Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916878 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afroxyz: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
wisepluto:
Who knows anyone writing GRE soon. I have a fantastic Princeton material that helped me a great deal. Will give it out for free, though it cost me some dough when I got it.

Please send to chikasco@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Wande15(f): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hi good evening everyone. I've been a silent follower and can't wait to share my approval. Please how long do I have to wait to get a response after applying for an emergency appointment ? And will I be given a date or asked to choose from the available dates??
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
Wande15:
Hi good evening everyone. I've been a silent follower and can't wait to share my approval. Please how long do I have to wait to get a response after applying for an emergency appointment ? And will I be given a date or asked to choose from the available dates??
Thanks

I think its 24 - 48 hours, and you will be asked to choose from available dates..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kirusky4life(f): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
Wande15:
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
kfrosh:
You can never know you got banned. You virtually get same code.

Get informed!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
Danielaz5:
Those black V.O's cut you short when you're saying "I did an Extensive Research through....." because they have heard it so many times undecided undecided undecided. When I went for Education USA the younger one said it that most students that are interviewed come with same exact reason which she has heard somewhere. She even said she's heard all types of answers but deny students because she feels the reasons are not personal. So if you're asked why this school If you have funding let it out quick, if you have any thing that differs from a normal student's admission let it out first then continue with the rankings or research.

At a time it used to be along the lines of faculty to student ratio, now it's 'extensive research...'. They know. Some of them even come here and can easily pinpoint you with your 'proposed transcripts' smiley Nothing sounds more genuine than actually thinking deeply about why you are applying to a school and then finding a proper and convincing way to communicate this to the VO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Wande15(f): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
tolatof:

I think its 24 - 48 hours, and you will be asked to choose from available dates..
Okay thanks. Please I don't mind getting mock interviews from you, can I send you a message pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tohlou(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
I have been a silent reader here since January that I started putting in my applications and also wrote the GRE and well didn’t do well that much but regardless I still got admitted into all the schools I applied to.
Thanks to the people I have reached out to here and they attended to me, most in particular Aanexplus’s God bless you brother for all the advice and corrections which all ended in success, you’re much appreciated boss.

Interview was on Friday 13th July 2018, prior to that day I remember the fear and emotional roller coaster the preparation was but few days to the interview proper the confidence came after several coaching from My PFL Ideas people amazing guys really and also fasting and prayer without ceasing.

Got to the embassy for 6am waited till 20mins to 7 for my 7am interview, I was bold,courageous and optimistic that I got my visa approved already and I acted accordingly, no single element of fear that day.
I was interviewed by the nice young white guy at windows 5 no hassle no stress absolute gentleman, even though people that went ahead got blue paper and it was flying left right and center I wasn’t even bothered I just said in my mind today we die here I’m getting my visa from here and grace and faith spoke on my behalf.
Here goes my Transcript

VO: Good morning, how are you doing
Me: Good morning, I’m very well. You?
VO: Answered And goes please pass Me your passport and i20
Me: I did
VO: Thanks he looks at my i20 and asked why study construction management?
Me: I chose construction management because building failure is one of the most challenging problems we have in Nigeria construction industry and me going for this degree will actually give me more knowledge and skill to be a good project manager upon my return to Nigeria to promote safety in the construction industry here in Nigeria. VO was nodding
VO: So why Did you pick this school?
Me: I picked Virginia Tech because they have a mission of becoming nation leader in my area of specialization which is intelligent infrastructure and also they have invested $75m into the research of work of intelligent infrastructure VO just kept nodding.
VO: So how many other schools did you apply to apart from Vtech?
Me: Two others and I named them Florida International University And George mason university
VO: how many admitted you ?
Me: all three, just kept nodding
I was staring at him and kept on praying and saying in my mind Guy you must give Me this visa in Jesus name while he was typing.
VO: what did you study for your first degree?
Me: Quantity surveying
VO: where?
Me: Joseph Ayo BabaLola university
VO: when did you finish your first degree?
Me: 2014
VO: and what have you been doing since then?
Me: during my NYSC I got an opportunity to with an indigenous construction firm and currently I work at XYZ construction firm VO kept typing and nodding
VO: can you mention some of the coursework you will be taking in this program?
Me: I mentioned all the eight courses I will be taking without leaving one out.
VO: did you take any standardized tests?
Me: yes I did, I took the GRE
VO: what’s your score?
Me: I told him, thinking he was going to ask why I scored low he just keep typing and nodding while I was talking.
VO: Are you married?
Me: oh no not yet married
VO: do you have children or a child?
Me: Small smile no no children or child yet
VO: So who is your sponsor?
Me: my biological father
VO: what does he do?
Me; oh he’s into outdoor advertising and commercials for brands
VO: do you have his statement of account with you?
Me: yes I do handed it over to him didn’t look at it just folded it with my i20 and stuck it in between my passport I remained claim and was just observing
VO: So I’d be placing you on administrative processing brought out white paper wrote my name and ticked Administrative processing and handed it over to me
Me: I also have a sponsor letter from my sponsor
In my mind I was like Ha but young man you look impressed since na why AP again
VO: nah I won’t be needing that, and he continued you will be hearing from us after a decision has been reached,have a nice day.

