Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? (858 Views)

How Much Storage On Smartphone Do Typical Users Need? / Why Is It Most Android Phone Storage Is Not Upto Standard? / Big Storage? Big Storage?how Much Storage You Actually Need? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by Donahue(m): 7:51am On Dec 14, 2017
We jusst need 4 GB, 8GB before, thiis two year, the smartphone industry develops rapidly, in the design also in the performance. many games, video, photos, music... we need bigger and bigger storage. In the inner storage, now the capacity have expand to 32GB, 64GB, even 258 GB.

So, you think how much storage for your personally?

Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by shedy03(m): 8:11am On Dec 14, 2017
32G is just OK for my personal use. after all, the bigger the storage-the more expensive the phone.
Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:23am On Dec 14, 2017
16GB.

My 16GB is still remaining about 9GB after about a year of usage.
Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by zekokuyo: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2017
1TB

1 Like

Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by donbenie(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2017
Collectively about 80G,both inbuilt and SD Card.. 32+64G..
Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by MarkWayne89: 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
I think that 32gb is enough for anybody. The only issue is with the photos. But you can always transfer your photos to Google Drive or store it in your pc.
Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by eponoloyin: 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2017
Honestly, 16GB should be enough for any phone user. One might get an external storage like OTG Flash of 32GB to store sensitive files.

What if the phone get's stolen, all data will be lost.. So what's the point.
Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
Psychodavidovic:
16GB.

My 16GB is still remaining about 9GB after about a year of usage.

U phone must be really empty. 16gb will have like 11-12gb free out of the box (some phones even have like 9gb free out of the box). Do u just use ur phone to make and receive calls? 16gb is too small for modern phones especially if the phone doesn't support sd cards. This is why most flagships no longer do 16gb versions, I just pity those people with 16gb iPhones, they are suffering and smiling.

I can still manage 16gb if it supports sd cards. But for those Samsung flagships with lots of vr content, minimum is 32gb if it supports sd card, but If it doesn't support sd card then it better be at least 64gb. I remember the Galaxy s6 with 32 gb had just about 23gb free out of the box and it doesn't support sd card... Real pain

1 Like

Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2017
MarkWayne89:
I think that 32gb is enough for anybody. The only issue is with the photos. But you can always transfer your photos to Google Drive or store it in your pc.

32gb without sd card support is not enough for everyone bro, not now that apps are getting bigger. If u buy a Samsung flagship with 32gb u will have about 22-23gb free out of the box. The rest is taken up by the os. When u record 1080p videos and take a few pictures u are out of memory. Not to talk of some apps that take up to 1gb plus. 32gb is enough only it supports sd card. Or if the phone is a low or mid range phone with 720p display and weaker camera lens that can't record in 1080p. Those ones u can have up to 28gb or more free out of the box.
Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
My phone has 16gb inbuilt memory, I bought a 32gb memory card, I feel good.
Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
greenhulk:

U phone must be really empty. 16gb will have like 11-12gb free out of the box (some phones even have like 9gb free out of the box). Do u just use ur phone to make and receive calls? 16gb is too small for modern phones especially if the phone doesn't support sd cards. This is why most flagships no longer do 16gb versions, I just pity those people with 16gb iPhones, they are suffering and smiling.

I can still manage 16gb if it supports sd cards. But for those Samsung flagships with lots of vr content, minimum is 32gb if it supports sd card, but If it doesn't support sd card then it better be at least 64gb. I remember the Galaxy s6 with 32 gb had just about 23gb free out of the box and it doesn't support sd card... Real pain

Lool it's real empty, I'm not the type to keep stuffs on my phone, every week I delete lots of stuff on my phone, I don't take pictures and I don't listen to music. The series I download, once I watch it, I delete it. If my phone should lost today, I would miss only the phone itself, not the stuffs inside. I'm a simple guy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Storage Is Enough For Your Personally? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2017
greenhulk:

Bros, this is so me! I'm suffering and smiling....I use a 16GB phone and it doesn't support SD cards. I can't even download so cool apps on my phone, I download, watch and delete my favourite tv shows. 16GB is just okay, if you wanna use your phones for calls, sms and surfing the net. I will never buy a 16GB phone again. I have been using it for the past 5 years now.....no thanks to the harsh economy!

(1) (Reply)

100% Neat Uk Used Hot 3 Lte And Hot 4 / Brand New Vk World S8 For Sale(sold) / Still On Tecno Powerhouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.