Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming (7285 Views)

Snail Farming - In Dire Need For Info Urgently / Rainy Season For Heliculture (snail Farming) / Snail Farming: Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by ogbongenet: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
It is unfortunate that nowadays so many Nigerians go to higher institution of learning for the sole purpose of getting a degree which qualifies them good job" after graduation. What an ambition ? This is simply an ambition to become a well paid SLAVE for life.
Are you one of them ?

The unfortunate thing about this is that the job that you are hoping to get is actually not there or in short supply The government that owns the traditional responsibility to provide jobs can no longer be relied upon. It led the way in the retrenchments which ravaged the country not long ago.

Many people believed that there is job security but this has been proved to be false. Anyone who have a boss can be retrenched, blackmailed or frustrated out of job or office at any given time irrespective of length of service, qualification or his knowledge of the said job. Examples abound.

Can you imagine a terrible shock it will be to a man who have been enjoying fat income to suddenly be thrown out of job over an on found allegation. The experience could be devastating. You cannot feel secured when somebody have that much power over you.
BE YOUR OWN BOSS,
This is a business that you can start with little money .[b], SNAIL FARMING.Snail farming is a lucrative biz that bring high returns , To start snail farming, you don't need more than #2000.As a start up capital.
At God reigns consult, we rear,teach,sell edible snail,sell juvenile and render consultation services at affordable price. For further inquiries call 08060115253,07041132765.
[/b]
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by kodewrita(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
Farming is not the issue. Selling is my main problem. We got our snails by sending small boys to find us big Archatina snails and they reproduced very well. The issue was selling them after they were mature. A few hotels came by but pricing and the fact that they were too greedy while we were too inexperienced ended that venture. We ended up eating our own snails (imagine having to eat so many peppered snails in a month. not fun though the garri around that period was really rich).

1 Like

Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by bayuba2002: 3:31am On Apr 01, 2010
Where are u located ?
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by DisGuy: 1:07am On Apr 02, 2010
thethy

Do you have a snail farming business yourself, I have seeen several of your advert on grass-cutting business, have you ever or do you have one yourself, I think you can add credibility to your post by posting pictures of your own farm or product as well, the ebook will sell themselves if you show real proofs
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by bayfam(m): 3:20am On Apr 02, 2010
thanks for the information,how do i go about it getting the right specie
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 10:20am On Apr 02, 2010
THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS,4,Ismail AbdulAzeez Street,Singer Bus Stop,Ewupe-Ijaniye,Sango-Ota,Ogun State.Tel: 08023050835,07033632285.
Look at my pictures during training on snail and grasscutter farming seminar on our farm.

Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 10:23am On Apr 02, 2010
THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS. Tel: 08023050835,07033632285.

Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 10:28am On Apr 02, 2010
More Picture from THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS.Tel: 08023050835,07033632285.

Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2010
More Picture from THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS.Tel: 08023050835,07033632285.

Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 10:39am On Apr 02, 2010
@ bayfam,

You can get breeding stocks of snails and grasscutters from

THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS,4,Ismail AbdulAzeez Street,Singer Bus Stop,Ewupe-Ijaniye,Sango-Ota,Ogun State.Tel: 08023050835,07033632285.
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by naijacutee(f): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
As kodewrita has mentioned, I think that would probably be a good business venture to pursue if you had a market for it. If you can establish that there is a market for it, and that you know where to sell them to make a good return, then why not?
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by wakabout(m): 8:31am On Jul 12, 2010
@codewrita & @ thethy, I feel you very much. This problem has been on my mind for sooo long. How to sell your snails. Its alright teaching how to farm, but nobody teaches you how to market your snails. I had a fish farm, this same problem of market women who come to your farm & price your fish as if you didn't spend money raising them up made me pack up the business for a while. The same thing just happened to codewrita's snails. How best can we market our farm products Otherwise, people would be exiting as they are entering the business if they cannot breakthrough as a result of poor pricing & lack of buyers.