I sha carried all my remaining properties from his front and said thank you, enjoy the rest of your day.

Another set of prayers started and fasting too Lord let my case change before Tuesday o and as the Lord will have it Early Monday morning my case changed from AP to issued I almost ran mad lol. Truly it pays to serve the Lord he is still in the business of men.

My advice to people yet to go for interview is be bold and courageous and prepare very well, have some one listen to your answers and get corrected and take corrections too and above all Let go and Let God put him ahead and behind you and you will be surprised at the success and miracle that will come with it.
Lastly you must not be caught lying to the VO, if you want to lie be smart about it.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
Wande15:

Okay thanks. Please I don't mind getting mock interviews from you, can I send you a message pls

Okayy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Oludare23: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
I think its 24 - 48 hours, and you will be asked to choose from available dates.

Hi, How much does it cost to apply for emergency date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheSuperladyy: 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hello Great people.
I got my Visa approved this morning at the Lagos Consulate.
I have learnt a lot on this forum since last year when I started this process, through GRE and TOEFL and school applications (Lost access to my previous nairaland account. Here goes my Transcript, I hope it helps somebody else too:

Time: 6:45am
Course:Finance
School:University of New Haven

I left home at 5 and got to the embassy before 6, waited in my car till 6:10 before going into the compound. They called us in almost immediately. After the long endless procedure, I got interviewed by the white lady at window 6.

VO: passport Please

Me: Good morning. Here you go (gave her passport and I-20)

VO: Where are you going in The US
Me: I'll be attending school at University of New Haven, West Haven, Connecticut

V.O:What course

Me: Finance Ma'am

VO: Why Finance?

Me: My goal is to work in the financial Services sector, specifically as an Investment Banker. A graduate degree in Finance will give me the required analytical and mathematical skills I need to make a mark in my chosen field. It will also improve on the theory I have learnt at my undergraduate level, and teach me a practical application of said theories.

V.O: What year did you finish your undergraduate degree?

Me: 2016

V.O: Which course?

Me: Economics

V.O: How many Schools did you apply to?

Me: 4

V.O: Name them

Me: UMD College park, Cleveland State University, Bowling green state University and UNH

V.O: How many offered you admission

Me: 2. BGSU and UNH

V.O: Why did you choose New Haven over the other one?

Me: UNH offers me more than just classroom teaching, the school also offers me an opportunity to learn with the best technology available through the Bergami Learning Center for Finance and Technology, and access to student managed portfolio. The curriculum is also structured in a way that makes it possible for me to write levels 1 and 2 of the CFA without attending extra classes.

V.O: What is CFA?

Me: CFA means Charted Financial Analyst. it is one of the most respected certifications in the field of Finance. Holding the CFA charter alongside a foreign degree will make me competitive in the Nigerian Labour market.

V.O: Did you take any tests?

Me:yes, I did. GRE and TOEFL (hands her test reports GRE-311, TOEFL-107)

V.O: who will be sponsoring?

