Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,365 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Personal Training - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Personal Training (3667 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

@Na2day

Well there are many different exercises I can do with one weight kettlebells to confuse the muscles. Plateaus happen when you are doing the same routine over and over again. Having said that, I have different sized kettlebells and looking to include another one this easter grin grin. Easy Na2day the girl only asked for help. People are going to be scared to ask for help if all they get is toxic advice wink

there was nothing toxic about the advice. have u checked ur replies about guys on NL lately? talk about toxic! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Personal Training by ayettymama(f): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2010
funny enuff i wasnt even askin for help

just wanted to know how everyone else got to pumpin grin grin grin

theres always google,my davina videos, and ehem ehem

i just wanted to start something where we could all talk about them!
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2010
ayettymama:

funny enuff i wasnt even askin for help

just wanted to know how everyone else got to pumpin grin grin grin

theres always google,my davina videos, and ehem ehem

i just wanted to start something where we could all talk about them!

lie lie! chai! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2010
na2day?:

there was nothing toxic about the advice. have u checked your replies about guys on NL lately? talk about toxic! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
There is always the ignore button ya know? if you dont like what I write(which is usually the truth) then please ignore it, I promise I wouldnt be offended grin.
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

There is always the ignore button ya know? if you dont like what I write(which is usually the truth) then please ignore it, I promise I wouldnt be offended grin.

same thing applies to u! as for the truth, dont even go there
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 01, 2010
Babes you are the one that keeps replying to my post all over the forum, if you dont like what you read then ignore it. It honestly doesnt bother me. Yes I tell a few home truths that some may not like and to be honest I could give two fooks.
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Babes you are the one that keeps replying to my post all over the forum, if you dont like what you read then ignore it. It honestly doesnt bother me. Yes I tell a few home truths that some may not like and to be honest I could give two fooks.

yes it bothers u when i dont reply to u, quit lying ur azz out. once again u hardly tell any home truths, being bias dont count!
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 01, 2010
Oh my days, please dont flatter yourself son. grin grin
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 11:00am On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Oh my days, please dont flatter yourself son. grin grin

doing my best not to but u are not helping matters tongue tongue tongue
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2010
Cheeky basteward tongue tongue tongue
Re: Personal Training by honeric01(m): 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
Some nairaland girls surely need this tongue
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2010
Some NL men could do with running a few miles and saying no to isi ewu and beer grin grin
Re: Personal Training by honeric01(m): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
They sure do.
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Some NL men could do with running a few miles and saying no to isi ewu and beer grin grin

no weapon formed against us shall prosper! angry angry angry angry
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
na2day?:

no weapon formed against us shall prosper! angry angry angry angry

I rebuke the isi ewu and beer devil in you grin grin
Re: Personal Training by tubabie(f): 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Ebonyeyes

What's the weight of Kettlebells recommended? Does it have to be relative to body weight or what?
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
Hi hun,

# Kettlebell sizes run from 10 lbs all the way up to 106 lbs.
# Out of shape women should start with the 10 lbs kettlebell.
# Women that are in shape you start with the 18 lbs kettlebell.
# Strong women can us the 35 lbs kettlebell.
Re: Personal Training by doyin13(m): 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2010
Wetin be kettlebell sef. . . .

It conjures images of the local Akpoti
common in Nigeria
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
The kettlebell or girya (Russian: гиря) is a cast iron weight looking somewhat like a cannonball with a handle. Many companies produce their own brands of kettlebells and kettlebell exercise programs. Some modern kettlebells feature adjustable weights.

While today, there are sizes that range from 5 lbs to 175 lbs, the traditional Russian kettlebell is usually one which weighs 1 Pood (roughly 16kg / 35lbs).

Unlike traditional dumbbells, the kettlebell's center of mass is extended beyond the hand, similar to a Clubbell's. This allows for swing movements not possible with traditional dumbbells. Because more muscle groups are utilized in the swinging and movement of a kettlebell than during the lifting of dumbbells, a kettlebell workout is said to be more effective, and yields better results in less time.

