Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915496 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 4:13pm On May 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:
Please does anyone know a good deal for 2 weeks or one month phone plan for visitors in the US

Thanks in advance

Hi, pls i need your help on something...

Is there a way i can contact you pls. Sent you a mail though but its saying have sent too many anonymous mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 4:14pm On May 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

YES

[s]
A friend of mine Nigerian who studied Bsc med tech (outside of the US) ...went visiting on holiday to the U.S. and saw a med tech night shift job in a remote location. ...night shift only . She probably was the only applicant...lol . Applied got in and they filed her h1b ... barely 2 years they filed her green card

She had her green card and moved on to clinical research CRA making good money. So she defined the stat that she didn't spend a cent on been a master student and was in the US on b1b2

Does that mean that the general demograph story ... nope. But there are always one or two . It is extermely difficult but one or two get lucky out of a thousand[/s]

This is what I said initially: Know your strengths and weaknesses, and plan your life according to them. If you have a background in creative arts or Insurance, don't let anyone fool you into thinking you'd be a complete failure here unless you switched to an engineering or nursing program. Life comes with NO guarantees.

I asked you a very simple question and intentionally asked for no additional information. You added more info trying to push a narrative that can only work with the gullible. Nice try.

If truly, that's the ONLY person you know who has made it here without going the STEM route, I'm afraid to tell you you shouldn't be making bold generalizations with so much authority on the subject the way you're speaking about it. You need to do more research and keep an open mind.

Of all examples to use, you talked about someone who did something completely illegal and tried to spin it to make it sound great. She came here on a visiting visa and conveniently "saw" a job, lol. I'm sure she had it all planned and again, had a bit of luck.

I'll leave it at that. Different strokes for different folks. I'll say this clearly, life has no guarantees. It's all planning and a bit of luck. Going for OPT/H1B using the STEM route is a good idea, my point is... that's just one way, it's not the only way. Those who can't go that way are not doomed. There are countless student immigrants who did nothing close to STEM, there are also countless STEM graduates who never got a job to sponsor their greencards and got stuck in the end.

You already answered my question and confirmed that yes, there's at least someone who immigrated as a student without STEM. I encourage people who plan and stay positive. There are different ways in life to solve problems. I'll keep my opinion open until someone proves it wrong. People defy odds! See: Obama.

Have a nice day. smiley

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:29pm On May 05, 2018
theamerican:

This is what I said initially: Know your strengths and weaknesses, and plan your life according to them. If you have a background in creative arts or Insurance, don't let anyone fool you into thinking you'd be a complete failure here unless you switched to an engineering or nursing program. Life comes with NO guarantees.

I asked you a very simple question and intentionally asked for no additional information. You added more info trying to push a narrative that can only work with the gullible. Nice try.

If truly, that's the ONLY person you know who has made it here without going the STEM route, I'm afraid to tell you you shouldn't be making bold generalizations with so much authority on the subject the way you're speaking about it. You need to do more research and keep an open mind.

Of all examples to use, you talked about someone who did something completely illegal and tried to spin it to make it sound great. She came here on a visiting visa and conveniently "saw" a job, lol. I'm sure she had it all planned and again, had a bit of luck.

I'll leave it at that. Different strokes for different folks. I'll say this clearly, life has no guarantees. It's all planning and a bit of luck. Going for OPT/H1B using the STEM route is a good idea, my point is... that's just one way, it's not the only way. Those who can't go that way are not doomed. There are countless student immigrants who did nothing close to STEM, there are also countless STEM graduates who never got a job to sponsor their greencards and got stuck in the end.

You already answered my question and confirmed that yes, there's at least someone who immigrated as a student without STEM. I encourage people who plan and stay positive. There are different ways in life to solve problems. I'll keep my opinion open until someone proves it wrong. People defy odds! See: Obama.

Have a nice day. smiley

Gullible... please enough already .

Was going to type a response but no need . It ain't worth it .

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 4:32pm On May 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Of course. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzrollingstones: 5:09pm On May 05, 2018
Hello House,Please can a cooperate statement of account be sent to a school as Sponsors Financial record.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:22pm On May 05, 2018
mzrollingstones:
Hello House,Please can a cooperate statement of account be sent to a school as Sponsors Financial record.
There is no hard rule to this but it is always advisable to use personal account. If you use a corporate account, you will have to explain why a company is sponsoring you which is hard to explain.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 5:24pm On May 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I just knew that guys long epistle wouldnt let you see my post.

