Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916694 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 2:01am On May 27, 2018
GraceofGodfollo:
This place is so quiet this days. What happened?
Slot for Nigeria students in US has been reduced drastically
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 2:07am On May 27, 2018
dubaiboy1:

Thank you for taking the time out to respond to my post . I've decided to go back to school to improve my business ideas .. I have lots of farmland at my disposal so I figured studying agric business will be a good way improve my farming business.

If that’s the case, university of Agriculture Abeokuta should be ok for you, instead of spending millions of naira on what you can achieve in your door step.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 2:10am On May 27, 2018
itstunice:
Thank you for the informations.

I recently paid for US tourist visa application.
I'm a serving Corps member. I just want to go for vacation during September period that my ppa will be on holiday. I'm financially buoyant to carter for my expenses because I own a personal business here.

Please I need an advise on how to package myself.
What will happen to your monthly clearance ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:51am On May 27, 2018
Geedhey:
please can i get help with pickup for i-20 letter (TAMUK)
Make use of eshipglobal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:53am On May 27, 2018
adedoja99:
Good afternoon everyone. Please I need advise,

I gained admission into Morehouse college, and I've done everything necessary and also scheduled an appointment with the Lagos embassy. The only thing is my school used FedEx to mail my i-20 since 2 weeks ago and I've not received it. But I have a PDF copy the DSO signed and m sent to my email. Can I print that out in case FedEx doesn't deliver in time?

Thank you
You need your original i-20 for interview, no short cut
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Topiipii(m): 4:38am On May 27, 2018
charlyduru:
Good day everyone, please does anyone know where one can do a university level linear algebra and calculus as a friend who is not from a management background wants to go for a management masters degree ?
Perhaps online preferably
www.edx.org or www.coursera.org
I don't know if the school your friend is applying to will take it, but the classes are free.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 6:51am On May 27, 2018
ayopaul84:
Anyone with any useful info on this pls!.
Thanks.

Always eager to get help from the forum. I hope you will give back and post your visa interview transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GraceofGodfollo: 6:55am On May 27, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

Wow.. Seriously
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 7:26am On May 27, 2018
Are You sure about this ? A woman who's a former visa officer on Quora (Kathryn Berck) said there's nothing like Quota for student visas. She said it does exist for visa categories like H1-B.
Ijebuboy525:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 10:07am On May 27, 2018
Quoran:
Are You sure about this ? A woman who's a former visa officer on Quora (Kathryn Berck) said there's nothing like Quota for student visas. She said it does exist for visa categories like H1-B.

There is no quota for students visa. V.O has confirmed this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by UzzyBreeze: 12:41pm On May 27, 2018
[quote author=Ubah1 post=67921236]

There is no quota for students visa. V.O has confirmed this

Kindly explain the purported quota please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:43pm On May 27, 2018
Quoran:

Quota is some thing different

There is a "rumor" because I don't know if it confirmed.

For F1 who have been recently denied / refused visa , when you try to reschedule it blocks you and say no appointment is available. So technically not allowing anyone who has been refused to apply within 6 months

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 1:53pm On May 27, 2018
Yeah. Some can barely get an appointment date yet some others have been interviewed multiple times in a short while. I think that's what they are trying to fix.
LagosismyHome:

For F1 who have been recently denied / refused visa , when you try to reschedule it blocks you and say no appointment is available. So technically not allowing anyone who has been refused to apply within 6 months

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 1:53pm On May 27, 2018
Thanks to all that replied to my post. I guess I'll have to let the DSO know he should prepare another one sharply as my interview is in 2 weeks time cry

One more thing please. Is Morehouse college a well known school? I'm sorry I must ask, cause I don't want to fall into the iglobal and other schools category I've been reading on this thread. Thanks somebody
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 1:53pm On May 27, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Not a rumour. That's the current situation. There is no appointment date for those refused within the last 6months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2018
whyqueu:

Thank you bigwizzy001 , well as regards IITA ..Its only if you know person and the right person will link you up to the person that will give
you the job !! I have always said nothing is impossible ! But you can submit your CV to the HR .

Lastly, Computer science ? Hmmmm , I don't know ooo!

Note: Ignore my grammatic blunder thou !

Thanks so much sir, the few people I know are not that responsible. They don't help outsiders (just their immediate family). Can you please email me your number ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2018
Quoran:
Yeah. Some can barely get an appointment date yet some others have been interviewed multiple times in a short while. I think that's what they are trying to fix.

I think it started on the 18th of may. Those who scheduled earlier didn't encounter such issue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 2:24pm On May 27, 2018
adedoja99:
Thanks to all that replied to my post. I guess I'll have to let the DSO know he should prepare another one sharply as my interview is in 2 weeks time cry

One more thing please. Is Morehouse college a well known school? I'm sorry I must ask, cause I don't want to fall into the iglobal and other schools category I've been reading on this thread. Thanks somebody

Morehouse is a historical black college. I think MLK jr went there. Very good school.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Adesquare1992: 2:29pm On May 27, 2018
Hello Nlanders,
I am a graduate of Philosohy with a CGPA of 3.72. I intend pursuing a master degree in either criminology,or criminal and intelligence Analysis or forensic criminology.I have my unofficial student transcript,Olevel result,Degree certificate and prove of language's proficiency. Aside these documents,nothing else.