Me: I got a 50% tuition waiver through the Deans Scholarship. My dad will take care of the rest.

V.O: What does your dad do?

Me: He runs a general contracting company, he is also the ...... State Commissioner for Energy

V.O: Do you have a personal bank statement from your father?

Me: Yes I do. (Hands it to her. Statement had a closing balance of about ** million naira)

V.O: (types for a while). Okay, you qualify for the visa.

She hands me my I-20 , the bank statement and the white paper with the pickup location circled. Says a bunch of other things I didn't hear .

Me: Thanks ma'am. Have a nice day.

Thank you to all who have shared their transcript before, and those who promptly answer questions on this thread. God bless you all richly.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wisepluto(m): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
Why wont you qualify with this kind of response.

Congrats!

TheSuperladyy:
Hello Great people.
I have learnt a lot on this forum since last year when I started this process, through GRE and TOEFL and school applications (Lost access to my previous nairaland account. Here goes my Transcript, I hope it helps somebody else too:

I left home at 5 and got to the embassy before 6, waited in my car till 6:10 before going into the compound. They called us in almost immediately. After the long endless procedure, I got interviewed by the white lady at window 6.

Me: I'll be attending school at University of New Haven, West Haven, Connecticut

Me: My goal is to work in the financial Services sector, specifically as an Investment Banker. A graduate degree in Finance will give me the required analytical and mathematical skills I need to make a mark in my chosen field. It will also improve on the theory I have learnt at my undergraduate level, and teach me a practical application of said theories.

Me: UMD College park, Cleveland State University, Bowling green state University and UNH

Me: UNH offers me more than just classroom teaching, the school also offers me an opportunity to learn with the best technology available through the Bergami Learning Center for Finance and Technology, and access to student managed portfolio. The curriculum is also structured in a way that makes it possible for me to write levels 1 and 2 of the CFA without attending extra classes.

Me: CFA means Charted Financial Analyst. it is one of the most respected certifications in the field of Finance. Holding the CFA charter alongside a foreign degree will make me competitive in the Nigerian Labour market.

Me: I got a 50% tuition waiver through the Deans Scholarship. My dad will take care of the rest.

Me: He runs a general contracting company, he is also the ...... State Commissioner for Energy

Me: Yes I do. (Hands it to her. Statement had a closing balance of about 35 million naira)

She hands me my I-20 , the bank statement and the white paper with the pickup location circled. Says a bunch of other things I didn't hear .

Thank you to all who have shared their transcript before, and those who promptly answer questions on this thread. God bless you all richly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
TheSuperladyy:
Hello Great people.

Me: Yes I do. (Hands it to her. Statement had a closing balance of about 35 million naira)

Congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thirdpage: 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hi guys, please is a sponsor letter required during visa interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
Tohlou:
I have been a silent reader here since January that I started putting in my applications and also wrote the GRE and well didn’t do well that much but regardless I still got admitted into all the schools I applied to.
Thanks to the people I have reached out to here and they attended to me, most in particular Aanexplus’s God bless you brother for all the advice and corrections which all ended in success, you’re much appreciated boss.

Interview was on Friday 13th July 2018, prior to that day I remember the fear and emotional roller coaster the preparation was but few days to the interview proper the confidence came after several coaching from My PFL Ideas people amazing guys really and also fasting and prayer without ceasing.

Got to the embassy for 6am waited till 20mins to 7 for my 7am interview, I was bold,courageous and optimistic that I got my visa approved already and I acted accordingly, no single element of fear that day.
I was interviewed by the nice young white guy at windows 5 no hassle no stress absolute gentleman, even though people that went ahead got blue paper and it was flying left right and center I wasn’t even bothered I just said in my mind today we die here I’m getting my visa from here and grace and faith spoke on my behalf.
Here goes my Transcript

