Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? (2697 Views)

Word Of GOD Is Light (proverbs 6:21-23) / Light The Sacred Lamp In Your Heart / Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
To narrow this down:

Light is an energy and for energy to be propagated, there is sure the need for its source.
So, with this deduction; I believe Light exists as an entity.

Darkness requires no energy, it simply appears where/when there is absence of light.
I personally believe, Darkness is a state of Nothingness.

So, with both deductions, we can all agree that; Darkness occurs when/where there is no light. Light nullifies the presence of darkness.

Light as an Entity proves that its energy needs to be propagated for continous existence, which also proves that it must have been designed/created.

Light without being well propagated will diminish, while darkness needs no such attention to exist, it simply exists where there is no light.

So, would you say Light is the absence of Darkness or Darkness is the absence of Light? (Kindly give reasons for your answer)

Here is the main question;
Looking at how the Sun and the Moon have been set in a perfect space for the existence of many, how can one leave that to chance?
Lets not forget, Light as an entity requires well designed/created and propagated energy.

How can we say, there is no designer for such magnitude of energy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
I'd say it's unknown...Cos they both work hand in hand, without darkness you cannot appreciate light and vice-versa
The fact that light is more important to humans than darkness may affect our judgment...To the living things that appreciate the dark more than light, they may not think the same...but that's just my thoughts tho
As regards to your other questions,i get it and that's where i am right now...But i first i would like to know if your asking this questions from a religious point of view or because somehow you think there is a chance that a creator exists but not the religious theory?
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:
I'd say it's unknown...Cos they both work hand in hand, without darkness you cannot appreciate light and vice-versa
The fact that light is more important to humans than darkness may affect our judgment...To the living things that appreciate the dark more than light, they may not think the same...but that's just my thoughts tho
Thanks for your contribution, bro.

Here are some questions I'll like to ask;

Can light be, without being created or without having a source?
What are the living things that appreciates Darkness more than Light?
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
Boland:
Thanks for your contribution, bro.

Here are some questions I'll like to ask;

Can light be, without being created or without having a source?
What are the living things that appreciates Darkness more than Light?
No problemo,and i just modified my comment,so you can check it
1. I've never really thought about it... I'll def start thinking about this and see if i can come up with any theory
2.Well, there's lots of them,the ability to see in the dark is one of the advantages of most predators and also preys...but not all animals see well in the dark,so they prolly won't appreciate darkness
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by johnydon22(m): 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Boland:
To narrow this down:

Light is an energy and for energy to be propagated, there is sure the need for its source.
So, with this deduction; I believe Light exists as an entity.

Darkness requires no energy, it simply appears where/when there is absence of light.
I personally believe, Darkness is a state of Nothingness.

Correct on the notion that light requires a source and darkness doesn't (necessarily) Darkness is basically a default state.

So, with both deductions, we can all agree that; Darkness occurs when/where there is no light. Light nullifies the presence of darkness.

Correct.

Light as an Entity proves that its energy needs to be propagated for continous existence, which also proves that it must have been designed/created.

Causality doesn't necessarily mean designed. But we both agree there must be a source for light to be.

Light without being well propagated will diminish, while darkness needs no such attention to exist, it simply exists where there is no light.

So, would you say Light is the absence of Darkness or Darkness is the absence of Light? (Kindly give reasons for your answer)

One is a default state, the other is an effect.

Here is the main question;
Looking at how the Sun and the Moon have been set in a perfect space for the existence of many, how can one leave that to chance?
Lets not forget, Light as an entity requires well designed/created and propagated energy.

Sun burns through nuclear fusion, the elements for nuclear fusion exists, atoms exist therefore such reactions are inevitable and are perfectly natural.

Moon is not a light

How can we say, there is no designer for such magnitude of energy?

Because natural explanations suffice

1 Like

Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
At the fringe of light there is darkness. Every inward shift light make darkness moves in in the same proportion.

On earth.... A step away from light is a step closer to darkness. For instance, if a bulb is the only source of light available to a group of people and one person moves some steps away from the light..... The intensity of the light as it relate to that person will reduce until he fades away into total darkness....

