Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916967 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Oegbeyem: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2018
jolowizzy11:
yea you're right...I take all the blame ..... but when a man falls he gets back up....now I have the experience , I've seen it my self and I'm sure I won't f**k it up again ......tnks for pointing out my errors.... may God bless us all..
thats the spirit. That power wey say we no go prosper na dem go tire

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2018
Lagos or Abuja?
Oegbeyem:
na this black female vo deny me today o, I no know wetin I go do again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kaymayor123: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2018
What are my chances for F1 visa approval if I fill in DS 160 that am currently studying Welding & Fabrication Engineering in Nigeria & that I have now been admitted to study Computer & Information Tech in the US,since both courses are not related?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2018
Kaymayor123:
What are my chances for F1 visa approval if I fill in DS 160 that am currently studying Welding & Fabrication Engineering in Nigeria & that I have now been admitted to study Computer & Information Tech in the US,since both courses are not related?
no one knows just be truthful ..... say the truth ,make sure what you say during the interview isn't different from what you filled in the ds160 ...you gonna be aiite ...... my 2cents

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2018
Kaymayor123:

Your 1st degree or current work should relate with the course you are going to study. If not, the chances of getting visa will be slim
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2018
A very strong and convincing reason for a change of course is the key

Kaymayor123:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2018
jolowizzy11:
transcript update...
VO good morning
me good morning ma'am how are you today
VO I well thanks

VO why USA
me I choose to study in usa because it's has one of the best education system in the world ,they are practically orientated and couple with the fact that a degree from the U.S is well recognized all over the world ..she dey nod her head like tolotolo.
VO why this school
me I choose alliant international university because it is among the top management university in the u.s couple with the fact that the class to teacher ratio is 23 to1 which would make the class more interactive and conducive for learning ,that state where the school is located (California) has the best weather condition in the u.s .... still nodding , typing very fast
VO which course
me project management
VO why this course
me project management fits into any sector/industry for example construction,manufacturing,information technology etc in my country the fastest growing industry is the construction industry ,she cuts In

who's your sponsor
my dad

what does he do
he works @ the Lagos state employment trust fund as the head of government relations .

bla bla. blaaaa......blue paper
I felt empty .........

in my opinion this are the major factor they considered
1) school
2) statement of account
3) your confidence
4) pray pray and pray

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Oegbeyem: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2018
Ekebs:
Lagos or Abuja?
lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mayd16(m): 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
please how can someone answer why the switch of career from biochemistry to network administration
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
Visa Delayed this Morning
vo: where are you going to ?
me: I am going to saint cloud state university in Minnesota to pursue my bachelor's degree in computer engineering
Vo: when did you finish High school?
Me: 2014
Vo: what have you been doing since then?
me: after my high school, I took a laptop repair course at C.V Ikeja where I learnt majorly about the hardware aspect of computer and how they worked together. Presently, I am a laptop technician at. **** Company and my responsibilities include setting up hardware and installation of software and drivers and also troubleshoot system failure and bugs to restore functionality
vo: why are you doing this program?
me: I chose to study computer Engineering because I have a strong passion for innovation and also Nigeria is a fast developing nation where there is a cuts in
vo: what will it do for you?
me: This degree will equip me with the knowledge and skills to develop *cuts in
vo: which knowledge
me: it will help me with the practical aspect I have gained here in Nigeria and will also serve greatly for me as a long term career prospects
vo: who is sponsoring you?
me: I got a scholarship which reduces ,y tuition fees by 50% and my uncle will be paying for the rest
vo: what is your uncle doing?
Me: He his a civil engineer which deals which deals with deals aluminium services
vo: how many schools did you applied to?
me: 2, SCSU and Troy
vo: did troy offer you admission?
Me: I was unable to complete the application because SCSU was fast about the admission decision and offered me computer engineering which I passionately wants to pursue
vo: types for seconds........ She just picked my passport hoping she wants to keep it, na so I see Baba Blue, you do not qualify for student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lamzee:
me: I am going to saint cloud state university in Minnesota to pursue my bachelor's degree in computer engineering
me: after my high school, I took a laptop repair course at C.V Ikeja where I learnt majorly about the hardware aspect of computer and how they worked together. Presently, I am a laptop technician at. **** Company and my responsibilities include setting up hardware and installation of software and drivers and also troubleshoot system failure and bugs to restore functionality
me: I chose to study computer Engineering because I have a strong passion for innovation and also Nigeria is a fast developing nation where there is a cuts in
me: it will help me with the practical aspect I have gained here in Nigeria and will also serve greatly for me as a long term career prospects
me: I got a scholarship which reduces ,y tuition fees by 50% and my uncle will be paying for the rest
Me: He his a civil engineer which deals which deals with deals aluminium services
Me: I was unable to complete the application because SCSU was fast about the admission decision and offered me computer engineering which I passionately wants to pursue
vo: types for seconds........ She just picked my passport hoping she wants to keep it, na so I see Baba Blue, you do not qualify for student visa
Sorry man, that was a tough one. Who interviewed you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Observer25: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lamzee:

