Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913761 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omoluabiguy: 12:25am On Dec 31, 2017
blacnewton:
Guys in Yankee that need extra cash and have a valid US Drivers license and SSN, sign up for Amazon Flex, a minimum of $1800 a month is guaranteed.

Just google Amazon flex and sign up.

Bro, if you yourself haven’t signed up for that thing, please don’t try it. And if you have done it, well you are officially f&*ked! I’ll tell you what you don’t know.
Well I hope you are still in college and haven’t dropped out of status yet.
That amazon side gig will reflect on your SSN and someday when you want to neutralize to US residency, it will pop up in your record and how would you respond to that when asked “why did you violate the F1 rules while you were still a student?”
Whatever answer you give to that question is unforgivable and you would NEVER get the residency!

They don’t even forgive when it comes to that!

All the best bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:28am On Dec 31, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Yah.... Welcome back. Good to hear it went well

grin ... my eyes and ears are everywhere hence the bold .... grin. The day that guy was ranting like a mad man , he stated your name and trust my quick fingers i googled and saw a wedding website for december. I was going to add you on LinkedIn then remembered that I like to be anonymous . Now I have forgotten the name cheesy

Yea, you can send me a request.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 12:36am On Dec 31, 2017
Chidinho10:

I disagree with you on this. People have gotten visas through loans on this thread. Someone had for Carnegie Mellon and another for MBA (I don't know the name of the school). Also, Indians take loans and still get visas.
grin grin ... didn't you hear Carnegie Mellon.. That's an example of super ranked ranked i mentioned in my first point, and any right thinking person would know that taking a loan for a high ranked major at a high ranked college globally is sensible.... If you take this loan story with a school like Morgan state university, Blue paper certification, straight away grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:45am On Dec 31, 2017
Chidinho10:

You are right about taking loans to a top ranked school
But we have seen transcripts here of people who took student loans, talked about it in the interviews and got approvals. Someone for UConn (fysapop), Carnegie Mellon (ishow) and MBA (Ugoh11).

Search for them on nairaland and see their transcripts. They were all for Fall 2017. Thats one benefit of having transcripts here
So I checked the three names you have up there. I couldn't find the last person's transcript. 3 things stood out from the two I saw 1) They didn't take a loan from the US, one even got a partial scholarship which makes his loan less 2) They have substantial work experience in a good company, one even works with an international company and the other is a team lead 3) They are going to good schools. In summary, it will be hard for any international student to convince a VO with a US loan facility like Salie Mie and the rest. A sharp and wise student knows what to do from all these my earlier write up, but its not my mouth you will hear it.

Update: So I just saw that the first and third usernames got loan from prodigy finance with head office in UK with no cosigner which is different from the US loans facilities, so that explains why they could get there VISAs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodigy_Finance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 31, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
grin grin ... didn't you hear Carnegie Mellon.. That's an example of super ranked ranked i mentioned in my first point, and any right thinking person would know that taking a loan for a high ranked major at a high ranked college globally is sensible.... If you take this loan story with a school like Morgan state university, Blue paper certification, straight away grin grin grin grin

I totally agree with you on that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 31, 2017
femi312:
So I checked the three names you have up there. I couldn't find the last person's transcript. 3 things stood out from the two I saw 1) They didn't take a loan from the US, one even got a partial scholarship which makes his loan less 2) They have substantial work experience in a good company, one even works with an international company and the other is a team lead 3) They are going to good schools. In summary, it will be hard for any international student to convince a VO with a US loan facility like Salie Mie and the rest. A sharp and wise student knows what to do from all these my earlier write up, but its not my mouth you will hear it.

Update: So I just saw that the first and third usernames got loan from prodigy finance with head office in UK with no cosigner which is different from the US loans facilities, so that explains why they could get there VISAs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodigy_Finance.

Boss, stop beating around the bush and admit you were wrong there. The Sallie Mae you mentioned gives international students cosigner loans with the loan burden borne by their US citizen or PR cosigner. Someone here even took that kind of loan, told the VO and got approved. I just want to correct the notion that loan is a red flag. That is untrue. Maybe it will be true if you are taking huge loans for a one building school.

I remain your loyal boy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:35am On Dec 31, 2017
Chidinho10:

Boss, stop beating around the bush and admit you were wrong there. The Sallie Mae you mentioned gives international students cosigner loans with the loan burden borne by their US citizen or PR cosigner. Someone here even took that kind of loan, told the VO and got approved. I just want to correct the notion that loan is a red flag. That is untrue. Maybe it will be true if you are taking huge loans for a one building school.