This clearly show us that, darkness is the original state of the earth before creation and God has to bring the light of His nature to manifestation before creation can be achieved. (Genesis 1vs 2)
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

No problemo,and i just modified my comment,so you can check it
1. I've never really thought about it... I'll def start thinking about this and see if i can come up with any theory
2.Well, there's lots of them,the ability to see in the dark is one of the advantages of most predators and also preys...but not all animals see well in the dark,so they prolly won't appreciate darkness
To your number 2 answer; You're right. Some animals hunt well/better and productively in the dark, but they wouldn't prefer the dark to light.
Since they can also hunt in the day time, that's to say the effect of the dark on their hunt is not all that important, and also, they are also victims to the terrors of the dark, even the bigger predators.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2017
Zenithpeak:
At the fringe of light there is darkness. Every inward shift light make darkness moves in in the same proportion.

On earth.... A step away from light is a step closer to darkness. For instance, if a bulb is the only source of light available to a group of people and one person moves some steps away from the light..... The intensity of the light as it relate to that person will reduce until he fades away into total darkness....

This clearly show us that, darkness is the original state of the earth before creation and God has to bring the light of His nature to manifestation before creation can be achieved. (Genesis 1vs 2)
Thanks my brother.
Well said.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
Boland:
To your number 2 answer; You're right. Some animals hunt well/better and productively in the dark, but they wouldn't prefer the dark to light. Since they can also hunt in the day time, that's to say the effect of the dark on their hunt is not all that important and also, they are also victims to the terrors of the dark, evil the bigger predators.
I guess so,but lets take bats for example,they clearly despise light,light literally makes them blind,which is the opposite of humans who are blind when they are in the dark...Now to bats darkness is more important than light,so if they could also talk right now they prolly say and think the opposite of what humans think... That's why i said that to me it's unknown, cos we can only understand anything from our perspective but the moment you start thinking with an unbiased mind you start seeing in much bigger way...Hope you get what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2017
johnydon22:

Correct on the notion that light requires a source and darkness doesn't (necessarily) Darkness is basically a default state.

Correct.

Causality doesn't necessarily mean designed. But we both agree there must be a source for light to be.

One is a default state, the other is an effect.

Sun burns through nuclear fusion, the elements for nuclear fusion exists, atoms exist therefore such reactions are inevitable and are perfectly natural.

Moon is not a light

Because natural explanations suffice
Well articulated.

Do you think the Nuclear fusion that could have brought about the existence of the Sun is as a result of coincidence?

Could it have been that the complexity in the existence of the Sun came about through the product of Chance?

Oh well, maybe it is.

How about the perfect space in which it was placed/ situated. Could that also have been a product of coincidence?

Life on earth wouldn't have happened if the Sun is as close to us as Moon or even Jupiter.

Of course, there must have been some sort of materials/elements that would have made up the Sun, but here is what most Athiest miss; those materials/elements couldn't have gathered up by themselves, there must have been a Mind behind it all.

Also, Kindly explain how the Moon is not a form of Light?
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

I guess so,but lets take bats for example,they clearly despise light,light literally makes them blind,which is the opposite of humans who are blind when they are in the dark...Now to bats darkness is more important than light,so if they could also talk right now they prolly say and think the opposite of what humans think... That's why i said that to me it's unknown, cos we can only understand anything from our perspective but the moment you start thinking with an unbiased mind you start seeing in much bigger way...Hope you get what I'm saying

We can not go far with this very important topic if we try to view it from earthly perspective alone.

Did you realise that, light and darkness were spiritual rather than natural?

We need to trace both to their original source.......

But, we can not do this outside God and Bible and like @op doesn't really fancy that idea.

My observations though.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Well, you're right to an extent and I get your point, but we've seen evidences to prove that Light requires energy and a source to effect. Darkness is a default state, it needs no source. Light is a product and darkness is an absence of light, a state of nothingness.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Zenithpeak:

We can not go far with this very important topic if we try to view it from earthly perspective alone.

But, we can not do this outside God and Bible and like @op doesn't really fancy that idea.

My observations though.

