Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Do You Have An Immortal Soul? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have An Immortal Soul? (2351 Views)

Short Life With Immortal Soul / Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? / Is The Soul Immortal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
Are we just flesh and blood? Or are we more than the sum total of the elements of which we are made? Are we here today and gone tomorrow? Or does some invisible part of us go on living after death?

THOUGH world religions have developed a bewildering array of beliefs about the Hereafter, most of them agree on one basic idea: Something inside a person is immortal and goes on living after death. Many people believe that this “something” is a soul. What do you believe? Are we part flesh and part soul? What is a soul? Do humans have an immortal soul? How vital that we know the truth about what we are!

“The Man Came to Be a Living Soul”

Is “soul” a part of man that separates from the body at death and goes on living? According to the Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary, “often the soul is equated with the total person.” For instance, Genesis 2:7 states: “Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” The first man, Adam, was a soul.

The understanding that the word “soul” can mean the whole person is supported by other scriptures. For example, the Bible speaks of a soul’s doing work. (Leviticus 23:30) The soul is spoken of as being impatient, irritated, sleepless, fearful, and depressed. (Judges 16:16; Job 19:2; Psalm 119:28; Acts 2:43; 1 Thessalonians 5:14) Referring to a soul as a person, Romans 13:1 states: “Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities.” And at 1 Peter 3:20, we read: “In Noah’s days, . . . a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.” Nothing in these scriptures indicates that the soul is some immaterial entity that lives on after death.

What about animals and plants? Are they souls? Consider how the Bible describes the creation of animals. “Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls,” God commanded. On the next creative day, God said: “Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.” (Genesis 1:20, 24) Therefore, all living creatures—human or animal—are souls. Scripturally, plants are not referred to as souls.

The word “soul” is used in yet another sense. At Job 33:22, we read: “His soul draws near to the pit, and his life to those inflicting death.” Here, the terms “soul” and “life” are used in parallel, one amplifying the meaning of the other. “Soul,” then, can also refer to the life that one enjoys as a living soul, or person. Hence, the Scriptures refer to Moses’ enemies who were seeking to take his life as “all the men who were hunting for [his] soul.” (Exodus 4:19) And concerning Jesus Christ, the Bible says: “The Son of man came . . . to give his soul [life] a ransom in exchange for many.”—Matthew 20:28.

The Bible’s definition of “soul” is simple and consistent. The word can refer to a human or an animal or to the life that a creature enjoys as a living soul. As we will see, this understanding harmonizes with what the Bible says happens to the soul at death.

‘The Soul That Is Sinning Will Die’

The Bible states: “The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) The distressed prophet Elijah “began to ask that his soul might die.” (1 Kings 19:4) Likewise, Jonah “kept asking that his soul might die.” (Jonah 4:cool Yes, the soul dies when the person dies; it is not immortal. Since a person is a soul, to say that someone died is to say that his soul died.

But what about Bible texts that speak of the going out and the coming back of the soul? Concerning what happened to Rachel when she gave birth to a son, the Bible says: “As her soul was going out (because she died) she called his name Ben-oni; but his father called him Benjamin.” (Genesis 35:18) And referring to the resurrection of a widow’s son, 1 Kings 17:22 states: “Jehovah listened to Elijah’s voice [in prayer], so that the soul of the child came back within him and he came to life.” Do these passages indicate that the soul is some invisible, shadowy part that can escape from or enter a body?

Well, remember that one meaning of the word “soul” is “life.” Hence, Rachel’s soul was going out in that her life was going out. In fact, some Bibles render the phrase “her soul was going out” as “her life was ebbing away” (Knox) and “she breathed her last” (Jerusalem Bible). Similarly, in the case of the widow’s son, it was life that returned to the boy.—1 Kings 17:23.

What Man Is

Clearly, the Bible shows what man is. He does not have a soul; he is a soul. Because of what man is—his nature—any hope for future life for the dead depends on a resurrection, a raising up. The Bible promises: “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear [Jesus’] voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.” (John 5:28, 29) That sure promise of a resurrection—not the teaching of the immortality of the soul—is the basis for real hope for the dead.