VO: Good morning, how are you doing
Me: Good morning, I’m very well. You?
VO: Answered And goes please pass Me your passport and i20
Me: I did
VO: Thanks he looks at my i20 and asked why study construction management?
Me: I chose construction management because building failure is one of the most challenging problems we have in Nigeria construction industry and me going for this degree will actually give me more knowledge and skill to be a good project manager upon my return to Nigeria to promote safety in the construction industry here in Nigeria. VO was nodding
VO: So why Did you pick this school?
Me: I picked Virginia Tech because they have a mission of becoming nation leader in my area of specialization which is intelligent infrastructure and also they have invested $75m into the research of work of intelligent infrastructure VO just kept nodding.
VO: So how many other schools did you apply to apart from Vtech?
Me: Two others and I named them Florida International University And George mason university
VO: how many admitted you ?
Me: all three, just kept nodding
I was staring at him and kept on praying and saying in my mind Guy you must give Me this visa in Jesus name while he was typing.
VO: what did you study for your first degree?
Me: Quantity surveying
VO: where?
Me: Joseph Ayo BabaLola university
VO: when did you finish your first degree?
Me: 2014
VO: and what have you been doing since then?
Me: during my NYSC I got an opportunity to with an indigenous construction firm and currently I work at XYZ construction firm VO kept typing and nodding
VO: can you mention some of the coursework you will be taking in this program?
Me: I mentioned all the eight courses I will be taking without leaving one out.
VO: did you take any standardized tests?
Me: yes I did, I took the GRE
VO: what’s your score?
Me: I told him, thinking he was going to ask why I scored low he just keep typing and nodding while I was talking.
VO: Are you married?
Me: oh no not yet married
VO: do you have children or a child?
Me: Small smile no no children or child yet
VO: So who is your sponsor?
Me: my biological father
VO: what does he do?
Me; oh he’s into outdoor advertising and commercials for brands
VO: do you have his statement of account with you?
Me: yes I do handed it over to him didn’t look at it just folded it with my i20 and stuck it in between my passport I remained claim and was just observing
VO: So I’d be placing you on administrative processing brought out white paper wrote my name and ticked Administrative processing and handed it over to me
Me: I also have a sponsor letter from my sponsor
In my mind I was like Ha but young man you look impressed since na why AP again
VO: nah I won’t be needing that, and he continued you will be hearing from us after a decision has been reached,have a nice day.

I sha carried all my remaining properties from his front and said thank you, enjoy the rest of your day.

Another set of prayers started and fasting too Lord let my case change before Tuesday o and as the Lord will have it Early Monday morning my case changed from AP to issued I almost ran mad lol. Truly it pays to serve the Lord he is still in the business of men.

My advice to people yet to go for interview is be bold and courageous and prepare very well, have some one listen to your answers and get corrected and take corrections too and above all Let go and Let God put him ahead and behind you and you will be surprised at the success and miracle that will come with it.
Lastly you must not be caught lying to the VO, if you want to lie be smart about it.

Congrats bro. Luv ur transcript. I also read Quantity Surveying & will be studying MSC in Civil engineering . will like to chat with u. Drop me ur WhatsApp no. Or u chat me up via 07038827616. Abeg try

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2018
Oludare23:
I think its 24 - 48 hours, and you will be asked to choose from available dates.

Hi, How much does it cost to apply for emergency date?
It has no additional cost. It will cost you about #58,000 to schedule a regular appointment and nothing extra to make it expedited.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Hi all, Pls is it possible to get admitted into a college on getting to the states i changed to online Education ...So i. would be able to live with my Aunt to reduce the cost of housing?...
Cc: All
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:42am On Jul 19, 2018
biikeys:

At a time it used to be along the lines of faculty to student ratio, now it's 'extensive research...'. They know. Some of them even come here and can easily pinpoint you with your 'proposed transcripts' smiley Nothing sounds more genuine than actually thinking deeply about why you are applying to a school and then finding a proper and convincing way to communicate this to the VO.

lol.. grin grin grin grin grin

Those VO have heard and listened to enough remix on this..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:50am On Jul 19, 2018
Godchangemylife:
Hi all, Pls is it possible to get admitted into a college on getting to the states i changed to online Education ...So i. would be able to live with my Aunt to reduce the cost of housing?...
Cc: All
No its not. At least not until you are a permanent resident or citizen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 19, 2018
femi312:
No its not. At least not until you are a permanent resident or citizen
Okay thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 12:54am On Jul 19, 2018
biikeys:

