Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem (2710 Views)

My Rx 300 Is Has A Tapping Noise, How Do I Fix It / Chrysler Voyager Gearbox Problem / Gearbox Problem On Toyota Highlander 2004 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by charlieu(m): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2017
Hello house, please i have been having issues with my RX 330 204 model gear, it all started when I changed the inner driveshaft. I changed my inner shaft early this year and after few miles there was a kind of smell from the gear suddenly my car disengaged and was moving then i have to find a toll vehicle to the workshop....fast forward I bought a another gear box and every was working fine and after 4 months the shaft inner shaft was bad again took it to another repairer and after changing the shaft the gear got stuck at the work shop after much diagnoses I ended up buying another gear, it was working properly until now which is about 7 month since I bought the gear. Its started having issues like: If the car is been left to run idle for a long long time after drive distance then the gear will slips when changing from 1 to 2 this has been happening for some weeks and now developed to a loud sound when engaged from park to reverse, I have run a scan and they said the gear is okay that i need to change the brain box please professional advice needed
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by mayor2013: 10:23am On Dec 12, 2017
charlieu:
Hello house, please i have been having issues with my RX 330 204 model gear, it all started when I changed the inner driveshaft. I changed my inner shaft early this year and after few miles there was a kind of smell from the gear suddenly my car disengaged and was moving then i have to find a toll vehicle to the workshop....fast forward I bought a another gear box and every was working fine and after 4 months the shaft inner shaft was bad again took it to another repairer and after changing the shaft the gear got stuck at the work shop after much diagnoses I ended up buying another gear, it was working properly until now which is about 7 month since I bought the gear. Its started having issues like: If the car is been left to run idle for a long long time after drive distance then the gear will slips when changing from 1 to 2 this has been happening for some weeks and now developed to a loud sound when engaged from park to reverse, I have run a scan and they said the gear is okay that i need to change the brain box please professional advice needed

This case is pitiable. CV joint change procedure has been carried out wrongly on the other transmission you bought. Where is the location of this ride. If in Lagos you can bring it in for a free diagnosis
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by charlieu(m): 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2017
mayor2013:

This case is pitiable. CV joint change procedure has been carried out wrongly on the other transmission you bought. Where is the location of this ride. If in Lagos you can bring it in for a free diagnosis

I am in Benin, Edo State.
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by mayor2013: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2017
charlieu:

I am in Benin, Edo State.

Did you run any scan on the transmission. If yes what was the result. If No. Seems to me on a second note that you bought a bad gearbox

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by charlieu(m): 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
mayor2013:

Did you run any scan on the transmission. If yes what was the result. If No. Seems to me on a second note that you bought a bad gearbox

Yes I did yesterday and was told the gear was okay from the scan and suggested i should change the brain box

It runs fine when cool and starts to slip when very hot but make this loud sound when engaged from reverse
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by charlieu(m): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
charlieu:

Yes I did yesterday and was told the gear was okay from the scan and suggested i should change the brain box

It runs fine when cool and starts to slip when very hot but make this loud sound when engaged from park to reverse
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by mayor2013: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
charlieu:

It runs fine when cool and starts to slip when very hot but make this loud sound when engaged from reverse

The ecu would not cause an issue as such. Gear is slipping already which suggests there is an internal problem
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by ricki: 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
gearbox oil change......
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by charlieu(m): 7:39am On Dec 13, 2017
ricki:
gearbox oil change......

The oil has been changed and still very neat, the problem only occur when its hot
Re: Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem by kachi23111: 9:31am On Mar 12
Please where you able to fix this issues and how,facing same problem

(1) (Reply)

Should I Buy A 2007/2008 Acura tl Type S / Selling My Toyota Corrolla To Buy A LEXUS ES330, Price And Mantianance? / Murano/mdx Touring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.