Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916057 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jeffery23: 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Hello great gurus in the house,

This is a quick one
Please ,can a promissory note from a pending
Transaction( from a bank to back up one’s sponsor SOA Incase there is no cash balance there at the moment) but,stating when the money will be credited into my sponsor account. will it be acceptable at the US embassy ,hence there has been good inflow and outflow but no cash balance atm??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
i dont think theres any place in the Ds 160..that allows you write the number of schools you applied to
Coxtie:
Please help me house..
my interview is less than 2days now..
Can I say something’s that are not on my Ds-160.. hope will i be penalized?
For example
I actually applied for 3 schools but I never included it..on my Ds-160
I only included one. Can I tell the VO I applied for 3 schools.. hope I will not be penalized since it was not on my Ds-160..
please I need response
My interview is at hand ..
Please please.. God bless you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
Coxtie:
Please help me house..
For example
I only included one. Can I tell the VO I applied for 3 schools.. hope I will not be penalized since it was not on my Ds-160..
please I need response

It's not really necessary to input all the schools you applied on your DS-160. So yes, you can tell the VO verbaly how many school you applied too and why you decide to stick to the one on your DS-160 form. My advice for you is to go the website of all the schools you applied to and study their websites, if you can have all their informtions handy, then you are good to go. I can bet you the Vo will surely ask you how many schools you applied to and why did you settle for the one on your DS form. I hope this help.. Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
NiklausAkins:
i dont think theres any place in the Ds 160..that allows you write the number of schools you applied to
are you sure about this.. it’s like the VO had it there in computer when asking.. I think they have it on there system .. or is it not there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kikky91(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
Demonicide:
you are making me scared with all this write up. Your response to those questions were fantastic. May be because you lied that you have never applied to any other school apart from this present one. You should have even asked her what requirement ma'am? Pls what does the 120 she made mention of mean?

There is no need to becoz I am not sure he has been following this thread. I think where he had it mix up was wen he said he only applied to one school. The vo here will feel the is not a serious student applying to one school because even USA citizen apply to more than one school...so that is my take and I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
kikky91:

There is no need to becoz I am not sure he has been following this thread. I think where he had it mix up was wen he said he only applied to one school. The vo here will feel the is not a serious student applying to one school because even USA citizen apply to more than one school...so that is my take and I stand to be corrected.
does ds-160 shows the number of schools applied for or we have to say it verbally
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Johnthegreat:

I greet you,
Please my question is, i have an Aunt in the USA( a nurse and citizen too) she will sponsor my masters, will it raise an issue at the interview because she is not based in Nigeria?

Or should i be my own sponsor?

Which one is better chance.

Most people i have seen here have their sponsor base in Nigeria.

1). Anybody from any part of the world can be your sponsor in as much as you can justify why that person wants to invest huge amount of dollars on you.

2). As a graduate student, you can sponsor your self as well, especially if you have been working after your first degree, the VOs understand one can save up for his/her studies. The most important thing the Vo will check is, can your personal fund covers your 2 years program including living expenses for that 2 years? So if you can prove to the VO that your personal fund can cover all that, then you are good to go. So to answer your questions, the two options of sponsor you stated is very okay.. just choose anyone you feel is okay for you. Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
Coxtie:
thanks it really helped do you know if there is any space for filling up numbers of schools applied to?? And names of the school on Ds-160??
Please give me your contact or have mine 08143244245

I think there is a place on the DS-160 form that states did you apply to morethan 1 school (YES) (NO)

But am not too sure about that.. You can ask those who recently fill a DS form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
When i was filling my Ds160 i did not see any place like that o..
Coxtie:
are you sure about this.. it’s like the VO had it there in computer when asking.. I think they have it on there system .. or is it not there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
NiklausAkins:
When i was filling my Ds160 i did not see any place like that o..

Except if this a new addition...i don't think that is listed on ds160. Usually it just comes up in a conversation with the VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whandeykoal(f): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
whandeykoal:

Good evening, please was that what you used?

Dislat please attend to my question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
Laee:
No boss. Go for masters. Had a 3rd class in chemistry and still got my visa let no one pull u down just prepare yourself well. Go ahead and Write your GRE.

Wow! Which school do you apply to that accept the 3rd class from you for your masters?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
Johnthegreat:

I greet you,
Please my question is, i have an Aunt in the USA( a nurse and citizen too) she will sponsor my masters, will it raise an issue at the interview because she is not based in Nigeria?

Or should i be my own sponsor?

Which one is better chance.

Most people i have seen here have their sponsor base in Nigeria.

As long as you can convince the VO why she is sponsoring you then no need to be panic.

