Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,001 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (925076 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aragon2xl: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello house....my friend got this letter from his agent saying his work permit has been approved??

Comments please

1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stella91: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
nosagiez:
is a current account, a company account not a savings account, you don't expect money to be there dormant on a current account that receive 12M every month.

Please I need people that have been on administrative processing to tell me how long they stayed before the collected there Visa.
v

@nosagiez , samething happened to me , though mine was in Lagos, had my interview on Friday, i was placed on AP , but just checked this evening and it changed to issued . , so I can say it takes 3 -4 working days , just hang in there , there s nothing to worry about , they aren't checking the balance just the authenticity of the account state ment you submitted , mine was a company account too and the money left was definitely not what was there when I printed the statement, it just had go be a busy account I guess.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
nosagiez:
. Is a BIG lie. They only check if the account is authentic. They don't check for balance outside the one stated on the statement. The reason for my question is that I want to know how soon I will collect my Visa.
the reason the embassy cares to ask for account statement is to know if you can afford to undertake the journey which the F1 will grant you grin grin. besides, you asked for opinions, and now you're answering yourself grin grin grin grin. I'm not a VO or member of staff of the US embassy, so nothing I say or feel matters cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
theamerican:

Just seeing this. It's nothing. Different opinions don't mean people are fighting or can't stand each other. We've both moved on. It's a free forum where anybody is free to say anything as long as the forum rules aren't broken. smiley

I call out dumb logic and close-mindedness. In the end, everybody is ok.
It's great to know you guys have moved on. Cheers!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
Stella91:
v

@nosagiez , samething happened to me , though mine was in Lagos, had my interview on Friday, i was placed on AP , but just checked this evening and it changed to issued . , so I can say it takes 3 -4 working days , just hang in there is nothing yo worry about , they aren't checking the balance just the authenticity of the account state ment you submitted , mine was a company account too and the money left was definitely not what was there when I printed the statement, it just had go be a busy account I guess.

And who said they don't check bal. Did you move everything from the account? To me i think they check both... looking at how canada processes their own. Assuming its 2m or 3m that's left, its understandable. 8m to 99k... hmmm. Am not a v.o, all the best to him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by princeGee23: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
Okay

V.o so why this particular one ?
Me: Apart from the fact that west chester uni has an mph programme that is ceph accredited, i wanted to say what ceph means so she cut me short, and said i should continue, i'm more intrested in its well established mph multidisciplinary curriculum that focus on problem solving researches and professional development, additionally i will, then she cut me short
: V.o: we have lots of people today, so dont mind me cutting u

Check out your response above, I feel you should arrange your point from the strongest point to the weak once always, Your two points
above are not really strong enough for the question and you already made two statement before she cut you and gave u the excuse of lot of people.

just arrange your point always and practice them

yellowman91:
Ok , noted, which other two questions did i fail to answer well so i can correct my errors well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by elkiddo: 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
elkiddo:
Hey guys I need your help. A friend of mine got denied this morning because he didn’t show strong ties to Nigeria. He applied to Troy university Alabama, computer science, fall semester 2018.

Please how can he improve to better his chances for his next interview. Here’s his transcript

1.)i was asked how many universities I apply to

And I replied saying just Troy

2.) she asked me why I applied to just Troy

And I told her that I considered the fact that I wanted to enter school by this
summer and by the time I had done all the required exams most of the colleges admission portal has been closed so Troy was recommended to me by my dad and I did a little bit of home work on the school and found out that it was a great fit for me

3)she asked me if I took the required exams

And then asked for my sat result

4) then she asked me why I chose computer science to be my major

And I told her that ever since I was little I’ve always had passion for computers and innovative technology,and over the years as I grew older so did my passion for technology
Also,computer science is a vast area of opportunity. I can either become a tech preneur father my computer science education,specialization,certifications and gaining some work experience through internships

Or I can work for some of the top tech companies in Nigeria like ibm,google,Microsoft

Lastly I feel Nigeria is going to be a technology power houses someday through hard work determination and talent and I personally want to be one of the major contributors to Nigeria’s technological advancements

5.)she asked me what courses I’ll be doing in the university and how that will help me reach my goal
And I said I’ll be doing the General courses line math English and my main courses like physics computer science and programming then I said it would be a huge advantage to me if I study them in the USA given that the USA is the leading tech country in the world

6.) she asked me if I had any relatives in the USA or in Canada

And I said no

Then she told me the reason why she won’t issue the visa to which is because I didn’t show enough ties to my country.

Thanks for your help in advance

Anyone please

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DogCynophile(m): 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Lovely!
Can we rub mind?

Sure thing bro, gotten your I-20 from the school? And what program you going for ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ubah1:

And who said they don't check bal. Did you move everything from the account? To me i think they check both... looking at how canada processes their own. Assuming its 2m or 3m that's left, its understandable. 8m to 99k... hmmm. Am not a v.o, all the best to him

Hi bro, I don’t think they have the authorization to probe for someone’s account balance, it’s against the bank fiduciary duties/responsibilities, in my opinion they can only check if the account is legit.