Because the center of mass on a kettlebell "swings", micro-muscles are needed to balance a kettlebell, more so than a dumbbell. The existence of a handle allows for "release moves" which are not available to a dumbbell.

Re: Personal Training by tubabie(f): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Hi hun,

# Kettlebell sizes run from 10 lbs all the way up to 106 lbs.
# Out of shape women should start with the 10 lbs kettlebell.
# Women that are in shape you start with the 18 lbs kettlebell.
# Strong women can us the 35 lbs kettlebell.

Thanks babe, where did you buy yours? a sports store or gym?
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

I rebuke the isi ewu and beer devil in you grin grin

this kind goes not out but by prayer and plenty plenty fasting. u go wound ooo! tongue tongue tongue

tubabie:

@Ebonyeyes

What's the weight of Kettlebells recommended? Does it have to be relative to body weight or what?

start with the lightest weight ur body can handle and once u get use to it, move to something heavier, there is no rush, it is not a rat race wink

doyin13:

Wetin be kettlebell sef. . . .

It conjures images of the local Akpoti
common in Nigeria

it is the same thing bro, the only difference is, instead of water na olumo rock dey inside grin grin grin
Re: Personal Training by backlash09: 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
All well and good with this new fad called the kettlebells, but I'd be afraid to use them cos I'll keep thinking the handle could break off and the cannonball will fall on my head! tongue. In any case I'll be sticking to my good old [b]dumb[/b]ells grin.
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2010
tubabie:

Thanks babe, where did you buy yours? a sports store or gym?
I got mine from a sports store online
http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cast-iron-kettlebells.php
Re: Personal Training by tubabie(f): 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2010
^^^ Thanks dear wink.
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
backlash09:

All well and good with this new fad called the kettlebells, but I'd be afraid to use them cos I'll keep thinking the handle could break off and the cannonball will fall on my head! tongue. In any case I'll be sticking to my good old [b]dumb[/b]ells grin.
Funnily enough dumbells broke off on me shocked shocked shocked, Thank God I quickly moved because it would have landed on my foot. These kettlebells are pure iron coated with paint wink wink
Re: Personal Training by tubabie(f): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Funnily enough dumbells broke off on me shocked shocked shocked, Thank God I quickly moved because it would have landed on my foot. These kettlebells are pure iron coated with paint wink wink
Wah! shocked shocked , thats scary o.
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
tubabie:

Wah! shocked shocked , thats scary o.
Yes O, I was shocked myself grin grin
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2010
tubabie:

^^^ Thanks dear wink.

so u didnt thank me for my advice? i dey vex ooo! angry angry angry angry

Ebonyeyes:

when u keep buying igbo made dumbbells, what did u expect? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Personal Training by tubabie(f): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2010
na2day?:

Lol,no vex, am still surprised at this well behaved Na2day tongue, been a while our paths crossed. . . . .
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
tubabie:

Lol,no vex, am still surprised at this well behaved Na2day tongue, been a while our paths crossed. . . . .

they put me on some sedative, can't wait for it to wear out tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Personal Training by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
na2day?:

when u keep buying igbo made dumbbells, what did u expect?  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Well seeing as the manufacturing industry in the UK is non-existent, it probably is Igbo made grin grin Na2day and nice should not be put in the same sentence, he has been a biatch to me since I joined this dump angry angry angry
Re: Personal Training by na2day2(m): 4:28am On Apr 02, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Well seeing as the manufacturing industry in the UK is non-existent, it probably is Igbo made grin grin Na2day and nice should not be put in the same sentence, he has been a biatch to me since I joined this dump angry angry angry

all i do for u is out of love, just like all u do for NL/naija guys is out of love  tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4)

This Child’s Got A Cancer.facebook Is Ready To Pay 3 Cent For Every Share.help H / Photos - Side Effects Of Steriods Abuse / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.