Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (918579 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
aamstih:
Someone had mentioned Sappers hotel in Bonny camp, he said it is 15mins walk from the embassy.

All the best.

Thank a lot bro and I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Amme018: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
Nahum777:
He refused to tell us the price per night. That guy is something else. He purposely refused to reply my messages to him here just because I criticized his transcript. It's crazy. From what I know you have to pay $33 per night. That's quite pricey.

I know of one 'Famous Guest House' at Lawson Street in Obalande (get a bike at Obalende bus stop to take you there at #100). It was 4k per night as at last December. It is not a classy one, but you can comfortably rest your head till morning time. In the morning, you will see Keke riders shouting 'Adeola Odeku' at the front of the guest house, board one and stop at Walter Carrington Crescent junction for #100

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jola17: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
Please is there anyone here currently studying in Cleveland state University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kirusky4life(f): 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
Good day house. Happy Sunday to you all.
Below is my proposed transcript. My interview is this week.
Please review and make corrections.

Me: Good Morning (smiling and maintaining an eye - contact with him)

V.O: Good morning

V.O: Pass your passport and i20

Me: I did

V.O: Where are you going to?

Me: I am going to pursue my graduate studies in Computer science at Texas A&M University commerce.

V.O: How did you hear about TAMUC:

Me: I was doing a research for a school that offers database administration as an option in computer science, then TAMUC was one of the schools I came across. Then I settled for it after my personal research about the school and its curriculum in computer science

V.O: Which other school did you applied to and how many admitted you?

Me: I applied to Tamuc, Mtsu and Illinois state university. Tamuc and MTSU admitted me

V.O: Why Tamuc over MTSU?

Me: Computer science dept in Tamuc provides flexible and dynamic curriculum which aligns with my career goal. The department offers internship opportunities which provides the students with practical experience and better prepare them for a wide variety of career options in IT industry. I was also awarded a scholarship of $1000 which also qualifies me for in-state-tuition. The department also enjoys strong relationship with industry players that enable students to discover and solve real world problems. Finally the school is also affordable when compared to MTSU.

V.O: Why Computer science?

Me: I ve always being a tech savvy person. I discovered during my undergraduate studies that my strength and motivation lies in the field of computing. I developed a penchant for programming during this time. It has become something am very passionate about. This program will help me solidify my knowledge and give me the ability to design and implement secured database across multiple domains.

V.O: Why do you want to study in the USA?

Me: The US education systems have been deemed the best amongst all others and they are well known for quality education and excellent IT innovation skills, Moreover, I will be benefitting immensely from its excellent research facilities.

V.O: Tell me about your study plan.

Me: I'd be required to complete 31credit hours in 28months. 16credit hours of core courses, 3credit hours of Electives, 6credit hours of specialized courses and 6 credit hours of research thesis. The core courses include Advance Database, Fundamental of programming, Software analysis and design Computer architecture, Operating system Compiler design and the likes. These courses will enable me develop the necessary technical skills to design and build a sustainable and secured database system that can be applied in business world and also impart on others who wish to acquire practical knowledge in this field.

V.O: What will this degree do for you?

Me: My career goal is to be a lecturer and an administrator in the field of database. Upon completion of my studies, I would return to Nigeria to take up a lecturing job in one of the universities in Nigeria because I have passion for impacting knowledge. On a long term goal, setup an IT skill acquisition centre for Nigerian youths who wish to gain practical knowledge in IT industry.

V.O: Tell me about your academic background
Me: I graduated from federal polytechnic Nekede in 2014 with HND in computer science, first class honour.

V.O: What you been doing?

Me: I went for the compulsory NYSC program from 2015 to 2016, after that, I started teaching Computer studies, Data processing and Mathematics at Seat of Wisdom Model school Delta state till date.

V.O: who is paying for your studies?

Me. My Uncle

V.O: What does he do?

Me: He is a major supplier of Total lubricant and Engine Oil. He also supplies kiddies diaper to retailers.

V.O: Why is he paying much for your studies?

