Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue (29287 Views)

How To Get Your Staffs Hooked On Your Vision By Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Omokowa(m): 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
I truely love this topic...I was once a motivational speaker and taught I will make money through that but I realise I was wasting my time helping others and not my self. I later digressed to a different business. I support the op . God made me realise am not going to make it through my intelligence in the classroom but also that I should apply that intelligence outside the classroom. Educated people will still continue to work for uneducated ones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by emilfischer(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
Amakavula:
Because they take bigger risk, 1 out of 10 times it might be successful but not always. Education help one avoid such errors but also eliminate the potential of large success margin from unguided , planned risk
very very true.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by kabarka(m): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
Op and many other contributors are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by clemmonce(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
chloride6:
Rubbish article

First, the author has presented no statistical evidence supporting his primary claim....

Two, even if the primary claim was to be found to be correct, i doubt if would hold in developed countries...

Thirdly, What does the author regard as an acceptable level of the education? From the article i infer that the OP believes that a first degree is the minimum acceptable level of education. I find this contestable.

The strife to be relevant is not determined by your level of education.

The desire to change the world is also not a function of your level of education. All those uneducated boys building fuel less generation nko?

I dont have time to analyze the rest of the rubbish you wrote..

Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, etc are all educated...

people like you ate blinded by your thoughts nothing that will be said that will make sense to you .. if as an educated person you stop what the poster then you will be successful .. look at it from the angle
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by chloride6: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
clemmonce:
people like you ate blinded by your thoughts nothing that will be said that will make sense to you .. if as an educated person you stop what the poster then you will be successful .. look at it from the angle

Oga, to understand this your write up eh?
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
Please for those sending me messages via this platform should please send their messages to Johnspeaklife@gmail.com because I'm finding it difficult to read your messages. Thanks teejaymaya
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by livingseed: 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
greypencils:
The major key to success in business or indeed any other endeavour in life is FOCUS. you FOCUS ON ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY TILL YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL AT IT.

I support you about "focus" but I differ on your focus on one thing and one thing only theory because that was the mantra of management teachers seventeen years ago, focus on your core competence but today, you need to do more than your areas of core competence.

You see in the 20th century which ended 17 years ago, it was profitable to follow this advise- be reasonable and focus on one thing only. To follow the footsteps of your father, my father was a teacher, I also want to be a teacher, mummy is a caterer, I also must be a caterer. There were so many things that were reasonable, core competencies for example. I just want to be a banker and that's just what I want to be. All of those reason that was okay in the 20th century are no more reasonable in the 21st because the dynamics are different.

Unfortunately, we are in a very unusual century. Life in the 21st century is the age of unreason, the age of paradox and the age of perfect variations.

To be successful and prosperous in this generation, one might just need to be multifaceted. Science, arts, commerce, politics, ICT, family etc etc. It's really a variety of skills not just one thing.

Lastly, Perfect education means finding a golden mean where your blows count but does not wear you out. Over education will wear you out likewise under education.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by bakila: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
chloride6:
Rubbish article

First, the author has presented no statistical evidence supporting his primary claim....

Two, even if the primary claim was to be found to be correct, i doubt if would hold in developed countries...

Thirdly, What does the author regard as an acceptable level of the education? From the article i infer that the OP believes that a first degree is the minimum acceptable level of education. I find this contestable.

The strife to be relevant is not determined by your level of education.

The desire to change the world is also not a function of your level of education. All those uneducated boys building fuel less generation nko?

I dont have time to analyze the rest of the rubbish you wrote..

Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, etc are all educated...

With Ph.Ds?
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by 400billionman: 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
JohnspeakU:

I wish I knew you before writing this article I would have used you as a reference point because you are a true example of what this article is all about. I won't be surprised if you are working as an employee because that's what over intelligent people like you are meant for.

Everything you wrote is true.

Most people comment based on the limitations of their real life experiences.