Pls check your mail. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by amos4real(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2018
oluezekiel:

Use this:
1. WES ICAP. $205

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by iamblisz(m): 6:51pm On May 05, 2018
Chidinho10:

Yes you can get recommendation from your boss, but be sure to get at least one academic recommendation. Your project supervisor can recommend you as well.
Thank you very much sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adekeye5846: 7:55pm On May 05, 2018
Please I want step by step explanation on how to apply for USA student visa for MSc or MBA program

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RexCheeng: 8:39pm On May 05, 2018
adekeye5846:
Please I want step by step explanation on how to apply for USA student visa for MSc or MBA program
Hello, everything you need is right here .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Raycupid: 9:06pm On May 05, 2018
Please house I need an urgent Answer to this, my mum won a visa lottery when I was 9 and listed me and my sibs as travel companions but we didn't get the visa....now that I'm filling my DS-160,in the section that says "have anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf either the US citizenship ***' Do I tick yes or No since I wasn't the principal applicant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 9:36pm On May 05, 2018
@theamerican, am really impressed and i enjoy the way you reply to quotes with well detailed facts and in a very polite manner. I want to guess you are somehow related to Bigfrancis Or Lagosismyhome because you guys are really..really outstanding in the way you address issues and thats how it should be for someone who has lived in a western world.. i really do not know you guys in real life but i just to want say.. I LOVE YOU GUYS and i want be like you when i grow up grin May God continue to increase you guys knowledge in all aspect of life..

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2018
femi312:
grin

Mr Femi please reply to my pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 10:55pm On May 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Please i sent you a pm, i need your help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2018
chinemomah2020:
@theamerican, am really impressed and i enjoy the way you reply to quotes with well detailed facts and in a very polite manner. I want to guess you are somehow related to Bigfrancis Or Lagosismyhome because you guys are really..really outstanding in the way you address issues and thats how it should be for someone who has lived in a western world.. i really do not know you guys in real life but i just to want say.. I LOVE YOU GUYS and i want be like you when i grow up grin May God continue to increase you guys knowledge in all aspect of life..

Amen they are just fantastic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2018
adekeye5846:

First you need to search for schools at least school among best 300 schools in the United State, when you get your preferred schools at least 3.
Apply and pay for your application fees, most schools is $30 to $50 but some are $70 if am right.

If your school needed you to Evaluate your result then you have to contact WES for evaluation, you can do that by registering on WES website https://www.wes.org/ you will be given a reference code which you will use to apply for your transcript in your school.

Take a standardizes test GRE for Masters

Admission takes a while so always contact the admission office of international student of your school, when you are fully admitted you can now to go the next stage which is collecting your I-20 from the school. Note during the process of admission there are other things you will need to send to the school by courier which your choice of school will tell you.

There are trust worthy people here when the time for you to pay for sevis reach, sevis is $200
F1 Visa fee right now is 57,400

With this little knowledge of mine i wish i help. If you dont mind you can apply to my school so that we can start our friendship from here to the United State. I pray my Visa is approved like others here in 2-3weeks times when i go for the interview.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 11:34pm On May 05, 2018
Please Gurus in the house i need someone who can help me with video interview to get me prepared for my Visa interview. My interview will be coming up this month.

Please Femi, lagosismyhome, wallspring, chindinho, theamerican etc and every other people. Your help is highly needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dmajor1(m): 11:47pm On May 05, 2018
You seem to have a problem with his age sir. The world is global now thanks to the power of the internet. A few hours on the television per day would make you know so much about America than a man working the streets of Washington. This is a public forum, let's learn to respect one another irrespective of age, sex, ethnic or religious affiliations. I think your tone is disrespectful.
Stop this habit.
nikas0005:
I think a boy like you should know that there is different between truth and reality

Go face your visa interview and after you can come back here and be confusing gullible #lazynigeriayouth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:56pm On May 05, 2018
GucciOluwa:

Thank you boss. God bless you continually.
Sevis fee payment confirmation received.

