Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments (881 Views)

Robbers Raped My 65-Year-Old Mother In Kaduna - Twitter User Cries Out (Photos) / Robbers Raped My Younger Sisters. / My Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me And Took Away My Looks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by Europeman: 1:44am On Dec 10, 2017
A Nigerian man named Kelvin from Edo state who is in his mid-thirties has narrated how his wife was raped and taken away by Libyans on their way to Tripoli. The returnee who was among the recent Edo state indigenes who were airlifted back to Nigeria over the weekend with the help of the International Organization for Migration(IOM) in collaboration with the Edo state government.

Kelvin, while narrating his ordeal to our reporter refused to tell us his complete names nor allow his photo to be in print. However, he was moved to tears when he was recounting his travails in Libya most especially the demise of his loved wife of 3 years. According to him, he has been in Libya for the past 6 years and he has been living in Misurata, a northwestern city of about 187 km east of Tripoli. He said him and his wife had already made up their mind to return to Nigeria when it dawned on them that their life was at stake following the renewed tension in the country as a result of the infamous migrants slave trade saga.

The incident happened while on their way to Tripoli to join other Nigerians who were already camped in a government facility while waiting for the flight that will take them to Nigeria. According to him, the driver whom he arranged with to take him and his wife to Tripoli was the one who arranged with three other Libyans to attack them. He said they left Misurata for Tripoli in a Nissan premier car and about 10 kilometers into the journey, the driver told them that he wants to pick up something from his brother that was how he veered from the main road and took them to an old building where three guys came out from the building and bundled him and his wife inside. Kelvin said he was beaten mercilessly and tied to a pole while the wife was brutally assaulted before his naked eyes. The Libyan men threatened to kill him when they are done with his wife. At night, he said they took his wife away and he was left alone in the dark. He said one of the men later came back and untied him and ask him to run away because his colleagues are coming to kill him.

The Nigerian returnee said that he didn’t even bother to ask about the whereabouts of his wife from the guy because he had the instincts that she has been murdered. He said he passed the night inside the bush in a very cold temperature and at the break of the day he was able to find his way to Tripoli through an elderly man who drives a truck.

There has been a widespread report about the slave trade in the North African country where migrants were been sold to local farmers and many others brutally killed. The Libya’s U.N.-backed government has said that it is probing the allegation. President Buhari stated that “The situation in Libya, of people being sold into slavery, is appalling and unacceptable. We will do everything to protect our citizens wherever they are”

Over 70 percent of the returnees are from Edo state and the state government’s hand is also on deck to reintegrate them back into the system. Skills and acquisition centers have been established in Benin city for those for those who wish to learn a trade and those who want to go back to school the government is also willing to assist the person. They are entitled to a monthly stipend from the state government Which is reported to be N20,000.

https://diasporareporters.com/wife-raped-taken-away-libyans-man-laments/

Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by diasporaman(m): 1:57am On Dec 10, 2017
Very sad. Benin people everywhere
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by adeniyisamuel59(m): 2:17am On Dec 10, 2017
Why this kind of news are always from Edo State, something must be wrong with that state , meanwhile, whenever a man decides to outrun his shadow, this is the kind of mess he would always find himself. Let learn to content with what we have.
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by Desyner: 2:56am On Dec 10, 2017
What a sad tale. Let's hold our looters responsible so they can give us our own backyard Europe una no go gree. Sarrki will soon defend a failing leader soon.
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 10, 2017
Take heart
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by diasporaman(m): 6:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Igbos are bringing shame to Nigeria via their developmental and infrastructural programmes in Asia, the Benins are fulfilling their ancestral destiny in Libya, Italy, Spain etc.
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by diasporaman(m): 6:28am On Dec 10, 2017
Front page please
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 11, 2017
should I feel sorri 4 him or wat undecided? edo again it seems all d Libyans returnees are frm edo,only God will hep dis people, I will neva take dis people serious until dey change frm dere ways.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by 9jaDoc(f): 5:55am On Dec 11, 2017
diasporaman:
Igbos are bringing shame to Nigeria via their developmental and infrastructural programmes in Asia, the Benins are fulfilling their ancestral destiny in Libya, Italy, Spain etc.

Igbos rightly say they obviously contributed much in developing some 9ja major cities especially Lagos. I don't think they ever claimed developing Malaysia
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by ruggedmallaam(m): 6:21am On Dec 11, 2017
But wetin una dey find go libya
Re: Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments by diasporaman(m): 7:00am On Dec 11, 2017
Libya is cursed. Nothing good can ever come from the people who blatantly stoned Apostle Stephen to death.
They are suffering the sins of their forefathers

(1) (Reply)

‘I Was Sold For N300,000 After Paying N600,000 To Get To Libya’ / Photos: Student Of Ojodu Grammar School Stabbed In The Eye By Fellow Student / Shameful: Police Compromises & Area Commander Justifies Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.