Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Red Harmattan - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Harmattan (1876 Views)

HOLIDAY SPECIAL: Harmattan And Chicken Wings. A Christmas Story Collection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 5:50am On Dec 14, 2017
HELLO EVERYONE!! AM BACK AGAIN...

RED HARMATTAN, is about two sisters, sumbo and jummy.
on was asked to marry her sister's fiance because they
were not medically compatible. do you think she will agree?
even if she agrees do you think sumbo would be able to stand down
for jummy to take over? why don't you find out......

lets do this lets have fun!!!!

am inviting everyone on nairaland of course!

WILLYBABS, abefe99, olujuwonj, stardomberry, sirblero, Shakyroh320, Babsopey, toboski1, Missmossy, OMO1234567, Daniluv2k4, fattprince, Hargbo, xtanlee, sirfolarin, nikkybeez, PopoolaTaiwo, saxwizard, livingimage, Prinxxdave, OLAFIMIX, oluwatymylehyn, MzDarocha,
Sainttops, wizzybro10, Tife101, jwlawn, OlufemiWhit,
Ridwan1821, dexzzy, LeMubs, SPDAZZY, tosyne2much, holufunmie, Vickiey192, Qasaforlife, Toyibtaw, spixytinxy, pcicero,
oluangelkay, Iamfelicia, Just30, lillyana, Nmaglit, BEAMBOR13, tonye72, gentlebeeholar, mofy1, Precial419, Hundreddegrees, swanky47

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Harmattan by kingphilip(m): 6:30am On Dec 14, 2017
Write chapter full ground

People go de come from right left and center
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 6:42am On Dec 14, 2017
Chapter one........ Loading....
Re: Red Harmattan by EvaJael(f): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2017
swankmee:
zeezeegal, itsandi, mhizsuccess, Tiffbuxas, Tyeenigga, spixytinxy, hybrid600, Silensa, Lyoncresent, bossy512, blair01, najaka, Iamfelicia, Just30, lillyana, Nmaglit, BEAMBOR13, tonye72, gentlebeeholar, mofy1, Precial419, Hundreddegrees, iamloyalty, Ridwan1821, dexzzy, LeMubs, SPDAZZY, richiearmany14, smilingB1, emmaadigun, FamousAbN, funshizzle, selebobo10, gazlyn, pizzy77, leksymaxy, tyeenigga, countrygirl, Didov1, Sensitivity1254, chigold121, SurestG, queenitee, Qasaforlife, EvaJael, Marychommy, kelvinhilton, kimkardashain, mhizgap, marianneada, Darkcrisp, Princ007, Lleigh, kyliespicer, kimberlyWest, CRaIziee, Eyinimofeoluwa, aprilwise, Gloryejims, selebobo10, BeckyTeelard, dopeyomi, Daniluv2k4, fattprince, Hargbo, xtanlee, sirfolarin, nikkybeez, PopoolaTaiwo, saxwizard, livingimage, Prinxxdave, OLAFIMIX, countrygirl, Maryclaire1, Yungeez, Adesina12, ladysuperb, henergygirl, Nobody, sparklebabe, (divepen1oga sir I humbly welcome u).
Ekemeze, dimssy, rachealfst, Yampotatocarrot, pasroland, Ehi07, KingDerin, Akazeta, Lyoncresent, bossy512, blair01
I is here

1 Like

Re: Red Harmattan by CRaIziee(f): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2017
M here with my well of ice cream n drum of pop corn incase una wan buy grin

1 Like

Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2017
This is a true life story.... Written my me
Please don't copy my stories if u actually want to do that, take permission from me. Thks as u comply.