I have sent a couple of messages to some schools and hoping to hear from them soonest.
Nlanders,before I hear from them,I need comprehensive information/answers to the following questions:
~list of available schools that offers the aforementioned program at masters level at a very affordable price.
~what other documents are needed aside the aforementioned?
~With regards to my discipline and CGPA, what are my chances of getting a scholarship?
Any other information is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Adesquare1992: 2:31pm On May 27, 2018
Sorry,I didn't include this as well...PLEASE HELP!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 2:54pm On May 27, 2018
TWoods:

Morehouse is a historical black college. I think MLK jr went there. Very good school.

Thank you so much cool cool. I was going to faint if someone said otherwise cause that's what I'm hoping to capitalize on cool cool. I mean MARTIN LUTHER KING Jnr went to my school cool. Sorry for disturbing, I'll just continue with my visa preparation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 3:10pm On May 27, 2018
adedoja99:

Thank you so much cool cool. I was going to faint if someone said otherwise cause that's what I'm hoping to capitalize on cool cool. I mean MARTIN LUTHER KING Jnr went to my school cool. Sorry for disturbing, I'll just continue with my visa preparation

Not to burst your bubble but i'm surprised you didn't know that. Its the very first thing on google when you search the school. Samuel L. Jackson also went there.

It worries me how little research people do when it comes to taking decisions that will affect the rest of their lives. Your VO is likely to know Morehouse college and the fact that MLK Jr. went there. This would have been the simplest question to ask you and you would have flunked it. Then you'll blame your village people for not being able to get a visa.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:10pm On May 27, 2018
Ubah1:

Not a rumour. That's the current situation. There is no appointment date for those refused within the last 6months

That's a drastic step taken by dhs to reduce # of applicants then.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 3:46pm On May 27, 2018
TWoods:

Not to burst your bubble but i'm surprised you didn't know that. Its the very first thing on google when you search the school. Samuel L. Jackson also went there.

It worries me how little research people do when it comes to taking decisions that will affect the rest of their lives. Your VO is likely to know Morehouse college and the fact that MLK Jr. went there. This would have been the simplest question to ask you and you would have flunked it. Then you'll blame your village people for not being able to get a visa.

Ohhh grin grin I know Martin Luther king went to Morehouse college before now and I also know a couple of other great guys went to Morehouse like Samuel. L Jackson, spike Lee, Howard Thurman and the first black mayor of Atlanta Georgia Maynard Jackson. I was just asking to gain perspective of what people think of Morehouse college.

I pray my VO knows Morehouse college and decide not to stress me cool
Thanks boss Twoods, I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2018
Lmao @Twood you no dey like hear village people grin grin grin grin

TWoods:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2018
honestly it is a drastic step and i dont think its fair enough. I will advice that applicants who fall in this category should try booking late at night/midnight,who knows they might just be lucky to get a date ......anyone tried this method?

imperiouxx:

That's a drastic step taken by dhs to reduce # of applicants then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 4:26pm On May 27, 2018
TWoods:

for the first time ever, i am seeing you not condemning a school that ranked 42% overall. this is the version of Twoods i always look forward to see.

once again. i'm impressed bro. i will love to see more of this twoods version grin cheesy cheesy

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 4:42pm On May 27, 2018
lasthero:

for the first time ever, i am seeing you not condemning a school that ranked 42% overall. this is the version of Twoods i always look forward to see.

once again. i'm impressed bro. i will love to see more of this twoods version grin cheesy cheesy

Brother smiley Morehouse has that reputation not because of ranking, but because of what she has been able to produce. Let's leave MLK jnr and other guys out of this. Do you know that Morehouse college with 42% ranking as you say currently tie with HARVARD university in producing black male Rhodes scholars?? You know what that is?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 5:14pm On May 27, 2018
adedoja99:

Brother smiley Morehouse has that reputation not because of ranking, but because of what she has been able to produce. Let's leave MLK jnr and other guys out of this. Do you know that Morehouse college with 42% ranking as you say currently tie with HARVARD university in producing black male Rhodes scholars?? You know what that is?

your head is complete my brother.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2018
Good evening my people, I need your help on this gurus. I was denied b1/b2 visa last year which makes me to have a login detail. So I want to schedule my appointment now but I don't know the email address I used then, please what can I do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:55pm On May 27, 2018
Sorelee:
honestly it is a drastic step and i dont think its fair enough. I will advice that applicants who fall in this category should try booking late at night/midnight,who knows they might just be lucky to get a date ......anyone tried this method?

I have tried it o. I even sleep on the site. No date for over a week now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:58pm On May 27, 2018
yuscodguy:
Good evening my people, I need your help on this gurus. I was denied b1/b2 visa last year which makes me to have a login detail. So I want to schedule my appointment now but I don't know the email address I used then, please what can I do.

Try to create another account. Once you link your passport number and date of birth, your old account will pop up

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.