Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,347 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? (1152 Views)

Who Wants To Learn Command Line For Free? / Is Learning Js Frameworks Necessary / How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2017
cry
Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by jerflakes(m): 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
Dayvhid:
cry

Linux, VERY important

Windows, not important

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by Annibel(f): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
If you really want to unleash the full power of your System, then learning to use the command line is an absolute necessity.
Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 14, 2017
jerflakes:

Linux, VERY important

Windows, not important
I'm actually using a windows now.....but there's this online course am following and they told me to master the command line before learning even html
Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 14, 2017
Annibel:
If you really want to unleash the full power of your System, then learning to use the command line is an absolute necessity.

Ok
Thank you
But....would you advise me to master the command line first before diving into any programming languages!?
Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by jerflakes(m): 1:02am On Dec 14, 2017
Dayvhid:

I'm actually using a windows now.....but there's this online course am following and they told me to master the command line before learning even html

Nah, no way... Command line has absolutely nothing to do with html... Go and find html tutorials on YouTube

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by jerflakes(m): 1:05am On Dec 14, 2017
Dayvhid:

Ok
Thank you
But....would you advise me to master the command line first before diving into any programming languages!?

Listen, with windows you don't need to know the command line commands

You can learn everything you want to learn without even knowing how to type cmd.exe

Notepad can do everything for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 14, 2017
jerflakes:

Nah, no way... Command line has absolutely nothing to do with html... Go and find html tutorials on YouTube
Aiit
Thank you
I'm actually pretty good with html, css and basic Javascript tho
Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by Annibel(f): 1:18am On Dec 14, 2017
Dayvhid:

Ok
Thank you

It isn't necessary, perhaps at a point in your learning journey you might want to learn a few command line argument but it's not compulsory.
Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by lilcozy001: 7:18am On Dec 14, 2017
10 Technlogy that will definitely change the world in 2018

Digital technology has come a long way through all leaps and bounds over the past five years. Cloud computing, smartphones, and multi-touch tablets are the innovations which revolutionized our personal and work life. Well, it's just a beginning. Technology will get even better. In the near future, we could lead a life just like in sci-fi movies.

Read more here: http://udextech..com.ng/2017/12/10-technlogy-that-will-definitely.html

Re: How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? by Jbfranklin: 10:26am On Dec 14, 2017
yeah bro...you can access anything through your command line. ..especially when you "Run As Administrator"
GUI is of not much use...

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Website Designer & Developer!! / Java Programmers - How Do I Pass Variable Value From A Classa To Another Classb / My First Software: A Text Editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.