator of all things will look on that which has come to pass, and will stop the disorder by the counterforce of his will, which is the good. He will call back to the right path those who have gone astray; he will cleanse the world of evil, washing it away with floods, burning it out with the fiercest fire, and expelling it with war and pestilence.

Kindly revisit what you posted at first in Hebrew's alphabets on your position on so that you can understand.because you whimp up sentiments as if Egypt was Yoruba?
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Olu317(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2019
Separateways:

Hermes' Prophecy

Kindly revisit what you posted at first in Hebrew's alphabets on your position on so that you can understand.because you whimp up sentiments as if Egypt was Yoruba? like I have mentioned earlier, you blundered on the alphabets of ancient Hebrew because there are differences in some letters of Hebrews that didn't fit into Kemet-Egypt alphabets.

Contrary to your view, sango was not as you portrayed him because he fought for security of his people and abhorred lies,which made him very confrontational with those close to him,even with his own flaws. Please don't confuse yourself over sango's personality. You aren't close to him nor related to his ancestral bloodline.

Unfortunately, you got it wrong because I seek no glory of my own but posit my ancestors as who they wre and mot egocentric people who did their things as creator had ordained them. Yorubas don't represent Africa but the WORLD.... YORUBA LANGUAGE IS THE RITUAL LANGUAGE GOD SPOKE TO ABRAHAM!

Cheers
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Separateways: 11:22pm On May 02, 2019
Olu317:

Kindly revisit what you posted at first in Hebrew's alphabets on your position on so that you can understand.because you whimp up sentiments as if Egypt was Yoruba? like I have mentioned earlier, you blundered on the alphabets of ancient Hebrew because there are differences in some letters of Hebrews that didn't fit into Kemet-Egypt alphabets.

Contrary to your view, sango was not as you portrayed him because he fought for security of his people and abhorred lies,which made him very confrontational with those close to him,even with his own flaws. Please don't confuse yourself over sango's personality. You aren't close to him nor related to his ancestral bloodline.

Unfortunately, you got it wrong because I seek no glory of my own but posit my ancestors as who they wre and mot egocentric people who did their things as creator had ordained them. Yorubas don't represent Africa but the WORLD.... YORUBA LANGUAGE IS THE RITUAL LANGUAGE GOD SPOKE TO ABRAHAM!

Cheers

I'm aware some Yorubas didn t like Sango even when he was in Oyo

I will let you have your business

You can represent yourself however you feel a Yoruba should be

You make this out as if I care though that's what's the issue

It's principles I'm asserting

Principles of law and justice that the Aeon of Sango represents the energy of the times The rise of the Messiah Mahdi because the Anti Christ is here

Sango is not a personality like you have made by Yoruba culture

Sango is a cosmic force Sango is Heru Sango is Quetzacotal energy the multiplication of all things evil and good

I upset your Yoruba pride because I worship a higher Sango than your thunder diety

I'm not insulting only make it clear where the line is as this is our misunderstanding about each other

Sango has two numbers 4 and 6

When Sango is a thunder God an Orisha He is 4 an emperor Alaafin of Oyo and high priest of Kuso

When Sango is the Sun God He is an Irunmole an God fire A cosmic force whose number is 6

So now we know we are not the same yet still cousins

Did we share true Islam and love for the Almightys laws

I'm beginning to doubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkdtwkJrtM

You make your own road

Peace and love
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Separateways: 11:49pm On May 02, 2019
I support this message 100 percent

Deterrence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpddCx2Ek14

Malcolm X saw there were good Caucasians yet he recognized it's some very wicked African People in this world

I never implied Africans were afraid of Caucasians only criminal Africans that's what frighttens y'all and perpetuates corruption
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 12:51am On May 04, 2019
Separateways:

I support this message 100 percent

Deterrence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpddCx2Ek14

Malcolm X saw there were good Caucasians yet he recognized it's some very wicked African People in this world

I never implied Africans were afraid of Caucasians only criminal Africans that's what frighttens y'all and perpetuates corruption

Your are all over the place with your logic, remind me not to respond to you anymore. You pretend to know what you are talking about but go off on tangents that are hard to follow.
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 12:53am On May 04, 2019
Foolishwisdom:

It doesn t matter how the Name came to be for we are discussing what it means

I know the name is Oya river in the tradition

You're acting as if no one else knows that except you then you are taking the high road suggesting that I am in support of colonialization

angry

How the name came to be alludes to its meaning and I did not accuse anyone of anything related to colonialization. You need to stay on point when arguing. Too much information is not always a good thing. SMH
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by Separateways: 12:47am On May 05, 2019
morpheus24:

How the name came to be alludes to its meaning and I did not accuse anyone of anything related to colonialization. You need to stay on point when arguing. Too much information is not always a good thing. SMH

You can examine the men that created the name Nigeria

Or you can examine the symbols the make up the alphabet

There are some very advanced Gematria you are not even aware of

It's cool you don't desires to be introduce yet are you to make that determination for everyone else grin grin grin
Re: Could This Be The True Meaning Of 'NIGERIA'? A White Man Explains by morpheus24: 3:38pm On May 05, 2019
Separateways:

You can examine the men that created the name Nigeria

Or you can examine the symbols the make up the alphabet

There are some very advanced Gematria you are not even aware of

It's cool you don't desires to be introduce yet are you to make that determination for everyone else grin grin grin

?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maintenance Is Not African / The Odovan (Praisename) Tradition Of The Urhobos Of Delta State / Why U Must Visit OGBA ZOO @benin City (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.