Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,800 members, 7,956,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

NASA Discovers A New Solar System Similar To Ours! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / NASA Discovers A New Solar System Similar To Ours! (343 Views)

*SOLD*!Mint HP Elite X2 1012 G1 Similar To A Microsoft Surface Pro Laptop. @165k / Please Don’t Buy The MTN Lumos Solar System Until You Read My Review / ***CHEAPEST 1KVA SOLAR SYSTEM + 2 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NASA Discovers A New Solar System Similar To Ours! by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 17, 2017
Data from the Kepler Space Telescope has revealed the Kepler-90 system ties with our own for the most number of planets known to orbit a single star. The discovery of an eighth exoplanet, Kepler-90i, revolving around its Sun-like star located 2,545 light years away in the constellation of Draco, was achieved using artificial intelligence software programmed to detect the distinct light signature of planets passing in front of their parent star.

According to NASA, the discovery of Kepler-90i was the result of the work by researchers Christopher Shallue and Andrew Vanderburg, who used an artificial "neural network" to examine the 35,000 possible planetary signals returned by the unmanned Kepler spacecraft. Artificial intelligence has been used before to process the Kepler data, but by imitating the way neurons connect in the human brain, Shallue and Vandenberg were able to train the computer to seek out and identify weak transit signals that had previously been missed.

The researchers used machine learning by training the neural network to identify transiting planets from 15,000 previously-vetted signals, which allowed the software to identify planets and eliminate false positives with a 96 percent accuracy. This made it possible for the team to examine 670 systems known to have multiple exoplanets on the assumption that these systems were most likely to show weak light of further planets continue reading@https://www.seyiblog.com.ng/2017/12/nasa-discovers-new-solar-system-similar.html?m=1
Visit www.seyiblog.com.ng for technology news, gadgets review, affordable data plans and lot more
Re: NASA Discovers A New Solar System Similar To Ours! by Worksunlimited: 8:18am On Dec 17, 2017
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

MACBOOK PRO. 13.3-INCH INTEL CORE i5 2.5GHz- 6GIG RAM 512GB STORAGE. 08138408036 / Do Not Miss Out / Done deal.. Sold!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.