Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Mourinho Hopes To Coach Man. Utd. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho Hopes To Coach Man. Utd. (1437 Views)

Costa Vs Aguero: The Strikers Spearheading Chelsea & Man. City's Title Hopes / Man Utd Player 'Ryan Giggs' To Sue Twitter (and Possibly NL) For Exposing Him / Chelsea's Quadruple Or Man Utd's Treble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Hopes To Coach Man. Utd. by grabdbull: 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
Jose Mourinho will put his return to England on hold for at least a year - with Manchester United his top job target.

The latest bulletin on Mourinho's future was delivered exclusively to People Sport in Manchester this week - by Jorge Mendes, agent and chief confidant of the Inter Milan boss.

He said Mourinho will snub approaches from Liverpool and Manchester City this summer.

Mendes was in Manchester to conclude negotiations for a new contract for United star Nani.

And at a lunch with the Portuguese international to celebrate his new contract at a packed city centre restaurant, Mendes said: "Jose is going nowhere just yet.

"I think Jose will stay at Inter Milan for now. He still has three years left on his contract and he is okay in Italy and doing a good job for them.

"He enjoyed the result at Chelsea last week, he was happy with his tactics and he handled himself very well in both matches. I think people enjoyed having him back again for a few days and you saw his humour.

"You know Jose loves English football and I think English football loves him - but for now he has no thoughts about leaving Serie A.'' That will be a blow to City's billionaire Abu Dhabi owners who have been wavering about Roberto Mancini recently - and waiting for any sign that Mourinho is ready to quit Italian football.

A bigger blow for the City regime is that if he does come to Manchester in the future it won't be to Eastlands but Old Trafford. Mourinho wants to manage United when Sir Alex Ferguson quits - ahead of even Barcelona and Real Madrid.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/41334/1/Mourinho-waits-for-Man-United/Page1.html
Re: Mourinho Hopes To Coach Man. Utd. by Iyineda(m): 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
This is good. REEAAALLLY good. Hehe. The only 2 managers are deem worthy successors for SAF are Mourinho and Hidink.
Re: Mourinho Hopes To Coach Man. Utd. by grabdbull: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2010
Mourhino, being a highly competent and successful coach, would definitely bring his experience to bear on Man. Utd if this happens. I believe he is the best man for the job.
Re: Mourinho Hopes To Coach Man. Utd. by grabdbull: 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lol.

Just bumped into this thread on my profile.

Quite a bit has happened since 2010.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wenger And Arsenal Do It Again! Time To Win / Chelsea Fan Dies After Man. Utd's First Goal / Alex Ferguson Faults Chelsea, Defends Ref Clattenburg In ‘racism’ Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.