Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? (780 Views)

Thomas Called Jesus, My Lord And My God. Jesus Didn't Say, I Am Not God. / See Mary Mother Of Jesus Mosque Also Called 'mariam Umm Eisa Masjid' / Lets Talk About The Electromagnetic Field Also Called Aura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by FaithfulServant(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2017
Concerning the death and crucifixion of Jesus (John 19:30). Do you know Barabbas, the robber whom the Jews begged Pilate to release instead of Christ was also called Jesus?

If yes, how then was Jesus Christ and Jesus Barabbas differentiated in their trial before Jesus Christ was picked for crucifixion?

How are we sure that Barabbas was not mistaken for Jesus because of the similarity of name?

Jesus was a good man and even Pilate confirmed it (Luke 23:4). It’s obvious that the large crowd that concord to Jesus crucifixion (Mark 15:14) did not who Jesus was; probably mistook Barabbas for Jesus because of the name similarity.

All the same, thank God Jesus was picked because without Jesus Christ being picked and crucified, no man would being saved today (Matthew 1:21) and all men would have perished (John 3:16).

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2017/12/do-you-know-barabbas-was-also-called.html?m=1

Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by greatnaija01: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2017
PLS PLS PLS stop talking HERESY..... if you are a FAITHFUL servant then RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH n show us PROOF.... you didn't... which clearly shows you are not well studied on your claim... anyway I just studied it in the greek from the text AND it clearly shows that they knew who JESUS WAS N WANTED HIM DEAD and it was symbolic because BARABBAS means SON OF THE FATHER....(if you do not have ancient greek bibles kindly use google to check this out) meanwhile JESUS CHRIST is actually the SON OF THE FATHER.... they didn't look alike... JESUS and BARABBAS were not even standing in the same place o.... ONE WAS BLOODILY BEATEN FROM 39 STRIPES while the other was simply from a dungeon.... please get that clearly..... THEY REQUESTED FOR BARABBAS because it was part of the custom for the political leader to show his goodness to the masses by granting them a request.

THESE things were done so it can be fulfilled that Jesus even died for the sins of BARABBAS.

FaithfulServant:
Concerning the death and crucifixion of Jesus (John 19:30). Do you know Barabbas, the robber whom the Jews begged Pilate to release instead of Christ was also called Jesus?

If yes, how then was Jesus Christ and Jesus Barabbas differentiated in their trial before Jesus Christ was picked for crucifixion?

How are we sure that Barabbas was not mistaken for Jesus because of the similarity of name?

Jesus was a good man and even Pilate confirmed it (Luke 23:4). It’s obvious that the large crowd that concord to Jesus crucifixion (Mark 15:14) did not who Jesus was; probably mistook Barabbas for Jesus because of the name similarity.

All the same, thank God Jesus was picked because without Jesus Christ being picked and crucified, no man would being saved today (Matthew 1:21) and all men would have perished (John 3:16).

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2017/12/do-you-know-barabbas-was-also-called.html?m=1
Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by FaithfulServant(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2017
greatnaija01:
PLS PLS PLS stop talking HERESY..... if you are a FAITHFUL servant then RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH n show us PROOF.... you didn't... which clearly shows you are not well studied on your claim... anyway I just studied it in the greek from the text AND it clearly shows that they knew who JESUS WAS N WANTED HIM DEAD and it was symbolic because BARABBAS means SON OF THE FATHER....(if you do not have ancient greek bibles kindly use google to check this out) meanwhile JESUS CHRIST is actually the SON OF THE FATHER.... they didn't look alike... JESUS and BARABBAS were not even standing in the same place o.... ONE WAS BLOODILY BEATEN FROM 39 STRIPES while the other was simply from a dungeon.... please get that clearly..... THEY REQUESTED FOR BARABBAS because it was part of the custom for the political leader to show his goodness to the masses by granting them a request.

THESE things were done so it can be fulfilled that Jesus even died for the sins of BARABBAS.

It is not a heresy my friend. The only point I'm trying to pass across here is that Barabbas also have "Jesus" to his name. I discovered this during my in-depth study of the scripture yesterday and was surprise and I decided to share.

It is clearly stated in the New International Version of the Holy Bible in Matthew 27:17 and it reads below.

Matthew 27:17 NIV
So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, “Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?”

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by budaatum: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
The Aramaic Bar-abbâ means "son of the father", and some claim both Jesuses were one single person.

There is also argument that Simon of Cyrene never gave the cross back and that Jesus was not crucified.

All the same, thanks for pointing out they were both called Jesus. It is a fact well hidden in most bible versions, and I'm sure many will research the facts and present here.
Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
budaatum:
The Aramaic Bar-abbâ means "son of the father", and some claim both Jesuses were one single person.

There is also argument that Simon of Cyrene never gave the cross back and that Jesus was not crucified.

All the same, thanks for pointing out they were both called Jesus. It is a fact well hidden in most bible versions, and I'm sure many will research the facts and present here.

You meant to say your useless quarans
Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by budaatum: 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

You meant to say your useless quarans
No. I said, "in most bible versions".
Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
budaatum:

No. I said, "in most bible versions".

it is not present in[b] ANY[/b] bible versions
Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by FaithfulServant(m): 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
budaatum:

Thanks for your contribution, but Jesus was crucified (1 Peter 2:24). Thanks once again.
Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by FaithfulServant(m): 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

it is not present in[b] ANY[/b] bible versions

It is clearly stated in the New International Version of the Holy Bible in Matthew 27:17 and it reads below.

Matthew 27:17 NIV
So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, “Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?”

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Barabbas Was Also Called Jesus? by 0temSapien: 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Zeusus Barrabas is actually another name for Zeusus Krista(Faulkin) who died in Sodom-Egypt during the neanderthal period. He was a thief and a teacher back those days. He stole from the government to help the poor, then he was caught and the masses pleaded for his release.

Doctufos:
Batimeus 25:19-24
19. Now Petra and I and the rest of us said, let us go and await Iskariot in his house, for he must not escape. So we went to the house of Iskariot and found his aged mother and his wife and Jamina and Attai his children. And we held them hostage as we awaited the return of Iskariot. 20. Now when Iskariot came, he found that we have taken his family. And history became sadness to him immediately. And Iskariot said, what shall I do to be saved. And Petra said, the reward which the Farhesis gave you shall you return to them. And you shall bring Yeshu alive to us again. 21. And Iskariot went to plead with the people to release Yeshu, saying, listen to the voice of the people and release him. And they said, we cannot hear you in this matter. For Zeusus Bar-Rabas is a great thief who has killed many of our people whom we set as guards in the treasure house. 22. And they said, if you hesitate to leave, shall we not also make you guilty in this matter? And you shall be killed with him also. 23. So Iskariot fled their presence and returned to us. Now Petra said to him, if you cannot do what we have said to you, then go and buy a land with those talent of silver which you have betrayed our god with. 24. And then shall we spare you and your family. And Iskariot departed.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Night Service; Is It Proper For Church To Collect Offerings? / Amazing: See Photos Of Goliath's Gigantic Skeleton And The Stone / Jezebel Spirit In Women Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.