Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Secret Sins & Consequences - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Secret Sins & Consequences (12379 Views)

Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / Secret Sins & Consequences / Are You Struggling With Secret Sins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2017
Seriously, i am suffering in silence and it is the height of it. Even if i claimed to be a christian, i have alot of secret sins that i have kept from my family long ago. And it is getting to the point that i might do something unusual like committing a suicide right in my room. And if i do, i will still go to hell. This feeling is killing me slowly. I can't even sleep at night. I know I am no saint. I just wish i never come into existence.
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by MhizzAJ(f): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2017
Martin0:

Oh reallygringrin
Remember when I was toasting u,I said it to ur ear's I don't go to churchgringrin
And u agreedgringrin

I don't need to go to church anymore when I ve a religious wife like you...gringrin abi nor be sogringrin

Oluwa oo grin
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Oxster(m): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2017
bright007:
I agree with everything you wrote except the part where you have to confess your sins to your fellow man.

That principle has been abolished since Jesus Christ died for us and became our saviour.

Jesus is now our only mediator, hence if you feel the need to genuinely repent of your sins, confess to Jesus only and you are forgiven.

Confessing to man is a false principle

How are you to confess to HIM (JESUS)?
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Oxster(m): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:
Seriously, i am suffering in silence and it is the height of it. Even if i claimed to be a christian, i have alot of secret sins that i have kept from my family long ago. And it is getting to the point that i might do something unusual like committing a suicide right in my room. And if i do, i will still go to hell. This feeling is killing me slowly. I can't even sleep at night. I know I am no saint. I just wish i never come into existence.

Huh!!,,,and you keep on doing it?ask for de strength & grace of God to overcome them,Remember your sin might not b Tha much to commit suicide just that you don't feel comfortable on it Y others might
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Oxster(m): 10:30am On Dec 10, 2017
bright007:
I agree with everything you wrote except the part where you have to confess your sins to your fellow man.

That principle has been abolished since Jesus Christ died for us and became our saviour.

Jesus is now our only mediator, hence if you feel the need to genuinely repent of your sins, confess to Jesus only and you are forgiven.

Confessing to man is a false principle

Also confessing to a man makes you get relieved of the burden

1 Like

Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Martin0(m): 10:37am On Dec 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Oluwa oo grin

gringringrin
*whisper's to her ear's* What the secret to ur beautygringrin
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 10:39am On Dec 10, 2017
Oxster:

yes i know. Im trying.... I really need someone to share my story with and i need real love too. I pray i will scale through by God's willing.
Huh!!,,,and you keep on doing it?ask for de strength & grace of God to overcome them,Remember your sin might not b Tha much to commit suicide just that you don't feel comfortable on it Y others might
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by MhizzAJ(f): 10:43am On Dec 10, 2017
Martin0:

gringringrin

*whisper's to her ear's*
What the secret to ur beautygringrin

Today na Sunday oo grin grin
We suppose day do praise and worship now
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Oxster(m): 10:45am On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:

Try to get a Bestie,,,After having a bestie that I confide on I hv never b emotionally drained or heavy burden with Sins ,,Once I tell her,,she calms me down&advice me,,she NV condemned me cos of them,,,she's truly a definition of A Lady

The more you don't tell your sin the more heavy it is #

Don't give up,,You ain't the worse!
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2017
Hmmm... I hope i find one soon. Thank you dear. You are an angel.
Oxster:

Try to get a Bestie,,,After having a bestie that I confide on I hv never b emotionally drained or heavy burden with Sins ,,Once I tell her,,she calms me down&advice me,,she NV condemned me cos of them,,,she's truly a definition of A Lady

The more you don't tell your sin the more heavy it is #

Don't give up,,You ain't the worse!
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Martin0(m): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Today na Sunday oo grin grin We suppose day do praise and worship now
Eh eh,sunday na jolly jolly oo remembergrin
Well oya make we sing praisegrin
Oshe oshe oo,oshe ooo oshe babagringrin
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Oxster(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:
Hmmm... I hope i find one soon. Thank you dear. You are an angel.

Dont mention,Wishing you all luck

Hopefully soon you gonna get rid of it& try to avoid de presence of what makes you Sin,AVOID ITS PRESENT,& THE SIN IS AVOIDED TOO
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 11:08am On Dec 10, 2017
I will keep trying with the help of God.
Oxster:

Dont mention,Wishing you all luck

Hopefully soon you gonna get rid of it& try to avoid de presence of what makes you Sin,AVOID ITS PRESENT,& THE SIN IS AVOIDED TOO
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by harbjar(m): 11:20am On Dec 10, 2017
Wizberg12:
What's a sin?
A sin is what goes against Man's stipulated laws.

