Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (918859 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Am trying to schedule an appointment. I was once denied visa in the past. Please how do I go about the Ds-160 form. Am I to fill a new one or just use the barcode of the previous Ds-160 barcode I used previously . Please house guild me through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello guys, how do I pay my sevis fee. I have been to different banks to western union but they seem not to be sure if I can do that. Any ideas please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jayfun123: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
Positivity101:
Hello guys, how do I pay my sevis fee. I have been to different banks to western union but they seem not to be sure if I can do that. Any ideas please?

Go to seme boarder and pay it....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
I don't fully understand what you mean o but am in Enugu
jayfun123:

Go to seme boarder and pay it....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mayd16(m): 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
Positivity101:

Call me 08160157061 i will tell you how i did mine without going to seme.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2018
Positivity101:

just tell someone here to pay for you.

you can pm walspring

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DogCynophile(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Since they are both his account... I would say this is very ok

Oh okay, thanks... God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jayfun123: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
Positivity101:

yes u can pm walspring to pay for u..if u can go to seme
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abid4akin(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

.. honestly what's with the listing of companies, like this is your primary 6 graduation speech of what you want to be in future grin grin. A degree in manufacturing engineering is most likely to give you grounded theoretical and practical knowledge in the major engineering disciplines; from the study of classical and mathematical control theory, to electric machines and power systems, to optimization and financial management, you're sure to be prepared to hop on to whatever engineering field interests you as you go along in life. so probably as a lover of all thing tech, you can yap about how a degree in MFGE is the only thing that can clear the fear of missing out on all the interesting fields of engineering.

a alittle cheesy grin, and that's because you're going to be an undergrad, in a very general engineering program, so the whole talk about research, and one personal instructor may sound like a rehearsed lie, because, it's probably one very depressed PhD student standing as TA that will tutor you grin grin. There's nothing wrong about bragging with the school, but don't go overboard, by calling US (except of course you're going to MIT or CALTECH). A simple ".. TXST has professors with active industry aligned research, whose experience they will be bringing to the classroom, aided with the cool 3D prinitng, mechatronic and robotics equipment which would most definitely be FUN!! money's worth.." cheesy

... enough with the inspirational speech people grin. a simple "... Jobs are changing and disappearing quickly, and having a degree in MFGE is sure to make whatever career transitions i'd make after starting out with industrial 3D modelling and printing seamless" cheesy

Hmm.. Thanks so much @EZEIGBO1OFIMO, nna ehn, you're just too much.. Nice corrections I'll address them
However, I'm for MSc in MFGE not bachelors.

I need more scrutiny from everyone in the house

Best regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by martAKINOLA(m): 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
knash1:
Am trying to schedule an appointment. I was once denied visa in the past. Please how do I go about the Ds-160 form. Am I to fill a new one or just use the barcode of the previous Ds-160 barcode I used previously . Please house guild me through.

You can start a new one it doesn't matter, just make sure the new one tallies with what you are going to do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
Positivity101:

Pm @Walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shayhune: 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
Bosses in this house, please which car insurance is the cheapest to get here in the US as a student?

cc imperiouxx, walspring, twoods, femi312, oludare01, lagosismyhome, theamerican, folmus and other bosses wink.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayoola222: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
Good day, I have just received my I-20 from Grand Valley State University. My admission is for fall semester of 2018 which is suppose to start in August. I want to know if I can get visa appointment date for first or second week in July?
Prompt response will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Ayoola222:
Good day, I have just received my I-20 from Grand Valley State University. My admission is for fall semester of 2018 which is suppose to start in August. I want to know if I can get visa appointment date for first or second week in July?
Prompt response will be appreciated.

I think if you choose the Abuja consulate. For the Lagos consulate, No.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
SuperDuper12:
Good Morning Nairalanders,
I want the Gurus in the house to please unravel this mind-boggling question for me.

I'm 40 years old - single .
I finished my BSc in 2004. And will finish a professional masters in education from a university in Nigeria in July this year.

I have been working with a state government as a teacher for over 10 years . I just secured an admission to US university for Masters physics.

How can I proof my ties to my country?