I remain your loyal boy
wrong? I am confused. I hate hearing 'someone' or 'they said', UNTIL you show me the 'someone' or one person that has taken US loan facilities, told VO and got VISA, I stand by what I said earlier.Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 3:56am On Dec 31, 2017
sunshineluv5:
I think this option would be better n faster.please when u made mention of certificate hope you meant photocopy of my cert?
Yes, copy of your BSc certificate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kallowdean(m): 4:10am On Dec 31, 2017
A word for the wise.
Do NOT risk your future for an illegal job. You may regret such for the rest of your stay in the USA. Especially when you talk about SSN.
America is technology and your SSN will show that you intentionally violated your status.
I don't think you can defend that in the future when you are about to change your status.

blacnewton:
Guys in Yankee that need extra cash and have a valid US Drivers license and SSN, sign up for Amazon Flex, a minimum of $1800 a month is guaranteed.

Just google Amazon flex and sign up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kevoki(m): 5:12am On Dec 31, 2017
kallowdean:
A word for the wise.
Do NOT risk your future for an illegal job. You may regret such for the rest of your stay in the USA. Especially when you talk about SSN.
America is technology and your SSN will show that you intentionally violated your status.
I don't think you can defend that in the future when you are about to change your status.

depending on location. Its not yet in New York
Actually talking about the amazon flexx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kevoki(m): 5:16am On Dec 31, 2017
Hello house anyone in Tennessee. A friend is resuming school in Jan and needs a place to put up for sometime.
Anyone in the state should help link up pls. Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by godschoice1050: 6:39am On Dec 31, 2017
Hi folks, anyone in Miami I can connect with? Just came in town yesterday. Probably need some help around. Someone around please help or if you can connect me with any student you know. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kallowdean(m): 6:42am On Dec 31, 2017
I don't know what you mean by depending on the location.

The bottom line of my message is to notify my fellow F1 colleagues that they will eventually face difficulty if, I repeat if they utilize their SSN on securing an off-campus work without the written permission of the University... (whether it is Amazon Flex ooo or Amazon stable ooo) Illegal Job will always reflect on SSN and that is why it is called Social Security Number.
Automatically, this will put the person's future in jeopardy when the need arises for a change of status. Simply because the purpose of the SSN at that time was to work legally on campus only.

Kevoki:

depending on location. Its not yet in New York
Actually talking about the amazon flexx

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 31, 2017
Larox:
My Transcript for a denied F1 visa.
VO: Good morning
Me:Good morning
VO: How are u?
Me: Fine
VO: Where are u going to?
Me:HC
VO:For What
Me:For Studies, Ass degree in Med lab Sc.
VO:When did u finished your high school?
Me:2014
VO: When Did you finished your diploma?
Me:I had a Bachelor's degree in 2014 in Med biochem.
VO: You finished high school and bachelor's degree the same year?
Me: My Bachelor's degree is what I had 2014, I thought is what you are referring to as high school.
VO: No
Me: I finished my secondary school in 2008
VO: OK
VO: Why are you going for an associate degree when you have Bachelor in Biochemistry, instead of Master's?
Me: To meet up with the laboratory requirement of my dad's lab where I work. My dad intends stepping out for me to takeover the lab administration.
VO:But your dad can teach you?
Me: No, Is against the laboratory practice for non-laboratory scientists to take over the lab administration, you must have a qualification in laboratory science.
VO:Why are u not doing it in Nigeria?
Me:The U.S institution is more on research and it is also time costing here in Nigeria.
VO: Which other school did you apply?
Me: G.T
VO: Is a years Course?
Me: No, 18months course, but studying it in Nigeria will cost me 3yrs.
VO: Typing....
VO: Sorry, you need to reapply again, you visa is been denied.
Me: Why?
VO: The reason of your study is not genuine. Sorry, the decision has been made, you can try other consoler.

Please, what can we comment that led to the denial of this transcript. And what shud be retify?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2017
NefT:
@WalSpring and any good members of this forum, please any discount on TOEFL this season? The school I applied to UNH for Fall insisted I write TOEFL. I will appreciate any benevolent offers. May God bless all the kind hearted people that have been assisting selflessly on this forum.

I am still earnestly waiting for any person that will help as to the discount. I have been studying but yet to register for this test. All i want is the type of discount that Walspring and others offer on this platform. May the almighty infinite God reward your benevolence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 31, 2017
goodemma20:
there is no US immigration law that bars international students from getting loans from US banks. Simply tell them the truth. I assure you it won't hurt you at all except the person co-signing for you has criminal records....Is your loan application already approved?