How vital it is to gain accurate knowledge of what the resurrection is and what it means for mankind! Also essential is knowledge of God and Christ, for in prayer Jesus said: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) Jehovah’s Witnesses in your community will be happy to assist you in studying the Bible so that you can increase your knowledge of God, his Son, and His promises. You have our invitation to contact the Witnesses or to write to the publishers of this journal.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
where in d bible was it written dat Adam has a immortal soul?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
No wonder your a Jehovah witness you guys don't dare read the king James Bible the only verse correct is the one about job, Exodus 4:19 "And the lord said unto moses in midian Go return into Egypt for all the men are dead which sought thy life" Genesis 1:24 "And God said let the earth bring forth living creature after his kind,cattle and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after it's kind: and it was so" Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto higher powers. You guys and your fake Bibles we have a soul which is different from your body Isaiah 10:18 "And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as standard-beareth fainteth" psalm 16:10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy one to see corruption"
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jehovah's witnesses read many Bible translations including the KJV. It is not good to malign others, bro. Making blasphemous comments about others to make them vicious before the eyes of others is not a good thing to do for any Christian. The Bible does not encourage that. But, since you said that we do not read the KJV, let us see if you read it at all. Genesis 2:7 in the KJV is in perfect agreement with Jehovah's Witnesses belief of the soul. Below are two different KJV editions to your delight.

Genesis 2:7
King James Bible
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

King James 2000 Bible
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Now, will you tender a public apology to the Jehovah's witnesses for blasphemy?
danvon:
No wonder your a Jehovah witness you guys don't dare read the king James Bible the only verse correct is the one about job, Exodus 4:19 "And the lord said unto moses in midian Go return into Egypt for all the men are dead which sought thy life" Genesis 1:24 "And God said let the earth bring forth living creature after his kind,cattle and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after it's kind: and it was so" Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto higher powers. You guys and your fake Bibles we have a soul which is different from your body Isaiah 10:18 "And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as standard-beareth fainteth" psalm 16:10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy one to see corruption"
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Jehovah's witnesses read many Bible translations including the KJV. It is not good to malign others, bro. Making blasphemous comments about others to make them vicious before the eyes of others is not a good thing to do for any Christian. The Bible does not encourage that. But, since you said that we do not read the KJV, let us see if you read it at all. Genesis 2:7 in the KJV is in perfect agreement with Jehovah's Witnesses belief of the soul. Below are two different KJV editions to your delight.

Genesis 2:7
King James Bible

King James 2000 Bible

Now, will you tender a public apology to the Jehovah's witnesses for blasphemy?
Does that mean that soul is the same as the body the words living/ soul/ simply differentiates it , should have just used alive, anyway I don't owe you guys any apology I made no insult, you guys don't believe Jesus is the Savior,the existence of hell,the blessed Trinity you actually believe in second chances (reincarnation) sometimes I wonder why you guys carry Bibles you clearly don't believe anything there, till I realized you never carry the king James Bible
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Scholar8200(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Luke 12:4,5

in two clear verses, two JW doctrines (hell=grave {if hell=grave, why is being cast therein a Judgement executed? were all the worthies of the OT so judged then? } and immortality of the soul are found wanting!)