Most educated people give up easily thinking they don't deserve unfavourable business circumstances. Educated people lose focus easily.

Some say, "I know my worth ".

What's your worth when you cannot feed yourself ? Pesin wey wan feed you, you tell the pesin, that he is too poor.

Really ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
400billionman:

Everything you wrote is true.

Most people comment based on the limitations of their real life experiences.

Most educated people give up easily thinking they don't deserve unfavourable business circumstances. Educated people lose focus easily.

Some say, "I know my worth ".

What's your worth when you cannot feed yourself ? Pesin wey wan feed you, you tell the pesin, that he is too poor.

Really ?

Thanks. It's quite disheartening that the educational system in Nigeria was designed to produce theoriticians rather than practitioners . The reason why most Nigerian graduate would rather prefer theories with quotes from academicians who lack field experience than follow people who have field experiences.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Arrahman39: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
hisgrace090:
On point.

To make a living out of your choosen profession is the ultimate goal at laat.

Some educated people too assume that people ought to know their worth, which in turn bench them for long in life.
take coke for your comment.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
hmm...are you telling me dangotte, Africa richest me don't over analyse or don't wnat to change the world yet he is building companies around African Countries and solving African needs.....motivational talk indeed
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by lanocfoods: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
JohnspeakU:
Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful in Business

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

You will be amazed at the number of Uneducated successful business men and women compared to the huge number of educated men and women who are struggling to build a little business like selling doughnuts or cake or event decoration.

Not everyone was or will be privileged to go through the four walls of a university but whether you are educated or not is not a guarantee that you will succeed in business. I know some people will say that education isn't all about going to the University, polytechnic or college of education, yes, but there are so many people who can't read or write properly but are doing well in business. Now, let me share with you just five reasons why most Uneducated business men and women are more successful than their educated Counterparts.

- They Strive More To Be Relevant

It's a well known fact that we live in a society where people believe that if you don't go to school you are are loser. As such, those not privileged to go to school who have ended up in business are striving more to succeed. The truth is, most educated people are too relaxed. They always feel that things should work for them easily because they have a first degree, master degree or a doctorate or PhD. While their Uneducated Counterparts are putting in more efforts in making sure that the society doesn't mock them, they are busy waiting for things to happen on their own terms.

- They Don't Want To Change The World

An average educated person's business idea is always about changing the world and making it better. While an uneducated business person is thinking of how to sell what people need and make profit from it, an educated business person is thinking of how to solve the world's problem. Truth be told, if we solve a problem today another one will still emerge tomorrow. So, stop thinking of how to solve problems and start thinking of how to make profit because business is all about making profit. I know some over educated folks here will say that you must solve problems before you can make profit, that's a lie because most rich people oftentimes buy what they don't need and do not feel remorseful about it because they have the money. It's just your ability to convince them to buy what you sell even if they need it or not.

- They Don't Over Analyze

Before most educated people act they always like to look at the four sides of the angle. They look at the advantages and disadvantages, read different theories on the issue and consult all types of books to back them up. In short, they over analyze and over think themselves out of opportunities. Most Uneducated people don't go through those stress and that's why they are always quicker to take hold of opportunities.

- They Are Street Smart

It's one thing to be book smart and another to be street smart. People who will buy your products or services are not in the book but on they streets. They are not robots or theories but are humans with needs. We should read books, attend seminars and conferences but we should sometimes put the books aside and see what's happening in the street. Most Uneducated business people spent most of their lives in the street where they've learnt how to survive irrespective of the environment and circumstances.

- They Easily Cry For Help

While most Uneducated Business owners are always quick to employ the services of educated professionals to work for them in order to achieve more, their educated Counterparts are busy accumulating more responsibilities to themselves in order to cut down cost. Most graduate business people always feel proud to attend some seminars, conferences or even read some books. They always feel they are intelligent and are graduates like you and as such you have nothing to teach them. These in turn affects their productivity because no matter the number of degrees you have or your grade, there is little you can accomplish alone.