Both are good but your parents sponsoring you is the sweetest because it won’t bring or raise a question like why your parents sponsoring you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
I finished from secondary school in 2014.. if I’m been asked what have I been doing at home since then what should I say??
Can I say that I have been assisting my uncle in office who is a legal solicitor..
I help him handle his documents then which triggers me to know more about settling disputes and making peace.. which also is the main reasons for choosing liberal studies because it helps in peace keeping and peace building..
Please reply my question as quick as possible
My interview is hell near
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
Coxtie:
Please help me house..
For example
please I need response

Follow your heart but say what is on your ds160 and you can add if your mind is telling you to add when answering the question because I have seen some people here who said rubbish and jagons Yo the VO and they got their visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
jeffery23:
Hello great gurus in the house,

This is a quick one
Please ,can a promissory note from a pending
Transaction( from a bank to back up one’s sponsor SOA Incase there is no cash balance there at the moment) but,stating when the money will be credited into my sponsor account. will it be acceptable at the US embassy ,hence there has been good inflow and outflow but no cash balance atm??

Lol. I hope is not going to be cash lodgment because is not something good to show VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
Walspring:

Follow your heart but say what is on your ds160 and you can add if your mind is telling you to add when answering the question because I have seen some people here who said rubbish and jagons Yo the VO and they got their visa.
thanks walspring
What about this
I finished from secondary school in 2014.. if I’m been asked what have I been doing at home since then what should I say??
Can I say that I have been assisting my uncle in office who is a legal solicitor..
I help him handle his documents then which triggers me to know more about settling disputes and making peace.. which also is the main reasons for choosing liberal studies because it helps in peace keeping and peace building..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
chinemomah2020:

I think there is a place on the DS-160 form that states did you apply to morethan 1 school (YES) (NO)

But am not too sure about that.. You can ask those who recently fill a DS form.

There is none like that in ds160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
lincoffm:

Bolded*** Are you truly assisting your Uncle? If YES then you can prove your point and convince the VO, But if you are not really working with your uncle at the moment , Pls dont lie about it. You can simple explain to them what you have been doing since 2014 with all sincerity. Wish you Goodluck !!!

Regards,
thanks bro.. although I have been in one of the Nigerian university studying.. but I don’t want them to know.. that why I want to manipulate it.. please suggest any possible solution.. can I just say I have been helping my uncle and get away with it or what are the reasons I can tell them that will looks suitable for change of Nigerian university for the US
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2018
Coxtie:

If they have it on their system VO should be doing such with DHS system or server because every sevis number generated are recorded and documented.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
Coxtie:
thanks walspring
What about this

I wish I could help on this but follow your mind and what if what you are hiding could be what will grant you the visa ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
Coxtie:
does ds-160 shows the number of schools applied for or we have to say it verbally

This question is funny and it makes me to wonder if you are the one that truly filled your ds160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
lincoffm:

Hello coxtie-

If they know this can be a RED Flag.. So its best to shed the information as long as you have a strong case to show you finish or havent been to a university in Nigeria. Manipulation is good sometimes as long as you can prove your points.

Regards,
oh.. what will be the main reason for me to say for leaving my present institution for US?? Please help on this..
And secondly I never included that I was in any Nigerian
University on my Ds-160 so telling them the truth I hope I will not be penalized
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Laee(m): 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
OP try and just read every transcript from people on here ones that got denied and also got theirs you will be able to work on yourself i think. And give more solid changes in your ds160.
daprince5898:
04-04-2018.
My transcript 1:

Me: good morning ma
Vo: pass me ur i-20
Me: I did.

Vo: why did you choose wvu?
Me: of all the sch I applied to, wvu is one of the best and among the 1st 50 rated schools in USA, well known for its well structured curriculum and a high quality research program which aliens to my area of interest. And above all, I shall the doing a research work with Prof Charles Wenger who already told me about the research topic in my department..... (She cuts in).

Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: just wvu.

Vo: kept typing for ages................ Finally gave me the denial stuff.... You ain't eligible.
Me: was like... Why? She said I should go thrn the letter and know why. I left.

My transcript 2: 19-04-2018

Vo: pass me ur passport and i20
Me: good morning ma, as I hand over the materials to her.

Vo: I discovered you have been denied, wht has changed
Me: yes, i was denied, amd nothing has changed.
I don't kn why I was denied. But I think I wasn't given enough time to express myself.

Vo: OK, now you have the time, express yourself; whts new: what has changed in ur new application.
Me: (@ this point I was getting confuse, and she repeated it again) and I started talking about the school again, just like the way i said in the first one, perhaps der was no change in the former. And it ended with same denial.

Please I need assistance on how I can go about it?
What do I do? Planning to take Lagos embassy this time, because my admission is closing 15th may.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
Coxtie:
oh.. what will be the main reason for me to say for leaving my present institution for US?? Please help on this..
And secondly I never included that I was in any Nigerian
University on my Ds-160 so telling them the truth I hope I will not be penalized

Lol, You should know better I guess grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
lincoffm:

Firstly, Kindly share what program are you going to do in USA ? Undergraduate, Masters Program, PHD??
undergraduate.. cleveland State University ohio..
Liberal arts
Do I have to tell the truth because because I never included it on my DS-160 that I was presently in one of the Nigerian university.. I might get penalized for it’s not on my DS-160..
can I risk to tell lies that I have been helping my uncle in his chambers?

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.