Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (32499 Views)

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by PharmaGirl(f): 7:27am On Mar 11, 2018
I just got to know of this yesterday.

They believe that the power to perform miracles by Christians ended with the first century Christians.
I'm still surprised.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Redoil: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2018
Are they christian
They dont pray together with other christians.
They dont mingle with other christian.
To they believe that they are the only people who will go to paradaise

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by SenselessIdiot: 7:36am On Mar 11, 2018
If you believe in miracle then you can believe anything

47 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by PharmaGirl(f): 7:44am On Mar 11, 2018
Redoil:
Are they christian
They are.
I find it odd how supposed Christians don't believe in miracles.

SenselessIdiot:
If you believe in miracle then you can believe anything
OK.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by emeijeh(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2018
I will rephrase Redoil's question.....

Are you sure they are true Christians? When massive alcoholic consumption and fornication is their middle name?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2018
Why do you think I will believe in their doctrine

This is Sunday stop posting rubbish here

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by emmayayodeji(m): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2018

just another set of Christians that believ they are the Right ones hearing from god.. Lol

Left to me . I think they are correct
After all its the bible, you can pick and ignore any verse grin
Everybody does it

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hotzone(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2018
I like their style. If all Christians can be devoted to preach the gospel, Muslim would have all been converted to Christianity.
I LOVE JEHOVAH. I LOVE JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 11, 2018
Because they don't exist.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by fixedhollies(m): 8:25am On Mar 11, 2018
May be bcause they av nt experienced one

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by adezjamz(m): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2018
Cos miracle is the first step in religion brainwashing

Happy Sunday all

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by afroniger: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2018
Whether they believe in it or not, the true fact is that most modern day miracles are scams. Any pastor that knows he can perform miracles like in the so-called olden days should go to the hospitals and mortuaries where there are enough infirm and dead people awaiting their 'miracle'. Nonsense.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by kalvoken(m): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2018
that must be an APC witness not Jehovah's.

Those of my friends or people I ve known that are Jehovah witness do believe in miracles.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AlienRobot: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2018
OYO is their case na

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by AngelicBeing: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2018
emeijeh:

Are you sure they are true Christians? When massive alcoholic consumption and fornication is their middle name?
tongue

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by NothingDoMe: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2018
Because they are afraid. They fear anything that has to do with the display of the power of God. They are afraid because people fear what they do not understand. And you cannot understand unless you are born again and have the spirit of God in you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2018
Miracle is overrated by Nigerian church businessmen. undecided

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by seunmsg(m): 8:28am On Mar 11, 2018
It doesn't matter what people believe. Fact is, miracle doesn't happen anywhere except in nollywood movies and church dramas stage managed by pastors. If miracle is real, Ayefele would have been able to walk a long time ago and Cobhams won't still be blind by now.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Optional09: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2018
emeijeh:

You are wrong, I have couple of friends and they are the best and smart

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by KKKWHITE(m): 8:28am On Mar 11, 2018
Because 95% of present day miracles are fake And also 1 Corinthians 13:8

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2018
Religion sha....

Full of hatred, condemnation, battery, sentiment...

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by remi1444: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2018
Pharmagirl, the link you posted above isnt their official page i presume it is www.jw.org

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2018
Because today's miracles re all fake

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Stallion93(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2018
But instead of castigating them, let us pay attention to their reason, after all they are Christians too and the way these new age pastors are performing this miracle is smth else

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Sheuns(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2018
I prefer magic. Modern day miracle is mostly scam. Na for only movies we dey see them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by farouk0403(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2018
Jehova witness are the only Christian sect that are close to the right path.

Kiss the truth

59 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by kurt09(m): 8:31am On Mar 11, 2018
They are lobotomized. A friend of mine who is a witness told me that miracles are false. That there is nothing like miracle. One fateful night, her few months nephew fell sick, and at the point of death. My friend brought out her Bible, opened Psalm 91, and prayed incessantly until the child health normalised. In the morning, when she came to work,she told me how God used her. That she didn't sleep last night. That God is powerful and merciful for answering her prayers last night. I told her you don't believe in miracles but you're sharing testimony of what God did for your family last night. I told her to pray for more divine encounters instead of following church doctrines...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by kalvoken(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2018
emeijeh:

Am not a witness (tho' I might be in future), but no one has made you the judge here.

Are you more Christian tha. they are. where in the Bible did Christ/God condemn alcoholics? Didn't Jesus turn water into alcohol?

everything made by God are clean, it's only how you consume them that might be unclean.

noirsangre:

God made Marijuana. Can you consume it in any "clean" way?
you need to eat food prepared with fresh green marijuana leaves. it's medicinal gan.

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2018

YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU WANT IF YOU GO TO ONE OF THEIR BRANCHES TO CONFIRM THIS. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by LordKingsley: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2018
Is this what the Bible refers to as 'having a form of godliness but denying its power?'

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Celestial Pastor Who Chained Son Arrested / "Footprint of God" Found In South Africa (Video) / Is Your Name In The Book Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.