@ naijacutee, you are so right. Let those who advertise livestock business on nairaland also advertise where you can sell when they mature.
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by wakabout(m): 8:42am On Jul 12, 2010
@thethy, its evident that you've been in this business for a long time. You have the experience, you have the knowledge, etc. but surprisingly, you did not respond to kodewrita's dillema of having to eat all his snails because there were no buyers. Comments by people like you on such issues are highly regarded. How sad for a man to eat his own farm produce just because no one buys. It is really frustrating. Pls make a comment as you are a godfather in this field. Apart from the market women, few restaurants & eateries, who buys snails? Thank you.
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2010
kodewrita:

Farming is not the issue. Selling is my main problem. We got our snails by sending small boys to find us big Archatina snails and they reproduced very well. The issue was selling them after they were mature. A few hotels came by but pricing and the fact that they were too greedy while we were too inexperienced ended that venture. We ended up eating our own snails (imagine having to eat so many peppered snails in a month. not fun though the garri around that period was really rich).

wakabout:

@thethy, its evident that you've been in this business for a long time. You have the experience, you have the knowledge, etc. but surprisingly, you did not respond to kodewrita's dillema of having to eat all his snails because there were no buyers. Comments by people like you on such issues are highly regarded. How sad for a man to eat his own farm produce just because no one buys. It is really frustrating. Pls make a comment as you are a godfather in this field. Apart from the market women, few restaurants & eateries, who buys snails? Thank you.

It is possible this person did not farm the right specie that is good for Nigeria market.You know in Nigeria alone we have about 17 species and only 3 of them are relevant for snail farming purpose and out of these 3 only one is good for Nigeria snail market.

Thanks.
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by SirWelly: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
KODEWRITA you are a funny person. grin haba i missed a lot. i wish i was around you then to enjoy those well-roasted pepper snails with you.
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by zogo(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
I'll advise, if u want to go into Heliculture (Snail farming) the Rainy season is the best time for it, because reserach shows that snails survive more in moist temparature and weather. My e-book gives u practical guide on on scientific Heliculture (Snail Farming). You can take a shot at the cover page below.

You can reach me on 07063249904
Gideon Wealth

Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by bebe2(f): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2011
hi,
i live in the uk, and would like to know the price of snails please.
i want about 2000 piece of matured ready to eat snails.
thanks
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by ufobabe(f): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2011
I am interested in dis biz but i live in Benin. Again, raining season is almost over, can it stil be possible? How do i get d specie, wit maybe a manual or a guide on how to survive them. Thank u so much. Am proud 2 be a nairalander. mabeltruelove4all@yahoo.com
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 6:45am On Oct 13, 2011
You can order your snail @ THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS http://prospectofsnailfarming..com/
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by george31(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2011
Why has nobody answered the question!! Where or How to sell the mature Snails??
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Thethy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
You can buy & sell you snails @ http://prospectofsnailfarming..com/
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by ps5(m): 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Visit anambrayouthfarmers..com/ for more info on snail fariming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh8F-2-5_Ps&feature=player_detailpage
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by Incrizz(f): 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
kodewrita: Farming is not the issue. Selling is my main problem. We got our snails by sending small boys to find us big Archatina snails and they reproduced very well. The issue was selling them after they were mature. A few hotels came by but pricing and the fact that they were too greedy while we were too inexperienced ended that venture. We ended up eating our own snails (imagine having to eat so many peppered snails in a month. not fun though the garri around that period was really rich).
I am trying to suppress a laugh..hahahaha
Sowie o.
But, I don't really understand you. You said buyers came around. Wouldn't it have been better to sell at a ridiculous price and make a tiny profit (and you still get to eat some of it) than just eating it all by yourself or with family?
Re: Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming by realadesco(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
bebe2:
hi, i live in the uk, and would like to know the price of snails please. i want about 2000 piece of matured ready to eat snails. thanks
hello shoot me @ adesco993@gmail.com have more quantity to sell

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital / LAD GLOBAL SERVICES: SHIP FROM USA ONLINE STORES TO NIGERIA $5/LBS / Sesame Seed Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.