|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1209087 members, 1562246 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 July 2014 at 05:32 AM
Poll: Who will get th final CL SpotTottenham Hotspurs: 0% (0 votes)
Manchester City: 100% (3 votes)
Liverpool FC: 0% (0 votes)
Aston Villa: 0% (0 votes)
Everton: 0% (0 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended
|EPL 4th Place - The race for the final Cl spot by biina: 6:38am On Mar 31, 2010|
With 7 (or less) games left to play, who is your favorite team to clinch the final CL spot?
1. Tottenham Hotspurs:
- Currently 4th with 58pts and 7 games to play.
- Remaining EPL games include Sunderland (A), Arsenal (H), Chelsea (H), ManU (A), Bolton(H), Citeh(A) and Burnley(A).
- They are still in the FA cup and that adds a few more matches to their schedule.
- The game against Citeh in the final mid-week could be the decider, but then spurs could also be out of the race by then, given they will be playing the top 3 teams in succession (two on the road) and are likely to come out of that sequence averaging less than 1pt a game.
2. Manchester City:
- Currently 5th with 56pts and 7 games to play.
- Remaining EPL games include Burnley (A), Birmingham (H), ManU (H), Arsenal (A), Villa(H), Spurs(H) and West Ham(A).
- They are out of the FA cup and can focus squarely on their remaining games
- They have to be the odds on favorite to clinch the final spot, but their recent form has been disappointing. They have key home games against other contenders in Villa and Spurs, and wins in both games will more or less clinch the fourth spot for them. Their remaining games also include games against ManU and Arsenal.
- Currently 6th with 54pts and 6 games to play.
- Remaining EPL games include Birmingham(A), Fulham (H), West Ham(H), Burnley(A), Chelsea (H), and Hull City (A)
- They are out of the FA cup but still in the UEFA cup and being their last chance at silverware, may take priority over the EPL.
- The game against Chelsea in the penultimate weekend is the only opposition from the upper echelon of the league and they should get maximum point from their other games. Even so, they are still
favored as they are a few points behind spurs and Citeh, and have played one more game. If Spurs and Citeh win their games in hand, liverpool will have to make up at least 5 pts in 6 games.
4. Aston Villa
- Currently 7th with 51pts and 7 games to play.
- Remaining EPL games include Bolton(A), Everton (H), Portsmouth (A), Hull City (A), Birmingham (H), Citeh(A) and Blackburn(H).
-They are still in the FA cup and that adds a few more matches to their schedule.
- The game against Everton gives them a chance at knocking Everton out of the race. They will need to win all their remaining games to stand a chance, but the humbling they got from Chelsea makes it unlikely. Still they may turn out to be spoilers for Citeh.
- Currently 8th with 49pts and 6 games to play.
- Remaining EPL games include West Ham (H), Villa (A), Blackburn(A) Fulham (H), Stoke(A), and Portsmouth (H)
- Out of the FA cup and have only the league to play for.
- Everton's bid for a CL place could be over very soon if the lose to Villa. Already they need a miracle to get the final spot, and any slip up essentially nails their coffin.
- Other teams with mathematical chances of making the final spot are Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham and Stoke City
|Re: EPL 4th Place - The race for the final Cl spot by eyoniggar(m): 9:34am On Mar 31, 2010|
I think Citeh are in a better shape to clinch the 4th place
come the end of this season.
However Everton also stand a good chance to
shoot up to the 4th place if they can pick the whole 18 points, reason being that games left
are much more of weaker teams compared to the rest.
West Ham (H), Villa (A), Blackburn(A) Fulham (H), Stoke(A), and Portsmouth (H)
|Re: EPL 4th Place - The race for the final Cl spot by chelseabmw(m): 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2010|
i predict to tottenham for four place
|Re: EPL 4th Place - The race for the final Cl spot by Brisingr(m): 6:48am On Apr 02, 2010|
Man city for me
|Re: EPL 4th Place - The race for the final Cl spot by biina: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2010|
With their 6-1 thrashing of burnley, and spurs loss to Sunderland, Citeh have moved to 4th place. Villa and Liverpool are now 5pts behind them with 6 games left to play.
Spurs will next play Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU, and the shocking loss to Sunderland might have ended their bid for the CL spot
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 793