Succeed You Must.

©Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach
Aptly written

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by kabarka(m): 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
livingseed:

I support you about "focus" but I differ on your focus on one thing and one thing only theory because that was the mantra of management teachers seventeen years ago, focus on your core competence but today, you need to do more than your areas of core competence.

You see in the 20th century which ended 17 years ago, it was profitable to follow this advise- be reasonable and focus on one thing only. To follow the footsteps of your father, my father was a teacher, I also want to be a teacher, mummy is a caterer, I also must be a caterer. There were so many things that were reasonable, core competencies for example. I just want to be a banker and that's just what I want to be. All of those reason that was okay in the 20th century are no more reasonable in the 21st because the dynamics are different.

Unfortunately, we are in a very unusual century. Life in the 21st century is the age of unreason, the age of paradox and the age of perfect variations.

To be successful and prosperous in this generation, one might just need to be multifaceted. Science, arts, commerce, politics, ICT, family etc etc. It's really a variety of skills not just one thing.

Lastly, Perfect education means finding a golden mean where your blows count but does not wear you out. Over education will wear you out likewise under education.

This is the 'truth about the new millennium. There is nothing we can do about it.The earlier you understand this the better for you.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Taich(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=JohnspeakU post=63360367]Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful in Business

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

Succeed You Must.

©Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach [/quote

By the reactions your topic is generating, I can infer that the message has been passed. Though I may not agree with you 100%, you made some very good points.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
valentineuwakwe:
hmm...are you telling me dangotte, Africa richest me don't over analyse or don't wnat to change the world yet he is building companies around African Countries and solving African needs.....motivational talk indeed

Because he's building companies doesn't mean he care about you, he is a smart business man for crying out loud and he knows that no matter what Africans love to build. If I decide to assist you financially doesn’t mean that I care about you, I might be helping you to entice your wife lol.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by kp3tech(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
kp3tech:
So true.
You cannot just help a MSC (one natural or art course) holder when it comes to business.

From personal experience, Like the OP noted they tend to believe they deserve success "in business " because they are successful in school.

They end up falling woefully in business.

Reason is, to be successful in school you need to have a retentive memory backed by study.

In business you don't need retentive memory... You need to be able to control and redirect resources. Resources like Money, humans, material, time, machine, technology etc to produce and sell solution to a particular problem.

The bigger the problem, the high demand of the solution, the effectiveness of your delivery the richer and successful that business person would be.

Get a professional business plan, Feasibility Study, Business evaluation, Business Idea Packaging for your business idea.
also get 100 sources of funding for business (Free, Equity or Debt)

Full Mentorship option available

Talk to an Expert.

Whatsapp: +2347030584018

Contact me on whatsapp.

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by ashtun01: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
bughead:
education is a scam! angry

I regret furthering up to my master instead of to used that money to establish a long time ago!

I know were I would have reach undecided

My cert is there! useless if not for what I'm doing now which I should have done along time ago.

Education is a scam?
Baba, with this your grammar ehn are you sure you have a Master's degree?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by bughead: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
ashtun01:

Education is a scam?
Baba, with this your grammar ehn are you sure you have a Master's degree?
mumu! Na junior degree I get undecided

You think say sch na all about English! undecided

Make I tell you why you mumu no be small! Science courses mostly deal less in English or grammatical blablal but deals more in apply knowledge (like your common sense were you no get)

Unless I study something like mass communication or English, that's when you can criticize my written undecided

Fool! Check your own written, is ehn an English word?

You know why I say you be fool? undecided

Chinese are far More educated and advance than us but got little knowledge of English but yet still lead in economic world power while you and your fellow group of jobless Mr grammatical error are here finding fault in every single grammar undecided

I don't blame you but the white men who enslaved your family linage, that's why you no dey use your sense to reason.

