Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,848 members, 7,848,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (929463 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 12, 2018
1.Good morning good people, please do want to know while filling online for your visa interview under the "U.S contact information" who should your "contact person in the US" be? a friend, relative, someone you know in the U.S or is it someone in the school? maybe one of the officials you have been communicating with.

2. And for those in America or whoever might know, does American soa look different from Nigerian's own that shows the inflow and outflow of income?

3.Also can I go to the embassy by March with a SOA dated Nov 2017

4.I need directives on how to download the transcripts, I downloaded the one of part10 and since then any other one I click on directs me to part 10 transcript.
Thanks,
Lizzy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2018
Lizzy55:
1.Good morning good people, please do want to know while filling online for your visa interview under the "U.S contact information" who should your "contact person in the US" be? a friend, relative, someone you know in the U.S or is it someone in the school? maybe one of the officials you have been communicating with.

2. And for those in America or whoever might know, does American soa look different from Nigerian's own that shows the inflow and outflow of income?

3.Also can I go to the embassy by March with a SOA dated Nov 2017

4.I need directives on how to download the transcripts, I downloaded the one of part10 and since then any other one I click on directs me to part 10 transcript.
Thanks,
Lizzy.

1. There is name of a contact person on your i-20
2. You don't need anything special whether different or not, as long as it shows inflow and outflow and balance on the account
3. To show within 6 month flows. Dated November might have been downward. do the calculation yourself upward. Print a new one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2018
folmus:

1. There is name of a contact person on your i-20
2. You don't need anything special whether different or not, as long as it shows inflow and outflow and balance on the account
3. To show within 6 month flows. Dated November might have been downward. do the calculation yourself upward. Print a new one
Thanks for the reply. On my i20 I have "school official to contact upon arrival" is that it?
The soa I have from U.S isn't showing the inflow and outflow of money, it is just a two line something, I think it shows total amount that came in and total amount spent from oct-nov then the end balance (don't have it right here with me)
Told him (my brother) thought its supposed to look like whatwe have in Nigeria showing the inflow and outflow he said no its different in America and that any vo I present it to will understd it, but I am just not convinced.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by temi4fash(m): 10:24am On Feb 12, 2018
Walspring:

Pm replied

Sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 11:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Lizzy55:

Thanks for the reply. On my i20 I have "school official to contact upon arrival" is that it?
The soa I have from U.S isn't showing the inflow and outflow of money, it is just a two line something, I think it shows total amount that came in and total amount spent from oct-nov then the end balance (don't have it right here with me)
Told him (my brother) thought its supposed to look like whatwe have in Nigeria showing the inflow and outflow he said no its different in America and that any vo I present it to will understd it, but I am just not convinced.

Yes on your i20. The V.O knows whats obtainable in their country. If granted, you may be put on 'AP" to verify the authenticity of the soa.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 12, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

Hello Awonla

Please look at florida institute of technology.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 12, 2018
bigfrancis21:

@bold...yes that's true. Many schools with mathematics department have only MS students and most of these students are given funding with admission. Your GRE score is quite low to get you funding but applying to schools that don't require it is your best bet. Also you have something to show the VO during your interview when asked.

Is your 2:2 GPA up to 3.0? If yes, I strongly recommend Msc in Mathematics at University of Texas El Paso (UTEP). Their Math department admits only Msc students and 90% of all students admitted are given assistantship. GRE isn't required for admission and TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students. You only need to upload a scanned copy of your transcript at the time of application, statement of purpose, $75 application fee and provide 2 strong references (your former lecturers especially). Note: you won't find the assistantship information I just mentioned on their webpage, it comes from an inside source. Also check out Cleveland State University. For their Msc in Math program, GRE is waived, TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students and they offer many assistantships too. Goodluck.

https://www.utep.edu/science/math/academic-programs/graduate/msmathematics.html

http://www.csuohio.edu/sciences/mathematics/ms-in-mathematics
@bigfrancis21, am really grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2018
justwise:

I have not been actively online for days now so I don’t know the post you are referring to .

