Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,552 members, 7,827,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: (1986 Views)

How To Setup A Home Cyber Café / How To Setup A Cyber Cafe / Network Engineer To Setup A Cyber-cafe Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by alwaysng(m): 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2010
hi all, i want to setup wireless that can cover the whole the buidingl (two story). here is what is on ground, ready internet, hotspot biller but my problem now is what type of wireless access point do i need to buy that can cover the whole building and even broadcast outside the building.
then i don't know how to calculate all these meter and kilo meter of a thing thats why am using two story building as description.
please help me and tell me the price range.

thanks.
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by deji2009(m): 12:58am On Mar 31, 2010
alwaysng:

hi all, i want to setup wireless that can cover the whole the buidingl (two story). here is what is on ground, ready internet, hotspot biller but my problem now is what type of wireless access point do i need to buy that can cover the whole building and even broadcast outside the building.
then i don't know how to calculate all these meter and kilo meter of a thing thats why am using two story building as description.
please help me and tell me the price range.

thanks.

Dear alwaysng,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. Are you based in nigeria or europe ?
Technology differs in each country. if you live in nigeria then consult your internet
service provider. Nairaland computer section is definitely to wrong place to ask. Good luck
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by Areaboy2(m): 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
on the contrary Deji,

@ poster, we all love linksys and Dlink, they have up to 25-30m clear indoor signal and weak signals after that, and 100m outdoor signal strength.

I havent checked the price recently but it'll be around the 8-12k naira range,

so get ur linksys today cheesy
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by alwaysng(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2010
How many dlink do you think can cover that two story buiding successfully, 6 flats.?
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by seun0622(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
There is this Linksys wireless router i saw last week in computer village it has about 250 M radial daimeter coverage.
That should be suitable for what you want to do.

Regards.
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by MPEROR: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
deji2009 we sure can learn by trial and error which is better than not trying at all seun0622 is on the right track
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by seun0622(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ poster

You can call the guy that sells the wireless router (Emma) in computer village on 08032464474 and discuss with him.
He showed me the wireless router today with one basic specification you would like (Wall breaking capability for wireless network).
He is my major supplier of computer assesories. He recently supplied most of the systems and assesories i used in establishing a cafe recently.

Regards.
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2010
hey
Get an access point or a range expander along with the modem and router. You can go into one of the Computer Hardware stores/shops to get advice on which of the devices are compatible with each other.

The routers that claim to go up to 100 or 200M still have issues; the further away one is from the router, the weaker the signal, thats why i suggest getting an access point or a range expander along with the router.
Re: Help: How To Setup Wireless That Can Cover The Whole Of Two Story Building: by mikesleek(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
there is a Dlink 3200 wireless access point and all u need to do for effective and over the edge coverage is to have one on each floor. now ur design will be in such a way that all levels wud be taken care of

for example see below

X_____________________________________________|
|_____________________________________________X
X_____________________________________________|

where X stands for the AP from ground floor to 2nd floor. this arrangement allows for absoute coverage of ur facility. there is a feature that it has that will make computers see all the access points as just 1 so as u move with ur laptop, the best available signal will be given to ur laptop. hope this helps

(1) (Reply)

Latop Sales Abuja Only / Very Clean UK Used HP 8470P Core I5 4gb @55k - SOLD / Please I Need Softwares For Epad With Android OS 2.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.