What do I mean by that?
It's man that decides what's is sin or not.

Examples?
1. When a soldier kill hundreds of people, it's no sin because they're trained to kill, but when a civilian kills one person, he's threatened to have sinned against God because no one authorised him.

2. When a Chinese have sex with your brother/ sister, it's no sin because they, men approve it, but when you have sex here with your sister, it's a taboo and sin against God because we don't approve it.

3. When Chinese abort a child after the first it's no sin because law approves it but when you do same, you have sinned against God because we condemn it.

4 When you do a blood transfusion, it's no sin but when a Jehova Witness do same, he has sinned against God because their doctrine is against it.

5. When Muslims destroys bible, it's no sin because there religion supports it but when a Christian do same he has sinned against God.

6. When you smoke paper it's no sin because no one condemns it, but when you smoke weed it because sin because laws condemn it.

7. When same sex marry in UK, it's no sin because law approves it but when you do same here, you have sinned against God because we condemn it.

8. When a Christian wife goes to church, it's no sin because we approve it but when a Muslim wife goes to mosque, it's a sin because they condemn it.

9. When children goes to church, it's no sin because we approve it but when Chinese children goes to church it's a sin because they condemn it.

10. When we have sex married it's no sin because we approve it but when we have sex unmarried it's sin because we condemn it.

I can keep going on and on. But what am I trying to say, no one knows the mind of God based on what's sin or what's not sin.

In a nutshell, sin is what goes against Man's stipulated laws.
Well i have nothing to say to the jargons you have written cause its ur opinion but pls my attention is drawn to point 5 where you say its no sin if the destroy Muslims destroys the bible cause iur religion accept it.. Pls there is no where either in the hadith or Quran that allows Muslims to destroy the christains or jews spiritual books because its Haram (forbidden) to do so in islam.. We are asked to believe in the books revealed to moses, david solomon and jesus....
And point 8. Its no sin for a woman to go to the mosque to worship and no one prohibits her to do... Its is just more preferred if she stayed at home and pray
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Maamin(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2017
Following... cool
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by harbjar(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:
i am not a xtain but
The ideology behind confessing your sin to a human before you can be forgiven is a false and most illogical statement preached by some people.. Your sin is your sin and its between you and your creator..
All you need to do now is stay in a quiet place, ask God for forgiveness and promise to never go back to it... Then you re forgiven, thats the only criteria to earn God's forgiveness as long as you regret those deeds of urs... Then forgiveness is yours..just have faith in God and dont be too paranoid of ur sins.
Remember the parable of the progidal son Jesus told...
The boy misbehaved when he realized and regrets his deeds, he went back home and his father forgave him instantly... Thats how God works
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by Oxster(m): 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:
I will keep trying with the help of God.

Cool
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by durasome(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
damosky12:
The text on which the whole write-up is based is taken out of context.

The previous verses before it reveal it was actually referring to those under the law before the death of Jesus Christ.

See

Romans 2:11-16
[11]For there is no respect of persons with God.
[12]For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
[13](For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
[14]For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
[15]Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

[16]In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

For anybody who is born again or in Christ, there is no requirement to obey the law.

Romans 3:19-22
[19]Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
[20]Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

[21]But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
[22]Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 4:13-15
[13]For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
[14]For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
[15]Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Galatians 2:21
[21]I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Righteousness, in the new testament is by faith. The Christian is not under any threat of judgement. He is not condemned.

Romans 8:1-2
[1]There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2]For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The Christian has had his sins paid for. He cannot be condemned to hell.

Ephesians 1:4-6
[4]According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
[5]Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
[6]To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Colossians 1:12-14
[12]Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
[13]Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
[14]In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

What happens when he sins?

1 John 2:1
[1]My like children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

The man in Christ is not judged. He is forgiven when he sins.

i never see food eat for this afternoon to get strength to read this Lengthy text.
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks for your encouraging words. It means alot to me. But the thing is i am very emotional and i find it hard to let go of my past wayward life cos it is hunting me anytime i remember such.
harbjar:
i am not a xtain but
The ideology behind confessing your sin to a human before you can be forgiven is a false and most illogical statement preached by some people.. Your sin is your sin and its between you and your creator..
All you need to do now is stay in a quiet place, ask God for forgiveness and promise to never go back to it... Then you re forgiven, thats the only criteria to earn God's forgiveness as long as you regret those deeds of urs... Then forgiveness is yours..just have faith in God and dont be too paranoid of ur sins.
Remember the parable of the progidal son Jesus told...
The boy misbehaved when he realized and regrets his deeds, he went back home and his father forgave him instantly... Thats how God works
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by damosky12(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
durasome:
i never see food eat for this afternoon to get strength to read this Lengthy text.