Me: He lived with us when he was serving my father for over 7 years. When my dad had problems with his
business, he has being the one paying for my studies.

V.O: Any standard text?

Me. Yes. TOEFL and GRE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
tactmayor:
Please guys, I need your advice on this. I am considering applying to these schools for PhD in Civil Engineering (Environmental Engineering major) direct from BSc:

Virginia Tech Uni (top 30)
Uni of Pittsburg (top 40)
Uni of Missouri (top 90)
Stevens Institute of Tech (top 70)
Uni of South Carolina (top 100)
North Carolina a&t state Uni (top 150)

Your advice on other schools with this profile is welcomed. Thanks.

GPA-3.70/4.00
GRE- 158 Q, 151 V
3 researches, none published yet.
If I were you I will take off the last two schools on that list. Your aim should be tier 1 schools. Secondly, I don't think VT allows direct Phd, at least for there structures group. It might be different for environmental but make sure you check.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kirusky4life:
Good day house. Happy Sunday to you all.
Below is my proposed transcript. My interview is this week.
Please review and make corrections.

Me: Good Morning (smiling and maintaining an eye - contact with him)

V.O: Good morning

V.O: Pass your passport and i20

Me: I did

V.O: Where are you going to?

Me: I am going to pursue my graduate studies in Computer science at Texas A&M University commerce.

V.O: How did you hear about TAMUC:

Me: I was doing a research for a school that offers database administration as an option in computer science, then TAMUC was one of the schools I came across. Then I settled for it after my personal research about the school and its curriculum in computer science

V.O: Which other school did you applied to and how many admitted you?

Me: I applied to Tamuc, Mtsu and Illinois state university. Tamuc and MTSU admitted me

V.O: Why Tamuc over MTSU?

Me: Computer science dept in Tamuc provides flexible and dynamic curriculum which aligns with my career goal. The department offers internship opportunities which provides the students with practical experience and better prepare them for a wide variety of career options in IT industry. I was also awarded a scholarship of $1000 which also qualifies me for in-state-tuition. The department also enjoys strong relationship with industry players that enable students to discover and solve real world problems. Finally the school is also affordable when compared to MTSU.

V.O: Why Computer science?

Me: I ve always being a tech savvy person. I discovered during my undergraduate studies that my strength and motivation lies in the field of computing. I developed a penchant for programming during this time. It has become something am very passionate about. This program will help me solidify my knowledge and give me the ability to design and implement secured database across multiple domains.

V.O: Why do you want to study in the USA?

Me: The US education systems have been deemed the best amongst all others and they are well known for quality education and excellent IT innovation skills, Moreover, I will be benefitting immensely from its excellent research facilities.

V.O: Tell me about your study plan.

Me: I'd be required to complete 31credit hours in 28months. 16credit hours of core courses, 3credit hours of Electives, 6credit hours of specialized courses and 6 credit hours of research thesis. The core courses include Advance Database, Fundamental of programming, Software analysis and design Computer architecture, Operating system Compiler design and the likes. These courses will enable me develop the necessary technical skills to design and build a sustainable and secured database system that can be applied in business world and also impart on others who wish to acquire practical knowledge in this field.

V.O: What will this degree do for you?

Me: My career goal is to be a lecturer and an administrator in the field of database. Upon completion of my studies, I would return to Nigeria to take up a lecturing job in one of the universities in Nigeria because I have passion for impacting knowledge. On a long term goal, setup an IT skill acquisition centre for Nigerian youths who wish to gain practical knowledge in IT industry.

V.O: Tell me about your academic background
Me: I graduated from federal polytechnic Nekede in 2014 with HND in computer science, first class honour.

V.O: What you been doing?

Me: I went for the compulsory NYSC program from 2015 to 2016, after that, I started teaching Computer studies, Data processing and Mathematics at Seat of Wisdom Model school Delta state till date.

V.O: who is paying for your studies?

Me. My Uncle

V.O: What does he do?