@ The embolded, that is not true, bro. In fact that is where I am going, my intention is to try and reason out this matter with them without using a medium which the know not about.
Of course, you're right, the source needs to be traced to their original source, just that these folks don't recognise the source, all what I'm trying to do is to use Logic in which they so much believe in to bring them to recognise the true source, by showing them evidences from the scriptures that align with what they see.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 9:38pm On Dec 11, 2017
Boland:
Well, you're right to an extent and I get your point, but we've seen evidences to prove that Light requires energy and a source to effect. Darkness is a default state, it needs no source. Light is a product and darkness is an absence of light, a state of nothingness.
Darkness cannot be a default state or seen as a default state is light does not exist... You can only make assumptions but you can't really know the real answer...The sun may not actually be the source of light on earth,you don't know,you can only ase your assumptions on what science said or what is accepted generally as a fact,maybe there's light in darkness and darkness in light, I can't say for sure(note the use of may)... All i know is that we humans tend to assume we know,that our little brains can understand the magnitude of the unknown,and this to me is our greatest disadvantage
This is just my opinion.. I'm not forcing anyone to concur with me,just saying my own

1 Like

Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
Zenithpeak:

My observations though.

Noted
I'd like to know why you think that light and dark originated from God?
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Darkness cannot be a default state or seen as a default state is light does not exist... You can only make assumptions but you can't really know the real answer...The sun may not actually be the source of light on earth,you don't know,you can base your assumptions on what science said,maybe there's light in darkness and darkness in light, I can't say for sure(note the use of may)... All i know is that we humans tend to assume we know,that our little brains can understand the magnitude of the unknown,and this to me is our greatest disadvantage
This is just my opinion.. I'm not forcing anyone to concur with me,just saying my own
In Genesis 1 verse 3, God said; Let there be light.

If you're a Christian, this is to show you that, Light was created because it was absent.
In the same Genesis 1 verse 2, it reads; And the earth was without form and void and Darkness was upon the surface of the deep.

That's to say, Darkness occurs in a void (Nothingness) state.

If you aren't a Christian; Here is a simple logic to further buttress my point: The fact that the earth (and other planet) rotates around the sun and when a part of the earth faces the direction of the Sun, the region experiences Light (Day), that shows that the Sun is a major source of Light to the earth.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:
As regards to your other questions,i get it and that's where i am right now...But i first i would like to know if your asking this questions from a religious point of view or because somehow you think there is a chance that a creator exists but not the religious theory?
Oh. Just seeing this now.

Well, I'm asking this from a religious religious point of view. And Yes, I believe in Jesus, but first I will like to understand your own view and perhaps we can learn one or two things fromeach other and hopefully we will reach the truth.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Zenithpeak(m): 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Noted
I'd like to know why you think that light and dark originated from God?

1 John 1:5 KJV
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

The first time we encountered light on earth was revealed to us in Gen 1vs 3 and that light was not a created light but light as per nature of God.... The light of His presence! Later, He created light of the sun, and moon and stars take it's light from the sun.

The created lights take their source from God.

Darkness...

Darkness came to existence as a result of Lucifer's rebellion. The event brought a lot things to light that was not part of creation of the then world. e.g fire. Just like the fall of man change the whole atmosphere....

Modified

The darkness that emanate as a result of Lucifer's rebellion is the reason for the darkness in Gen 1vs 2.

As far as we know, light is relevant to us because the prevailing condition of earth is predominantly darkness. If God withdrawn the source from which the sun tap its light, then we are in trouble.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Zenithpeak(m): 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Boland:
@ The embolded, that is not true, bro. In fact that is where I am going, my intention is to try and reason out this matter with them without using a medium which the know not about.
Of course, you're right, the source needs to be traced to their original source, just that these folks don't recognise the source, all what I'm trying to do is to use Logic in which they so much believe in to bring them to recognise the true source, by showing them evidences from the scriptures that align with what they see.

I'm very glad to know that we are operating on the same platform.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
Boland:

If you're a Christian, this is to show you that, Light was created because it was absent.
In the same Genesis 1 verse 2, it reads; And the earth was without form and void and Darkness was upon the surface of the deep.

If you aren't a Christian; Here is a simple logic to further buttress my point: The fact that the earth (and other planet) rotates around the sun and when a part of the earth faces the direction of the Sun, the region experiences Light (Day), that shows that the Sun is a major source of Light to the earth.

And without the Sun created by Christ Jesus the Word of Life, the earth will return to its original state of nothingness and darkness...