Go and marry a beautiful lady if you are a man or you marry a handsome guy if you are a lady and start having children. With your spouse and kids, you can prove your ties grin grin. Your job is part of your economic ties. Is your job guaranteed? Prove that at the embassy.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
MyAmericandream:
ok, send me a mail to l, coz I have even tried sending you a mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
@ Stella91, Jumybecks and blessedmumi

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
shayhune:
Bosses in this house, please which car insurance is the cheapest to get here in the US as a student?

I live in an accident prone city and Geico seems cheap for me. Where you live, your age, martial status, age of license, driving record, how much you drive, car safety system, all determine what you pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stella91: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2018
@blessesmumi , have you booked your flight yet ? , I'm thinking if I should wait for the passport to arrive or book to avoid high flight cost .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
Stella91:
@blessesmumi , have you booked your flight yet ? , I'm thinking if I should wait for the passport to arrive or book to avoid high flight cost .

I never book yet...I think it's safe to get the passport before booking. I sent you a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
OK. I will sure do that. Thanks
nelem:

just tell someone here to pay for you.

you can pm walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
OK I will do that. Thanks.
folmus:

Pm @Walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2018
blessedmumi:

I never book yet...I think it's safe to get the passport before booking. I sent you a PM.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aphyz2709: 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
Libber:

Visa Approved on Thursday

Thanks to sirRiddy, Ponpon, Chidindo, Ojah, Walspring and a lot of people I don't know their moniker.Nairaland has really help my life,
CGPA (3.22/5), (WES 3.02/4), GRE below 300 ( very embarrassing,but my job didn't allow me read)

TOEFL - 84 ( didn't use it)

Masters in Mathematics-
Schools applied to
Etsu- Admitted (Got 50% scholarship, the dept cord said I should rewrite for an assistantship)

Tennessee tech uni- Admitted ( TA is filled, but got a mail to notify me of an RA in July)

Mtsu- Rejected
Uni of Idaho- Rejected
Georgia southern uni- Accepted with GTA, full tuition waiver and stipend

Youngstown state uni- Accepted but because of cgpa, they said I need to fund myself for the fall, then a GA in spring if I perform well in fall

Eastern Kentucky uni- Based on my rappor with the dept cord she is always mailing me to apply that she will offer me GA, but I didn't complete the application.

Advice
Don't feel discourage because you don't have a ground breaking profile, this year I saw people with a 2.2 below 3.0 with a GRE below 310 getting full funding , a cgpa of 2.58 got full funding, mail profs, do ur research well,the sky will always be our starting point.

Thank you Nairaland

Congratulations @Libber.

Your story is quite inspiring and the advice couldn't have been better stated. This would surely go a long way to encourage people. Once again, congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by interndoctor: 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hi house. Please can I use a foreign statement of account of my brother who is a US citizen. He is providing assistance for my school program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
Much greetings to you all.
SAT - 850
TOEFL - 70
undergraduate degree

Please I need advise... If am good to go with this my test score to my interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beeodun: 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
qdamilola:

You can pay your WES fees using ur MasterCard. I paid mine using GTBank MasterCard

Really? Was it not showing you provinces in Canada (that can’t rven be modified)? Plus it’s clearly showing Credit (not debit card)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
@Walspring, please can I pm you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gudnews212: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello, my people.
I have done my research based on the university that is good in Ph.D. Electrical Engineering in the USA and I have chosen the following university: (1)University of Texas- Austin
(2)Purdue University-west Lafayette
(3)Missouri University of Science and Technology
(4)University of California-Irvine
(5)West Virginia University.
please, I need the house advice on this and also I need some material for GRE, I plan to take the exam by October. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
Bettertomorrow1:
Much greetings to you all.
SAT - 850
TOEFL - 70
undergraduate degree

Please I need advise... If am good to go with this my test score to my interview.

how many schools gave you admission ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

how many schools gave you admission ?

I applied to 4 schools..., got admission from 2 schools. so I didn't continue with the other application process...

What is your advice on this..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2018
@stella91 please I sent you a DM don't know if you saw it, I want to ask you a few questions about your AP please. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.