And according to CBN as a bank customer, you have the right to privacy and confidentiality. But na Naija sha anything fit happen.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abid4akin(m): 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 11:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yes I applied to only 1 school and I did not sit for any test. I was still in the process of applying to other schools and my admission came out. Is there a way they can verify if I say I applied to 2 or 3 schools during the interview?
adedoja99:

If you applied to just a school and you probably did not sit for any test, it might affect
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:44am On Jun 13, 2018
ajokeomopupa:
Hello goodmorning,, please what is the next thing to do if one's interview date falls on a public holiday.. inter Scheduled for monday and the muslim holiday also is fridy and monday.thankz

The embassy will contact you with what to do and precisely a new date will be given to you to schedule

Sometimes embassy honour one day of the holiday if FG declared two days public holiday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Coloniel5000:
walspring please can I PM you.... I need your help..

Go ahead sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:54am On Jun 13, 2018
jonbounce:
Please, you guys are really doing a great job.
How long does it take to get your passport back after approval?

it depend but minimum of 3 days and maximum of unknown. grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:55am On Jun 13, 2018
Damakboy:
hustling oo

Nah so... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:58am On Jun 13, 2018
aragon2xl:
Hello house....my friend got this letter from his agent saying his work permit has been approved??

Comments please

We are still in June why is the letter carrying the month of July 25th, 2018?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:05am On Jun 13, 2018
YoungTesla:

Hi bro, I don’t think they have the authorization to probe for someone’s account balance, it’s against the bank fiduciary duties/responsibilities, in my opinion they can only check if the account is legit.

And according to CBN as a bank customer, you have the right to privacy and confidentiality. But na Naija sha anything fit happen.

The don't even stress themselves on what you posted.

Account can be legit and still be said to be fake.

Embassy only asked bank a cool question which is very simple and bank only reply with YES or NO with little note on it if needed

Don't let us be surprise maybe sooner or later when embassy will ask you to tell your bank to send the bank statement to them officially as if you want to evaluate your transcript via WES grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:08am On Jun 13, 2018
adedoja99:
Please someone!! What time is it advisable to go pick up my passport ? And what documents do I need to pick it up?

Thanks

You can go following day during working hours after you have been sent email or text message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:08am On Jun 13, 2018
Matty91:

Go with your white paper and any other ID.

Only the white paper can save him if no ID card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:10am On Jun 13, 2018
doublezero7:

Tell the VO the truth sir. Nothing but the truth please.

All the best! smiley

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:10am On Jun 13, 2018
Positivity101:
Please I only applied to 1 school. I hope this will not affect me negatively during my visa interview. Any ideas?

Combination of YES and No
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:12am On Jun 13, 2018
To all those who sent me proposed interview questions and answers, please bear with me because my schedules are tight and i need to meet my target plans before the end of the first half of this year and second half is starting soon. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:13am On Jun 13, 2018
LearnAndObey:
Hello, my sponsor will be presenting his Company's account to me.

He's my Uncle (different surname).

Is there any problem that might occur with this?

Secondly, is there any documents I should take along to back this up?

Lagosismyhome, Twoods, Walspring, Imperiouss and other gurus

Using his statement is not bad, just be ready to explain to VO why he is your sponsor.

Go with all documents it wont kill you when you carry it. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LearnAndObey: 1:15am On Jun 13, 2018
DogCynophile:

Sure thing bro, gotten your I-20 from the school?
Answer: NO
And what program you going for ?
Information Systems, and no, I haven't gotten my i-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:22am On Jun 13, 2018
nosagiez:
. Is a BIG lie. They only check if the account is authentic. They don't check for balance outside the one stated on the statement. The reason for my question is that I want to know how soon I will collect my Visa.

How can you say this for a fact.. . Only someone who works in the visa checking team can say this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Stella91:
v

@nosagiez , samething happened to me , though mine was in Lagos, had my interview on Friday, i was placed on AP , but just checked this evening and it changed to issued . , so I can say it takes 3 -4 working days , just hang in there , there s nothing to worry about , they aren't checking the balance just the authenticity of the account state ment you submitted , mine was a company account too and the money left was definitely not what was there when I printed the statement, it just had go be a busy account I guess.

To be honest.... the fact yours was not an issue doesn't mean it won't be an issue for the next . Nobody can be sure what exactly is been checked . I think they might not check balance after printed date but it all speculative . Only the embassy team knows

Yours took 3 to 4 days ... I know someone here who we pm for a while. His AP took months .. Sure they might work to turn things around so there is no backlog and people can resume school but I don't think there a time frame
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:36am On Jun 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

To be honest.... the fact yours was not an issue doesn't mean it won't be an issue for the next . Nobody can be sure what exactly is been checked . I think they might not check balance after printed date but it all speculative . Only the embassy team knows

Yours took 3 to 4 days ... I know someone here who we pm for a while. His AP took months .. Sure they might work to turn things around so there is no backlog and people can resume school but I don't think there a time frame

@bold is the outcome negative or positive?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:38am On Jun 13, 2018
Walspring:

@bold is the outcome negative or positive?

It was positive but admission had to be defereed to another semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:47am On Jun 13, 2018
LagosismyHome:

It was positive but admission had to be defereed to another semester.

Correct!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 3:40am On Jun 13, 2018
aragon2xl:

Comments please
I really don't like the feeling I'm getting....
Is it okay for it to have that stuff written across the page though....like a sample copy or something?? undecided

My dear whatever you can't do for yourself, I believe you should let go (in travel).

Stay away from all travel agents, they have absolutely NOTHING to offer you. They don't care about you and your travel, they care only about your hard earned money.... Oh! And how to get it!! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: Adedoyinabiola and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.