Indeed, God is wonderful!
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 7:52am On Dec 12, 2017
Boland:

1.I don't believe in the Bible's version of creation cos of the many holes and faults that are not thoroughly explained...i would come to this later
2.What we humans think is darkness to me still has light in it,darkness would be equals to your ability to see nothing like when you close your eyes or a blind person...That to is the total absence of light,what happens is that the eyes is unable to depict the light anymore,it doesn't mean that the light is not there...Light and darkness to me are always to constant,they are neither absent,we only say they are absent because our eyes cannot depict the one we think is absent due to certain factors...Both need the presence or absence of a luminous object which means they are both dependent on it and the luminous object is the medium...the sun and stars are the major ones.me reason i said you can't say,you can only assume based on your perspective...when a bat goes blind due to light, isn't that the opposite of what humans would experience,the ability for your eyes to work well in the light doesn't mean it's the same for all animals that existed at differnt times over the course of existence.. It's all about balance,the fact that the the earh rotates makes some parts of the earth dark and vice versa...they are both very important,and it all depends on your perspective,what you can see but given your not only seeing this you cannot say for sure that your perspective is correct without using the contributions from other life forms.. In the end your still only limited to your human capabilities..
3.Darkness is not the same thing as nothingness, nothingness is much greater than darkness,cos existence and non existence cannot be the same as dark and light...Your human brain can only assume that nothingness must be darkness and all but it's much greater than that...Like i keep repeating you are only limited by what you can think and process as a human...imagine the time you were not existing,you may have this assumption that it was dark(because you think nothingness is darkness) but in truth it's something you brain naturally won't be able to comprehend or process,so your brain now uses something you can comprehend to explain what you can't...the same thing as a dreamless sleep,you wake up and your like all i saw was black,and i woke up this morning,what your trying to say in essence is you became unconscious and somehow non existent but your brain can't process non-existence so it tries to break it down to darkness... Hope I'm not confusing
This is only a thought experiment, I'm not saying in correct tho
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Light is an offshoot of the glory of God.

Light is the only thing that give meaning to existence.

From one of my divine revelations, I have seen what pure Light is (to the glory of God Almighty) ... There is no word to describe it in this present age. It is pure, gentle, silent, comforting, devoid of knowledge of darkness..... There is no fear in it.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

That is why that portion @bolded is of special intrest to me personally.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 8:19am On Dec 12, 2017
Zenithpeak:

The first time we encountered light on earth was revealed to us in Gen 1vs 3 and that light was not a created light but light as per nature of God.... The light of His presence! Later, He created light of the sun, and moon and stars take it's light from the sun.

The created lights take their source from God.

Darkness...

Darkness came to existence as a result of Lucifer's rebellion. The event brought a lot things to light that was not part of creation of the then world. e.g fire. Just like the fall of man change the whole atmosphere....

Modified

The darkness that emanate as a result of Lucifer's rebellion is the reason for the darkness in Gen 1vs 2.

As far as we know, light is relevant to us because the prevailing condition of earth is predominantly darkness. If God withdrawn the source from which the sun tap its light, then we are in trouble.
1.The fact that darkness meant light would have existed,because light is the opposite of darkness...And without one there there would be no balance...
2.Lucifer didn't bring about darkness cos according to the bible darkness has always existed and God is the light which is the same thing I'm trying to say only that I'm sure about the theories from the Bible...Lucifer is also made of light according to our human perception of angels,and according to Ezekiel's analysis called him the bright amd morning star,said he was made of the most beautiful stones...so i don't think that your theory is correct..i always stand to be corrected
3.The sun is a star, prolly the smallest of them all...
4.If light was to be taken away or if all perceived sources of light was to be taken away then there would be disruption in the balance,hence a much greater consequence,preadventure the sun ceases to exist then it means there is an absence of a luminous object which means that earth would be in darkness and this would end existence on earth due to the lack of benefits we get from it... Funny thing is the sun isn't only for light,it gives heat etc which is why i believe it's just a medium and not the source of light itself
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2017
Boland:

If you're a Christian, this is to show you that, Light was created [/b]because it was absent.
In the same Genesis 1 verse 2, it reads; And the earth was without form and void and [b] Darkness
was upon the surface of the deep.

@bolded is not a creation but God the creator manifesting himself.... I.e God brought himself from heaven to earth for the purpose of given form to the formless earth and it must be by command (faith)

Answer this questions....

If the light in Gen 1vs 3 was created why the need for the creation of sun and moon in vs 14?

What happened to the light in vs 3 after creation of the constellations?

