Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,716 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent (760 Views)

The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray / Do Atheists Ever Pray Whenever Adversity Strikes / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Babatunde360: 3:34am On Dec 10, 2017
Why is it that Christians say that "God does not want the death of a sinner" but pray that their enemy should die and not for God to change their ways
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by jeffizy(m): 3:41am On Dec 10, 2017
Nay, not Christians but modern / Pentecostal Christians.

So much fixation on the invisible enemy that must die before year end.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Babatunde360: 4:22am On Dec 10, 2017
deleted
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 10, 2017
Pple gat no real love in their heart, vengeance is for God, it's God that will decide who is cup of evil is filled up. No matter the amount of prayer anyone prays for his enemies to die.

But Op remember, these are invisible enemies, principalities and powers...no one has actually seen or know their physical enemies "doing dem"... so technically I don't think anybody is killing anybody with prayers

My opinion though..
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by eezeribe(m): 6:20am On Dec 10, 2017
If they repent,it doesn't undo the damages they may have caused..
But if they die,you will have at least a psychological relief,in form of happiness....
LET ALL OUR ENEMIES DIE BY FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
continue typing die until your data finishes or continue shouting die until your voice cracks...
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by ibkkk(f): 6:22am On Dec 10, 2017
My enemies should not die.They should live to see me SLAY. I only pray for my enemies to either repent or be rendered useless.
Modified **
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by eezeribe(m): 6:26am On Dec 10, 2017
ibkkk:
I wish you a successful space booking... lol
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by uboma(m): 6:32am On Dec 10, 2017
this is because Christianity today has completely deviated from the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I hear my neighbours regularly praying for their enemies to die. If all the enemies are die, I am sure that no one will remain on earth today. To those making such prayers, are they not enemies to others also?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by vivie01(f): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2017
1StopRudeness:
Pple gat no real love in their heart, vengeance is for God, it's God that will decide who is cup of evil is filled up. No matter the amount of prayer anyone prays for his enemies to die.

But Op remember, these are invisible enemies, principalities and powers...no one has actually seen or know their physical enemies "doing dem"... so technically I don't think anybody is killing anybody with prayers

My opinion though..

Think you are right!

However, what used to baffle me is the fact that the bible says we should pray for our enemies but here we are firing prayers that they should die. undecided I then used to wonder why we dont so much hear of the death of those wicked and evil people around us.

Arent we acting contrary to the word of God by doing this?

Anyway, the truth is, God is the ultimate judge.
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 10, 2017
Jesus gave Authority to the Church to a large degree. Just as Peter pronounced Death upon Ananias and his wife and Paul turned over a Christian to be sick in the flesh so do Churches have the Authority to pronounce death or life. The Church can decide who lives or dies. However Judgment prayers must be used as last resorts and cautiously. That you kill an enemy doesn't mean God wouldn't question you. Lastly, churches praying such prayers isn't mainstream, it is not as wide spread as you think.
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by izzou(m): 7:08am On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:
Jesus gave Authority to the Church to a large degree. Just as Peter pronounced Death upon Ananias and his wife and Paul turned over a Christian to be sick in the flesh so do Churches have the Authority to pronounce death or life. The Church can decide who lives or dies. However Judgment prayers must be used as last resorts and cautiously. That you kill an enemy doesn't mean God wouldn't question you. Lastly, churches praying such prayers isn't mainstream, it is not as wide spread as you think.

Where in the Acts of Apostles did Peter pronounce death upon Ananias?

undecided
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Daeylar(f): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:

undecided

I think he did, don't know where though, let me check
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by hopefulLandlord: 7:13am On Dec 10, 2017
Just in case
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by izzou(m): 7:14am On Dec 10, 2017
Daeylar:

I think he did, don't know where though, let me check

Acts chapter 5

Peter only asked him why he lied to the Holy spirit and Ananias fell down and died

Peter didn't pronounce death on him.

I stand to be corrected grin

How is you, nwa m?
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:

undecided
Read the book of Acts 5:9-10
Izzou the holy spirit is very consistent. He doesn't kill people for lying else 99% of Christians would be dead today. Even before Ananias lied the Holy Spirit knew, after she defrauded the church the holy spirit knew but did not kill her. The death only came when peter witnessed against the couple
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by izzou(m): 7:24am On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:

Why not start from verse 3?

You quickly jumped to that of Sapphira.

I still ask. Where did Peter pronounce death upon Ananias?
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Daeylar(f): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:

Acts chapter 5

Peter only asked him why he lied to the Holy spirit and Ananias fell down and died

Peter didn't pronounce death on him.

I stand to be corrected grin

How is you, nwa m?

kiss kiss

Doing better

How are you?

Let me check in that chapter.
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by izzou(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:

Izzou the holy spirit is very consistent. He doesn't kill people for lying else 99% of Christians would be dead today. Even before Ananias lied the Holy Spirit knew, after she defrauded the church the holy spirit knew but did not kill her. The death only came when peter witnessed against the couple

This does not in any way show that Peter pronounced death upon Ananias

Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:06am On Dec 10, 2017
Babatunde360:
Why is it that Christians say that "God does not want the death of a sinner" but pray that their enemy should die and not for God to change their ways

Bro, it is on like Christ. Luke9:54-56- And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down and consume them, even as Elias did?

55-But he turned and rebuke them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56- For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 10, 2017
U must be a Muslim or attention seeker
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:

This does not in any way show that Peter pronounced death upon Ananias

Lol aren't you funny. So how did Ananias and his wife die? Who killed them.
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Kobojunkie: 12:35pm On May 14, 2023
Babatunde360:
Religion is what Christianity is and as such is of the doctrines and traditions of men --- theories and ideas born of the minds of men and removed from God and that which concerns God. undecided
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On May 15, 2023
jeffizy:
Nay, not Christians but modern / Pentecostal Christians. So much fixation on the invisible enemy that must die before year end.
Na so dem dey invent spirits every day. The latest I heard of is a spirit of error. Spirits are to blame for everything when scripture instead has God blaming man for all of his own sins. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On May 26, 2023
Babatunde360:
Cus my mum attends MFM and i used to also every time someone must die plus what i find annoying the most is wanting the child of someone wanting to harm your child to die for something he/she knows nothing about
Religion don scrape people brain dry! undecided
Re: Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent by Kobojunkie: 1:51am On May 28, 2023
eezeribe:
If they repent,it doesn't undo the damages they may have caused..
But if they die,you will have at least a psychological relief,in form of happiness....
LET ALL OUR ENEMIES DIE BY FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
continue typing die until your data finishes or continue shouting die until your voice cracks...
However, ever noticed that majority of the times, the ones who end up dying or living miserable are those who pray these die-die-die prayers? That level of bitterness never comes without a steep price for those who harbor it. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Irony Of Religion? / Nigerian Guy Calls Out God On Facebook / Are Christians Really Not Forced To Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.