Hello Justwise , what is the medical fee for the 2 hospitals that carry out medical prior an interview @ the USA consulate ? I'm aware they are both on the Island.
Need to pay the fee next week. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
modelmike7:

Hello Justwise , what is the medical fee for the 2 hospitals that carry out medical prior an interview @ the USA consulate ? I'm aware they are both on the Island.
Need to pay the fee next week. Thank you.

The USA embassy does not require medical prior to an interview.... at least not for student and most visiting visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2018
LagosismyHome:

The USA embassy does not require medical prior to an interview.... at least not for student and most visiting visa
Sorry, I guess I'm on the wrong thread then, looked through all the threads but couldn't see one on spousal visa yet. The medical is actually for a spousal visa, kindly help out of you do know ma'm. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
folmus:

Yes on your i20. The V.O knows whats obtainable in their country. If granted, you may be put on 'AP" to verify the authenticity of the soa.

Goodluck!
I appreciate your replies dear.
The person that helped schedule my first appointment used my bro as my contact person in the U.S and I was thinking she knows better smh. I just began to think now what about those who have no one in the U.S, I guess my brain wasn't functioning well then.
With help from this forum I think I will have to do it next time by myself, not paying anyone again, they are not better than me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Lizzy55:

Most SOA even the USA shows incoming and outgoing amounts. Best to ask the sender for a proper SOA just incase it is asked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Most SOA even the USA shows incoming and outgoing amounts. Best to ask the sender for a proper SOA just incase it is asked
Okay, I will do that.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
oluswaggz:
Hello Fam,

Wonderful work here so far,
Please I need an advice from you all, I intend applying for a US student visa by ending of this month. The issue now is that I have HND in computer Science and I believe most schools in the states prefer BSC for their masters degree courses, that’s why I want to apply for an undergraduate program with my O’level result. I am 24 years old and my fear is that my age might be a barrier when having my interview because I heard it’s sometimes hard to secure a student visa for an undergraduate course when u are above 18. How true is this?

Evaluate your courses and apply for Master's
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
oluswaggz:
Hello Fam,

Wonderful work here so far,
Please I need an advice from you all, I intend applying for a US student visa by ending of this month. The issue now is that I have HND in computer Science and I believe most schools in the states prefer BSC for their masters degree courses, that’s why I want to apply for an undergraduate program with my O’level result. I am 24 years old and my fear is that my age might be a barrier when having my interview because I heard it’s sometimes hard to secure a student visa for an undergraduate course when u are above 18. How true is this?

The problem may not really be the age but you after having HND now wants to start Bsc. It doesn't seems like a progress (and it's a quick reason to deny you visa). It's better you apply for graduate study. Many schools here accepts HND.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Auspicious2018: 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
Auspicious2018:
Great job guys.

I've been a silent follower but I've benefited immensely.

Please what do you think about my profile?
BSc Medical Biochemistry 3.71/5
Last 60 credit 3.34/4(Required)
GRE Q 156 V 152
Experience:Present- Own my Business
Previous- Sales Executive

Plan to apply for Business Analytics, Fall 2018.
Please suggestions and constructive criticisms are welcome.

No response shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
uzzyj:
Hi nairalander, please can someone refer a school that accepts 2.25/4.0 or third class with 4 years work experience for MSC in Cyber security in USA .

With a good gre score of 310 and above, you may be lucky to get a conditional admission. I knew a friend who got conditional admission for masters with Cgpa of 2.1/4 at a tier 3 university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yildiz: 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
Good day all. Please I got this email from a prof. I applied to the school but I didnt mention him in my SOP and I have never emailed him before. Please what should be the best way to reply him.

Hello,

I am Prof. XXXX, faculty at the school of ECE at XXa Tech. My lab OLIVES work at the intersection of image/video processing and machine learning with applications in a number of fields including AVs, subsurface imaging, and microscopic imaging. We are anticipating to have couple of positions for PhD thesis topics and GRA under the area of image/video processing and machine learning for seismic applications, primarily seismic interpretation. If you are interested in such topic, please visit this page. Although a background in geophysics is not required, it is a plus. For questions, please contact me Bleep and Dr. XX. You can check our papers, current team, and other materials at Bleep

best regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 10:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
Yildiz:
Good day all. Please I got this email from a prof. I applied to the school but I didnt mention him in my SOP and I have never emailed him before. Please what should be the best way to reply him.