CHAPTER ONE
"ushafa"
I muttered to the conductor who quickly dropped down from the moving danfo bus and stepped aside for me to enter. The driver made two more stops, picking up passengers. I was seated between two elderly women, one had a hard and unfriendly face while the other woman by my right had a smiling face. She had even greeted me immediately she entered the bus and I had resisted the urge of holding a handkerchief over my nose as a result of her mouth odor, I kept on twitching my nose towards the window so as to stop her from talking but she continued. I quickly murmured an inward prayer for God to hasten the driver so I can be free from this woman.
It was almost 5pm when we got to ushafa. I alighted from the bus and took a bike to monkey village. My elder sister had rented a house there, and she was going to leave the house like in 2 months time to her matrimonial home.
I smiled to myself, my elder sister was indeed lucky. She had gotten herself a proper yoruba man to marry not only that, the guy was also wealthy and caring of course and women practically drooled for him but he had eyes only for my sister. I hissed as we started moving on the rough parts of the road as I struggled to get my thoughts together. I was a bit jealous of my sister because my fiancé wasn't that wealthy, as he works in federal ministry of information and he wasn't well paid despite the fact that he is in level 8. My fiancé could also boast of a small printing shop at wuse, a camry and a one bedroom apartment. He wasn't still to be compared to my sister's fiancé. I am really in love with my fiancé but not in love with his financial status. I held the back of the bike with one hand as I clutched my bag tightly with the other hand so as to avoid getting bumped against the bikeman as the road was bumpy and terribly rough.
I felt my phone vibrate inside my bag and I knew it was my sister calling for the fifth time since I left FLORA HILLS COLLEGE GWARIMPA, where I worked as a chemistry teacher and I was well paid with good accommodation as the school was a boarding school. The students were on mid-term break and when I I saw my sister's message that morning, I knew she wanted or rather needed help in planning her wedding.
I alighted from the bike as soon as we got to the front of a blue gate that had about 5 other flats in the compound. I paid the bike man and entered the compound.
My sister's flat is the last in the compound. It was painted in sky blue and cream colour. Even the door was well furnished. I knocked slightly on the door,before the door opened only to reveal my sister's puffy red eyes.
I was startled, but I followed her into the house trailing behind her quietly as I shut the door behind us. I surveyed her self-contain that accommodated a big 12inch mattress, a red flowered bedsheets was neatly spread on it. I sat on the soft bed as I felt the foam press underneath me as soon as I sat on it. I took in the other details In the room slowly, it appeared as if my had lavishly furnished her room because there was no how my sister could afford an 18inch home theater, a Panasonic air conditioner was also placed at the top left side of the room just opposite the bed. I swallowed my jealousy as I forced my eyes on the images displayed on the wall TV.
"we broke up"
My gaze flew on my sister, who was sitting on the tiled floor and had her back to a brown sofa chair. I watched her in awe as she stuffed what I presumed to be chocolate cake into her mouth. My sister was a Baker as well as a caterer. She had read home economics at the kaduna polytechnic and has her HND in it. While me on the other hand, already have my Masters in biochemistry and atleast I could boast of 150k per month from my place of work but my sister on the other hand, doesn't even work as her fiancé Aremu always paid her bills so she lacked nothing. Like the saying goes, 'all fingers are not equal'. But right now my fair pretty sister was all moody because of a breakup!
"what?"
I sat on the floor beside her as I watched her stuff another piece of chocolate cake into her mouth. I expected her to be sober, sad, teary-eyed but she wasn't, she just sat there dry eyed, stuffing chocolate cake into her mouth as she kept staring blankly at the TV screen.
"sumbo.. Who initiated the break-up? And for goodness sakes why are you not crying!"
She glanced at me and laughed dryly.
"I have cried....... I have been soaking my dear bed for weeks now. Jummy you aren't seeing any tears now because am simply exhausted from crying"
I watched her the cake pieces fast into her mouth as she suddenly busted into tears. I heaved a sigh of relief, that at least she was now crying if not, I was already getting scared that if she didn't cry, she was probably going to do something harmful to herself. I shifted towards her and cuddled her while she kept crying.
"it's okay sis...... It's okay. you will definitely find a better person"
She cleaned her tears and raised her head to face me.
"no.... It can never be okay. the breakup was our only option because of our genotype".
I opened my mouth in surprise
"your genotype? How? Or is he AS too?"
My eyes widened as it glistened with tears. I watched her nod her head sadly as the tears kept pouring.
"yes Jummy.... He is also AS and we can't risk getting married so as not to give birth to sick children"
I shivered slightly as I remembered a staff of mine that almost ran crazy after her 3kids died. She and her husband were AS and they had thought they would give birth to healthy children since they were praying for God to change their genotype but they had given birth to triplets and they ended up been SS patients.
"sumbo please stop crying. It's better you guys had to separate. It will do your unborn babies more good''.
She stopped sobbing for a while to look at me like I had initiated her breakup. She started another round of tears as she walked to her bed and laid on it. I drew the rest of the cake towards me and bit into a slice. I increased the volume of the TV in order to block out sumbo's wailing.
Re: Red Harmattan by Dopeyomi(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
swankmee:
zeezeegal, itsandi, mhizsuccess, Tiffbuxas, Tyeenigga, spixytinxy, hybrid600, Silensa, Lyoncresent, bossy512, blair01, najaka, Iamfelicia, Just30, lillyana, Nmaglit, BEAMBOR13, tonye72, gentlebeeholar, mofy1, Precial419, Hundreddegrees, iamloyalty, Ridwan1821, dexzzy, LeMubs, SPDAZZY, richiearmany14, smilingB1, emmaadigun, FamousAbN, funshizzle, selebobo10, gazlyn, pizzy77, leksymaxy, tyeenigga, countrygirl, Didov1, Sensitivity1254, chigold121, SurestG, queenitee, Qasaforlife, EvaJael, Marychommy, kelvinhilton, kimkardashain, mhizgap, marianneada, Darkcrisp, Princ007, Lleigh, kyliespicer, kimberlyWest, CRaIziee, Eyinimofeoluwa, aprilwise, Gloryejims, selebobo10, BeckyTeelard, dopeyomi, Daniluv2k4, fattprince, Hargbo, xtanlee, sirfolarin, nikkybeez, PopoolaTaiwo, saxwizard, livingimage, Prinxxdave, OLAFIMIX, countrygirl, Maryclaire1, Yungeez, Adesina12, ladysuperb, henergygirl, Nobody, sparklebabe, (divepen1oga sir I humbly welcome u).
Ekemeze, dimssy, rachealfst, Yampotatocarrot, pasroland, Ehi07, KingDerin, Akazeta, Lyoncresent, bossy512, blair01