U applied to 2 other schools but did not complete application for Troy. You did not apply to Troy university then.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nahum777:
Sorry man, that was a tough one. Who interviewed you?
I don't even remember to check number, But the woman is in the second window
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lamzee:

I don't even remember to check number, But the woman is in the second window
In Lagos right? What's her race?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nahum777:
In Lagos right? What's her race?

Haha you want to know if its the black lady grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
Those black V.O's cut you short when you're saying "I did an Extensive Research through....." because they have heard it so many times undecided undecided undecided. When I went for Education USA the younger one said it that most students that are interviewed come with same exact reason which she has heard somewhere. She even said she's heard all types of answers but deny students because she feels the reasons are not personal. So if you're asked why this school If you have funding let it out quick, if you have any thing that differs from a normal student's admission let it out first then continue with the rankings or research.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ubah1:

Haha you want to know if its the black lady grin
Hahaha, that's right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
mayd16:
please how can someone answer why the switch of career from biochemistry to network administration
This doesn't speak well of you as a good and genuine student. You mean you don't know why you are switching careers? You expect a faceless person to give you a reason while you switched careers? Sigh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ajibade105(m): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ogbeni, I don't argue... The bold is cracking me up... The weather is hot to make someone angry than this your post. Oga, shift grin grin grin

Sorelee:
I insist that TOEFL Is a standardized test it is written boldly on the site as a standardized test for non English Natives has a Nigerian she is not a English native

[b]And before you come back here to start arguing unnecessary [/b]like other people before you this was an interview done recently here by a member of this forum his moniker is whyqueu

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
Omo this famoss guest house no be am oo. This has to be the worst hotel in Nigeria. In fact, hotels for Okokomaiko na 4star compared to this 0 star hotel. I fear say people dey lodge here oo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2018

Your above answer prompted the question she asked you after because you already mentioned that you were working after your training.

you just needed to have continued from what you were saying cos your answer prompted that question let say for example since you already have trained as a computer hardware engineer you have develop a strong interest for not just the practical aspect which you have learnt during that time and which you have also put into practice but you believe strongly that at this time that both theoretical and practical if earned in a university is of great importance to your career/ future goals as a computer engineer and that is why you are pursuing a bsc degree in computer engineering at bla bla bla ( just an illustration I hope you understand what I am trying to say) pls ignore the typos phone screen got cracked earlier today and it's been messing up ever since

She asks what knowledge because that answer was too generic so work on what the degree would do for you

After you have prepared better give it another short.

