Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,072 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Court Sentences Man Who Killed His Wife’s Lover To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Man Who Killed His Wife’s Lover To Death (1001 Views)

Man, 25, Kills Wife’s Lover; Another Poisons 4-yr-old Son / 55yr-old Man Beats 65-yr-old Lover To Death In Hotel Room After Sex / Court Sentences Man To Death For Stealing Handset, N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Sentences Man Who Killed His Wife’s Lover To Death by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2010
It was a wailing and anguish galore as a 50-year old man, Mathew Ahungur, was sentenced to death by hanging by Justice Raheem Siyanbola of Osun State High Court, Iwo, for killing his supposedly wife’s lover in 2005.

advertisement

However, an Osogbo Magistrate Court presided over by Magistrate Olalekan Ijiwole has freed a middle aged man, Saheed Mukaila, who had been in Ilesa Prison since 2007 for allegedly stealing four handsets worth N26,500.

On June 8, 2005, Matthew was said to have murdered Prince Sunday Adedoyin, an Estate Management consultant, whom he accused of having extra marital affairs with his wife, Felicia, at Kajola, Iwo.

Mathew’s journey to the hangman’s house started when he met Sunday at his wife’s shop, got angry and attacked him with sharp cutlass and the former died after the attack.

It was gathered that on the fateful day, Matthew, an indigene of Benue State, who had been suspecting his wife’s romance with Sunday, was going to his farm when he met the latter and warned him to leave his wife alone.

In his statement, Matthew said “he had warned Sunday several times to stop having affairs with Felicia to no avail. On that day on my way to farm, we met again and I warned him to stop disturbing my wife.

He laughed at me and even boasted that he was going to my wife’s shop after leaving the spot. I became angry and I dared him to do so.” To know if Sunday was bluffing or meant his boast, Matthew, after some time, went to his wife’s shop and to his utmost dismay, he met Sunday there, chatting heartily with Felicia. Argument and fighting soon ensued between the men and in a fit of anger, Mathew attacked Sunday with cutlass.

read more
Re: Court Sentences Man Who Killed His Wife’s Lover To Death by tayoast(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2010
**hangs head**

(1) (Reply)

Police Paraded Two Month Old Baby In Ogun State / 70-year-old Woman Arrested For Armed Robbery / Fake Nigerian Doctor Caught After Practising For 10years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.