Ah don land.. Thanks for the mention..

Helenbee come o..

1 Like

Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 6:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
CONTINUATION
I shook my head at my sister's plea as I sighed exasperatedly. Frustrated by her act, I stood up from the bed, flung my small sized traveling bag on the bed and hurriedly stuffed my clothes in it not listening to her.
"Jummy please now..."
Sumbo sat on the bed as she continued to beg me.
"how can you say that Sumbo? and you know I have a fiancé too. and if not for finance we ought to have been married".
"I know now, please I beg you Jummy consider my offer. It will kill me if Aremu gets married to someone else."
I stamped my foot in irritation. How could she be so inconsiderate. Even if anyone in my shoes could easily jump to her offer of me marrying her fiancé, I certainly would not do such, if not for anything but for my fiancé Kennedy. I couldn't just break his heart, and asides from that I love him. I concentrated on my bag and zipped it. I was going back to my house, although I have been at sumbo's place for 5 days now and she kept on filling my ears with this nonsense.
"I can't and will not consent to this callous decision. I know you've never liked my fiancé but I really don't care about your opinion. So please stop bugging me with your decision, I really don't care!"
I quickly pulled on a short straight gown and grabbed my bag as I left the room with Sumbo trailing behind me.

CHAPTER TWO
The leaves on the tree branches swayed gayly as if they approved the dry harmattan breeze that was blowing. I could easily perceive dust during harmattan weather. I licked my dry lips, I wasn't a fan of lipsticks and lip gloss as they never stayed long on my lips because I licked them.
I relaxed on my chair which was beside or rather opposite the window. My phone rang out in the almost quiet staff room interrupting my colleague's sobbing. I ignored the call, it was Sumbo so I didn't even bother to pick it. It was already closing hour and the other teachers were already gone and since it was exam period, they closed early.
"Jummy am so mad at him. Perhaps he fell in love with my face not my personality."
She concluded, dabbing her eyes with a handkerchief. It was unlike Ruth not to wear make-up on her face but today, her face was devoid of make-up.
"it is well, probably he is not meant for you"
I stared blanky at her, I felt for her but I wasn't moved by her tears. Her fiancé dumped her because he was shocked when he saw her 'real face' few days to their introduction ceremony. He had come to her house that morning unannounced according to her and he had been too shocked to the bone when she saw her face bare, without make-up. According to Ruth, he had asked her 'how come you don't have eyebrows'? and ' I thought you had pointed nose'
I nearly busted into laughter when she was telling me but I had to refrain myself from doing that if not she would have my head for dinner. She wailed almost loudly and I started feeling for her. She was almost 35 years old and she must have felt he was her last hope.
"but Ruth, you also did not try o!"
I had to tell her the truth, she was always decking her face with layers of foundation powder.. She glanced at me with teary face.
"how?"

