Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (80287 Views)

Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry / Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Badgers14: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
veacea:

God bless you my BarriSTAR

Barrister Amandianaeze Esq. Barrister & Solicitor of supreme court of Nigeria.

Amandianeze chambers

2 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by fellowman: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
now tell me how the Hijab will block here brain to do justice. is just a mere cloth. don't you get it, or is the Islam that you have phobia for?

if it's a mere clothe then why can't she remove it during inauguration and if it's a mere clothe then why are we having this discussion?

13 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by enemyofprogress: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
iswallker:
Stone hearted people can carry bomb...

shocked
like amada firdaus

3 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Adekdammy: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
So a sango worshipper can as well plait his and fix cowries around it, someone can as well decide to wear aso oke for call to bar.

Nonsense and ingredients, since there is a law follow it and if it, she should know better jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by africanusvu(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Check wat she studied and you will found out it is Sharia law.wit 2cdedits in IRS AND HAUSA LANG u can become a Sharia lawyer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by sogud(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Limitednow:

http://headline.com.ng/intentionally-wore-hijab-bar-ceremony-amasa-firdaus/

u re disturbin me ooooo.
na byforce to study n finish.
Go n learn handwrk
I cn c u re vry stuborn.
removing of hijab has bin goin on since.
wo do u tink u re to chng it.
if u cnt follow d rules plssssssss go n sidon..
I dnt wnt to hear u sayin anytin abt dis hijab tin again ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by HeyCorleone(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
China has long since banned long beards and the hijab. Why? Because it's not an Islamic state.

Those things can be common place in a country like Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern States which are predominantly Islam, but Nigeria isn't, even though most of us think it's theory. The laws of the country doesn't allow such.

And now you're playing the victim card? After flouting a law? And you hope to someday represent someone in court?!

Indeed sanity is relative.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by enigmaticlion: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:
So she intentionally set out to go the bar ceremony to cause problems being the the Adherent of the religion of peace she is ..I maintain this silly girl is being sponsored for Bigger agenda by people within the NBA and the govt who in coming months will make Hijab wearing okay for female muslim lawyers and Judges in our common law courts...just watch and see
That's what they do, religion of madness, bloodshed, chaos, slavery and backwardness. They should ban her terrorist ass. Why didn't go and study sharia law in Sudan like her sponsors. Goat!

4 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Johnnyoungster(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Muslims are just too stubborn... itz in their blood

6 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by BenzEne1(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
factsandfigures:
I want my Muslim brothers to answer this question with all sincerity. Will it be acceptable to them if someone turn up in Sango attires to the bar ceremony?
I am yet to see anywhere in the Koran that makes the wearing of hijabs compulsory.

If the Sango worshipers want to fight for their right. It has got nothing to do with us. They can do as they please. Good luck.to them. Practicing the religion appropriately is what matters.

Verse (24:31) - Translation
“...and not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms...

What is the meaning of “khumur” used in this verse?
Khumur خُمُرٌ is plural of khimarخِمَارٌ , the veil covering the head.

Al-Munjid, which is the most popular dictionary in the Arab world, defines al-khimar as “something with which a woman conceals her head —ما تغطى به المرأة رأسها .” Fakhru ’d-Din al-Turayhi in Majma‘u ’l-Bahrayn (which is a dictionary of Qur’anic and hadith terms) defines al-khimar as “scarf, and it is known as such because the head is covered with it.

So the word khimar, by definition, means a piece of cloth that covers the head.

Then what does the clause “placing the khumur over the bosoms” mean?
According to the commentators of the Qur’an, the women of Medina in the pre-Islamic era used to put their khumur over the head with the two ends tucked behind and tied at the back of the neck, in the process exposing their ears and neck. By saying that, “place the khumur over the bosoms,” Almighty Allah ordered the women to let the two ends of their headgear extend onto their bosoms so that they conceal their ears, the neck, and the upper part of the bosom also

3 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by blackbeau1(f): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
You wore the hijab because you are a bigot and wanted to start up a religious war

6 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Famodimudavid(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:
So she intentionally set out to go the bar ceremony to cause problems being the the Adherent of the religion of peace she is ..I maintain this silly girl is being sponsored for Bigger agenda by people within the NBA and the govt who in coming months will make Hijab wearing okay for female muslim lawyers and Judges in our common law courts...just watch and see
hey watch your mouth...and this is how you start issues on religion rivalry...I dont see anything bad about the Muslim sister's demand or agenda as the case my be.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by LordKO(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
She's a poor - mentally - law graduate. . . Right doesn't mean absence/negation of law.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Ejomax77(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Instead of you to go and study I.R.K, you say nah law you wan study and you know say ur religion no go make u dey law abiding.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by erico2k2(m): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
quote the book pls. your God have the say brother, he created you and made the call,
Im quoting a Turkish guy whom we employed and pose teh questiont o him how he was going to handle not praying five times a day as the Job wont permit him to.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by bejeria101(m): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
dhardline:
I won't be surprised if she was put up to do this by some Muslim clerics just to arm twist the masses to forcefully do their bidding. They use human right as a front but once they get a grip of what they need they take Human Rights away and force their religion down the throats of the people.As the Holy Bible says 'they keep the outside of the cup clean but the inside remains filthy' juxtapose that to someone who wears hijab but boldly insults those advising her to take it off.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
you just want to draw up issues and controversy..,don't you remove the him an wen you visit your boyfriend or would you say you don't have? why now at the law school you will generate all this noise....well n.a. you know wetin you dey find...soon that thing you go see am..attimes let sleeping dog lie in this country and a low noise to quench...ok watch now,na this your him an issues them go talk till we enter 2018 whereas other important issues like budget, boko haram, EFCC, maina ,etc are still unresolve...
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Yusuf54: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
Limitednow:
Just tell us you need an Islamic state.

