Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? (5576 Views)

Book of Ephesians (*principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this world) / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / Is Light The Absence Of Darkness Or Darkness The Absence Of Light? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by lightblazingnow(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2017
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

How do you achieve this, is it by fighting Satanic authority and praying all manner of " I rebuke Satan prayers" die by fire and the list goes on?

One thing you need to realise here is that the apostles were not instructing you to wrestle with demons, hell no. Someone said since he pointed out that we should not wrestle with flesh and blood, we should then combat demons. Wrong. Listen carefully to what he is saying and you will get the point.

He said since we are not wrestling against flesh and blood, that means since men don't speak of themselves, the words they persecute you with don't come from them, you should clearly realise that this battle is coming from Satanic realms. So what should you do?

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins gaurd about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Here are the things he asked you to do, not to go about Fighting Satan. I mean the prayers most men of men have brought in to the church today is quite amazing. I sometimes wonder where they got such revelations from. Who taught them to pray such.

The truth of the matter is don't be deceived, that is what he's trying to tell you. Be established on the decrees and statues of God Almighty and not on what these evil forces are going about teaching.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by lightblazingnow(m): 1:39am On Sep 02, 2018
Excellent glory
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by IamTheAnswers: 5:30am On Sep 16, 2018
We hear
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by IamTheAnswers: 7:43am On Sep 23, 2018
Hallelujah hallelujah
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2018
Hallelujah hallelujah
Our conversation. It's called talking, speaking language. The New tongue.

Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2018
Interesting
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by jnrbayano(m): 8:18am On Nov 18, 2018
Surviving in Nigeria is the simplest example of

Wrestling against the power of darkness

8 Likes

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by WaffenSS(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2018
jnrbayano:
Surviving in Nigeria is the simplest example of

Wrestling against the power of darkness

What about surviving in Syria?

2 Likes

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Danelo(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2018
Wrestling against APC.

2 Likes

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2018
The children of God shall go and conquer.....

See What The Bible Says About Makeup
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by jnrbayano(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2018
WaffenSS:

Same

2 Likes

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2018
Wrestling against Apc and buhari...that's the meaning.

4 Likes

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Stocking: 8:22am On Nov 18, 2018
WaffenSS:

Do you or does he live in Syria?
Stupidity is a disease

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by SarkinYarki: 8:22am On Nov 18, 2018
Its exactly what we are facing under Buhari govt, As long as Buhari is in power Nigerians will be wrestling the power of darkness

3 Likes

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Hakeem12(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2018
As with most mythical and supernatural beings (yes, those are technically two different things), the only ‘evidence’ we have for such are the assertions of people that believe in such. You can read about demonic forces in many Holy Books, and definitely in much of the supporting literature produced outside of them.

It was a fairly common thing in medieval literature to attribute strange behaviour and mental illnesses to demonic possession: the threat from the Catholic Church was that, if you did not follow the doctrine and behave as a ‘good Catholic’, you might go to Hell, ruled over by Satan and his host of demon minions. Those particularly weak of faith might be subject to demonic attack while still alive: thus, they would be ‘possessed’, their souls stolen or suppressed, and their bodies inhabited by a fairly malevolent being. Or so people were told. Living in a superstitious time, you can imagine the effect that sort of thing had.

As for actual demons…nope, no evidence of them. You could point to any mentally-ill person suffering from a psychotic break and say “They’re possessed by a demon! They need an exorcism!”, but you could just as easily say “The Space Pixies have infested his brain! Bathe him in olive oil - it’s the only thing that works!”. And if you were living in an age where you were ill-educated and had absolutely no understanding of mental health (as was true in the times when stories of demons were widespread), you’d probably believe the person who said it, provided they were an authority (and the people saying it tended to be Priests, who had a lot of traditional authority!).

So, yeah, the Space Pixies got him. Sucks to be him, I guess.

But, realistically, ask yourself: if Demons existed and were as widespread as the Church once reported, how come we’ve never captured one on video? Or captured one in a net and sent it to a science lab? Do you suppose that just means they’re extra sneaky, and can’t be seen if you’re looking (it’s like the damn Space Pixies: they get you when you’re asleep!)? Or do you just suppose that they probably don’t exist, and somebody made them up?