"how come you've always been on make-up whenever you are around your guy?"

"Jummy you don't understand. this guy toasted me when I had make-up on, so I felt that if he sees me without it, probably he wouldn't like me".
My phone rang out again, this time it was my mum. I put the phone to my ear as I listened to her calm voice.
"mum goodafternoon"
"how are you doing jumoke?"
"am fine, how is dad?"
"he is fine.... So when are you coming home?"
"eeerrr... early december but I will give you a call before then ma."
"ohkay that's good then. we will be waiting for you".
" alright mum, I even wanted to report Sumbo to you, I.... "
" don't worry Jummy, when you come home, we will talk about it ".
I hesitated as soon as the call ended. I didn't understand what she meant by 'when you come home we will talk about it'. Or has Sumbo already told her? I thought, as Ruth spoke up and interrupted my thoughts.

" I have learnt my lesson in a very hard way"

I nodded my head at her and squeezed her hands she placed on the table. Ruth wasn't that pretty although she was fair in complexion, she had a round face but flat nose and a Chinese kind of eyes, and to crown it all, she is short and fat.

"it's all good Ruth. Just try to be yourself and it's not as if you will completely stop the make-up..... but In everything there should be moderacy".
Ruth continued staring at me, this time her eyes were dry.
"that's the problem, I feel I can do without make-up but in the actual sense I can't...... am not you Jummy am not as beautiful as you her so it's quite difficult for me".
I nodded at her, trying to absorb what she has just said.

"don't worry Ruth, am sure you can cope without it for a while uhm? Alright let's go home"
I needed to go home because Ken and I have a lunch date. I swung my brown checked bag on my left shoulder and squeezed Ruth's hand with my right as I tried to reassure her that all will be well.

2 Likes

Re: Red Harmattan by HelenBee(f): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
Dopeyomi:

Helenbee come o..
Thanking you.

1 Like

Re: Red Harmattan by FireRain: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
Following..
Re: Red Harmattan by saxwizard(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
i don land............thanks for the mention
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
CHAPTER THREE

