Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 (73223 Views)

Leeds vs Manchester United (2 - 4) On 20th February 2022 / Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019 / Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Neurotika: 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2018
I don't see Barcelona lifting this champions league. But anyone ready to bet, they definitely are qualifying for the next round. They are more pragmatic than beautiful under this new manager.

6 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by stanluiz(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
Evathyst:
Conte no try for this match at all!

I see no reason why he'll play Pedro who was useless throughout the 90 mins whilst keeping Morata or Giroud on the bench. undecided

And that Fabregas also, dude should have been substituted long ago. He's becoming too lazy these days. He made Kante worked too hard.

My only problem with Conte is his defensive mindset whenever he's up against any big team. Mehn! That Chelsea vs Man City 1st leg was an eyesore. Today's match also was terrible! Tufia! Little did Conte realize that Barca is no longer as spectacular as they used to be. undecided
Thank you very much dear.

I see no reason why he should bench morata and play hazard as a false 9 .Pedro was totally lost in that game.
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by dotcomnamename: 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
GARY LINEKER just asked Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard if Chelsea can still qualify:

RIO FERDINAND and STEVEN GERRARD said:

''No, No, It's a No''

Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Lol, because they know that 'Camp Nou' is Hell Fire. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Cadec007(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
Maiconyoung:
the fact that these haters keep presenting this barca like an invincible team b4 this match and they were disappointed is hilarious. It will actually be about who need it more like u said nt watever theory their phones are typing about Barca and Chelsea defence.
come again

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by NonFarmPayrol: 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
sadist saying barca goal was cheap

go and cancel it

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
Cadec007:
after they would say man u love history. While they would quote history with no relevance now........my broda me too i aff tire o
at least d history is still working, "ruthless barca" still fails to win against a "wobbling chelsea" like u guys portrayed it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Edoblakky(m): 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
Cadec007:
bros calm down take a deep breath and you would realize that teams like barça don't exit competitions as early as the RO16
Oga, Messi has never scored against Chelsea until 2day. That's how Barca will exit at this stage. There's always a first time and I know the shock of Barca's exit will hide many of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Olutola88(m): 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
prinsam30:
this useless conte abi Na cante.... y the hell will he bench Morata and girud Na to dey jump upandan.... useless coach just go cut my ticket
.Playing without any of those two ordinary heads was the best decision. Either Morata or Giroud would have been short 1 in the game.

The only mistake was pairing Christensen and Rudiger (2 inexperienced defenders) against a world class Barcelona attack

Overall, I wish WIllian could beat up Christensen in the dressing room for wasting his effort

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
Cadec007:
come again
where d person dat said it will be about who needs it more? If yes then i said u are correct.
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by emu22(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
Himmler:

So in which round did barca crash out in 2004/2005 season? And guess who sent them packing that year cool

Have been observing all the childish comment from all the Chelsea haters and it's obvious they don't know history about this particular fixture, Barça will play anybody in the champions league but not Chelsea,as a Chelsea fan given our recent form I didnt give Chelsea a chance but after the match I realized that this fixture is far beyond current form, so anything can happen. Put your money where your mouth is come 14th of March..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by forgiveness: 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
laydoh:
nonsense,do u even watch the match?wat will den call willian's goal then.

Nothing special for both goals though Williams goals was more difficult to score considering the numbers of players shielding the ball and the distance. Chikena.
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Cadec007(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
Edoblakky:
Oga, Messi has never scored against Chelsea until 2day. That's how Barca will exit at this stage. There's always a first time and I know the shock of Barca's exit will hide many of you.
till then stay blessed
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Cadec007(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
Maiconyoung:
and u think Chelsea don't have d ambition and hunger to match them?
ambition no ambition chelsea are out
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Ximenez(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
Checked86:
another history to hold on to. Chelsea fans love history pass real football. i taya for una
And You are?
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
dotcomnamename:
GARY LINEKER just asked Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard if Chelsea can still qualify:

RIO FERDINAND and STEVEN GERRARD said:

''No, No, It's a No''

Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Lol, because they know that 'Camp Nou' is Hell Fire. grin grin grin
they asked the wrong people, they should ask Torres and Ramires lets hear what they have to say.

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by engrchykae(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
Slymonster:

It can happen..Pitch is fair enough for everyone..We have done it before
can you win at the nou camp?
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Bamz(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
Maiconyoung:
the fact that these haters keep presenting this barca like an invincible team b4 this match and they were disappointed is hilarious. It will actually be about who need it more like u said nt watever theory their phones are typing about Barca and Chelsea defence.

I agree. It seems nobody checks the head-to-head records between the teams. Realistically, the FA Cup and the UCL are Chelsea's chances of a trophy. I don't think Chelsea will lose outrightly at the Camp. I only see them losing by a blank draw or penalties.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Cadec007:
ambition no ambition chelsea are out
just like u predicted a thrashing for them 2day ryt?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Cadec007(m): 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Himmler:

So in which round did barca crash out in 2004/2005 season? And guess who sent them packing that year cool
i reserve my comment but till march 14 stay alive
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Evathyst(f): 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
stanluiz:
Thank you very much dear.

