Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/12/17 Someone Is Imitating You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/12/17 Someone Is Imitating You (331 Views)

CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) / Muslims Insult Each Other For Imitating Christians In Sallah Celebration / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/9/17 Increased Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/12/17 Someone Is Imitating You by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 08, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Friday, December 8, 2017

*Topic:* SOMEONE IS IMITATING YOU
*Read:* 1 Corinthians 4:14-17

*MEMORISE:* _Therefore I urge you to imitate me_ *(1 Corinthians 4:16)*

*EXPOSITION*
It is a common saying that Christians are the epistles that the people around them read. Some people will never pick up a bible nor go to a church meeting, but they will look at the believer who lives in their neighbourhood. They will scrutinize the lifestyle of that man or woman who chooses to be different. They want to be like you even when they are criticising you. They only do that to determine what your limit is.

Someone is imitating you! It could be a neighbour, friend, co-worker, your child, your parent or even just an acquaintance who you really know nothing about. Can you be confident enough of your life to encourage imitation? Apostle Paul was confident to advise the believers to imitate him. _For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example_ *(2 Thessalonians 3:7)*. He assured his readers that they should be following him because He keeps following Christ *(I Corinthians 1:11)*.

Whether you know it or not, even if you choose not to believe it, someone somewhere is imitating you. Will your life lead your follower aright or turn him astray? Can someone put his footsteps in yours and thereby attain eternal life? If anyone chooses to pattern his lifestyle after yours, will he become a child of hell or of heaven? Don't be a hypocritical Christian. Let your life be traceable to the scriptures. Follow Christ closely for others are following you.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Forgive me O Lord for leading people astray through my careless living before now.
*2.* Help me Lord to leave footprints that will lead others to an eternity with you wherever I go.
*3.* Let Christians be awaken to a consciousness that they are examples to the world, and live as such.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Jeremiah 50 - 51

1 Like

Re: CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/12/17 Someone Is Imitating You by chrysla15: 6:25am On Dec 08, 2017
Re: CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 8/12/17 Someone Is Imitating You by emmie14: 6:45am On Dec 08, 2017
I ask for grace to amend the live am currently living so I will leave a positive footprint for those imitating me that will lead them to eternity. So help me Lord.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Wisdom (8): Value / Mfm Ministries Commit Millions To Sports And Music / Yes, Salvation Is Solely By The Grace Of Jesus Christ But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.