kennedy took me to one of the most expensive restaurant in maitama, we were seated on the last floor of the two storey building just by the glass door. We had just finished the main course meal and was waiting for our deserts. I flashed him a smile while he winked at me. The waiter brought our deserts and we dug into it in no time.
"jummy...I hope you like the food"
I glanced at him, and smiled.
"babe, you just spent almost 15 thousand naira and you are asking me how much I like the food? Sweetheart the food is very nice! Sincerely I love it. thanks am really grateful".
He smiled back revealing the dimples on both cheeks.
"babe, you know I love you right?"
I paused and dropped my dessert cup on the table as I focused on him. I knew he was about to say something serious because of the way he constantly rubbed his chocolate hands.
"Ken... What's wrong?"
He sighed and looked into my eyes.
"what am about to say might
come as a shock to you but
I just hope you understand."
I began to sweat under my arms as I tried sitting up in the chair. Perhaps he was breaking up with me maybe that was why he had brought me for a last lunch together. I swallowed hard trying to stop my palpitating heart as all these thoughts raced through my mind as I stared into his eyes.
"are you breaking up with me?"
He quickly held my hands in his as he spoke to me.
"what?..... no, no I can't and will never do that jummy. sooner or later I will wed you.... it's just that"
I sighed, my heart raced with joy as I held on to his hand as he continued speaking.
"am kind of in financial difficulty
right now and... I... you know my
salary at work is little and I kinda
need money to invest in a business, so I sold my car".
The smile on my face gradually reduced.
"you sold your car? Why?"
I removed my hands from his and relaxed my back on the chair trying to absorb the news he just broke. If he had financial difficulties now, when are we going to get married? I felt sad as I fixed my sad gaze on him.
"jummy am sorry, I know I didn't
let you on about it but I had to keep it away from you. I didn't want to disturb you with my problems".
I rolled my eyes at him, fixing my gaze on the blue checked shirt he wore, the shirt was a bit big for his now lanky frame, he still looked handsome as ever but his chocolate skin colour was gradually loosing it's glow.
"This is difficult for me Kennedy. You are supposed to see my parents atleast this december and now that you're financially tight, I know everything will be on hold".
I exhaled, feeling disappointed and discouraged.
"am so sorry baby, I know I have promised you alot and I will definitely fulfill them by God's grace. I just need a little time".
I shook my head slightly, trying to dismiss his last statement. I do not have that time anymore. I will be 28 years old by January 8th next year and I really do not have that time. I sighed again as I glanced at him sadly.
"it's okay Ken... It's just that
time is not by my side anymore
am a woman for crying out loud".
He gestured towards me to hold my hands, which he squeezed tightly.
"I promise you baby, next year
will not pass us by. and I promise you
after this year, I won't waste your time anymore".
I nodded slowly, as I tried to hold on to his last word for the fourth time.
"so what business did you invest in"?
He smiled at me and I could feel him relax a bit as he kept on holding my hands.
" I invested in agro-allied that is, farming, poultry and fishery for now".
I nodded my head but I wasn't too pleased with his choice of business so I quickly asked him another question.
"so you are now using legedez - benz abi"
We both busted out laughing and for the first time that day, I knew I had to spend the rest of our desserts and left the restaurant.

1 Like

Re: Red Harmattan by Rajosh(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
I just finished reading @ 30s and I must say I enjoyed it to the bone. I'm so following this.

1 Like

Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
Rajosh:
I just finished reading @ 30s and I must say I enjoyed it to the bone. I'm so following this.

