Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React (597 Views)

George Akume Applauds Ned Nwoko On Malaria Eradication Project / Ned Nwoko Declares State Of Emergency On Malaria, Insists On Fumigating Nigeria / Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by 3html: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/4113687/buhari-asked-us-focus-northern/3

The United States Government through the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) has set aside a total of $9.6million to control malaria in Sokoto State.

United States Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria in a statement on Friday said 2.9 million bed nets valued at $8.1 million has been set aside for distribution with an additional sum of $1.5 million for logistics in the state.

The bed nets will be distributed in all 23 local government areas of the State.

READ ALSO: Oyo House Of Assembly Identifies 500 Indian Hemp Joints

“The bed nets, valued at $8.1 million will be distributed in all 23 local government areas of the State. The U.S. Government also provided an additional $1.5 million for logistics, including transportation of the bed nets, community mobilisation, and training of workers to distribute the bed nets. These nets and support for the distribution are a gift from the American People to the People of Sokoto State,” the statement read in part.

The distribution according to the US government is necessary to create increased access to health services, especially for the poor and because Malaria is a leading cause of illnesses in Nigeria.

“This bed net distribution is significant to scale up access to malaria prevention within every household in Sokoto State. Malaria is one of the leading killers of children and a leading cause of illnesses in Nigeria, particularly during the rainy season when the mosquito population increases,” the statement read.

The statement said further that, since 2011, the U.S. Government has spent more than $420 million to control malaria in Nigeria. Over 50 percent of U.S. Government funding for malaria goes into procuring and distributing insecticide-treated bed nets, malaria diagnostic kits, and malaria medicines.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/15/united-states-spend-9-6m-malaria-control-sokoto/

Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by 3html: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2017
:cc Lalasticlala, seun

Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2017
Ebola virus loading
Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by 3html: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2017
imhotep:
Ebola virus loading
$9.6 m + recently approved $1 billion dollars. All going to the far North
I think malaria is more prevalent in the creeks of Niger Delta
Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2017
3html:

$9.6 m + recently approved $1 billion dollars. All going to the far North
I think malaria is more prevalent in the creeks of Niger Delta
We know what they are up to.
Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by Kemperor: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2017
My dear people.... It is just politics...
The U.S is just trying to appease the sultan of sokoto...

You know why?... Because even Buhari answers to the sultan...
Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by 3html: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Kemperor:
My dear people.... It is just politics...
The U.S is just trying to appease the sultan of sokoto...

You know why?... Because even Buhari answers to the sultan...
When Jonathan was in power everybody has a fair share, he never directed any foreign agency to focus on a particular region. It was Nigeria first
Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
angry

The bed nets, valued at $8.1 million

∆ I don't understand... For Nets??.... ∆
Re: United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React by RemedyLab: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
All this huge amount of money they are sharing is enough for some country's annual budget.
$1B for insurgency recently

(1) (Reply)

Fitness For Obese Person, / Whitish Release From The P.e.n.n.i.s / Dont Judge Me Pls, Doc Come In N Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.