I see that the black VOS are really intelligent to be honest. guys be ready to back up any thing you say with smart answers if you are interview by them bc they are really smart with their questions

All the best

Lamzee:
[s]me: I chose to study computer Engineering because I have a strong passion for innovation and also Nigeria is a fast developing nation where there is a cuts in [/s]
me: [s]This degree will equip me with the knowledge and skills to develop *cuts in[/s]
me: [s]it will help me with the practical aspect I have gained here in Nigeria and will also serve greatly for me as a long term career prospects [/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nahum777:
Omo this famoss guest house no be am oo. This has to be the worst hotel in Nigeria. In fact, hotels for Okokomaiko na 4star compared to this 0 star hotel. I fear say people dey lodge here oo grin
Bro, focus on succeeding tomorrow at the interview. Where you are putting up now isn't your permanent residence.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hello everyone, my visa interview is in a week from now and I'm thinking of postponing it due to some very important reasons. I have paid for sevis and all. Although I'm yet to mail my school's grad studies coordinator for admission deferring, is it possible to shift/postpone my interview date till Dec? Do I have to pay for a new visa fee and sevis fee if I'm going to another school? Please how possible is this?

Someone should please help. i'd appreciate it if you can help me with the steps as well.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
dilodavid:
Bro, focus on succeeding tomorrow at the interview. Where you are putting up now isn't your permanent residence.
Hahaha true shaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TobigSpice: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
TobigSpice:
Please below is my proposed transcript. I'm sorry it's about it long cos I've trying different possible questions. I'm open to review. Thanks.

Why US:
The USA is a country that is well recognized for its academic excellence and enhanced learning experience, also they have one of the best educational system in the world that offers students flexible educational opportunities across over 4000 institutions.
The US remains the source of most of the world’s ground-breaking developments in technology, business, arts, and beyond.
What av u bn doin after school:
I worked as an Informatin Officer in a Government parastata, Edo State House of Assembly, Benin City during my service year. I was retained to a staff even after Service year ended. I attend all parliamentary sittings, write news and all other duties as assigned.

How many sch :University of Georgia, Atlanta (Franklin College of Art & Science)
The City University of NewYork and

3 schools; University of Georgia, Atlanta (Franklin College of Art & Science)
The City University of NewYork and East Tennessee State University.

VO* How did you hear about the School?
Me: when I was using the search engines, I stumbled to www.studyusa.com, I sign up and request to be given Newsletter. After series of Newsletter, I got a form to fill the criteria for the schools I want, which I did, amongst the schools I applied to was ABC University.Also an alumni of the school who works in my place of work also told me about the school
Tell me about your school
me: this school is a public institution located in Johnson City. That was founded in 1911, with campuses in Johnson City as the main campus and Kingsport Campus.,Listed by The Princeton Review as one of America’s Best Value Colleges ,student-faculty ratio17:1. 11 colleges and 53 Dept.
Why did u choose ETSU:
Etsu gives students the privilege to take courses from their foundational background, which means I'll be taking more courses from English and Communication. I have been speaking with the director of the department, we've built a healthy relationship and she has been of great assistance.
Also, their Daylong writing workshop will help improve my writing and analytical thinking skills and give me the exposure that will be of advantage in my chosen career of taking an academic position in a university here in Nigeria,
Resumption Date: 21st of August.

Tell me bou ur course:
Liberal studies is by nature an interdisciplinary program, generally pulling together course work from various disciplined rangng from social sciences,behavioural sciences and humanities. It gives students the privilege to think critically and contextually about their discipline and various issues. It is a 31- Unit Coursework. I would be taking my core courses in Liberal Studies and my Electives from English Language, Regional and Community Studies, Communication Studies and Sociology. Seminar and Thesis would as well sum up in the coursework.

What is your study plan:
I’ll be studying Liberal Studies at East Tennessee University. It requires me to take:
10 credits hours for Core courses
18 credits hours for electives
and 3 credits hours for my thesis
all which are expected to be completed within 24months. After which I’d return to Nigeria to get an academic position in one of the top universities in Nigeria especially my Almer Mata, EKSU

Wah would ur course do for u:
Me- It will earn me a well rounded education as it is designed to educate on a variety of disciplines, rather than training me on a specific job. Having had a bachelor's degree in English, it will prepare me for a career in journalism, editing, technical writing and academics as intend taking up an academic position in my Alma mater after graduation.
Also, as an aspiring writer, liberal studies wiLil improve my writing,communication,critical thinking and interpersonal skills as I intend venturing into blogging where I'll be concentrating on the female gender and their challenges in the Nigerian society.