Wow thks dear am glad u enjoyed it.
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
Update comes up later today.... Happy weekend!!
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
CHAPTER FOUR
I glanced round the dusty Street which also stood out as a result of some modern duplex houses while the rest of the houses were bungalow including my parents house. I paid the bike man that brought me and knocked on my parent's old gate. I dropped my small travelling bag as I waited for the gate to be opened.
I waited for like 5 minutes and then impatiently pushed the gate slightly and it opened. I made my way into the compound that house my parent's three bedroom flat. I could hear voices but I couldn't make out who they were as I approached the sitting room. I stared back at the 8 pairs of eyes that stared right back at me.
I wondered what mum's elder sister and sumbo were doing here. I wondered why they were all seated like they had a family meeting. I had only called mum to tell her I was coming home but I wasn't expecting the house to be full.
"good afternoon dad,.. Good afternoon mum".
I knelt down in respect to greet them while my aunty opened arms wide and hugged me even before I greeted her.
"how are you jummy... You've actually
added weight o! see your igbadi, look at how big it is! mama sumbo this girl is eating well o! "
I giggled and hugged her as she kept staring at my backside. While I heard Dad speak for the first time that day.
" how was your trip? "
" it was fine sir"
I stood up and sat beside sumbo who had her head bowed. I murmured a greeting to her and she nodded in reply.
"why don't you put your bag in your room
and then eat, freshen up, then come back to the sitting room. we have something to speak to you about".
I looked at mum's face, Her face held seriousness. I moved my gaze to dad but he just kept staring blankly at me like he hadn't heard anything. I glanced at my aunty who was giving me a 'you know' look. then I finally settled my gaze on my sister she still had that pitiful look in her eyes but I wasn't moved so I looked away.
"why don't you just say it... am already feeling anxious to hear"
I paused as I looked at mum, who directed her gaze to dad. Then I heard dad clear his throat.
"jummy... I just want you to know that we love you and we... "
I started sweating, even though the ceiling fan was blowing in high speed. were they about to die or what? I heard dad speak again this time with much confidence and authority.
" jummy we have just one request and we feel you should be able to grant it to us "
I nodded gingerly, of course I would do anything for them, I could remember when mum had to steal for us just so we could eat and I also remembered when dad had to be a mortuary attendant and did so many things that am not proud to say just for sumbo and I to go to school.
"of course dad, there's nothing I can't do for you and mum. You all suffered for me and I love you both for that"
My aunt busted out laughing
"I said it! Jummy is one in a million
that is why she's still my favorite niece. Sumbo don't be jealous o! "
I smiled, sumbo alsoalso smiled but she didn't say anything. My aunt kept chewing what I presumed to be a chewing gum. I stared at her already ageing fair skin and I wondered why she was still unmarried at 58 she had no husband just one adopted child.
" jummy am sure you are aware of your sister's condition. You know, she can no longer get married to Aremu because they are both AS"
I eyed sumbo slowly as I remembered how she had told me to marry her husband to be. I shook my head in disdain and focused on dad.
"we would want you to marry Aremu"
I shook, I opened my mouth, staring blankly at dad then at mum who spoke next.
"jummy please you just have to do it for your sister's sake".
Her last statement pushed me to flare up.
"what!! "
I turned my head to my side to look at my elder sister, I was surprised she was already on her knees. then my aunt spoke up.
" jummy... there is nothing new under the sun afterall Aremu is also a fine young man who is also doing well for himself... "
I stared at my aunt in shock. I thought she would have my back.
" aunty? How can you all be so callous! So unfeeling! What you are asking me to do is an abomination! "
Mum suddenly sprang up from the sofa as if she already prepared to fight me.
" it's not an abomination! ahnahn what is wrong with you? Sumbo has already pleaded with you, what else do you want? "
I stood up to face mum. I didn't understand why they were all against me including dad that I presumed to be his favorite because we looked alike but he simply kept quiet.
" what I want is for you to atleast respect my own decision! I have a fiancé and he would soon ask for my hand in marriage so please stop this unreasonable plea! "
Mum was already fuming while my aunt calmed her down. Meanwhile my dad was still quiet. Sumbo went on her knees and said,
" jumoke please I beg you. I don't just want Aremu to get married to someone else but you... "
I resisted the urge to smack her across the face as I raised my voice in reply.
" I don't understand what do you stand to gain with this your ridiculous match making! Sumbo.... even when we were still young, you've always been selfish! Why do you want me to marry Aremu when you clearly know I have a fiancé"
I allowed the 'fiancé' to linger in the air while I continued to stare at my dad for support but he looked away.
"why are you so blind to what am saying jummy? have been begging you for two whole months to marry Aremu. his family are presurizing him to get married and you know of course that you have nothing to loose. I'm the one sacrificing here"

"I didn't ask for your sacrifice sumbo! Infact I don't bloody care! even if am not happy about ken's financial constraints do you not also consider the fact that I love him! "

I was enraged, I was going crazy.

" look jummy, am also sure Ken would be happy for you. You can never tell if Aremu is even your future husb... "

" sumbo, if you weren't my elder sister, I ought to have slapped you! "

" jummy will you sit down! don't you ever speak to your elder sister like that! "

My eyes widened in shock. Finally my dad spoke but it appeared as if he wasn't on my side. My eyes burned with tears and I could also feel my throat burn as I tried to speak.

" am sorry dad... "

I forced back the tears, I didn't want to cry, atleast not in front of them. I glance at my aunt who started talking.

" jummy I know what they are asking you to do is quite difficult but it's also for your sake. please try and listen to your parents they know what's best for you"

Tears trickled down my face as I suddenly went numb. I wasn't expecting my aunt to support them. I felt disappointed and sad as I stood up from their midst to go to my room.

1 Like

Re: Red Harmattan by Silensa(m): 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Swankmee Sorry that i am late but i don land like landrover

i believe that Aremu is going to be a disaster to Jummy.
Sumbo i still dey eye you one kind
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
Silensa:
Swankmee Sorry that i am late but i don land like landrover

i believe that Aremu is going to be a disaster to Jummy.
Sumbo i still dey eye you one kind

thks dear, gud to have u here..
Re: Red Harmattan by Dopeyomi(m): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2017
Nice nice.. Keep it up.. Following closely..
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Nice nice.. Keep it up.. Following closely..

