Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917459 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by enuelsmith: 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello all!! We are giving out 50 percent fees reduction for GRE,TOEFL, GMAT AND SAT. We understand that many nairalanders would like to write one standardized test or the other,for their Fall admissions,but owing to the harsh economy situation of the country in recent time,only few could achieve this. We have deemed it fit to assist few but serious individuals who are willing to take this test. Limited offer available,and its for first come first serve. We have done this before and we are here to do this again. Wishing you all the very best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Please who is applied to ETSU for undergraduate degree FALL 2018 already? Please reply very urgent. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
alayomini:
Pls what is my chance getting visa approve this fall After i was denied nov. 2016, Dec.2016 and twice april 2017 . Althoug all was Same admission for Mech engr Bsc. meanwhil, i already had hnd mech engr. Also av my wes nd ielts.
Now av got admitted master safety science at embry riddle. With 2k scholarship per semester.

Pls kindly help me as i dont even remember numerious question i was as during my interview.

What should i do pls.

So of my interview question as follow

Vo- what you study plan.
Me- i explain my intent to obtain bsc in mech engr.

vo- What my age
Me - 27

vo- Why university of north dakota.
Me- i gave some reasons base on the info of the student and the facilitators.

Vo- are you married.
Me- No

Vo- any child
Me- no.

But av one preaently and married.

Vo- Who is sponsorng ur education
Me- my dad.

Vo- What dos he do.
Me - senior civil servant at fed. Min. Of works and housing.

Vo- sorry u are not qualified at this time you can apply later and gave me the blue paper .

Pls kindly assist study my case and tell me what to change this time.

Moreso, tjis isy current profile.

27year of age
Married with a kid.
Technician at flourmill .
Hnd in mech engr with 3.30 gpa as per wes Evaluation.
Ielts 6.0
Now admitted for masters in safety science with 2k scholarship per semester.
Sponsor my dad.
Pls kindly help my case study
Bro, I will suggest there is there are some significant changes in your DS160 application. Also on why you choose the school, try to provide a distinct reason. ND is a very cold state and not a lot of people here move down there. so, you might want to provide a cogent reason why you settle for the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello House, I plan to move down to Greensboro, North Carolina soon. Is there anyone on this forum who know somebody that knows someone that lives there or close?? I kind of need advice on where the Africans are situated and nice neighborhoods are.

Anticipating responses...Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by solastar2: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
enuelsmith:
Hello all!! We are giving out 50 percent fees reduction for GRE,TOEFL, GMAT AND SAT. We understand that many nairalanders would like to write one standardized test or the other,for their Fall admissions,but owing to the harsh economy situation of the country in recent time,only few could achieve this. We have deemed it fit to assist few but serious individuals who are willing to take this test. Limited offer available,and its for first come first serve. We have done this before and we are here to do this again. Wishing you all the very best

How much is it in Naira I'd love to register.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
I really appreciate your contribution. But i have droped the undergraduate admission at north dakota and now av got admitted at embry riddle university to study masters in safety science.

What is one change i have made .

Pus been married with kid, Ad two year work experience as mechanical technician.

What do u think i should change on my ds 160 and what should i say about my previous 4interview on undergraduate admission.

I will really appreciate all of this house comment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
smileyWelcome bro. You need both for funding and all. However, there are schools or courses that may waive the SAT, I think.
You really need it though. PM me if you can.
Bettertomorrow1:

Thanks for your respond
Applying for a UNI , what test will be best to take SAT or TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by enuelsmith: 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
solastar2:

How much is it in Naira I'd love to register.
Currently Toefl is 195usd and GRE 220USD, using $1=363, you should know the naira equivalent. DM for more messages. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
kfrosh:
Hello house! Is there any unilorin alumni here processing Fall 2018 admission. Have you been able to request for your transcript to be sent to your foreign schools with the present NASU strike going on for some time now.
Pls could you give me an estimate of the cost of processing this transcript ish? I'm a Unilorin alumni and my application just arrived the school via EPIC.
cc kekenation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
alayomini:
I really appreciate your contribution. But i have droped the undergraduate admission at north dakota and now av got admitted at embry riddle university to study masters in safety science.