Let me tell you something! Your way of reasoning will make you not to progress in life and so remain miserable fool!

By the way! You and your family can't reach my foot even if i no sabi speak English.

Get a life fool! Na money dey speak no be English.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by omohayek: 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
It's funny how those without the level of education required to evaluate how much education is worth are the same ones who are most enthusiastic about this utterly ridiculous post! One can never lose money catering to the vanity of Nigeria's less educated and less intelligent!

As someone already mentioned, uneducated people are only more "successful" in "business" in poor third-world countries where "business" doesn't go beyond the buying and selling of unprocessed commodities, or mass importation of low-quality consumer goods (aka "container" ). Let's see how far anyone will get in automobile or airplane manufacturing, heavy engineering, pharmaceutical development or financial portfolio management without serious education! How many uneducated people have even a prayer of even breaking into software development, machine-learning, quantum computing or genetic engineering, let alone thriving in such environments? Where do you think Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates both started their businesses? At Harvard University! And where do you think Elon Musk was when he first decided to become an entrepreneur? In a PhD program for Applied Physics at Stanford University! Do these sound like uneducated people to any sane person?

The real problem with Nigeria isn't that its educated people are any less good at "business" than the uneducated ones. The real issue is that Nigeria is so badly led and so rife with corruption that educated people aren't able to grow the sorts of businesses that would make proper use of their skills; that's why the same "overeducated" Nigerians are able to thrive once they get to America, Canada, Europe or other such places. Why should people with curiosity and intelligence be content with "business" like filling containers with second-hand goods in Hong Kong and bringing them into Nigeria? Of course the uneducated will be better at such menial "business" - at least until it is automated by the educated so it too can be handled over the internet!

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Kazim88: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
omohayek:
It's funny how those without the level of education required to evaluate how much education is worth are the same ones who are most enthusiastic about this utterly ridiculous post! One can never lose money catering to the vanity of Nigeria's less educated and less intelligent!

As someone already mentioned, uneducated people are only more "successful" in "business" in poor third-world countries where "business" doesn't go beyond the buying and selling of unprocessed commodities, or mass importation of low-quality consumer goods (aka "container" ). Let's see how far anyone will get in automobile or airplane manufacturing, heavy engineering, pharmaceutical development or financial portfolio management without serious education! How many uneducated people have even a prayer of even breaking into software development, machine-learning, quantum computing or genetic engineering, let alone thriving in such environments? Where do you think Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates both started their businesses? At Harvard University! And where do you think Elon Musk was when he first decided to become an entrepreneur? In a PhD program for Applied Physics at Stanford University! Do these sound like uneducated people to any sane person?

The real problem with Nigeria isn't that its educated people are any less good at "business" than the uneducated ones. The real issue is that Nigeria is so badly led and so rife with corruption that educated people aren't able to grow the sorts of businesses that would make proper use of their skills; that's why the same "overeducated" Nigerians are able to thrive once they get to America, Canada, Europe or other such places. Why should people with curiosity and intelligence be content with "business" like filling containers with second-hand goods in Hong Kong and bringing them into Nigeria? Of course the uneducated will be better at such menial "business" - at least until it is automated by the educated so it too can be handled over the internet!

Mr Big grammar, Education is this context is BSc, Masters.

Secondly, It takes a different kind of education to succeed in business.

3rd, Nigeria university educational system is dead... they are all degree mills. They don't even teach theory talk more of reality.

Undergraduate can't write their projects.... they know nothing. if you think am lying ask any Human Resource consultant that recruit for company you would be shocked.

The worse is they come out with arrogance and conceit that am a graduate. I have MSc..

yet they can't solve their own problem talk more of corporate or national problem.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by PissedOffWeed(m): 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
What do you mean by uneducated?

The fact that people do not have formal education does not make them 'uneducated'...you think the years most of them spend in apprenticeship is for games? Education involves LEARNING, so, if you LEARN a trade, you are EDUCATED.