Me: He is a major supplier of Total lubricant and Engine Oil. He also supplies kiddies diaper to retailers.

V.O: Why is he paying much for your studies?

Me: He lived with us when he was serving my father for over 7 years. When my dad had problems with his
business, he has being the one paying for my studies.

V.O: Any standard text?

Me. Yes. TOEFL and GRE

Please work on your 'why CS?'

Also, why your uncle is paying

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
Amme018:

I know of one 'Famous Guest House' at Lawson Street in Obalande (get a bike at Obalende bus stop to take you there at #100). It was 4k per night as at last December. It is not a classy one, but you can comfortably rest your head till morning time. In the morning, you will see Keke riders shouting 'Adeola Odeku' at the front of the guest house, board one and stop at Walter Carrington Crescent junction for #100
Thanks man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
imperiouxx:

They will see your wedding ring, know your wife and still tell you they are going to get you one day. This is America.

Lol..that ring is even an invitation letter for them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
LoladeCA:
Hello house... Please I have some questions, I was able to secure my form i-20 from lincoln university and lecture is to start on the 15th of next month.
I'm still waiting for my TOEFL result but I'm yet to pay for sevis and book my appointment. Please house I want to know if I can still meet up with that date?...
And also I want to know the steps to booking appointment. and my course is 4 years and my passport expires next year October, hope my passport is valid for visa application because I read it somewhere that your passport's expiry date should be six month ahead of your length of stay. I need advice on how to make things work within this time frame. Please help a sister out. Thanks

Please house.. Respond to this. E dakun e help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kingksb(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kingksb:
Hello everyone... I have been here for quite a long time reading almost everything been posted here but I never posted anything until today...I got an admission at UMKC(University of Missouri Kansas City) using my school transcript only with an essay I wrote and was admitted for Language Training first stating that student not yet proficient in English before I can apply for my course of choice and go on with it... though I'm graduating from high school July 28th and my interview is on 30th July at Abuja's embassy and waec hasn't released my result yet...so my question is that hope the waec result won't affect me at the embassy that's if is not out by then....secondly graduating July 28th and going to the embassy July 30th won't be a problem to me right as I intend to continue with my studies immediately after graduating from high school..classes starts 20 August.. Please work on this as it will really be of help to me.....thanks so much.
No one has worked on my questions cry please I need your help everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
femi312:
If I were you I will take off the last two schools on that list. Your aim should be tier 1 schools. Secondly, I don't think VT allows direct Phd, at least for there structures group. It might be different for environmental but make sure you check.

Ok bro, thanks. Any other suggestions on schools you think I should include?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tunapawizzy: 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2018
LoladeCA:

Ur passport is valid for visa application. And since u have ur I20 already u may go ahead n pay ur sevis fee , visa fee and fill ur ds 160 ( u don't have to submit until u r sure of what u filled)...den use ur application ID from ds 160 to book appointment....time isn't on ur side. Since ur resumption is August 15 try and get a date before 6th ...it might take a few days to get ur passport after approval

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kingksb:
You can go on with your visa interview. It won't hurt, your TOEFL result would be out before the interview so you can use that. Your graduation date from high school has nothing to do with your interview. You'd tell the VO you finished from high school this year. Standardized test? Yes, TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2018
LoladeCA:

Pay your SEVIS, you can check the available dates for interviews and check late into the night for dates that might be nearer.

You can renew your passport in the US
Kingksb:
You can go on with your visa interview. It won't hurt, your TOEFL result would be out before the interview so you can use that. Your graduation date from high school has nothing to do with your interview. You'd tell the VO you finished from high school this year. Standardized test? Yes, TOEFL.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
learner007:

In the final DS-160 that led to my visa approval, I wrote the line below:

"Based on my personal reflection, I guess I was not able to sufficiently demonstrate to the consular officer that I qualified for the class of visa I had applied for. Hence, I was issued a 214B"

The above response was just the absolute truth in my case. It isn't prescriptive, but can only serve as just a little guide. Be creative about your response. May you find FAVOUR!

