Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,586 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) (1468 Views)

Atlanta Woman Finds A Wild African Cat On Her Bed / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / Do You Rear A Pigeon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by brandydaniells(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2017
over the years I've been made to believe that a wild animals like lions,bears,wolves can be reared up with human food.... with the aim of it growing up and not be a carnivore

in my opinion ...i think "once a lion.... always a lion"

so what's ur opinion

Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by brandydaniells(m): 8:58am On Dec 10, 2017
lalasticlala seun mynd44

CourtierJay , Anibiniran

Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by Pussyisfood: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2017
The pic you attached is of a South African man who has learned to tame the lions. It took him years to gain trust like this from the beasts. Back to the question at hand, I wouldn't think of doing that even if I was gonna extend my life in the process.
brandydaniells:
over the years I've been made to believe that a wild animals like lions,bears,wolves can be reared up with human food.... with the aim of it growing up and not be a carnivore

in my opinion ...i think "once a lion.... always a lion"

so what's ur opinion
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by brandydaniells(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
Pussyisfood:
The pic you attached is of a South African man who has learned to tame the lions. It took him years to gain trust like this from the beasts. Back to the question at hand, I wouldn't think of doing that even if I was gonna extend my life in the process.
....u said he got there trust.... does that. mean they are now vegetarians
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by mebad(m): 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
brandydaniells:

Domesticating wild animals doesnt mean their diet would change . They just would have their hunting/wild instincts suppressed
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by brandydaniells(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
mebad:

Domesticating wild animals doesnt mean their diet would change . They just would have their hunting/wild instincts suppressed
so he still feeds them meat
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by mebad(m): 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
brandydaniells:
so he still feeds them meat

Of course ... a lion will not change its diet for eba or salad. it would still feed on raw meat and will depend on its care taker for it

1 Like

Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by Pussyisfood: 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
brandydaniells:

No it's not like he somehow made them start eating greens and celery. He tamed them by first delivering their meal, and because he made them not have to hunt, they probably rewarded him by not eating him and even playing with him. Maybe they don't want to jinx the possibility of getting their next meal... For their small minds
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by brandydaniells(m): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
Pussyisfood:

No it's not like he somehow made them start eating greens and celery. He tamed them by first delivering their meal, and because he made them not have to hunt, they probably rewarded him by not eating him and even playing with him. Maybe they don't want to jinx the possibility of getting their next meal... For their small minds
so basically you are saying..... they are likely to devour unknown visitors
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by davillian(m): 12:54am On Dec 11, 2017
Care for them from curb to adult and they see u as a lion and not as food.
The thing there is that most people don't know when the animal instinct can set in.
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by Pussyisfood: 2:53am On Dec 11, 2017
brandydaniells:
so basically you are saying..... they are likely to devour unknown visitors
Surely
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by brandydaniells(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2017
Pussyisfood:
Surely
ok thanks for ur opinion
Re: You Can Rear A Wild Animal Up As A Pet(how True Is That) by divinest: 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2017
ya while not

(1) (Reply)

Animal Rescue Centre In Nigeria / Hungry Python Swallows Porcupine For Dinner, And Guess What Happened, See The Re / Help: Worms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.