What is one change i have made .

Pus been married with kid, Ad two year work experience as mechanical technician.

What do u think i should change on my ds 160 and what should i say about my previous 4interview on undergraduate admission.

I will really appreciate all of this house comment.

Well, you should also know that the school is an aeronautical, 'not-common' and private university. However, that should not affect you in anyway. Having two kids and going for masters at a private institution might be a red flag but you have to give good reasons why that school will help your career development (probably because of a potential promotion or an offer you are seeking).

Regarding your ds160, provide a good and important reason on why you where denied in your previous interviews.
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
justolowo:
Hello House, I plan to move down to Greensboro, North Carolina soon. Is there anyone on this forum who know somebody that knows someone that lives there or close?? I kind of need advice on where the Africans are situated and nice neighborhoods are.

Please any admit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by haffikem(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Thanks for the info.... is there opportunity for those who won't be able to attend NSBE

Sure !

There is, but interviews are usually conducted at the venue and it makes hiring decision faster as the hiring manager(s) would have the opportunity to interact with the candidate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
tescoman90:

Please any admit?
What do you mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bonishapiro(m): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
GraceofGodfollo:

Thanks,God will bless you. The registration is 40k. Through bymafit
pls gv out contact info of bymafit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
justolowo:

What do you mean?

I want to know if you got any admit at UNCG
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
tescoman90:

I want to know if you got any admit at UNCG

Na, Job things. You in UNCG?? I heard the school is good though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2018
justolowo:

Na, Job things. You in UNCG?? I heard the school is good though.

No ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Adekola87: 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thanks guys for the response, I have booked my visa appointment to 23rd of April while waiting for my sevis confirmation, thank you guys for good work here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
tescoman90:

No ooo
Why were you now asking shocked shocked shocked lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2018
justolowo:

Why were you now asking shocked shocked shocked lol

Looking for admission grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ProfOjah1234: 8:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
victree007:
Hello ProfOjah,
Is this opportunity still available and can a BSc holder in Geology apply for the program?

Haaaa.. I don't know o. I posted this long time ago..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
tescoman90:

Looking for admission grin
hahah C teeth, Anyways, the school is great but I don't know anyone there yet

Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by log1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2018
lasthero:

Mods, do your work na

Mod is not omnipresent. You can use report button under the post to clear it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
winterstorm:
smileyWelcome bro. You need both for funding and all. However, there are schools or courses that may waive the SAT, I think.
You really need it though. PM me if you can.

Thanks for your respond
Am expecting my i-20 from southern Arkansas uni. And
I have register for sat and TOEFL already

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
justolowo:

Well, you should also know that the school is an aeronautical, 'not-common' and private university. However, that should not affect you in anyway. Having two kids and going for masters at a private institution might be a red flag but you have to give good reasons why that school will help your career development (probably because of a potential promotion or an offer you are seeking).

Regarding your ds160, provide a good and important reason on why you where denied in your previous interviews.
grin

Can you please help with an idea of a good and important reasons on previous denied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sheke01: 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
justolowo:

U can try searching for people that are schooling in NCAT since NCAT is in Greensboro. I know Jude09 schools there currently...u can reach out to him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2018
sheke01:

U can try searching for people that are schooling in NCAT since NCAT is in Greensboro. I know Jude09 schools there currently...u can reach out to him

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justolowo(m): 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
Bettertomorrow1:

Can you please help with an idea of a good and important reasons on previous denied
Na u do the interview now lol, but examples are;
1) Because you didn’t write any standardized test at that time and the consular officer wasn’t convinced with the explanation you provided.
2)My sponsors didn’t have enough funds to cover my tuition and accommodation at that time.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Has your US visa expired and you are being lazy to renew it? Do you intend to apply for a US visa soon? You have from now till Friday to pay the old visa fee of 64k. From 26th March, US visa fees will be 110k.

I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
jagaban17:
Please can someone Confirm this ?

it is stated on their site but not the amount yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.