Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period (4808 Views)

Safety Driving: When Behind A Truck / 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women / 4 Effective Fuel Management Tips During Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by nghubs1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
Its another festive season accompanied with busy roads and other road incidents. However, there are safety tips for drivers to adopt so as to reduce and possibly avoid any incident of road crashes.

1. Obey the rules of the road and carry your driver’s license with you.

2. Plan the route to your holiday destination and allow yourself enough time to reach the destination

3. Make sure that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition before departure. All lights and indicators, windscreens, windscreen wipers, brakes, steering, shock absorbers, exhaust system and tyres should be carefully examined for faults.

4. Do not overload.

5. Try to avoid driving after dark if possible.

6. Have a good rest before you embark on your journey

7. Take safety breaks every 2 hours or 200km. Rest, have an energy drink and continue once well rested.

8. Do not drink and drive

9. Try to recognize potentially dangerous drivers on and pedestrians alongside the road and keep well clear of them

10. Be visible – drive with your lights on

11. Headlights should be dipped well before an approaching vehicle is within the range of the main beam.

12. Always wear your seat belt and see that everyone in the car is wearing theirs.

13. Drive defensively

14. Stay within the speed limit at all times

15. Only overtake when it is absolutely safe to do so

16. Maintain at least a 2-second following distance – this distance should be increased at night, in foggy or rainy conditions and when the road is wet.

17. Expect others to not be as obedient to the law as yourself

18. Avoid distractions on the road such as texting, conversations on cellular phones etc

19. Be courteous towards fellow road users – keep your temper and resist the temptation to retaliate

20. Know your emergency numbers – When you need assistance, kindly call the following numbers

http://naijacarlovers.com/index.php/2017/12/11/safety-driving-tips-during-festive-period/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by nghubs1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by Tobicrystal(m): 7:07am On Dec 12, 2017
God save us
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by wildcatter23(m): 7:10am On Dec 12, 2017
Q
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by merits(m): 7:20am On Dec 12, 2017
i kukuma no dey go anywhere seff,when i wake up in the morning i take my 10km jogg,wash my car,park it under shade,on my dstv and watch natgeo wild the whole day and eat a nice food have enough sleep if necessary.

for those that will travel i wish you all safe journey.and more so,wash yourself properly before you leave village back to your destination after xmass cuz of village witch no to glue to your body,they can glue anything glue able.

enemy of progress.

1 Like

Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by Mcanie: 7:23am On Dec 12, 2017
Thanks
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by slimblinks: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2017
Where the numbers
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by moscobabs(m): 7:29am On Dec 12, 2017
Op thanks

But point number 8 contradicts point number 7
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by ud4u: 7:29am On Dec 12, 2017
Thanks
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by jaychubi: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2017
Rest every 2 hours u must be kidding me right

1 Like

Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by hardbody: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2017
The night before you travel in your car, park in a dark place, run your engine while your bonnet is open. The wisdom is you are able to identify tiny sparks from any wires, if any and address them before you leave town.

If you are accessing any town, especially those notorious for robbery, drive a bit out of place, boys hang around to watch lazy drivers that they can give a hot chase. If your skill shows you can be mad and brutal, they ignore you as a target. You can maintain law once you have passed the town and back on the highway.

1 Like

Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by greatbuc(m): 8:08am On Dec 12, 2017
Please listen o. I went for two rescues last night. Both victims lost their limbs just in kubwa fct. One is a corper who just left camp. I won't gore you with pictures.. You don't wish to see shredded legs
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by purplekayc(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2017
People won't listen to these simple tips even to wear seatbelt na wahala
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by SHANGALORLOR: 9:00am On Dec 12, 2017
Also make sure your side mirrors are in order and make good use of them.
Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by mattmobis(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2017
6. Have a good rest before you embark on your journey

This number 6 reminds me the first time I drove long distance (Lagos to Enugu), ; it was my first car too. I traveled with my wife and a friend who claimed to know how to drive. We continued parking our luggage until almost 2am and i couldnt get enough rest. I asked my friend to start the driving so that i would sleep only to be told that he doesnt drive in highways.
I was shocked. But we had to travel. I was sleep-driving from Lagos to my village. It was a great miracle that we didnt perish. To be candid, many accidents on our roads could be attributed to sleeping on the steering, even in short distances.

1 Like

Re: Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period by Asek1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
Where are the numbers

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is Hardex Engine Oil? / Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? / BMW Recalls 11,700 Diesel Cars After Installing Wrong Engine Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.