Can we see any other source of light on earth apart from light from the sun?
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 8:47am On Dec 12, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Answer is 100℅ yes...Volcanic lava,fireflies and other glow in the dark plants and animals etc... Although they may not be a source of bright light, it's still light cos it enables you to see fairly well
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:58am On Dec 12, 2017
EmperorHarry:

1.The fact that darkness meant light would have existed,because light is the opposite of darkness...And without one there there would be no balance...
2[b].Lucifer didn't bring about darkness cos according to the bible darkness has always existed and God is the light which is the same thing I'm trying to say only that I'm sure about the theories from the Bible...Lucifer is also made of light according to our human perception of angels,and according to Ezekiel's analysis called him the bright amd morning star,said he was made of the most beautiful stones...so i don't think that your theory is correct..i always stand to be corrected[color=#990000[/b]][/color]
3.The sun is a star, prolly the smallest of them all...
4.If light was to be taken away or if all perceived sources of light was to be taken away then there would be disruption in the balance,hence a much greater consequence,preadventure the sun ceases to exist then it means there is an absence of a luminous object which means that earth would be in darkness and this would end existence on earth due to the lack of benefits we get from it... Funny thing is the sun isn't only for light,it gives heat etc which is why i believe it's just a medium and not the source of light itself

@no2 What you don't understand is that, there was a time in the universe of God when there is light without the presence of darkness at all.

I don't know how vast you are in the understanding of concept of cause and effect.

Every action always trigger an appropriate response. Darkness is the direct response of God to the rebellion of Lucifer and his rebel angels. Lucifer was not the darkness but darkness come into existence because of him.

If you carefully consider Ezekiel 28:12-19 account of the bible, you will understand God's response to Lucifer's action and that is BRIGHTNESS becomes corruption..... What is the meaning of brigthness becoming corruption?
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2017
Zenithpeak:

@no2 What you don't understand is that, there was a time in the universe of God when there is light without the presence of darkness at all.

I don't know how vast you are in the understanding of concept of cause and effect.

Every action always trigger an appropriate response. Darkness is the direct response of God to the rebellion of Lucifer and his rebel angels. Lucifer was not the darkness but darkness come into existence because of him.

If you carefully consider Ezekiel 28:12-19 account of the bible, you will understand God's response to Lucifer's action and that is BRIGHTNESS becomes corruption..... What is the meaning of brigthness becoming corruption?

The association of light with God&good and darkness with the devil&evil is what could be the basis of your theory...Once you can think outside that basis then you will understand what I'm saying
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
EmperorHarry:

1.I don't believe in the Bible's version of creation cos of the many holes and faults that are not thoroughly explained...i would come to this later
2.What we humans think is darkness to me still has light in it,darkness would be equals to your ability to see nothing like when you close your eyes or a blind person...That to is the total absence of light,what happens is that the eyes is unable to depict the light anymore,it doesn't mean that the light is not there...Light and darkness to me are always to constant,they are neither absent,we only say they are absent because our eyes cannot depict the one we think is absent due to certain factors...Both need the presence or absence of a luminous object which means they are both dependent on it and the luminous object is the medium...the sun and stars are the major ones.me reason i said you can't say,you can only assume based on your perspective...when a bat goes blind due to light, isn't that the opposite of what humans would experience,the ability for your eyes to work well in the light doesn't mean it's the same for all animals that existed at differnt times over the course of existence.. It's all about balance,the fact that the the earh rotates makes some parts of the earth dark and vice versa...they are both very important,and it all depends on your perspective,what you can see but given your not only seeing this you cannot say for sure that your perspective is correct without using the contributions from other life forms.. In the end your still only limited to your human capabilities..
3.Darkness is not the same thing as nothingness, nothingness is much greater than darkness,cos existence and non existence cannot be the same as dark and light...Your human brain can only assume that nothingness must be darkness and all but it's much greater than that...Like i keep repeating you are only limited by what you can think and process as a human...imagine the time you were not existing,you may have this assumption that it was dark(because you think nothingness is darkness) but in truth it's something you brain naturally won't be able to comprehend or process,so your brain now uses something you can comprehend to explain what you can't...the same thing as a dreamless sleep,you wake up and your like all i saw was black,and i woke up this morning,what your trying to say in essence is you became unconscious and somehow non existent but your brain can't process non-existence so it tries to break it down to darkness... Hope I'm not confusing
This is only a thought experiment, I'm not saying in correct tho
I get your point but, you know I can't just base my own belief on this matter on assumptions and experiment, when I know I have a fact.