Public Service Announcement!
Henceforth, it is strongly advised to personalise your answers to VOs questions and try to make it unique. People should desist from copying others responses and lines here on Nairaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 12:55am On Jul 19, 2018
Public Service Announcement!
Henceforth, it is strongly advised to personalise your answers to VOs questions and try to make it unique. People should desist from copying others responses and lines here on Nairaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 1:27am On Jul 19, 2018
TheSuperladyy:
Hello Great people.

Congratulations. I will also say start the CFA asap or u apply for the CFA access scholarship (The price reduced from $1,100 to $150).
Love your transcript. Thanks for given back.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Oludare23: 4:28am On Jul 19, 2018
[/color][color=#006600]It has no additional cost. It will cost you about #58,000 to schedule a regular appointment and nothing extra to make it expedited.[/quote]

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Oludare23: 4:38am On Jul 19, 2018
It has no additional cost. It will cost you about #58,000 to schedule a regular appointment and nothing extra to make it expedited.

Hi, so my school resumes on the 24th of august and im planning to use the expedited appointment, do you know if there's be any issues with this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 4:43am On Jul 19, 2018
Oludare23:

Hi, so my school resumes on the 24th of august and im planning to use the expedited appointment, do you know if there's be any issues with this?

You can go ahead. There is no issue with that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 5:13am On Jul 19, 2018
Hello house... Please somebody should help me with the next step... I'm trying to book a visa appointment and I have been stuck here. I uploaded the passport but it said I will be contacted through email and I'm yet to see anything. Someone should tell me what to do I'm running out of time. Thanks a lot

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 5:16am On Jul 19, 2018
The responses seems well thought of and intelligible. Sounds unique as well. Nice transcript by the guy.
wisepluto:
Why wont you qualify with this kind of response.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:52am On Jul 19, 2018
Danielaz5:
Those black V.O's cut you short when you're saying "I did an Extensive Research through....." because they have heard it so many times undecided undecided undecided. When I went for Education USA the younger one said it that most students that are interviewed come with same exact reason which she has heard somewhere. She even said she's heard all types of answers but deny students because she feels the reasons are not personal. So if you're asked why this school If you have funding let it out quick, if you have any thing that differs from a normal student's admission let it out first then continue with the rankings or research.
biikeys:

And what if doing extensive research was the truth; or is extensive research no longer a good thing to do when going to donate 2-5 years of one's precious life slaving away at a grad school, and getting hyper depression and under the table wages ( especially for my Poor PhD Brethren) cheesy. A whole lot of these consular officers are quite the NOT SMART people from america's work force (Hence their inability to land private sector jobs, and instead get a damn government Job which sends them to AFRICA!! grin grin grin); they want to start feeling like sanctimonious HR recruiting officers In fortune 500 companies, which they clearly aren't. There's nothing wrong with some generic answers people give, because there really isn't any other way to put it for most folks; if a person asks how are you, we all reply fine; that's a generic answer, but tell me what is more conducive and perfect other than 'fine'. cheesy cheesy Yes a person can go on and on about how many of Themistocles Army they had to battle before selecting a school grin grin, but it's still all extensive research. I have always felt that this Visa interview process for F1 is a cat and mouse game; let the embassy switch to the Canadian style, and do a thorough vetting instead of the mickey mouse club house show we have to undergo where they're expecting entertainment when there shouldn't be one grin grin

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thirdpage: 6:54am On Jul 19, 2018
thirdpage:
Hi guys, please is a sponsor letter required during visa interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tohlou(m): 7:38am On Jul 19, 2018
[quote author=thirdpage post=69509751][/quote]To my best knowledge I think it’s not necessary but you can take it along just in case. No VO will take your sponsor letter.
Another advice take all your documents you have in this life as you can’t tell which you will be needing really.
Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Frankaka8(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2018
The next available date is 14th sept 2018. That is too bad. Just hoping an earlier date pops up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.