BTW, while your points may be true, we have to decipher the difference between a business man and a business mogul and that is where formal education will come to bear.

The difference between Emeka and Elumelu is that Elumelu got formal education and Emeka felt he didn't need it. Trade will make you a business man, but formal education will make you a business mogul

Bill gates, Honda, Ford, McDonald.... says hi
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by omohayek: 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kazim88:

Mr Big grammar, Education is this context is BSc, Masters.
Mr. Little Grammar, what sort of qualification do you think it takes be a chemical or software engineer? What qualification do you think Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg were pursuing at Harvard, exactly? A trivial Google search would have told you the answer, if only you'd bothered to check before dashing off your ignorant response ...

Secondly, It takes a different kind of education to succeed in business.
What, is Facebook not a business? Is Microsoft not a business? Are Tesla and SpaceX not businesses?

3rd, Nigeria university educational system is dead... they are all degree mills. They don't even teach theory talk more of reality.

Undergraduate can't write their projects.... they know nothing. if you think am lying ask any Human Resource consultant that recruit for company you would be shocked.
And yet, it is the same products of degree mills who are excelling in America, Canada and the UK. How are they managing to do so, if what you say is all true?

The worse is they come out with arrogance and conceit that am a graduate. I have MSc..

yet they can't solve their own problem talk more of corporate or national problem.
Well, your statement clearly applies in your case, since you fail to realize how Nigerian politics sets roadblocks for participation that few educated people can clear without godfathers to sponsor them, or that Nigeria's terrible governance routinely destroys the hard work of even the smartest and most hardworking of its entrepreneurs.

Have you ever tried starting a real business of your own in Nigeria, one that requires heavy investment and skilled workers, one that goes beyond simple trading or importation of second-hand goods? Do you know how many licenses and permits you will be required to provide, and how many parasites will demand bribes to issue them to you? Have you ever witnessed a governor deciding your business looks too healthy for him to leave you alone, and suddenly yanking your C of O, or pulling some other stunt that will kill your firm, unless you "donate" 25% of your turnover to a numbered foreign account? Unless you've dealt with Nigeria's insanely difficult business environment at a high level, you have no business criticizing university graduates for not achieving the impossible in the face of so many obstacles.

I'll repeat: the only reason uneducated people appear to do better at "business" in Nigeria is because the only type of "business" that can do well in the hostile Nigerian environment is the rudimentary buying/selling or "okrika" importation type that uneducated people are limited to. If Nigeria were even slightly better run and friendlier to business, the OP would have been laughed at so hard he'd have deleted the entire thread in embarrassment.

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by ashtun01: 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
bughead:
mumu! Na junior degree I get undecided

You think say sch na all about English! undecided

Make I tell you why you mumu no be small! Science courses mostly deal less in English or grammatical blablal but deals more in apply knowledge (like your common sense were you no get)

Unless I study something like mass communication
Na money dey speak no be English.

You are an unrepentant slowpoke, you goofed but instead of you to admit and correct all the kindergarten grammar you wrote up there you are busy finding excuses for your stupidity!!! You are a fool of the highest order.
Truth is, If as a graduate you can't successfully put ten correct lines of grammar together then you are a shame to your School, teachers and you've failed your family.

You even said "Education is a scam". You can as well not send your children to school.

Go hire an english teacher boy, you are just a disgrace to all Master's degree holders.

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by bughead: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
ashtun01:

You are an unrepentant slowpoke, you goofed but instead of you to admit and correct all the kindergarten grammar you wrote up there you are busy finding excuses for your stupidity!!! You are a fool of the highest order.
Truth is, If as a graduate you can't successfully put ten correct lines of grammar together then you are a shame to your School, teachers and you've failed your family.

You even said "Education is a scam". You can as well not send your children to school.

Go hire an english teacher boy, you are just a disgrace to all Master's degree holders.
OK!