I leave that conclusion to you. Just remember: olive oil for the Pixies. You may need it some day.

3 Likes

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Liveair: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2018
No. Just fight your problems of poor education and enlightenment. Then that of poverty. Then let's see which demons of darkness will still be standing.

1 Like

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Ruddyman(m): 8:39am On Nov 18, 2018
I think we should state our points or view without trying to undermine the view of others especially follow Christians...

Nothing wrong with the way or style of prayers of PEPs like MFM.....

The scripture you quoted is right as what a Christian should ARM himself or herself with but remember that from the days of John the baptist the Kingdom of God suffered violence and by violent taketh it by FORCE....

1 Like

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by fastseo: 8:40am On Nov 18, 2018
I will like you to read occult grandmaster now in christ vol 1 and 2.
Read also over coming the power of witchcraft.
Finally read this https://theeagleonline.com.ng/powers-of-midnight-prayer-1-by-gabriel-agbo/

The bible didn't speak in rhythm, it's clear and it states that there are spiritual wickedness going on around you which the physical eye can't see and the only way to overcome them is by being being holy having total faith in the Power of God while praying against this forces.

Opp know that there are entities that controls the earth and as a true Christian you are expected to pray against this forces
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Eberex(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2018
It means waking up and seeing stretched marks all over you, and then you open your Bible to pray and cast those demons coming to scratch your body while you sleep
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by WaffenSS(m): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2018
Stocking:

Do you or does he live in Syria?
Stupidity is a disease

I'm sorry you suffer from it.
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Intrepid01(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2018
Weldone Op...you have really done well with your research by listing all those bible verses...the only issue you have is that you require deeper understanding of those bible verses....ypur understanding is incomplete. I pray to God to increase our understanding....
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by Stocking: 9:05am On Nov 18, 2018
WaffenSS:

I'm sorry you suffer from it.

k
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by OyinO: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2018
Darkness is not evil. It is simply the absence of light.

1 Like

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by TMemos: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2018
Hope this also applies to Christians in developed countries such as Singapore, Sweden, Netherlands, Finland, etc
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by ehissi(m): 9:09am On Nov 18, 2018
T
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by femi4: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2018
All these illiterate Christian. You failed to explain these:

but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

So we are just putting on the whole amour of God and helmet of Salvation to attend a party.

Don't be deceive! You are here to wage war. The word "wrestle" means that war is inevitable

Jesus cast out demons and commanded his disciples to do likewise

Matthew 10:8

"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.

Mark 16:17

"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;

Apostle Paul did

Acts 16:18

She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!" And it came out at that very moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by icedbreez(m): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2018
Such rambling without making a valid point. If you want to overcome the spiritual forces on earth you have to be spiritually rugged as well. it's not a play thing.
How can you be quoting warfare scriptures and be saying the opposite?
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by lightblazingnow(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2018
Babes everywhere. The end will justify
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by danowena: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? 1COR15:32
Re: Wrestling Against The Power Of Darkness; What's The Meaning? by igwefivestar(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
lightblazingnow:
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

How do you achieve this, is it by fighting Satanic authority and praying all manner of " I rebuke Satan prayers" die by fire and the list goes on?

One thing you need to realise here is that the apostles were not instructing you to wrestle with demons, hell no. Someone said since he pointed out that we should not wrestle with flesh and blood, we should then combat demons. Wrong. Listen carefully to what he is saying and you will get the point.

He said since we are not wrestling against flesh and blood, that means since men don't speak of themselves, the words they persecute you with don't come from them, you should clearly realise that this battle is coming from Satanic realms. So what should you do?

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins gaurd about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Here are the things he asked you to do, not to go about Fighting Satan. I mean the prayers most men of men have brought in to the church today is quite amazing. I sometimes wonder where they got such revelations from. Who taught them to pray such.

The truth of the matter is don't be deceived, that is what he's trying to tell you. Be established on the decrees and statues of God Almighty and not on what these evil forces are going about teaching.
collecting power back from Buhari and APC is a good example of wrestling against the rulers of the darkness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Mercy Chinwo Who Sings ''excess Love'' And The Lyrics / What To Do When You Break A Convenant / Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.