And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Revelations 6:9,10
Explain the highlighted in the light of your claims.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
danvon:
Does that mean that soul is the same as the body the words living/ soul/ simply differentiates it , should have just used alive,
Yes! It is the same. We also have living and dead body
King James Version
He that toucheth the dead body of any man shall be unclean seven days.
King James Bible
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
danvon:
anyway I don't owe you guys any apology I made no insult,
You blasphemed. Jesus was killed for blasphemy that is how serious it is. One can be killed for it. So, when you say something wrong about someone you apologise for it. That is a quality of a true a Christian.
danvon:
you guys don't believe Jesus is the Savior,
1 John 4:14 In addition, we ourselves have seen and are bearing witness that the Father has sent his Son as Savior of the world.
danvon:
the existence of hell,
A blasphemy! Who told you that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell? We believe in hell.
danvon:
the blessed Trinity
Can you show me one single scripture with the words BLESSED TRINITY?
danvon:
you actually believe in second chances (reincarnation)
A blasphemy! We do not believe in reincarnation. Why do you enjoy lying against us?
danvon:
sometimes I wonder why you guys carry Bibles you clearly don't believe anything there,
Vituperation! I just showed you 2 verses in your cherished King James Bible that you have been carrying for so long, yet you do not know that it has the word "soul" in it. It took a Jehovah's witness to show you what is inside the Bible that you are carrying. Does it make you WONDER? We believe the Bible 100% and it is the stronghold of our beliefs. For example, if you believe all that the Bible says, Is the word TRINITY found in the Bible? If so, show me. If not, do you clearly believe your Bible?
danvon:
till I realized you never carry the King James Bible
The misconception is that you may be believing that Jesus wrote the King James version. The King James version was only written in 1611 which is about 406 years ago and it has been revised many times to correct heretic text added to it. The last book of the Bible was written in 96 CE. For your information, the scriptures were written in Hebrew and in Greek languages not Shakespearean English. The King James version was not the first Bible translated into English.
Do not go believing that King James is an angel, King James was only a King of Great Britain. He authorised the works of the translation and publishing of that Bible translation you know as King James version without giving credit to William Tyndale, whose work he plagiarized. He also removed some certain texts and words from Tyndale's version like the name of God, Jehovah.
Note: The version of King James Bible that you have is obsolete to the King James printing press. They have revised their Bible many times and I doubt if you keep up to date with your most cherished King James Bible.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
No blessed Trinity isn't found but what other name do you give three persons one God "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead" (Romans 1:20). The word Godhead implies Trinity, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one” (I John 5:7). Colossians 2:9For in [Christ] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all" (II Corinthians 13:14), you believe in hell then your not a Jehovah witness your topic itself denies the existence of hell, you believe in second chances which is the same as reincarnation here's a Jehovah witness tract about hell https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/who-goes-to-hell/#?insight or check out this https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/#?insight
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
Scholar8200:
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Ezekiel 18:4 Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
Jehovah alone has the final decision to bring one back to life or forget about him. For example, Lazarus and Jairus daughter were raised up. They came back with refreshed bodies, especially Lazarus who was in his third phase of decomposition. They were resurrected to become living souls again. A living soul is a person who is living or a living creature as most Bible translations would use it. Consider 1 Peter 3:20 "... eight souls, were carried safely through the water." That was talking about Noah and his family after surviving the flood. They were referred to as souls just as Adam was referred to as a living soul at creation.
Scholar8200:
in two clear verses, two JW doctrines (hell=grave {if hell=grave, why is being cast therein a Judgement executed? were all the worthies of the OT so judged then? } and immortality of the soul are found wanting!)
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Revelations 6:9,10
Explain the highlighted in the light of your claims.
The Bible tells us that the dead are in the memory of God Revelation 3:5; Isaiah 26:14. The book of Revelation is a vision of what is to happen. It does not mean that people are literally crying because the Bible says that the dead are conscious of nothing at all. God has all righteous ones in his memory and he will avenge their deaths at a set date. The sense of depicting the soul as a spirit that leaves the body wearing a designer's outfit and able to inflict pain on humans is a hoax. Psalm 146:4 His spirit goes out, he(the sinning SOUL that died) returns to the ground;
On that very day his thoughts perish.
There is no separate mention of God creating the soul distinctively. He created man, blew in the breadth of life and he became a living soul. The adjective 'living' used before the word 'soul' gives a good explanation. Ezekiel 18:20 The soul dies and at death, Man knows nothing at all Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Ecclesiastes 3:5 for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jehovah witness are just brainwashed complete waste of time talking to them
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Scholar8200(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:

Ezekiel 18:4 Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
Jehovah alone has the final decision to bring one back to life or forget about him. For example, Lazarus and Jairus daughter were raised up. They came back with refreshed bodies, especially Lazarus who was in his third phase of decomposition. They were resurrected to become living souls again. A living soul is a person who is living or a living creature as most Bible translations would use it. Consider 1 Peter 3:20 "... eight souls, were carried safely through the water." That was talking about Noah and his family after surviving the flood. They were referred to as souls just as Adam was referred to as a living soul at creation.
You did nothing about the passage you re-quoted:
Why did Jesus describe being cast into hell as a higher level of judgement and why did He differentiate between death (by killing) and death(by being cast into hell).
Explain this in the light of your claim.

The Bible tells us that the dead are in the memory of God Revelation 3:5; Isaiah 26:14.
In No place in the Scripture is Book of Life = God's Memory. Let's not digress though.

The book of Revelation is a vision of what is to happen. It does not mean that people are literally crying because the Bible says that the dead are conscious of nothing at all.
Problem is when ,in trying to defend your doctrine, you accuse God of being deceptive! Why will He use such if He meant something else? Again let's not digress.