I see no reason why he should bench morata and play hazard as a false 9 .Pedro was totally lost in that game.
Sometimes the weed these coaches smoke is mind blowing!

Most Chelsea fans are just so content with mediocrity, else they would have known this particular Barca is beatable.

Make Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool catch this Barca, they will destroy them like person wey Dangote trailer hit.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Olutola88(m): 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
adexeli:
Smh... Conte didn't make any wrong selection, Christensen was brilliant throughout the match, just that mistake and who on earth is infallible??
That's a big fat lie. Christensen made similar mistake in the first half. You didn't notice that because it didn't lead to a goal.

As for the one that led to the goal, the mistake is UNACCEPTABLE and UNFORGIVABLE. This is champions league and not Preason tour.
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by netflicks(m): 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
KingOfThePay:
Goal Ball Messsii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God of Soccer
And the record is broken!!! grin cheesy

World Best rada rada !!! Last DON standing

Bros record no break abeg play ur return leg before u conclude... Or Na messi record u dey talk?
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Adiwana: 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ximenez:
All these noise makers who just started watching football yesterday saying It's impossible for Chelsea to beat Barca at Nou Camp, apart from the fact that nothing is impossible in football, Chelsea don't necessarily have to beat them there. A draw of 2-2 and above is enough for Chelsea to qualify, the last match at camp Nou between the two side ended 2-2 with Chelsea playing the majority of the match with 10 men. Luck was on Barca side today, for the goal and the ball hitting the post twice.

Even Arsenal fans who witness being raped home and away 10-2 by a team that has no Messi in it are trolling Chelsea cheesy

This game was all about tactics and if you had watched the match and know about how both managers work in terms of tactics,you will know that saying chelsea won't need to win the 2nd leg is totally out of question. Barca under this manager are ready to sit out this game 0-0 and this means Chelsea will need to come out to at least take the game to extra time.Chelsea going for 2 goals in that game is their end.What they need in that game is to get an early goal which will leave barca chasing that game.Anything short of that,they are out of this ucl

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
Bamz:

I agree. It seems nobody checks the head-to-head records between the teams. Realistically, the FA Cup and the UCL are Chelsea's chances of a trophy. I don't think Chelsea will lose outrightly at the Camp. I only see them losing by a blank draw or penalties.
I told a friend dat this tie will be decided by penalty shootout b4 2day and it could be possible, dat tie will be more fiesty than a final.
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Ximenez(m): 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
emu22:

Have been observing all the childish comment from all the Chelsea haters and it's obvious they don't know history about this particular fixture, Barça will play anybody in the champions league but not Chelsea,as a Chelsea fan given our recent form I didnt give Chelsea a chance but after the match I realized that this fixture is far beyond current form, so anything can happen. Put your money where your mouth is come 14th of March..
Barca knw it wasn't going to be easy for them, even Rakitic talked about it yesterday. Only those who know nothing about football would assume that Barca will come to England and beat Chelsea the way they always beat Arsenal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by medolab90(m): 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2018
Chelsea fans never accept defeat always looking for excuse

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Ximenez(m): 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2018
Adiwana:

This game was all about tactics and if you had watched the match and know about how both managers work in terms of tactics,you will know that saying chelsea won't need to win the 2nd leg is totally out of question. Barca under this manager are ready to sit out this game 0-0 and this means Chelsea will need to come out to at least take the game to extra time.Chelsea going for 2 goals in that game is their end.What they need in that game is to get an early goal which will leave barca chasing that game.Anything short of that,they are out of this ucl
Like i said, Chelsea don't need to attack to score a goal, even two goals.
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Adiwana: 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2018
Olutola88:
You don't understand football.Playing without a any of those two ordinary heads was the best decision. Either Morata or Giroud would have been short 1 in the game.

The only mistake was pairing Christensen and Rudiger (2 inexperienced defenders) against a world class Barcelona attack

Overall, I wish WIllian could beat up Christensen in the dressing room for wasting his effort

Rudiger was impressive throughout the game.Christensen was very poor and was covered by azipicueta and rudiger.Why Luis is not playing beats me
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Olutola88(m): 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
medolab90:
What defeat? Did you watch the match at all? Abi you are high on Tramadol ?

Chelsea were the better side tonight!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Philinho(m): 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
engrchykae:
the clouds are gathering over the bridge by the magical powers of the unholy communion of messi and suarez.
The night has come.
Can you survive the night?
U can now see the power of BLUES
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Ximenez(m): 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
medolab90:
Who defeated who now?
Re: Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2018
Adiwana:

"chelsea going for two goals is their end" what a hilarious comment, and u thnk they will go all out uncautiously? Chelsea will play with hunger that barca will be matched crest for crest and trough for trough. Chelsea is on disadvantage now so they will be hungry than barca and u knw wat dat can do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Barcelona Fans Thread. / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 / Arsenal Vs Barcelona: UCL (0 - 2) On 23rd February 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.