Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Is It Wrong For One To Tithe More Than He Earn ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For One To Tithe More Than He Earn ? (312 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For One To Tithe More Than He Earn ? by Omuneizzy6(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2017
I understand that tithing is good and it should be one tenth of my income.. (ie) if i earn 50,000 my one tenth should be 5,000. I love getting more from God. So when i was working with a company i earned some amount then, due to the huge amount i payed more i earned. Is it wrong for someone to tithe more than he earn? Please this question is for real people having the mindset for tithing let it not cause any controversy.
Re: Is It Wrong For One To Tithe More Than He Earn ? by vivie01(f): 6:44am On Dec 10, 2017
I dont think its wrong. Its a personal thing between you and your God based on your believe and conviction.

You said you have done it before, if you have enjoyed the benefit of doing it, I'll say, why not doing it again?

Though 10% was commanded, if it is in your power to pay more, then do it; but let it be known to you that if you have a mindset of given more in order to be blessed more, there's no reward to that or if you are squeezing yourself by paying more believing you'll receive more blessings for that act, OYO is your case.

God loves free will giving of either tithe or offering, not giving grudgingly or of necessity, hoping to receive a payback.
Re: Is It Wrong For One To Tithe More Than He Earn ? by Thepasserby(m): 6:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Know the difference between tithing and seed sowing. Only 10% was commanded. It is not wrong to give more than that but the extra amount is a seed.

One more thing, we don't tithe because we want to be blessed, we tithe because we are blessed. We only sow seeds to receive a blessing. This is one thing so many people will never understand and they will keep quoting scriptures here and there.
Re: Is It Wrong For One To Tithe More Than He Earn ? by izzou(m): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2017
^^^

Sow seed ko, plant yam ni undecided

Its not wrong to pay more than your tithe. Its required we pay a tenth of our income. But if you give God more than that, its good

After all, its between you and your God
Re: Is It Wrong For One To Tithe More Than He Earn ? by cosby02(m): 7:18am On Dec 10, 2017
If you like, donate your destiny as burnt offering....who cares

(1) (Reply)

The Test Of A Living Faith Is The fruit It Produces / Question For Christians / "God Derails Trains And Kills people!!!"---pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.