God has all righteous ones in his memory and he will avenge their deaths at a set date. The sense of depicting the soul as a spirit that leaves the body wearing a designer's outfit and able to inflict pain on humans is a hoax. Psalm 146:4 His spirit goes out, he(the sinning SOUL that died) returns to the ground;
On that very day his thoughts perish.
His thoughts is not his soul! By the way regarding the highlighted, where did anyone make that claim? Methinks it will be right to say that to whoever said so.

There is no separate mention of God creating the soul distinctively. He created man, blew in the breadth of life and he became a living soul. The adjective 'living' used before the word 'soul' gives a good explanation. Ezekiel 18:20 The soul dies and at death, Man knows nothing at all Ecclesiastes 9:5.

Ecclesiastes 3:5 for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust
Ecclesiastes you quoted here speaks in the sense of , "dust thou art" since animals too are dust. And spirit used here refers to breath. But then kindly explain this:
What makes God's own more grievous that Jesus said to fear Him if all that can be done by God is killing the body?
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
danvon:
No blessed Trinity isn't found but what other name do you give three persons one God
Hellenistic/ pagan doctrine
danvon:
"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead" (Romans 1:20).
The word does not rhyme with the Greek translation. It says Godship and not Godhead. Some translators use divine nature. You may try researching using other Bible translations. King James version themselves are ashamed of their spurious translation.
danvon:
The word Godhead implies Trinity, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one” (I John 5:7).
You are reading and publicly quoting a spurious version of the Bible. Only if you would take some time to do a little research to see the heretic allusion made by the translators of the King James Bible that you are reading. http://www.dnkjb.net/1189chapters/NT621JN05.htm follow the link to see how King James translators themselves clearly spelt the heresy out 400 years after that mendacious allusion.
You are trying too hard to synchronise Godhead with trinity. History already has the records so whatever you do, the receipt will be presented to you at the counter.
danvon:
Colossians 2:9For in [Christ] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all" (II Corinthians 13:14)
How many Gods were mentioned in that verse?
danvon:
, you believe in hell then your not a Jehovah witness your topic itself denies the existence of hell, you believe in second chances which is the same as reincarnation here's a Jehovah witness tract about hell https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/who-goes-to-hell/#?insight or check out this https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/#?insight
I suggest that you ask someone else to read and explain the link to you because you probably might not be able to understand it fully with a swaying mindset.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
That is too harsh to come from someone who claims to represent God, isn't it? I have clearly presented my points to you. You are simply dumbfounded and out of air. Do not sound aggressive yet. Let us stick to the Bible.
danvon:
Jehovah witness are just brainwashed complete waste of time talking to them
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
What point that your completely off point? You guys are brainwashed that's the truth plain and simple dialogue requires honesty, you combine all your pointless point together making it hard to quote you
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Scholar8200:

You did nothing about the passage you re-quoted:
Why did Jesus describe being cast into hell as a higher level of judgement and why did He differentiate between death (by killing) and death(by being cast into hell).
Explain this in the light of your claim.

In No place in the Scripture is Book of Life = God's Memory. Let's not digress though.

Problem is when ,in trying to defend your doctrine, you accuse God of being deceptive! Why will He use such if He meant something else? Again let's not digress.

His thoughts is not his soul! By the way regarding the highlighted, where did anyone make that claim? Methinks it will be right to say that to whoever said so.

Ecclesiastes you quoted here speaks in the sense of , "dust thou art" since animals too are dust. And spirit used here refers to breath. But then kindly explain this:
What makes God's own more grievous that Jesus said to fear Him if all that can be done by God is killing the body?
Let me ask you one question, we have read the story of creation and Jesus has come and gone. We have the Bible as our authority and we seek answers in it.
Can you kindly explain to me using your Bible, when soul was created and who created it?
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
You, the sane brain here according to you, can't you defend your own faith using the Bible? Psychologically when one cannot prove his point he hinges on attacking the other as a tactic. That is what you are doing. We are both believers in the Bible, explain yourself.
danvon:
What point that your completely off point? You guys are brainwashed that's the truth plain and simple dialogue requires honesty
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Let me ask you one question, we have read the story of creation and Jesus has come and gone. We have the Bible as our authority and we seek answers in it.
Can you kiindly explain to me using your Bible, when soul was created and who created it?
Genesis 2:7 God formed man, and breathe into nostrils the breathe of life and man became a living soul, God formed man if soul doesn't exist why wasn't he immediately alive
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Scholar8200(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Can you kindly explain to me using your Bible, when soul was created and who created it?
Kindly answer mine first:
Scholar8200:

Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Scholar8200(m): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
danvon:
Genesis 2:7 God formed man, and breathe into nostrils the breathe of life and man became a living soul, God formed man if soul doesn't exist why wasn't he immediately alive
T
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
Scholar8200:
Thank you, why didnt God have to do same for the animals?
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Scholar8200(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
danvon:
He made man in his own image, Body soul spirit I don't believe this you actually compared human with animals
You are getting me wrong.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
Scholar8200:
You are getting me wrong.
Sorry thought u were that Jehovah witness up there
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
The adjective there is the answer. He became a LIVING soul. You just quoted Genesis 2:7 and you did not see the breath of LIFE? The breath of LIFE made him a LIVING soul. The Bible says that the soul that sins will die Ezekiel 18:20.
Does the soul commit a sin separately from the body for it to warrant the sentence of the Body that dies? When Adam sinned, a part of his punishments was death, so was it his soul that sinned? If the soul is separate from the body, what sin does it commit that would cause it to partake in the punishment of the body?
Does the soul have a brain to think or hear? Where does the soul go after death? Show me in the Bible. The Bible clearly spoke about the spirit (which is the breath of life) returning to God but what about the soul?
Kindly tell me, when was the soul created and by who?
danvon:
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Your hands must be sweating badly for you to be the missing target. Just relax, it is not a battle. We are all here to study the Bible. No one is here to win a medal.
danvon:
Sorry thought u were that Jehovah witness up there
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
The adjective there is the answer. He became a LIVING soul. You just quoted Genesis 2:7 and you did not see the breath of LIFE? The breath of LIFE made him a LIVING soul. The Bible says that the soul that sins will die Ezekiel 18:20.
Does the soul commit a sin separately from the body for it to warrant the sentence of the Body that dies? When Adam sinned, a part of his punishments was death, so was it his soul that sinned? If the soul is separate from the body, what sin does it commit that would cause it to partake in the punishment of the body?
Does the soul have a brain to think or hear? Where does the soul go after death? Show me in the Bible. The Bible clearly spoke about the spirit (which is the breath of life) returning to God but what about the soul?
The "die" refers to "hell"
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
I will repost my previous comment because my questions were not answered.

danvon:
The "die" refers to "hell"
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Your hands must be sweating badly for you to be the missing target. Just relax, it is not a battle. We are all here to study the Bible. No one is here to win a medal.
oh it's a battle my friend you insulting the word of God it's like a gunshot
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
If I did, forgive me. But answer my question, please.
danvon:
oh it's a battle my friend you insulting the word of God it's like a gunshot
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I will repost my previous comment because my questions were not answered.

Not accepting Jesus as your lord and Savior is the sin, the sin of unbelief the Bible says we are all born sinners Romans (5:8, 6:23) revelation21:8 Ephesians 2:8,9your body sins separately from the soul
God created the soul
Acts2:27 "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer my soul to see corruption"
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
I will suspend my response because I really need you to answer this question. When was the soul created and by who? Show me from the Bible
danvon:
Not accepting Jesus as your lord and Savior is the sin, the sin of unbelief the Bible says we are all born sinners Romans (5:8, 6:23) revelation21:8 Ephesians 2:8,9your body sins separately from the soul
God created the soul
Acts2:27 "Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer my soul to see corruption"
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Emusan(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
The Bible clearly spoke about the spirit (which is the breath of life) returning to God but what about the soul?

So, you agree that if person died something must return to God in heaven...

This is the only part that interests me because I know other points reflect how confused you people can be.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I will suspend my response because I really need you to answer this question. When was the soul created and by who? Show me from the Bible
Genesis 1:26 "And God said let us make man in our own image and likeness..." God image implies the body the soul and the spirit there that's your proof take it or leave it, to be honest I don't know what I'm arguing about again I just proved that souls go to hell didn't i? Isn't that proof of its immortality

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Way / Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin. / Is My Family Going To Be Fleeced By TB Joshua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.