Can you help with the questions the VO asked you. Did he ask you why your first interview was denied during the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jola17: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
Please house is there anyone currently studying at Cleveland state University here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
Good evening everyone, my interview appointment is 7 am. Please what time latest should I arrive at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
7. Am grin
VECOH1:
Good evening everyone, my interview appointment is 7 am. Please what time latest should I arrive at the embassy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by enthusiasm: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
There's Sappers lodge inside Bonny camp for 7k. It's 15 mins walk to the embassy. You can try checking for cheaper ones on booking.com.
Good luck!

banji001:
Please is there anyone in the house that have idea of any close hotels around Walter carrigton or near there, I need the cheap once that I could just spend a night pleSe

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kingksb(m): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
Olalekank:

thanks so much olalekank I really do appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ferdinandurian(m): 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
[quote author=banji001 post=69388504]
Dm me I may accommodate you if you like. I live close to the embassy...near bonny camp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ferdinandurian(m): 11:10pm On Jul 15, 2018
Dm me I may accommodate you if you like. I live close to the embassy..near bonny camp
banji001:
Please is there anyone in the house that have idea of any close hotels around Walter carrigton or near there, I need the cheap once that I could just spend a night pleSe

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kingksb:
Hello everyone... I have been here for quite a long time reading almost everything been posted here but I never posted anything until today...I got an admission at UMKC(University of Missouri Kansas City) using my school transcript only with an essay I wrote and was admitted for Language Training first stating that student not yet proficient in English before I can apply for my course of choice and go on with it... though I'm graduating from high school July 28th and my interview is on 30th July at Abuja's embassy and waec hasn't released my result yet...so my question is that hope the waec result won't affect me at the embassy that's if is not out by then....secondly graduating July 28th and going to the embassy July 30th won't be a problem to me right as I intend to continue with my studies immediately after graduating from high school..classes starts 20 August.. Please work on this as it will really be of help to me.....thanks so much.

If I can understand you well, you were saying you were admitted for ESL because you don't have any english proficient test? Also you don't have a waec result yet. This your case is weak at the embassy. By the time you go for your interview, your highest degree/certificate would be primary school leaving certificate. Question, what course do you plan to study after esl? Since you've not finished your high school, why not slow down, get your waec certificate in hand, get your toefl and sat done and apply for a bs degree, even if it's going to be in the same school? ESL doesn't cut it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
tunapawizzy:

Ur passport is valid for visa application. And since u have ur I20 already u may go ahead n pay ur sevis fee , visa fee and fill ur ds 160 ( u don't have to submit until u r sure of what u filled)...den use ur application ID from ds 160 to book appointment....time isn't on ur side. Since ur resumption is August 15 try and get a date before 6th ...it might take a few days to get ur passport after approval

Thanks a lot... I really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
Olalekank:

Pay your SEVIS, you can check the available dates for interviews and check late into the night for dates that might be nearer.

You can renew your passport in the US

Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Predstan: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2018
Is it advisable to apply for Spring semester considering funding availability. I want to start application by august and I am looking at some schools to apply for spring session but I noticed that Fall peeps got scholarship more than spring... And I've not seen a fully funded TAship for spring session so far
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tizzdi(m): 1:07am On Jul 16, 2018
Danielaz5:
Bachelor's degree: SAT 1370 GPA 3.62.
With a good SAT score (1270 upwards )you could qualify for their Full scholarship. Regarding Graduate scholarships I don't know but you can always check the schools website
bro good day ..quick question..are u going as an undergrad?..or grad?..cus i see u stating gpa am confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:13am On Jul 16, 2018
Predstan:
Is it advisable to apply for Spring semester considering funding availability. I want to start application by august and I am looking at some schools to apply for spring session but I noticed that Fall peeps got scholarship more than spring... And I've not seen a fully funded TAship for spring session so far

Because spring is like '2nd semester'. New session begins in fall and funding allocation is done in fall. I don't know about other schools but I was able to carry my fall funding to spring after I deferred.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.