Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right (1341 Views)

Banky W: I Was Disappointed Wizkid Didn’t Attend My Wedding / Veteran Musician, Sunny Neji Says His Hit Songs Didn’t Get Enough Accolades / “Wiz On The Beach” Concert: Mr Eazi, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Wande Coal Thrill Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right by splendid22(m): 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
It was a night of unbridled expectations, expectations because 2017 has been a big year for Wizkid with him clinching awards and taking giant strides in his career. You could see the desire to see Wizkid perform written on the faces of his fans. Wizkid himself was ready to connect with his fans, fans he refers to as ‘Wizkid FC’.

Wiz ‘On the beach’ was the debut edition of the concert which also featured Tiwa Savage, Mr Eazi ,Wande Coal and others.

Yesterday night, Wizkid can be compared to a King that was being coronated in his kingdom.The zest and energy exhibited by the fans at the Oniru beach venue of the concert was palpable. If Wizkid had fainted on that stage, the multitude would do whatever it takes to revive him. A certain fan was seen using his face towel to clean the footwear of Wizkid. For him, it was a symbolic way of tapping into the greatness of the singer.

So what exactly did Wizkid get wrong?

He chased away journalists cum cameramen
Wizzy got high on his own supply. No one saw it coming. The Ojuelegba crooner with wild enthusiasm mounted the stage, the crowd cheered and screamed and he got carried away by the display of affection from his fans.

“Eyin temi! My people. Let me hear you say yeah yeah” he said.

Thereafter he chased away the journalists and cameramen who were busy capturing the moments.

“I want to feel my people. Cameramen, leave this place. I want to see my fans. Move away so I can perform for my fans. Abi una deaf” he said.

The celebrity world and the mass media are inextricably tied together in a relationship that is both mutually beneficial. Celebrity culture is deeply rooted in the media. The brand Wizkid would not exist without the publicity garnered from the media.

https://www.thenewsguru.com/wiz-beach-3-things-wizkid-didnt-get-right/

Re: Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right by Officialhow(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
BOOKEDBOOKEDBOOKED
Re: Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right by Olemabu(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
Officialhow:
BOOKEDBOOKEDBOOKED
it won't make it to fp... you know why? a post should deliver a lot of content before directing to the blog. But no, this one teases a cliff hanger. nobody likes that.

1 Like

Re: Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right by BoboKush(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmn
Re: Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right by Swaggzkid: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
You ended up mentioning just one. kilode?
Re: Wiz ‘on The Beach’: 3 Things Wizkid Didn’t Get Right by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
booked

(1) (Reply)

Meet The First Nigerian Singer To Sing Despacito And She Is Female! (video) / Actor Van Vicker - Family, Networth, Cars, Bikes, Houses, Movies / Cee-c Bbnaija Doing Her Famous Twerk In Portharcourt (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.