Hello,

I am Prof. XXXX, faculty at the school of ECE at XXa Tech. My lab OLIVES work at the intersection of image/video processing and machine learning with applications in a number of fields including AVs, subsurface imaging, and microscopic imaging. We are anticipating to have couple of positions for PhD thesis topics and GRA under the area of image/video processing and machine learning for seismic applications, primarily seismic interpretation. If you are interested in such topic, please visit this page. Although a background in geophysics is not required, it is a plus. For questions, please contact me Bleep and Dr. XX. You can check our papers, current team, and other materials at Bleep

best regards,

The question is are you interested? If so, just reply him and mention one or two things about his research work and how it aligns with your interests. Also, attach your resume. I'm sure quite a number of people in the admissions pool would have gotten back to him already..

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nwabu007(m): 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
I believe your application is being reviewed by adcomm and the Prof must have taken interest in your profile. You can check the Prof's ongoing research and his lab out. If you are interested in the field, then you can inform him about it. However, acknowledge the mail.

Yildiz:

Hello,

best regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yildiz: 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks
biikeys:

The question is are you interested? If so, just reply him and mention one or two things about his research work and how it aligns with your interests. Also, attach your resume. I'm sure quite a number of people in the admissions pool would have gotten back to him already..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yildiz: 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks
Nwabu007:
I believe your application is being reviewed by adcomm and the Prof must have taken interest in your profile. You can check the Prof's ongoing research and his lab out. If you are interested in the field, then you can inform him about it. However, acknowledge the mail.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samueltoyosi(m): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
pls who can help me. with SAT registration I want to do it and I don't know where to register for the exam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
AsiwajuAfo001:

The problem may not really be the age but you after having HND now wants to start Bsc. It doesn't seems like a progress (and it's a quick reason to deny you visa). It's better you apply for graduate study. Many schools here accepts HND.

Thanks bro, can you advise any school you know please. And things I need to get done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2018
biikeys:

Evaluate your courses and apply for Master's

How do I go about this bro? Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 11:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
Greetings House.
Please gurus, how good is the university of San Fransisco California? Is it a red flag school?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 13, 2018
Gospelozy:
Greetings House.
Please gurus, how good is the university of San Fransisco California? Is it a red flag school?
Thanks.

USF is a good school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kyautaz: 12:03am On Feb 13, 2018
U am currently a 500 level medical student in Abia State University I have my interview scheduled for 21st of this February. I want to visit the US for vacation please I need advices. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:58am On Feb 13, 2018
Kyautaz:
U am currently a 500 level medical student in Abia State University I have my interview scheduled for 21st of this February. I want to visit the US for vacation please I need advices. Thanks

Wrong thread. Go to B1/B2 thread

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 1:56am On Feb 13, 2018
Auspicious2018:
Great job guys.

I've been a silent follower but I've benefited immensely.

Please what do you think about my profile?
BSc Medical Biochemistry 3.71/5
Last 60 credit 3.34/4(Required)
GRE Q 156 V 152
Experience:Present- Own my Business
Previous- Sales Executive

Plan to apply for Business Analytics, Fall 2018.
Please suggestions and constructive criticisms are welcome.

Quite good enough. You have both the minimum GPA and GRE score to get what you want. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Auspicious2018: 7:15am On Feb 13, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Quite good enough. You have both the minimum GPA and GRE score to get what you want. Goodluck

Thanks. Do you think I can get funding with this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2018
Please house,I really need your answers to some basic questions.
1.can someone who studied a science course choose another course entirely for masters program in the US,and if so how easy will that be.
2.with a CGPA of 2.55/5.0,what schools can I apply to,please kindly recommend if any and what’s the probability for admission.any further advise will be honestly appreciated.
Please house I need your response on this,so I know what step to take.THANK YOU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (514)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.