Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

The Bpo Thing! (business Process Outsourcing) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Bpo Thing! (business Process Outsourcing) (1131 Views)

MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo / Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Business Process Management Professionals In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bpo Thing! (business Process Outsourcing) by sojjy03: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
I am so glad to inform you that there are lots of opportunity in BPO industry but not yet tapped in Nigeria.

Some countries in Africa have recently started buying into the BPO market, doing everything possible to become competitive destinations. This is as a result of identified huge potential in the African economy, considering the market size, which relies largely on Western Countries’ finished products, which are virtually not being produced on the continent. Geographically, the bulk of African BPO activity is presently concentrated in two regions of the continent namely the Southern and Northern Region.
Although, there are pockets of BPI activities in the West African sub-region, especially in Ghana and Senegal South Africa is currently leading the Africa BPO, performing call centre services, and all forms of back office operations. In the Northern region, Egypt is taking the lead in BPO, while Morocco and Tunisia are striving to evolve a reliable BPO sub-sector

What out for more. or check. www.bpoacademynigeria.com
Re: The Bpo Thing! (business Process Outsourcing) by AjanleKoko: 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
BPO in Nigeria? Still a long way off. We need to prove we have the infrastructure and expertise required.

Infrastructure we do not have, and we don't know when we can.
Cost of labour is not cheap in Nigeria, which is absurd for a 3rd world country.
Skilled Manpower . . . manpower we have in abundance, but not skilled.

I leave the rest for you to judge.
Re: The Bpo Thing! (business Process Outsourcing) by sojjy03: 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2010
Thanks for your reply but i will like you to know that there is no country that is into BPO today that never had this same fear from the on set. My research so far had proved this. It is just the same all over. With time they overcame. So my brother there is nothing to fear. Please take time to study BPO from the following countries. India, China, Phillipines, Egypt, even Ghana.

I will like to hear more from. Thanks
Re: The Bpo Thing! (business Process Outsourcing) by yazminbarajas(f): 5:53am On Sep 14, 2017
There are many opportunities in BPO industry. Outsourcing is one of the industry that is very competitive and that can help boost an economy. Outsourcing can offer or open job opportunities for people. There are many investors invests in BPO because they know the outcome of it, they know that BPO is a good business and they also know that it can help other businesses. Some countries are now starting to invest in BPO market.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Solar Panel Not Used In Nigeria / is it 4 real / Greetings And Addressing Some People In Your Work Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.