Let's give all the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:05am On May 06, 2018
Adeish01:

Good day Bro, I'm Adeish I'm using this opportunity to apologize to mr Lincoffm and Nairaland as a whole...Mr Lincoffm is a kind hearted man who wanted the success of everyone ..I never intended to scam him but I didn't know he was going to do the registration immediately ...I was planning if he could tell me the proccess i will later tell him to hold a space for me butone,even tho he asked if i have the money which i said yes, out of being a kind hearted man he did the registration for me without asking for "proof" of the fund with me or not ....I'm hereby apologizing to Mr lincoffm and Nairaland for my cunning character ... And I will never sit for the exam without paying him. I hope my apology is accepted by him and nairaland as a whole. Pls send me the acct details i will pay into thanks

It is well if you have the bold as part of you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:06am On May 06, 2018
lincoffm:

I am still waiting for Adeish01 to pay for the TOEFL i registered for him. I wont be responsible if you get arrested by the law authorities in Nigeria. I waited patiently enough for you to change your mind and pay honestly

Regards,

No be small thing be this oo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:12am On May 06, 2018
Ogamba1:
Pls I need ur help guys,
My interview date was yesterday and I thought its tomorrow, can I reschedule or I have to pay another visa fee again..... Jus don't know Wat to do at dis time.

Have you login to reschedule since you didn't attend?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:15am On May 06, 2018
gokecont:
hello guys am I abuja right now and I have authenticate my PRI and sec from ministry of edu, but don't the doc to authenticate from foreign affairs?
is it all the documents the I want to present in the embassy I will authenticate ?/pls I need someone direct me.

You can only get it done at ministry of education i think 7th or 9th floor opposite the foreign affair after the car park and road
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:17am On May 06, 2018
Lauli:
HELP!!
Please I am trying to schedule my visa interview appointment on the US visa application site but I'm late and my preferred date is past. Someone advised that I monitor the site and keep reloading the home page to get a preferred date. The problem I have is that this is the 3rd time I am being blocked from the site. The site prevents me from logging in within 48hours and then gives me back the access and after I try reloading the home page for a day or 2 they block me again. I need a date between the end of May and first week of June.
PLEASE IS THERE A TRICK I CAN USE SO I DONT KEEP GETTING BLOCKED AND I GET THE DATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

You were blocked or you exceeded the daily limits for viewing that page. Just wait for after 24 hours you will view the page back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:18am On May 06, 2018
ATnTMartz:
Hello guys, Please I need your assistance.

I have a couple of questions to ask regarding U.S student visa application. NOTE: I am new to the forum;

1. While completing U.S visa application, what should I state as "Address to stay while in the U.S" as a student

2. US Contact Information: I have an older brother in the U.S, is it appropriate to list his information on this

Will be happy to hear your view on this -

More views on this pls

1. Your school address

2, be sincere and honest.. So make that decision yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:24am On May 06, 2018
Femmyfes:
Hello gurus.... How and where can I pay for Sevis fee?

Go to seme border or someone in US make the payment for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:27am On May 06, 2018
Raycupid:
Please house I need an urgent Answer to this, my mum won a visa lottery when I was 9 and listed me and my sibs as travel companions but we didn't get the visa....now that I'm filling my DS-160,in the section that says "have anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf either the US citizenship ***' Do I tick yes or No since I wasn't the principal applicant

funny question but ask the AbujaNIV as for me just be sincere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:28am On May 06, 2018
amos4real:
Good day everyone
Please which type of evaluation am i going to
Do with my HND/ND for graduate study (masters) in USA
there are many option with WES EVALUATION .
1. WES ICAP. $205
2. WES BASIC $164.

PLZ help me with the procedure.

Thanks

Use WES ICAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:30am On May 06, 2018
LagosismyHome:

People of this world...
Justwise coming with his broom in 3 , 2 , 1

Is Justwise APC member since you mentioned his broom and he actually did that.

grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Raycupid: 12:30am On May 06, 2018
Walspring:

funny question but ask the AbujaNIV as for me just be sincere
I want to be sincere that's why I am trying to know if my case falls under that category....and I don't think the thread with the VOs is still active cos lots of questions there without replies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:35am On May 06, 2018
vert007:

Once you log in to your visa application page, click on "update profile" you'll see a part where you can edit your ds-160 confirmation number. You should delete the old one and put the new code you generated and you save it. It takes at least 72hours for it to update tho

If i may ask when last did you use this process because the last time i used it, it doesn't work unless you use provide feedback to contact the embassy and give the the new code for them to do it for you over there..

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.