COURSES:
foundations in Liberal Studies
Seminar in Liberal Studies
Introduction to Interdisciplinary Study
Seminar in Interdisciplinary Research

V.O- Why did you want to change your Course of Study from what you studied during undergraduate days.
Me- I believe with Interdisciplinary course like Liberal Studies, I would have broad exploration of social and natural sciences couple with my initial knowledge of arts and humanities, with this I would be able to have all round knowledge to be in the academics. I also believe with Liberal Studies, I would learn communication effectively and understand as well as respect variety of cultures. I would also have variety of careers suit of my interests.

VO@@ How did you know about Liberal Studies?
Me- During my penultimate year (Level 300) as an undergraduate, A Professor of Liberal Studies named Prof. (Mrs.) Johnson came to our School for Sabbatical Study Leave. She narrated to us the benefits of studying Liberal Sciences. Her vast experiences, response to issues and way of life made me develop interest in Liberal Studies and she always advice us to follow her trend. She is my role model………

Who z sponsoring you:
I have been offered a Graduate Assistantship which covers my tuition and most fees and provides a stipend per semester of $3700, while my Uncle Mr Raji Lookman will be covering the rest.
How did you get the Scholarship :
The scholarship board was impressed by my profile which included my undergraduate cgpa, GRE, Skype video interview, Statement of purpose and other essays

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR ASSISTANTSIP
ME- I get to tutor students a fundamental course during teaching hours, grade scripts and proctor tests which will prepare me for a career in academics.
Wah doz ur Uncle do:
He is an educationist, he owns an elementary school as well.

VO* How many Pupils are in your mother School?
Me: 86 pupils
VO++ Uncle's fund yearly...

VO* Did you do any Entrance examinations?
Me-Though no Entrance examination was required for my course of study, I still did GRE (Graduate Record Examination) to foster my commitment for further learning.
V.O- What are your Scores.
Me- I have 153 in Verbal, 157 in Quantitative and 3.0 in Analytical Writing.
Do you Intend to work in the States?
Do you intend to work in US
Me- I have been given Graduate Assistant Job, this would make me work only in the department for 20hours per week. Aside that, I have no plans of working.
V.O- During Vacation, What would you be doing?
Me- for short vacations, I would rest and prepare for forthcoming Semesters, but for Long Vacations, I would come back home briefly to say hello to my family.
Please guys I'm still waiting, it just seems like no one is ready to respond...Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
Tobigspice go and collect your visa... your why US first answer is good that's sud do, how did you hear about the school nice grin but make it shorter not sure you did be given all the time to say all that you have a edge with your funding use it for your reason for choosing ETSU

TobigSpice:

Please guys I'm still waiting, it just seems like no one is ready to respond...Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AusterHeights: 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
h
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
It doesn't guarantee your visa approval

AusterHeights:
Guys, is it advisable to pay tuition (for masters) before visa interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Incomparable(f): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Incomparable(f): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
Sorelee:
Tobigspice go and collect your visa... your why US first answer is good that's sud do, how did you hear about the school nice grin but make it shorter not sure you did be given all the time to say all that you have a edge with your funding use it for your reason for choosing ETSU

Sir, is it a must to mention more than one school, when you are faced with the question of "how many schools did you apply to"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
mayd16:

Please, people should stop asking questions like these; it doesn't speak well of us as people. You do not know whoever is reading on this forum. I will advice you to delete the post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ODAVI(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
Me got admitted for Spring 2019.

I am still considering accepting thou have uploaded my financial statement.

What about you?
Jola17:
Please house is there anyone currently studying at Cleveland state University here

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.