Thank you, I haven't applly for the loan yet my co-signer want me to be sure if it would be considered at the embassy...#proveoffund
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 31, 2017
NefT:

I am still earnestly waiting for any person that will help as to the discount. I have been studying but yet to register for this test. All i want is the type of discount that Walspring and others offer on this platform. May the almighty infinite God reward your benevolence.

Can I get any material from you?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:33am On Dec 31, 2017
imperiouxx:

You have the potential but you came off as an ingenuine applicant because you started stuttering at the crucial time.

Work on your composure. I think I told you something like this after the first interview.

Compliments of the season bro. Been a while. To be Frank with you, I do not know what happened to me on that day. I really felt I had a great chance as I flowed well with the VO before I suddenly went blank from no where. I went home that day and cried myself sour as I relayed my experience to my brother and friend @Mayorboi.

I am yet to defer till FALL 2018 as I do not know how best to put my words together to notify the school I was denied a visa. This is because I don't know how to ask them if the tuition waiver and free campus housing they offered me can still be available by the Fall semester.

In addition to this, does being denied an F1 visa twice (November and December) in any way have a dent on my next chance of reapplying? Cos I intend reapplying for another interview by FALL?

I will appreciate responses from you baba, from @Twoods, @Lagosismyhome and any other person who has answers to my question.

Compliments of the season handsome and beautiful people...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 10:41am On Dec 31, 2017
Accscholar:

1. Yes, you can change institution, as long as they issue you another I-20, and your SEVIS record is updated, and as long as it's reflected in your new Visa application. Otherwise, there may be issues at the POE.

2. Check the school website for the standardised test required, but for that course, it is likely GRE.

Some schools require an independent agency to do transcript evaluation, but most schools don't if your transcript is already in English. Again, check with your department/school.

If your school does not give transcript, they should be able to send it to the school directly (official, that is), at a cost.

That said, since you have not written the GRE at this time, I'm not sure you can still meet with Fall 2018, but it is possible.

Best wishes

This message isn't actually for me but there's a part of it I'm particularly interested in which is the Gre part. You said if he has not written gre at this time, he's not likely to meet up with fall entry. I think fall semester starts by August. Isn't there ample time between now and then? I am asking this cuz I'm also planning to start the whole visa processing from the beginning. I've not done anything sef aside from going through this group. Can't I also make fall 2018 either so I can focus on spring 2019? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2017
Fwesh101:

Can I get any material from you?

No qualms!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2017
Pearl93:

Please I am going to Texas A and M commerce. How did you get your accommodation scholarship? My friend I wanted to stay with just informed me she would be moving to Ohio.

TAMUK and TAMUC are different schools Ma. He is going to TAMUK while you are going to the later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2017
TWoods:

You shot yourself in the foot. You claimed you were on study leave. But it wasn’t obvious that this was the case. Did you provide a genuine letter attesting to that? A letter that expressly states what you are going for, how long you’re expected to be away and a clear indication that your job will be available when you return. It should also state if you are going to be paid or not during your absence. This letter should be on your company letterhead and signed by a management official.

Also, if truly this is to enable you move up in your company, why are they not paying for it? It’s strange.

The problem is that when you reapply, you can’t deviate from this again. See the question in bold that the VO asked, you didn’t answer it at all or probably did not understand it.

I sometime wanted to ask this question too. Similarly, I had a study leave and a letter attesting to that from my bank. It was a leave without pay any way and they were not sponsoring me at all. My data rather was. (Though the VO didn't ask me this question).

My question now is, I was denied an F1 visa twice already (November and December) and I am not sure if my bank will issue me a study leave any longer. Please how best can I come out of this as I really wish to bag an MSc which would equip me with the skills to become a data analyst (especially in the area of Big Data) as I believe this would profit me much better in the long run here in Nigeria (whether my bank takes me back or not) as there is a lack of experts/ professionals in the field here.. I intend reapplying for FALL.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 10:49am On Dec 31, 2017
Compliments to everybody here in the group.

I've been an ardent reader and follower for close to 2 years now. I'm just planning to start applying to schools after getting my transcript by January and writing GRE by either late February or early March. Can I still fit in for August(fall 2018) admission after writing GRE and applying immediately after it or I should wait till spring 2019(February)?
I'm asking this cuz I read a comment not long ago when someone said a guy cannot meet up with fall2018 when he hasn't done GRE by now. How many months to the start of my intended course should I write GRE?

