Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Tithing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Tithing? (412 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Tithing? by dwonder(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2017
No, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not practice tithing; our work is financed by anonymous voluntary donations. What is a tithe, and why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses practice tithing?

The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.

Rather than giving required tithes and offerings, Jehovah’s Witnesses imitate the early Christians and support their ministry in two ways: by performing their personal ministerial work without pay and by making voluntary donations.

We thus follow the Bible’s direction to Christians: “Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

“YOU can call me a beggar; that doesn’t bother me. I’m begging for Jesus.” Those telling words of a Protestant minister underline the controversy that swirls around religious funding. Organized religion seems to be able to survive only with sizable financial support. Salaries need to be paid, temples need to be built and maintained, evangelizing campaigns need to be financed. How is the necessary money to be found?

For many churches, the answer is the tithe.* “Tithing is God’s way of financing His kingdom on the earth,” claims evangelist Norman Robertson. “It is His system of economics which enables the Gospel to be preached.” Not shy about reminding his followers of their responsibility to give, he emphatically states: ‘Tithing isn’t something you do because you can afford it. It is an act of obedience. Not tithing is a clear violation of God’s commandments. It is embezzlement.’—Tithing—God’s Financial Plan.

more here: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002880
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2003884
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002881
Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Tithing? by ufuosman(m): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2017
Tithing is not by force, majority of people dat are doing it know wot dey are doing and it works for them. But bliv me tithing is very good

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Practice Tithing? by lovingJehovah: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2017
No true Christian tithes
ufuosman:
Tithing is not by force, majority of people dat are doing it know wot dey are doing and it works for them. But bliv me tithing is very good

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(fri. 29/12/2017) Excellent Service Or Eye-service? / Things All Christians Must Do In 2018 / Apostole Suleiman Attention Seeking Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.