That says a lot about your state. No qualms.
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by harbjar(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:
Thanks for your encouraging words. It means alot to me. But the thing is i am very emotional and i find it hard to let go of my past wayward life cos it is hunting me anytime i remember such.
The truth is there is no quick magic or a delete button to press that will remove your past but....
Here is the trick, accept your past as part of humanely side and you have once commited a error butnow back on path, be strong and accept who you were and dont allow satan toil with you and your feelings.. that's what he does, make you feel pain and regrets then force you into depression
As long as you have repented and never going back... Be happy and let the thought of God forgiving you overwhelm you over being depressed at what's past... woth tine you will heal
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by piagetskinner(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
But the issue is that, the people who hear the confessions or who they inform about the sins need to be very careful, so as not to carry the load of those sins on their own heads. When somebody confesses sin to you as a result of his rededicated Christian life, you must not hold it against the person, you must not reproach the person, and you must not disregard or disrespect the person. Why? Because the person who confesses his past or a particular sin to you does that to honor God's word, so if you despise, you are not actually despising the person but God whom the person honors his word.

@FreshGreen..as regards the bolded, lets say a born again Christian guy who is in courtship with a born again Christian lady, one day opens up on his past life ..let's say he was an armed robber or had killed someone before.. but he opens up to her because he cannot keep such secret and then marry her, even though God has now forgiven him.but for conscience sake he tells her his past life, and the lady is flabbergasted by such ugly past..and because of that calls it off(quits the relationship)..can one say she has disregarded the guy on the basis of the bolded?
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by piagetskinner(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:

start by telling it to a very trusted and calm member of your family who will handle it with maturity(mom or dad or elder sibling).. or ur pastor..someone respectable who will not blow the trumpet of ur past to others

I found that telling my past to others made it seem like a heavy load had been taken off my shoulders... and you know what.?.the more you tell it, the less interested you are in that sin
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hmm...my dear, i have been trying to tell either my close pastor or my dad. But my dad seems not to forgive infact he might even disown me being his daughter cos he has made a strict statement that anyone among his children who goes astray will see his wrath and that could be the end of my relationship with him. I have been hoping that when the time comes for me to chose a good man, i will tell him all that transpires in my life without my family knowing.
piagetskinner:

start by telling it to a very trusted and calm member of your family who will handle it with maturity(mom or dad or elder sibling).. or ur pastor..someone respectable who will not blow the trumpet of ur past to others

I found that telling my past to others made it seem like a heavy load had been taken off my shoulders... and you know what.?.the more you tell it, the less interested you are in that sin
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by piagetskinner(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
EmpressT:
Hmm...my dear, i have been trying to tell either my close pastor or my dad. But my dad seems not to forgive infact he might even disown me being his daughter cos he has made a strict statement that anyone among his children who goes astray will see his wrath and that could be the end of my relationship with him. I have been hoping that when the time comes for me to chose a good man, i will tell him all that transpires in my life without my family knowing.

hmm..may the holy spirit direct you accordingly...
always remember you are forgiven in Christ, he loves you too dearly,don't let the devil tell you otherwise..Infact ignore his stupid comments..rebuke his thoughts

he is the accuser of brethren..
whosoever Christ has set free is free indeed
Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thank you so much OP. I owe you one smiley.
harbjar:

The truth is there is no quick magic or a delete button to press that will remove your past but....
Here is the trick, accept your past as part of humanely side and you have once commited a error butnow back on path, be strong and accept who you were and dont allow satan toil with you and your feelings.. that's what he does, make you feel pain and regrets then force you into depression
As long as you have repented and never going back... Be happy and let the thought of God forgiving you overwhelm you over being depressed at what's past... woth tine you will heal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by EmpressT(f): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
Only the blood of Christ can redeem me completely. Thank you so so much @Op. I will always remember this in my heart.
piagetskinner:

hmm..may the holy spirit direct you accordingly...
always remember you are forgiven in Christ, he loves you too dearly,don't let the devil tell you otherwise..Infact ignore his stupid comments..rebuke his thoughts

he is the accuser of brethren..
whosoever Christ has set free is free indeed

2 Likes

Re: Secret Sins & Consequences by durasome(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
damosky12:

That says a lot about your state. No qualms.
.bless you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / What's Your Best Psalm? / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.