Waiting to start reading replies..
Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 31, 2017
NefT:

No qualms!

Thanks here is my mail
Makinde.mayor@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:59am On Dec 31, 2017
temitope2598:

Thanks Twoods!
As much as you can be a little "too" blunt sometimes, I find myself screengrabbing a lot of your posts here when you give invaluable advice.
If only... Just if only you could strike a balance...... (Think about it)
Nevertheless, I still believe you're one of the best things(animate) that ever happened to this thread.

Happy Holidays Sir!.

I sincerely agree with you. Twoods is one of the best things that has happened to us on this thread. More like a CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE... LOL. Though he could be a core critic o and most times misunderstood as being harsh in response, but when you read between the lines, then you will appreciate him more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2017
[q

TWoods:

You shot yourself in the foot. You claimed you were on study leave. But it wasn’t obvious that this was the case. Did you provide a genuine letter attesting to that? A letter that expressly states what you are going for, how long you’re expected to be away and a clear indication that your job will be available when you return. It should also state if you are going to be paid or not during your absence. This letter should be on your company letterhead and signed by a management official.

Also, if truly this is to enable you move up in your company, why are they not paying for it? It’s strange.

The problem is that when you reapply, you can’t deviate from this again. See the question in bold that the VO asked, you didn’t answer it at all or probably did not understand it.

I sometime wanted to ask this question too. Similarly, I had a study leave and a letter attesting to that from my bank. It was a leave without pay any way and they were not sponsoring me at all. My data rather was. (Though the VO didn't ask me this question).

My question now is, I was denied an F1 visa twice already (November and December) and I am not sure if my bank will issue me a study leave any longer. Please how best can I come out of this as I really wish to bag an MSc which would equip me with the skills to become a data analyst (especially in the area of Big Data) as I believe this would profit me much better in the long run here in Nigeria (whether my bank takes me back or not) as there is a lack of experts/ professionals in the field here and my bank and a host of other firms could end up being my clients in the future. I intend deferring and reapplying for FALL 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2017
Fwesh101:

Thank you, I haven't applly for the loan yet my co-signer want me to be sure if it would be considered at the embassy...#proveoffund
I know of someone exactly in your situation that was given a visa. start to process the loan application right away, if you're approved, take the approval document to the Embassy. If you go to the Embassy and say that you intend to fund your studies with loan and no document to show for it , it may be hard to believe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Accscholar: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2017
bigwizzy001:

This message isn't actually for me but there's a part of it I'm particularly interested in which is the Gre part. You said if he has not written gre at this time, he's not likely to meet up with fall entry. I think fall semester starts by August. Isn't there ample time between now and then? I am asking this cuz I'm also planning to start the whole visa processing from the beginning. I've not done anything sef aside from going through this group. Can't I also make fall 2018 either so I can focus on spring 2019? Thanks

I'm assuming that the person has not applied to any school. Before you apply, you need some time to prepare for the test. Let's say you take the test by March, many (good) schools would have reached deadlines for the Fall semester by then. So you may not likely meet up.

Nonetheless, if you are from India or maybe China grin, you can prepare for a short time and meet up with January or February deadlines, depending on the school. Do you get?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ttosyne: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2017
@bushlance can you pm me also apply to MSU .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ttosyne: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2017
@omoluabiguy
Walspring
Eze......
Have been trying to PM you guys but it wasn't going through please I need you help urgently .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:52am On Dec 31, 2017
temitope2598:

I share the same opinion.
There was a transcript here some weeks back of a lady who had her first degree(Bachelor of Arts) in English and literary studies I think.
She's was switching careers to Computer Science and going for another Bachelors and she gave her reasons to the Interviewing officer. Ofcourse, she got her visa approved.

This doesn't mean it's impossible to get your visa approved if it's still in the same career path, but like imperioux (one of the few people I regard so well on this forum said). You've got to have strong persuasion skills.

That lady is @Messibliss207. You can search her to see how she navigated her way to convince the VO. She studied English at first degree (B. A) and started working in the IT department thereby developing a passion for IT related courses that forced her to delve into pursuing a fresh B. Sc in IT so as to get an in depth knowledge of her new found love (IT). It's a clear and convincing scenario than one going to rigmarole in same field of study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 11:55am On Dec 31, 2017
Fwesh101:

Thanks here is my mail
Makinde.mayor@gmail.com

I have done that. I will send you more later, some of the files are too large.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.