thks dear..
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Chapter five
I stirred on the bed as I heard someone knocking and calling my name quietly, I checked my phone to see the time.it was 9;45pm and I wondered who it was I quickly stood up to unlock the door. i was taken aback when I saw mum standing in front of me. Mum suddenly looked smaller than she used to be, but she certainly looked strong. my mum was a pretty woman and I could say that sumbo actually got her looks from her while I got mine from dad.
‘’won’t you let me in’’
I pushed the door widely so she could enter and then I shut the door and leaned on it facing my mum who had already sat on the bed. Although since the last incident about two weeks ago, I had been avoiding all of them at home but I wondered why mum was here, perhaps her eyes were finally opened she loosened her wrapper, and I wondered what she was trying to do.
Mum released her wrapper and I gasped at the sight I saw. There was the shape of an iron at her back, just below her right shoulder. My eyes trailed on the old black scar on her fair skin, my eyes trailed lower to her left buttocks and I saw the same scar. i was filled with rage. The scars were old but I was sure it had really hurt her when she had it.my heart raced, was it dad who did this to her or who could have done this? i asked myself. I was almost at the verge of tears, before I saw mum cover back the scars.
‘’who did that to you’’
My voice quivered while mum softly drew me to the bed
‘’do you remember the days when I had to steal for us to eat? I never wanted to do it but I had to. Your dad was also hustling on his own part but it wasn’t enough. i had to send you and sumbo to school and I got those scars’’
She concluded.
Tears gradually dropped from my eyes it was as if I could feel mum’s pain, I wept silently, I felt mum’s hands on my shoulder as if she patted me.
‘’I want you to marry Aremu. You can say am a gold digger Jummy but I don’t care. i have suffered too much. And I feel it is time to eat the fruit of my labour’’
I continued staring at her, as I was lost on what to do. Mum and dad really suffered for us but was it worth it?
‘’mum…. Please try to understand, ken….
‘’jumoke stop!’’
She snapped and I jumped out of her arms.
‘’Who is ken? See let me tell you. You should be glad your sister gave you this opportunity so don’t misuse it. You have been dating this ken even though I have never seen him you have been dating him for the past eight years and there’s nothing to show for it. You had better open your eyes, when he gets a good job and money starts coming in, he will just dump you. so you better shine your eyes you are 28 not 20’’
I found myself quietly nodding to what she had just said but I know ken loved me and he would not want to hurt me. I sighed as I looked at mum who was already at the door.
"Jummy you have up to December 31st to make a decision today is 28th and you should have this at the back of your mind that if you don’t concur to this, I will personally curse you’’
She frowned at me and left, shutting the door tightly after her. i groaned as tears clouded my eyes mum was putting me in a tight corner, I shut my eyes tightly as I whispered
‘’holy Spirit please help me out’’

am sorry its short ...am so tired ryt now. more updates tomorrow by God's grace.
Re: Red Harmattan by Dopeyomi(m): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Red Harmattan by SPDAZZY(f): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2017
swankmee:
HELLO EVERYONE!! AM BACK AGAIN...

RED HARMATTAN, is about two sisters, sumbo and jummy.
on was asked to marry her sister's fiance because they
were not medically compatible. do you think she will agree?
even if she agrees do you think sumbo would be able to stand down
for jummy to take over? why don't you find out......

lets do this lets have fun!!!!

am inviting everyone on nairaland of course!

Présent madame
Re: Red Harmattan by SurestG(f): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
Swankmee darling, i'm here
Re: Red Harmattan by swankmee(f): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2018
SurestG:
Swankmee darling, i'm here

hey boo!!! where have u been... missed u
Re: Red Harmattan by SurestG(f): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
swankmee:

hey boo!!! where have u been... missed u
Bae na phone dey worry me. I miss u more hun
Re: Red Harmattan by joromi36(f): 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2018
NYC story..... OP but u've been quite slow with ur updates... please update soon.

#concernedreader
Re: Red Harmattan by EmpressEnnie(f): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
awwww nice story u've gat
Re: Red Harmattan by kelvinhilton(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
Dopeyomi:

Helenbee come o..
More grace

(1) (Reply)

Immortal Woman / Memoir Of A 'corper' Lawyer / Diary Of My Love Life...2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.