Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help (1069 Views)

Need Your Advice On This. Slant X Straight Back Gsd. / Please I Need Your Advice On My American Eskimo / What Could One Possibly Get From These Combo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2017
We got a Germain Shepard (Nala) when she was a month and two weeks old. She's about a year now. Beautiful dog and a sight to behold I must add but my major issue with her is that she's too playful with everyone including strangers.

We got no cage for her because we live in an enclosed house and thought it best to allow her roam free about the compound which I think is what made her playful. Extremely playful.

I envisioned a dog who at the mere knocking of our gate would start barking out loud and with a grimacing look threatening to tear up strangers not this.... Oh God! But what do I get.... Immediately we open the gate to a visitor, she is the first to greet them. She rushes to them and pounces on them playfully and should they ignore her, she starts making this funny moaning sound like she desperately needs attention and would die without it and if she's paid with attention.... That's even the worst. You see her playing and rolling on the floor pissing herself in the process.

When I told my uncle about it, he advised me to give it a meal per day, give it hot (alcoholic) or weed/dope (have no idea where to get this) and watch her reaction.

I think that isn't professional as I have watched YouTube videos and nothing was administered to them.

Is there anything I should be doing right? A training or anything?? It's getting annoying. I need an aggressive dog embarassed
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2017
angry

Anyone?? angry
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by logadims: 11:55am On Dec 13, 2017
your Uncle is totally wrong.

let me ask you, from what you watched via, Youtube. Did they not give a solution?
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
logadims:
your Uncle is totally wrong.

let me ask you, from what you watched via, Youtube. Did they not give a solution?

Nope, I was actually watching a video on aggressive dogs, not really seeking a solution there. These were dogs who had aggressive tendencies before the training
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by logadims: 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
SirMichael1:

Nope, I was actually watching a video on aggressive dogs, not really seeking a solution there. These were dogs who had aggressive tendencies before the training
you don't need an "Aggressive dog" you need a "protective dog".
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
logadims:
you don't need an "Aggressive dog" you need a "protective dog".

What's the difference sir... When it's aggressive, it protects.

Are you dogs like that? Playful as such?
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by 14teenK: 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
About the peeing part, my pup did do that most times, I think sometimes it's over excitement not seeing a person for sometimes, most times the dog is shy. Now for the security and protective aspects, I think it's based on the blood line of the dog my pup below started barking and charging at strangers at 5months and she is 6months, I had to administer the rabies shot on her to prevent stories that touch, so at a year plus there is still hope, Just restrict her movements and people that visit her during the day and let her roam in the evening.

Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
14teenK:
About the peeing part, my pup did do that most times, I think sometimes it's over excitement not seeing a person for sometimes, most times the dog is shy. Now for the security and protective aspects, I think it's based on the blood line of the dog my pup below started barking and charging at strangers at 5months and she is 6months, I had to administer the rabies shot on her to prevent stories that touch, so at a year plus there is still hope, Just restrict her movements and people that visit her during the day and let her roam in the evening.

Thanks for this insight.

Her dad is really aggressive protective but not her mom. She's quite playful too.

Did you restrict her movement or you let her roam always??

Your dog's cute BTW. smiley
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by Kissking: 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
Get another active dog at the side ..I have Romanian shepherd female on heat for breeding/security in lagos 09099619901 whatsap
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by 14teenK: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
SirMichael1:

Thanks for this insight.

Her dad is really aggressive protective but not her mom. She's quite playful too.

Did you restrict her movement or you let her roam always??

Your dog's cute BTW. smiley
she was and still stays indoors with me, but restricted to a big corridor to play but soon her cage would be ready
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2017
14teenK:
she was and still stays indoors with me, but restricted to a big corridor to play but soon her cage would be ready

Well, guess your dog's gene/temperament paid off well. I'll just look forward to her puppies and see which would stay, that's if she doesn't change
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by logadims: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
SirMichael1:

Well, guess your dog's gene/temperament paid off well. I'll just look forward to her puppies and see which would stay, that's if she doesn't change
bro, the fault is from you sir
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
logadims:
bro, the fault is from you sir

Alright sir. How can I fix it? Is there anyway around this? smiley
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by logadims: 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
SirMichael1:

has she gone through any training?
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by ksquare44(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
Get a lead and collar to start with... Restrict her from seeing strangers/visitors, give her d necessary training.. Obedience training is important.... From there other training will follow...
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by logadims: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
start some obedience with her, reduce her socialization, feed her rightly and don't forget to exercise her... walking her is one good one.
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
logadims:
has she gone through any training?

Not professional training but I did teach her basic stuffs like go, come and some few other things. Moreover, I think the dog suffers from attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD). She barely pipe low. Always want to walk about. You call her, she comes and you're rubbing her head (she doesn't keep the head well self) and the next thing, she's off and start moving about.

Any training you feel might help?
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
ksquare44:
Get a lead and collar to start with... Restrict her from seeing strangers/visitors, give her d necessary training.. Obedience training is important.... From there other training will follow...

I have the Colliar, it's worn around her neck always. By lead you mean chain?

Obedience training? How do you mean? Is it practicing chaining of the dog and making her follow you? She initially fought it off, the bitch didn't want someone restrict her movement but with time she got used to it.

Hope that's the obedience training or is there anyone I don't know off
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by ksquare44(m): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
SirMichael1:

I have the Colliar, it's worn around her neck always. By lead you mean chain?

Obedience training? How do you mean? Is it practicing chaining of the dog and making her follow you? She initially fought it off, the bitch didn't want someone restrict her movement but with time she got used to it.

Hope that's the obedience training or is there anyone I don't know off

By lead I mean the chain... Obedience training that is.. Telling the dog to sit stay come etc... The dog should be convasant with some words of which whenever u say the words she obeys

However there is a whatsapp group... If you are interested chat me up.. U will lean more from the group thanks... 08034863074
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by SirMichael1: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
ksquare44:

By lead I mean the chain... Obedience training that is.. Telling the dog to sit stay come etc... The dog should be convasant with some words of which whenever u say the words she obeys

However there is a whatsapp group... If you are interested chat me up.. U will lean more from the group thanks... 08034863074

We taught her to come, sit but she wouldn't agree with go. Come to het means "it's time to play"

Lemme chat you up on Whatsapp then. Thanks
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by Kissking: 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
Got a trained Romanian shepherd female forsale add on whatsap 09099619901
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by kelac(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2017
Give her time. Keep doing your best to show her love. Her guard instincts will come up on its own. One of my female was just like this until she was 4years old. Now she's totally crazy at the sight of strangers. 4 years was really frustrating
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by davillian(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2017
SirMichael1:

It's not your fault.
It's a gene thing.
Always put her on leach/ cage and keep her @d back of the house so she doesn't see visitors.
Hope it works.
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by rhymaholic: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2017
nice
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by ksquare44(m): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
rhymaholic:

pls add me to this group 08032540073

U can chat me up sir... 08034863074
Re: Guys, I Need Your Advice And Possibly Help by fagbohun4j(m): 1:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Here is the deal, look for a room possibly dark, lock her in there for possibly 3/4 days without seeing any stranger except you(feeding) then free the dog after the days. Come back and tell me what you observe, if no changes, repeat the process.

(1) (Reply)

What We Killed Last Night Night / Female Lhasa For New Home / Imported Female Chow Chow For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.