There is no difference between you and boko haram!
Always comment like a sensible n responsible person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by archdon: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
if you have her number tell her smoy is proud of her.
Firstly, "smoy" is a stupid a** name
She disobeyed the one law "secular" protecting her right as woman unlike Islamic law which advocate she shouldn't even go to school in the first place. If she loves Islam dis much she shouldn't have gone to school in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Nevee: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
If her religion forbids her from removing the hijab, then let her religion call her to bar. That same religion forbids you from swearing, yet you wanted to enter the hall to take an oath. That's hypocrisy.

Going foward, they better allow members of the white garment churches to be called to bar in their robes too because I see the issue being resolved in her favour with the intervention of a few influential fanatics.

The Qur'an or Bible does not supercede our constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by opribo(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
She should not mix Sharia law with English law the way it was handed down to us by the British

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by forzarush(f): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
simsay:
Your professional law body don't agree with your dressing. Make your family proud, remove it next year and be called to bar. Am sure you were taught as a Muslim to obey governing bodies, please do. To the best of my understanding, wearing hijab in your religion is not compulsory, why make a big deal out of it for christ sake. She wore the hijab neatly but they said no, then follow the rules. We all make mistakes, if she had known she would be rejected, there is a greater chance that she wouldn't wear it that day.
I won't be surprised if the law is bent to accommodate her cause of the northerners in high places and their Muslim influential friends in the west. They should kuku name the country 'the islamic state of Nigerian brotherhood'
But serously, an individual doesn't want to bend her personal rules, but want a professional body established before she was born to bend theirs. Something has gone seriously wrong somewhere. Inferiority complex is the word, 'they refused my dressing cos am a muslim. They hate me cos am a muslim' but it's not true, they won't take it from anyone no matter the background
Hijab is COMPULSORY, Olodo.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by toprealman: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
Desyner:
Nonsense!
If the acceptance of 'face mask' in NewYork justifies her action I hope people like her will understand the stance of people like bob-risky.
By the way, what or who is she hiding her face from? Will the husband killer wife in Abuja also cover her face and claim another vieled person did the crime?
You do not know what a hijab is....do you?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by talk2percy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
Just look at her...attention seeker
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Mariangeles(f): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by sanusianangi: 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ki
Limitednow:
Just tell us you need an Islamic state.

There is no difference between you and boko haram!

Did u no the implication of ur statement? Why abuses because she claim her right? Mind ur uttranrance in public ok
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by eodavids(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
dhardline:
I won't be surprised if she was put up to do this by some Muslim clerics just to arm twist the masses to forcefully do their bidding. They use human right as a front but once they get a grip of what they need they take Human Rights away and force their religion down the throats of the people.As the Holy Bible says 'they keep the outside of the cup clean but the inside remains filthy' juxtapose that to someone who wears hijab but boldly insults those advising her to take it off.

Has this lady been wearing hijab everywhere in her entire life?

Of course, no. It is therefore surprising that she could not endure few hours event without hijab.

She has admitted prejudice and bias. Mens rea and actus reus are both discernible from her speech and premeditated action. The only reason why she won't be prosecuted for this act is "for peace to reign".

One person has caused a whole national argument which has the tendency of polarising the citizens along religious lines and she has no regret at all.

Isn't religion meant to create a better human being out of its adherents?
Why do some delight in using religion to create chaos

11 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by wirinet(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
so, not the same country constitution that give her same right to practice her religion supersede any regulations?

She has rights to practice her religion in a secular court? In that case every one else must also have thier rights in other secular institutions, ie deeper life members should not be forced to wear trousers while serving there NYSC, but should be allowed to wear skirts. Same for female deeper life members serving in any of the security forces including immigration, customs, etc.

What about cele members, should they be forced to wear shoes to their offices? They should be allowed to go bare footed to their place of service or work.

You guys should be aware that we have many religions in Nigeria and not Muslims and Christians. We have Ogboni, ifa, Bahai, and numerous others, if you guys insist that we should abandon common secular uniforms and adorn religious atires to secular functions, then you are advocating for anarchy.

5 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Ballack1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
I guess the girl graduated with poor grade from Law school
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by omojeesu(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2017
SalamRushdie:

She's following a script!

2 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by captianfreeman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
Children of disobedience.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by AgentOfAllah: 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
I have seen many claims on here that wearing hijab to one's call to bar is against the law, but I have yet to see anybody cite the specific law that is being violated. This is not about Amasa's religion, it's about her secular rights, and in this case, the law school, in spite of its unique position as the nurturer of Nigeria's judicial institution, is evidently the erring party here. The law school should ferociously adhere to, and promote the spirit of Nigeria's constitution, not brazenly violate it, as it has done against this young lady. I'm happy she's brave enough to stand her ground, and I stand with Amasa Firdaus!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Meet Ebere Asonibe, A Graduate Who Is A Native Doctor / Photos Of Twitter Staff Before And After Elon Musk / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.