I go hire your mother make she teach me English come pay her make she use the money take feed you undecided
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by ashtun01: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
bughead:
OK!

I go hire your mother make she teach me English come pay her make she use the money take feed you undecided

Ok! You illiterate grin
You need education still. Olodo jati jati!!!
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by SIRTee15: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
omohayek:

I was just appalled by his statement....
Belittling the influence of education in entrepreneurship....
From his posts, he doesn't even understand the concept 'education'.....
So much for motivational speakers.....
Stanford university virtually birthed n groomed silicon valley n the tech industry....
Singapore became an advanced economy courtesy of a well educated n highly skilled workforce....
I keep saying it....
Nigeria will get it right, the day we decide to take education seriously.....
Right from primary to postgraduate....
Until then we will continue to wallow in our rudimentary n primitive economy system.....
Where the kings are Chinese importers n wholesale commodity traders....
Nonsense....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by jmichael259(m): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
eezeribe:
'Infoprenation'
please explain this word
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
omohayek:

In your attempt to join the bandwagon you've made some silly points that should earn you a knock. Have you forgotten that the early manufacturers of the so called automobiles were illiterates? Men like Henry Ford the Founder of Ford Motor were not learned.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
SIRTee15:

I was just appalled by his statement....
Belittling the influence of education in entrepreneurship....
From his posts, he doesn't even understand the concept 'education'.....
So much for motivational speakers.....
Stanford university virtually birthed n groomed silicon valley n the tech industry....
Singapore became an advanced economy courtesy of a well educated n highly skilled workforce....
I keep saying it....
Nigeria will get it right, the day we decide to take education seriously.....
Right from primary to postgraduate....
Until then we will continue to wallow in our rudimentary n primitive economy system.....
Where the kings are Chinese importers n wholesale commodity traders....
Nonsense....

I feel you should remove the Sir from your name because you are not worthy to earn that. Who told you that silicon Valley was birthed by stanford graduates? No one is belittling the importance and role of education to national development but what I stated was that education that stem from the four walls of a university have made so many graduates too lazy to run a business.

The cabals that are sitting on the destiny of this country are not more educated or schooled than most of us. But there are other attributes they possess that we've allowed our over intelligence to rob us of.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by omohayek: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
JohnspeakU:

In your attempt to join the bandwagon you've made some silly points that should earn you a knock. Have you forgotten that the early manufacturers of the so called automobiles were illiterates? Men like Henry Ford the Founder of Ford Motor were not learned.
I couldn't have asked for a better example of an uneducated half-wit if I'd offered to pay for one! If you were anything above semi-literate, you'd have run a Google search before making such a stupid claim about Henry Ford, Karl Benz, Gottlieb Daimler, Giovanni Agnelli, or any of the other pioneering giants of car-making, not a single one of whom was "illiterate". Go ahead and list a single such case if you can!

I bet you probably hadn't even heard of most of the names I'd mentioned until now, but that didn't stop you from revealing your ignorance for the entire world to see - another example of the uneducated convinced of the worthlessness of something he doesn't know enough about to even hold an opinion on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
omohayek:

I couldn't have asked for a better example of an uneducated half-wit if I'd offered to pay for one! If you were anything above semi-literate, you'd have run a Google search before making such a stupid claim about Henry Ford, Karl Benz, Gottlieb Daimler, Giovanni Agnelli, or any of the other pioneering giants of car-making, not a single one of whom was "illiterate". Go ahead and list a single such case if you can!

I bet you probably hadn't even heard of most of the names I'd mentioned until now, but that didn't stop you from revealing your ignorance for the entire world to see - another example of the uneducated convinced of the worthlessness of something he doesn't know enough about to even hold an opinion on.

Reading this, one would think you know what you are saying. But you don't. I won't bother myself again arguing with you. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market / A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) / Breaking!!! Prepare For AUSTERITY - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.