Answer this question:

Has it ever occured that: The source of darkness in a particular space was found?
Does Darkness has source?
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
Zenithpeak:

@bolded is not a creation but God the creator manifesting himself.... I.e God brought himself from heaven to earth for the purpose of given form to the formless earth and it must be by command (faith)

Answer this questions....

If the light in Gen 1vs 3 was created why the need for the creation of sun and moon in vs 14?

What happened to the light in vs 3 after creation of the constellations?

@ the bolded, The phrase let there be light proves 2 things:

1) There was no light before in the space in which the light was intended for.

2) The light was designed.

In the same verse 14 that you pointed out, God said let there be light (The same phrase He used in verse 3) in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night.
This simply means, the light here was designed for a specific purpose, and since the same phrase was used in verse 3, we can conclude that the Light in verse 3 was also created. Although, the light in verse 3 may not be the Sun, but I still maintain that it was created.

Lets not argue on this my brother, not to disrupt the purpose of this thread, lets drop the argument and face the people which this thread is designed for, my brother.

Shalom.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by EmperorHarry: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2017
Boland:
I get your point but, you know I can't just base my own belief on this matter on assumptions and experiment, when I know I have a fact.

Answer this question:

Has it ever occured that: The source of darkness in a particular space was found?
Does Darkness has source?
Your still not getting my point,but i totally get it... It's prolly a scientific fact that the sun a source of light...but that's what scientist assume based on certain evidences that kind of light...Now ask yourself this questions
1.What is light?
2.Why is it that it's not only the sun that can give light?
3.Why does man made light exist?
4.If light is dependent on a source why isn't there just one source but everything luminous can bring light
5.What is darkness?
6.Why is it that we humans think that darkness doesn't need a source?
7.Could non luminous objects be the source of darkness also?
8.If the presence of a luminous object suddenly bring about light like a flash doesn't it mean that light is always there,and the moment the luminous object becomes non-luminous, everything becomes dark all of a sudden like darkness was always there and never left?
9.What if the swicth of a light bulb is actually the opposite sides of the same thing,the on side brings light and the off side brings darkness?
10.Why would i install light switch in the first place?Is it because light is more important to me than darkness?If the reverse was the case would i still think same?
11.Do i feel darkness is a default state because some external influence convinced me that it is a default state?
Would have listed more but I'll stop here
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Your still not getting my point,but i totally get it... It's prolly a scientific fact that the sun a source of light...but that's what scientist assume based on certain evidences that kind of light...Now ask yourself this questions
1.What is light?
2.Why is it that it's not only the sun that can give light?
3.Why does man made light exist?
4.If light is dependent on a source why isn't there just one source but everything luminous can bring light
5.What is darkness?
6.Why is it that we humans think that darkness doesn't need a source?
7.Could non luminous objects be the source of darkness also?
8.If the presence of a luminous object suddenly bring about light like a flash doesn't it mean that light is always there,and the moment the luminous object becomes non-luminous, everything becomes dark all of a sudden like darkness was always there and never left?
9.What if the swicth of a light bulb is actually the opposite sides of the same thing,the on side brings light and the off side brings darkness?
10.Why would i install light switch in the first place?Is it because light is more important to me than darkness?If the reverse was the case would i still think same?
11.Do i feel darkness is a default state because some external influence convinced me that it is a default state?
Would have listed more but I'll stop here
You're the one that is not getting my point.

I never said Light needs one source to be present, I said Light requires propagated energy to effect.

None lumnous objects can not be the source of darkness, non luminous objects obstruct light thus creates darkness at a particular space.

Here is the thing:

We don't need to "dig a well in the desert". The facts are here and are real, which is; Light requires propagated energy and darkness requires none.

All you are bringing up are assumptions, and here I have with me facts.
There have never in history of Mankind been discovered that there is a source of darkness.
Everyone knows that Light at any particlar space must have been a result of an energy present somehwere. This is the fact.

Except you can prove (with evidences) otherwise, I don't expect even you to base your argument on assumptions.
Re: Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? by Boland(m): 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

And without the Sun created by Christ Jesus the Word of Life, the earth will return to its original state of nothingness and darkness...

Indeed, God is wonderful!
Thank you, my brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MAN KNOW Thyself...the Three Basic Needs Of A Man. / Some Of The Yoruba Names That May Be Against The Book Of Life / President Jonathan Congratulat New Prelate Methodsist Church, Dr SCK Uche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.